Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Religion, sexuality, etc.  (Read 22276 times)

Spectro

Re: Religion, sexuality, etc.
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2008, 11:50:03 am »
Agreed and agreed. Religions overate ancient writings like the Bible, the Koran, and the Book of Mormon. Although the Bible and the Koran are no science books, they still present some valuable chunks of historical fact. BUT, and unfortunate to the arguments that religions present, the authors of these books likely intended to mix some of their own philosophies with historical truth to leverage their opinion. I agree with many of the philosophies published in the Bible, but most of them are outdated. We live in the 21st century, I think it's time we stop living according to stuff ancient philosophers/prophets had on their mind during their time and start living in the here and now.

FunkyLemon

Re: Religion, sexuality, etc.
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2008, 01:22:26 pm »
Hmm, me, I'm an Atheist too. But that doesn't mean i don't believe in any Religion, that only means i don't belive in any higher power...
Buddhist, Taoist and Hindu teachings interest me a lot, for me, they have more sense than Christianity.
I have quite a critical eye concerning Christian, Jewish, Islamic... etc. ideologies and teachings. I debate with people of other beliefs but I try to be as tolerant as possible.
And to Sexuality, I'm hetero. As a kid i had difficulties understanding and tolerating people of other sexuality, but I realize how stupid I behaved... Maybe it's because I never knew a homo- or bisexual up until a few years. So that's the truth, I'm quite ashamed of thinking of people of other sexuality as "weird"... when i was a kid
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up