Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Religion, sexuality, etc.  (Read 22288 times)

Spoon

Re: Religion, sexuality, etc.
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2008, 01:21:58 am »
I think by calling himself a 'near satanist' he is linking religion with ethics and morals, and saying that he not only has no religion, but also uses that as an excuse to relieve himself of ethics and morals.

Which is ironic, since it's the religious lot who describe evil doers and effectively 'satanists' as people with no ethics or morals.

ShadowShark

« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2008, 12:46:26 am »
Well, I myself am a straight Catholic, I'm sorry to the one who said he hated religion (sorry if i mis-typed) and im also sorry if he hates people for thier religion, for example, i hope he doesnt hate me for being Catholic. I personally believe in god because of some experiences I have had. I think that [i hope the mods dont attack me for this] masterbation is wrong(i hope i spelled it right). I think god has helped me quit, because I've been trying to quit for almost a year now, and when i told myself that i would give up if my final prayer to god was not answered, i just randomly quit without trying, and when i say "give up" i meant on god, not on life.

I also [sorry people] have an abnormal hatred toward homosexuals. I don't know why. There's a kid in my school who is a homosexual and i hate him even when I try to be nice to him.

Hates: Homesexuals, people who hate one another for personally things like race and religion. (which is also why i hate myself sometimes.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2008, 12:57:57 am »
Hates: Homesexuals, people who hate one another for personally things like race and religion. (which is also why i hate myself sometimes.

The irony!

Krayonaise

« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2008, 02:03:09 am »
osht i think Woody is making me reconsider what type o ass i wanna tap with.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Spoon

« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2008, 06:17:54 pm »
Well, I myself am a straight Catholic, I'm sorry to the one who said he hated religion (sorry if i mis-typed) and im also sorry if he hates people for thier religion, for example, i hope he doesnt hate me for being Catholic. I personally believe in god because of some experiences I have had. I think that [i hope the mods dont attack me for this] masterbation is wrong(i hope i spelled it right). I think god has helped me quit, because I've been trying to quit for almost a year now, and when i told myself that i would give up if my final prayer to god was not answered, i just randomly quit without trying, and when i say "give up" i meant on god, not on life.

I also [sorry people] have an abnormal hatred toward homosexuals. I don't know why. There's a kid in my school who is a homosexual and i hate him even when I try to be nice to him.

How can you justify hating people because of their sexuality, and then be upset when someone hates you because of your religion. Is it because your religion tells you to hate them?

Imagine what'd happen if all homosexuals hated religious people.

The big irony for me (except your hatred thing) is that the church has a massive history of homosexuality and paedophilia associated with it's clerics.

Calvi

• If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.
  • LXA know-it-all.
  • Schwartz: +20/-1
  • 2865 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Calvi
  • "Oh my gods! It's a Calvi!"
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2008, 06:41:47 pm »
Shadowshark : if you are a straight Catholic, you should know that Catholicism, tries to broadcast an ideal of tolerance, and respect. So, even is homosexuality isn't good, according to Church, priests have respect and tolerance towards them. I know a few priests, and they will always have respects for straights. They will never insult, hate, or laugh at them. Moreover, there are straights who go to church, and who believe in god...
 So, as a "straight Catholic", you shouldn't hate that guy who is homosexual. If you don't act like your church does on that topic, it just means you are not really a straight catholic. Being intolerant is a sin.

Spoon : I think you shouldn't speak about history of Catholicism. Before, in every rich family, the first son got the money, the second went to church and the others went to the army (or the contrary, but not that important). So, going to church wasn't a calling, but they were forced to do that, so that the rich families kept their money for 1 person. As it wasn't a calling, I guess you can't blame church for having been corrupted, or for having had bad behaviours. You better speak about now, and very recent years. It's obvious, in a few cases, some priests were pedophiles, but that is a minority, and it would be really bad to generalize.

P.S. : I'm catholic, in a catholic school, so I think know the topic, and that's why i replied.
I personnaly don't believe in god, even if you may have thought i do according to this post.

Spoon

« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2008, 07:41:36 pm »
My comment comes from the fact that in England, there is a stereotype. When someone says 'Yeah the priest a bit.. funny, you know?' - everyone knows what you mean.

