Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Rakkula September 18, 2019, 06:18:07 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Liero v2.0 – 100lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [mod] World War II  (Read 4234 times)

Will Duke

Re: [mod] World War II
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2008, 08:08:46 am »
The rope is ok. Just hard to master it. Practice, practice, practice.
If it bleeds, we can kill it!             
Duke of a small land locked country called Will.

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2008, 07:57:22 pm »
I love it, what else could I say.

The weapons feels just like a weapon should feel, loud and powerful. Yet they aren't annoying in the limited LieroX dimension.
 I found it a bit odd that you decided to use  Sturmgewehr 44 as the M1 Thompson's counterpart, but whatever. The larger MGs could need a higher RoF, it's all nice that you can't spray them like crazy but they aren't really worth their price.

The only thing that annoys me is the floaty gravity, it slows down the otherwise fast phase dramatically. You should definitely keep the rope as it is, which is probably your intention.

DO NOT under any circumstance consider adding any kind if rocket launchers (HEAT shells were never even meant to take out infantry!).

Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 08:17:25 pm »
I love it, what else could I say.

The weapons feels just like a weapon should feel, loud and powerful. Yet they aren't annoying in the limited LieroX dimension.
 I found it a bit odd that you decided to use  Sturmgewehr 44 as the M1 Thompson's counterpart, but whatever. The larger MGs could need a higher RoF, it's all nice that you can't spray them like crazy but they aren't really worth their price.

The only thing that annoys me is the floaty gravity, it slows down the otherwise fast phase dramatically. You should definitely keep the rope as it is, which is probably your intention.

DO NOT under any circumstance consider adding any kind if rocket launchers (HEAT shells were never even meant to take out infantry!).

Higher RoF, meaning you want shorter or longer between the bursts?

And about the floaty gravity: You mean the gravity should be higher so you hit the floor faster?
So you know this is still in tweaking process and I really appriciate that you wrote this :).

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 08:59:39 pm »
Higher RoF as in more bullets per second, though I haven't decided whether the bursts should be longer or a shorter pause between the bursts.

And yup, the pull of the gravity should be higher, so that you fall faster.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 09:02:40 pm »
Can you describe how you think the MG's are a problem. Ive played with them much. And I honestly think they're quite powerfull allready =O. Usually 3 bursts for a kill, and they're quite easy to hit with IMO.

If faster RoF then I think Ill have to nerf the damage.

What do you think?

Will Duke

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 09:24:37 pm »
MG is ok. If u wanna stick to the realism then u can't make mod:P. Faster rate of fire and the currently damage would be realistic. AND IMBA! It's ok now.

Benn0

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2008, 11:16:09 pm »
Half of my MG problem is from realism. The second half is that the MG's are outshined by both the assault rifles/submachine guns and the sidearms. The sidearms bullets doesn't have the same velocity as the MG's thus giving the MG's the advantage at longer range. But as far as I'm concerned the sidearm's DPS (damage per second) is higher, not to mention that they are reloadable (though the MG's large clips are an advantage itself).

The MG's are still competitive compared to the sidearms, but they are not very competitive compared to the Sturmgewehr and the Thompson. I couldn't find even one situation where the where I'd pick a MG over an assault rifle/submachine gun.

Solution: Decreasing accuracy(more spread) of the assault rifle/submachine gun, while increasing the MG's rounds/burst from 3 to maybe 4 (or five). The accuracy could also be decreased slightly.
This would make both weapons weaker at long range (where the highpower rifles are dominating), their potential at short range would remain about the same. But the MG's would be much more efficient at semi-short to semi-long range, not to mention their potential at short range in the hands of someone who is actually able to use the bursts to their advantage. The assault rifle/submachine gun would still be more powerful at short range for the general user due to the higher DPS over time(not counting reloads).

Take my suggestions as simple suggestions, they might not correspond to (the? (help please?)) reality.

Duke: People will never agree on everything :P

Will Duke

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 07:15:44 pm »
True, never agree. especially me if the WWII is the subject ;)

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2008, 04:00:35 pm »
Well, what do you know. I have been working on a WWII mod for some time now ;)
Actually over a year. I just thought I'd bring it somewhat near perfection before I release it.
But seeing this kind of makes me want to finish it ;O

I think I won't download yours just so you can't say I stole anything from you ;)
Maybe we could cooperate at some point ^^
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:10:34 pm by AnubisBlessing »

Will Duke

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 08:51:02 am »
more WWII mods....GREAT! :D

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2008, 09:37:12 pm »
I forgot about this mod ^^.

The v1.2 beta that i made some time ago is released now! :D

I mainly changed the gravity so you fall faster.

I cant really remember what else i changed but i did some tweaking to all weapons. =)

cheers
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up