Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [mod] World War II  (Read 4174 times)

'KJack.mp3

[mod] World War II
« on: February 26, 2008, 04:25:25 pm »
World War II
mod

Information

General Information

This mod is meant to be a little faster and more fun than other mods. You know, "easy to learn, hard to master". The ninja-rope is short and that makes so you can't swing around the level with high speeds. Every bullet in this mod has a trail after it, this I think makes it easier to aim and shoot. It may be a little odd in the beginning but the more you play it the more you like it :P.

As you may have noticed the weapons is devided into to factions, Axis and Allies. This is made for Team Deathmatch. So one team take axis, the other allied. But if you want to play Deathmatch I advice you to bann one of the weapons that is simular to the other faction, that way you make sure people dont make rifle combes or such.

This mod is only beta at the moment. But when the final release comes I will release a custom made map for it :).

Weapons:

All weapons have sounds!

Axis:

1. Kar 98k
Info: This is the most powerfull weapon in the game. But it has a very epm (rounds per minite). And the reload is slow  too. It contains 5 shots.

2. Kar 98k scoped
Info: Same as above but.. It has a lasersight, only contains 2 bullets and you can't reload it.

3. Sturmgewehr 44
Info: This is a semi/full-auto weapon. It contains 30 bullets and have a moderate reload time.

4. MG 42
Info: The MG contains 50 bullets and cannot be reload. You can only shoot it in bursts. And the spread of the bullets makes this usefull to hit longrange oppenent.

5. Luger P08
Info: The Luger may not be the most powerfull weapon but it reloads very fast. This is the weapon to have when you are out of bullets.

6. Stielhandgranate
Info: You have 2 grenades and it cannot be reload. The german grenade can be thrown far due to its long stick design. The explosion is very strong. But it has a catch, it takes 5 seconds for it do detonate.

Allied:

M1 Garand
Info: This is a semi-automatic weapon and deals out moderate damage. It contains 8 bullets and it has a slow reload.

2. M1 Garand scoped
Info: Same as above but.. it has a lasersight, only has 4 bullets and cannot be reload.

M1 Thompson
Info: This is an automatic weapon. It has 20 bullets and has a moderate reload time.

Brownig .30
Info: The MG contains 50 bullets and cannot be reload. You can only shoot it in bursts. And the spread of the bullets makes this usefull to hit longrange oppenent.
(the difference between this and the MG42 is: Browning shoots longer, but it has longer between the bursts)

5. M1911 Colt .45
Info: This pistol carries 8 bullets and has a quick reload.

6. Mk2 Grenade
Info: This grenade is a shrapnel grenade. It has 2 grenades and cannot be reload. It has quite a short throwing length but its very usefull.

Download

Current version: World War II v1.2beta

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 09:33:20 pm by 'KJack.mp3 »

Jage

Re: [mod] World War II
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 05:00:24 pm »
It atleast sounds nice. I'm going to test it later today.  ;)

Griffin

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 05:01:05 pm »
I don't really like this mod.
I feel it's too slow, the gravity and worm speed is strange. I thought that people needed parachutes in WW2 but with this gravity I'm not so sure.
The time between shots is also large and rather annoying with things such as grenades, I really think it's better to camp then go in the open.
The jump height and rope don't work too well together either, in Fossil Facility there are things that I would have expected to hit with my rope and near the middle right is a ledge I can't even jump on to.
Sorry for being so negative but.. Nope can't think of anything to add here.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:10:07 pm »
I don't really like this mod.
I feel it's too slow, the gravity and worm speed is strange. I thought that people needed parachutes in WW2 but with this gravity I'm not so sure.
The time between shots is also large and rather annoying with things such as grenades, I really think it's better to camp then go in the open.
The jump height and rope don't work too well together either, in Fossil Facility there are things that I would have expected to hit with my rope and near the middle right is a ledge I can't even jump on to.
Sorry for being so negative but.. Nope can't think of anything to add here.

Ofcorse i understand that this isnt a normal LX mod. I aim on making a totally different mod, ofcorse the old freggin maps isnt optimised for it!! I have done many testing alone. But I have recently tested this with others. I think It worked very good. We played on Lfr and we were able to go where we wanted without any problem.. What I wanted with the short rope is that u have to be more tactical where u go. You cant just run away just shooting the rope the other direction, u actually have to think. And I dont get what u mean that you find it annoying with the delay between shots? I would take a guess that you used the Kar 98k, that weapons is meant to have a 4 second wait between shots because it do alot damage. The other weapons I cant say have long in between the shots?
Well thanks for the feedback but please... test the mod with other players before you judge it=)

edit: i dont want this mod to feel any like Liero v1.0

Griffin

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:16:52 pm »
I did test the mod with another player, we spent the whole game within 50px of eachother with only machine guns, some which were spammy (sorry can't remember names) and some took too long to fire so I only shot them once or if all others were gone. Grenades were practically useless because of the timer I couldn't land a so called 'skillful' shot. I felt that the rope fell about 20px short of where I expected it to. Also I think that duels are comparable to running because of how long it takes to get a hit except with the aforementioned more powerful and fast firing guns.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:41:05 pm »
wow...

Well then I guess  you are very different then. Ive now tested this md with 5 others. And they thinks its a funny mod and very good. And its easier to hit with the rifles on short range. When I played a DM with 2 others it didnt become spammy like you say. The mg's are made for a medium rang shots, cuz of its spread. And do remember that its still in the tweaking process.
And I do know that the german handgrenade ivery useless in current state. Im working on that, I was thinking maybe a little shorter timer like 3-4 seconds. I will have to do something about that one yes. The last thing u mention is how hard  it is to hit. Well I do know its hard to hit with the Kar98k because of the long time between shots. But that is because its great power. But the M1 Garand i found it easy to hit cuz its a semi auto.
I know that in the beginning its easier to use the full auto weapons. But I have come to realise that when u get good with the rifles you get an advantage :P.