I do not know about the role of family and catholicism in your country, but here it is different. Catholics are a minority in Britain - Britain is largely Protestant. The differences have caused wars in places such as Northern Ireland. As somebody who does not subscribe to any religion (not an 'Athiest' either - i find most people who claim to be 'Athiest' also have some attitudes and morales which are somewhat lacking and unsavoury) yet someone who has been brought up going to church services, as someone who's dealt regularly with a handful of different chaplains throughout my different schools, i have my own reasons to see and comment on the things associated with the various churches.

Loop

« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2008, 08:32:24 pm »
Pizzaland has its share of pedophile priests... which is quite the worst thing for a person who should work with your soul... and sadly, tho it's a minority as Calvi says, percentually it's still more than physiological. Also, most shocking thing is the defence of pedophile priests by the clergy... check here for more info. As you see I am very critical versus hierarchical structures based on dogmas and little more. Obviously, you cannot generalize; there are some decent people who really care too. I just tend to respect more a honest missionary in Nairobi than a pope.

The general thought still remains: Think, be, love, believe whatever you want as long as you don't force or mess with others.

ShadowShark

« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2008, 09:09:04 pm »
Shadowshark : if you are a straight Catholic, you should know that Catholicism, tries to broadcast an ideal of tolerance, and respect. So, even is homosexuality isn't good, according to Church, priests have respect and tolerance towards them. I know a few priests, and they will always have respects for straights. They will never insult, hate, or laugh at them. Moreover, there are straights who go to church, and who believe in god...
 So, as a "straight Catholic", you shouldn't hate that guy who is homosexual. If you don't act like your church does on that topic, it just means you are not really a straight catholic. Being intolerant is a sin.

Spoon : I think you shouldn't speak about history of Catholicism. Before, in every rich family, the first son got the money, the second went to church and the others went to the army (or the contrary, but not that important). So, going to church wasn't a calling, but they were forced to do that, so that the rich families kept their money for 1 person. As it wasn't a calling, I guess you can't blame church for having been corrupted, or for having had bad behaviours. You better speak about now, and very recent years. It's obvious, in a few cases, some priests were pedophiles, but that is a minority, and it would be really bad to generalize.

P.S. : I'm catholic, in a catholic school, so I think know the topic, and that's why i replied.
I personnaly don't believe in god, even if you may have thought i do according to this post.

interesting idea,  its not my religion that makes me hate him, like you said, i think its my intolerance

Shade

« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2008, 02:18:35 pm »
Personally I am straight, guys are good friends but its the women I'm after.

On counts of religion I'm just an ordinary guy thats been brought up in a Christian society.
I got taught about Christianity in school etc..
I don't really care about religion and I'll probably burn in hell either way.
Hey Mike get me some popcorn, I'm on my way. xd
One day you'll just be a memory for some people, do your best to be a good one.

Morby

« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2008, 06:36:10 pm »
I am Christian and straight.

It is very pretty sure thing, that the reason of leaving church is church tax. I really can't understand why do somenodies leave church just because of money? Are we humans really so selfish? Whatever, we are living the End Beginning time, and the Bible says these kind of features are part of End Beginning. But of course there must be humans who leave church because of that they don't believe, and I have personally nothing to against it.

Why would any sane person pay church tax if they don't believe in it? It's pointless to throw money at the church if you never visit it. You're just going to waste money on something that you don't need.

Spectro

« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2008, 07:01:07 pm »
I know of a local pastor who resigned because he felt trapped inside his obligation to be straight for his church congregation. The Bible has plenty to say on homosexuality and it's immorality. He went through countless alter calls seeking forgiveness and repentance for his homosexual feelings, but never found resolve. Turned out he slipped away from his church  scene quietly to 'explore himself'. He's never come back, which tells me he's made his own decision to part away from Christianity. He was a damn nice pastor- very friendly and outgoing and never had anything bad to say about anyone. I feel happy he snuck out of way of the relentless bigots he would have had to face if it went church-public at least.

Hermod

« Reply #132 on: March 29, 2008, 07:02:49 pm »
interesting idea,  its not my religion that makes me hate him, like you said, i think its my intolerance

or just some shared opinions/perceptions with your parents and friends?

