From OpenLieroX Wiki
The original Gusanos documentation can be found here.
The directory structure of Gusanos mods is:
- mod.cfg : mod configuration
- objects/ : directory of objects
- *.wpn : weapons
- *.wav or *.ogg
- *.mfx: map effects
- scripts/ : Lua scripts
- <modname>.lua : init-function
- common.lua : init-function fallback, if <modname>.lua was not found
- Creating explosive drums using collision layers
- Check out the existing mods (there are some very famous already included in OLX). You'll find many more examples here.
- The Gusanos forums provide more help about modding.
Changes of Gusanos in OpenLieroX
Gusanos Console system
The Gusanos console is only used internally for Gusanos; OpenLieroX uses an own console system. And many commands/variables of the Gusanos console system are ignored and don't work in OpenLieroX. That are mostly all the game logic related stuff (maxkills etc.; this is all handled by OLX itself) and also system parameters (gfx settings etc.).
Gusanos menu system
Is completly ignored in OLX. It is not rendered at all.