PooNinja

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 06:53:21 pm »
Why is the rope so short? I like the weapons but the rope is really annoying in big levels.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 06:56:12 pm »
Dont worry pooninja. im making a custom level for this mod :)

Crizze

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:16:05 pm »
I will take the credits of testing! (Jk)
I liked the mod pretty much, only thing wasnt so cool in it was the trail of Garand.
What you already know because i told you.

Gj 9/10  :-*
I know i don't post very much, but when i post it's so awesome that it cover's 10 of your posts.

Will Duke

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 07:51:00 pm »
WWII has a very special part of my heart. Today I took the whole History lesson for my power point presentation of weapons of WWII :D I gonna test the mod tomorrow. Sounds good. Few thing that i already noticed: Germans don't have semi-automatic rifle(gewehr43 for e.g.) and America don't have bolt-action rifle(u wrote Allys so it can be the soviet Mosin-Nagant). I hope it's still balanced. The Tompson's "axis brother" is the MP40 (sub-machine guns). And the MP43's(Sturmgewehr44) "allied brother" is the B.A.R. (Browning Automatic Rifle). These are assault rifles. Gonna upload for you a nice .pdf "Encyclopedia of Weapons of World War II". It's useful. If sometimes i don't remember something(rlyrlyrly sometimes) i use that. This post was just about weapons. Tomorrow i will talk about the gameplay and rate it ;) (AND A BIG FAT + FOR THE WWII MOD!)
If it bleeds, we can kill it!             
Duke of a small land locked country called Will.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 08:20:41 pm »
Yes will duke :P. I know the ww2 weapons very well myself. I didnt want to simular weapons on each side, thats why I choose stg44 - thompson.

But the stg44 do have a semi-auto mode and full auto. Look at this =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOFSdtUUQj0

The M1 Garand isnt meant to feel like a bolt action, i just put in a little delay so it wouldnt get spammy, its still semiauto.

I love WWII and have played games like call of duty, Red Orchestra (ut 2004 mod) and Red Orchestra Ostfront.

cheers

Will Duke

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 08:24:54 pm »
I know, you know these wepz well yourself. That's why you was able to make a mod like this. Good to hear. An other side of you. Maybe the best :D (CoD rulz)

The book is right here, worth to dl: http://rapidshare.com/files/95175258/Encyclopedia_of_Weapons_of_World_War_II.rar
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 09:58:21 pm by Will Duke »

miri

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 06:06:05 pm »
What about Panzerschreck (?) for Axis and M1 Bazooka for Allies? They're both very strong and have 2-3 cannons, unreloadable.
[Cop] miri

SorZ

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 07:18:53 pm »
Pretty nice but in my opinion the ninjarope are too short, otherwise.. good job :)

Will Duke

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 07:29:57 pm »
Tested today on fossil. IT'S FUN :D GJ. However i would change the garand sniper to Springfield, 5 rounds for all sniper rifle, and a long reload time. Ninjarope is needed to be just a lil more longer. (x1,5) Yenki frag grenade needed to be nerfed a lil coz it's harm a ton or find out something for steinhandgrenade. it's not enough powerful. Maybe the fuse times are too longs. Let's consider the grenades are "cooked" and put about 3 sec fuse time. Weapon sounds are rly good. If you need a tester/WWII expert (like you) for the final version pm me, msn me. 9/10 RLY GOOD JOB

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 11:31:58 pm »
Thx for the comments will duke =).

Ive allready started to work on the next beta version. What I have changed so far is:

1. A little shorter ROF (rate of fire) for the garand.

2. I have tweaked the Mk2 grenade, I have made so it has a 3 sec fuse, and nerfed the damage.

3. I have made a 2 second fuse on the Stielhandgranate. And some other tweaks to it.

4. I have nerfed the damage of the Stg 44 and the thompson, because they where way to effective.

5. I have increased both pistols damage by a tiny bit.

What I will change:

1. Different trail image for the Garand.

2. Different sound for the grenades.

I just want to comment on the sniper rifles.. This is a fast mod, you die quite faster in this. Thats why I dont want reload for the snipers. And thats why I also want less bullets for it. Generally you dont even have the time to shoot all kar bullets before your dead :P.
But I can test some different things private, I wont to that public yet. =)

Ill talk to you on msn :)

Perkele

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 02:40:40 pm »
uuuuliuliuliuliuli! Meg|ayyberpwnassmod  ;)

*edit* By request: Kjack I luuuv you!

Yeah and I really liked that mod, tho that rope was annoying and grenades fusetime were a bit too long  :D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 02:43:25 pm by Perkele »
It is simple, |LaG| just f*cking rox! =D

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 02:44:22 pm »
Beta 1.1 is released now!

Changes:

Shorter ROF on the Garand and different trail.

Mk2 Grenade has now a 3 seconds fuse and less damage. Also new sound.

Stielhandgranate has a 2 second fuse and different graphics.

Increased damage on both pistols.

Decreased damge on both automatic weapons.

The Colt has it's real sound now.

Snap

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2008, 06:32:42 pm »
i must say this is a reeally fun mod but the rope takes time to get use to i htink it should be longer

Will Duke

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2008, 08:08:46 am »
The rope is ok. Just hard to master it. Practice, practice, practice.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up