In my eyes you are clearly dealing with your former thoughts, and your opinion about people generally, as you often comes to the conclusion that everyone is the same(worth the same)

Asrack

« Reply #133 on: March 29, 2008, 07:04:45 pm »
You know whats wrong with Religion. People take the bible far to seriously.

And discuss!

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #134 on: March 29, 2008, 07:05:33 pm »
Agreed.

Just read through this thread and you see some wonderful examples of taking the bible too seriously :)

Hermod

« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2008, 07:16:20 pm »
Agreed.

Just read through this thread and you see some wonderful examples of taking the bible too seriously :)
If you want to look smart, you have failed. You can't take something too seriously, as you always have a reason.

In this world there is a balance, there is some work we have to do so we can survive, and become more cilivized (dunnospell) And some people are more skilled and experienced in things than others. Many people can't understand that, and call them idiots just because they have aimed there perceptions and energy on something else.

I think the bible is a protection from the things that the human don't know, it allows us to countinue our life without any bigger abstract conflicts.

Flaw

« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2008, 07:46:05 pm »
Agreed.

If you want to look smart, you have failed. You can't take something too seriously, as you always have a reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wppjYDj9JUc
I'd say he is taking Koran a bit too seriously.
You can always take things too seriously. Just because you have a reason, doesn't mean you aren't taking a thing too seriously.
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

Gaston

« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2008, 07:49:54 pm »
I am Christian and straight.

It is very pretty sure thing, that the reason of leaving church is church tax. I really can't understand why do somenodies leave church just because of money? Are we humans really so selfish? Whatever, we are living the End Beginning time, and the Bible says these kind of features are part of End Beginning. But of course there must be humans who leave church because of that they don't believe, and I have personally nothing to against it.

Why would any sane person pay church tax if they don't believe in it? It's pointless to throw money at the church if you never visit it. You're just going to waste money on something that you don't need.

Also interesting is that Jesus warns us to trust big organizations proclaiming to speak his gospel, as they may lead you to the road of hell. And church tax was definatly not something Jesus preached.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Spectro

« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2008, 11:32:36 am »
Glad you dug that video up Flaw- it's always reminded me of the danger religion poses on society and our progression. The guy is obviously a complete drone, and can only think inside the box in which his religions constrains him. What's even scarier is that other religions look and laugh when they are as guilty to submitting themselves to their own little boxes.

I see religion as a tool used to control the masses- society. I think the intentions are all honorable, but leaders of these large religions keep people in the dark. The Catholic high priests compiled the Bible based on this principle of control, which is why they left the controversial books out. What controversial books? Try the book of Enoch for starters, like I mentioned in my last post. Why not include the book of Enoch? It presents solid evidence of God's imperfection, his lack of control. Lucifer left heaven with 1/3 its angels because 1/3 of heavens angels agreed with what he had to say. Of course the other 2/3 of heaven stood in blind and unwavering compliance to their sovereign lord. Could God have been wrong, and Satan was right for once? Maybe the other 2/3 of heaven feared God so much that they were afraid to cross his word. Damn, that would mean God was running his place like a dictatorship. Quite a perspective that type of controversial knowledge can grant. Which is why the high priests left it out to more easily keep society under control.

Here's a new bone to chew. What if heaven and hell do in fact exist, but neither one is better than the other. What if hell is just another way of looking at life? We see opposites that balance each other out for equilibrium all around us. In science, we've created mathematic formulas that describe and predict the patterns of nature, which can attest to this idea of there always being "equilibrium". Think back to basic algebra where both sides of the equal sign must be equivalent. So who's to say which side is bad and which is good and why one should be better than the other. With one missing, there wouldn't be equilibrium, which should trigger something in your head right now- both are equally important. From the perspective of good, good is bad. From the perspective of bad, bad is good. Think about it. =}

Morby

« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2008, 05:06:17 pm »
You know whats wrong with Religion. People take the bible far to seriously.

And discuss!

Indeed! In my opinion if you should live by the bible, you should live by the messages it gives, in other words, teaching you right from wrong or whatever it does.
To actually believe the "bullocks" in it is in my mind a bit lunatic, if you actually believe that everything in it actually happened.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 05:09:28 pm by Morby »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

anything