Total servers: 0
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to code internal clan and ranking/elo system + a bugfix  (Read 2132 times)

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
Want to code internal clan and ranking/elo system + a bugfix
« on: December 26, 2014, 12:51:15 am »
Hey guys I'm a developer who knows c++ python lua and more,  and i want to try and add an internal clan and ranked game system for clanwars, simply because I don't think that SorZ's league system will work too well on the forums. I think that it should be built into the game. I have the source code and have checked out the wiki for contributing to olx, but i still want some help from other developers on where exactly to start.

First thing I want to do is to add a main menu option for clan admins to create and manage their clan. One admin can make the clan through an option in the main menu of the game, and no two clans can have the same tag or name. The admins of the clan should be able to invite/promote/kick users thru that same option on the main menu. It should show a list of all lx users and is searchable, with options next to the name of each person. There should also be another list next to it for ppl already in the clan.

But to do this, there needs to be a list of lx users, which means that each lx user must have a single name that can identify them. This means username/password login. The problem with this is that ppl like to use more than one username. My fix around this is that only your "official" searchable display name will have the clan tag, but you can use other display names just like the game already has implemented, but the other display names won't have clan tag. If you want to change ur name within the clan, then the clan admin can do that for you.

Now since clans and members are implemented, there should be a ranked game option under game mode in a server. It will be the same as TDM but will only be playable if there are two clans vs each other and equal numbers on each side (after u put ppl on spectate).

The game will then record your results and change you clan elo respectively and put them in a leaderboard list, accessible through the server list page as a clickable option at top of page (like the favorites tab)

Bugfix: will edit and add later.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:56:56 am by satch »
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

Herr Flick

Re: Want to code internal clan and ranking/elo system + a bugfix
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 01:38:45 am »
GL - sounds like a LOT of work. Pm DarkCharlie, and make sure this doesn't  already  exist somewhere on the internet. Hope you actually get to some results and that  this  will not be yet another void ict promise. Wish I could  help but I can't code myself.

Got ideas yet as how to calculate the ranks? I could  offer my help when it comes to mathematics/computational optimisation problems.

SorZ

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 01:49:30 am »
All the things you wrote would be cool, an utopia to be honest.
But as Flick said, a lot of work to do. If you want to put an effort in trying, I applaud you!

Flick, I have a link for a good site that calculates the ELO ranking online. I could publish it perhaps, so more people could help with the ranking.

But the most important things of all, start playing more clanwars guys!

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 02:33:17 am »
Thank you for the feedback but these changes are not too complex at all and I'm sure I can do like 60% of it easily. For example, to make a list of something I can look at the past code for lists (such as the skin list where u pick a skin) and learn from that. Just need a developer to help me take a look and see where exactly to start. I think I will mostly he working in src/client and src/server.

Also I have experience doing username logins with Firebase and its pretty easy
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:48:26 am by satch »
dicks

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 09:38:34 am »
Have had this discussion before.. I remember the argument "people will be statpadding"... Meaning for example I would maybe want to maximize my damage/hp ratio

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

albert

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 02:03:48 pm »
Hey, about how to get the source code, how to get help, how to get around, how to understand and read the source code, etc., that is all covered here: http://www.openlierox.net/wiki/index.php/Contribute_to_the_source_code

Your ideas sound great. We have planned something like that since a long time, but noone really has time anymore to do it.

You can ask me any question about the code. IM (GTalk) or Mail (albzey@gmail.com) is easier for me - or use the mailinglist (read the wiki, it's all explained there).

satch

• LXA addicted
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 06:11:57 pm »
Thanks albert, sent an email!
dicks

Kurko

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 09:06:44 pm »

But to do this, there needs to be a list of lx users, which means that each lx user must have a single name that can identify them. This means username/password login. The problem with this is that ppl like to use more than one username. My fix around this is that only your "official" searchable display name will have the clan tag, but you can use other display names just like the game already has implemented, but the other display names won't have clan tag. If you want to change ur name within the clan, then the clan admin can do that for you.

I guess that integration to LXA user database would be the easiest way to implement this. Of course it requires that the LXA admins support the idea. Some other games do it that way.

Which version are you planning to use as a base?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 09:09:44 pm by Kurko »

DarkCharlie

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 11:52:46 pm »
Hey,
I'm sorry for taking so much time for the response to your PM. But you know - xmas ;)

If you are trying to compile OLX on Windows, there is a repository on my github: https://github.com/karelp/openlierox-win-build. It should be as easy as cloning the repo and hitting Compile in Visual Studio (>= 2010). I haven't updated it for a while but not much changed in the OLX code base either so it should be still functional :)

After you successfully compile the code, you can start tweaking it.

If you want to integrate with LXA that won't be a problem if you can write the code - I'm afraid I won't be able to dedicate much time to it.

Also, LXA acts as an OpenID provider so you can use that to verify the identity of your players.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything