Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.165
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Discussion about LX Mods.  (Read 13788 times)

Hermod

Re: Discussion about LX Mods.
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2008, 01:38:42 pm »
@Benno: you are really following me eh? after every single reply i make you are coming and trying to make my situation pathetic.
You made som points before, but know you just try to look smart.
Yes, Handgun is very necressary in some cases. If we will be going deeper, no weapon is necressary as long as you can use other weps better.

@Asrack: look around, whole the lx has become some anti-defensive gameplaying club. Look at S for example.
I can be against defensive playing too sometimes, but that is only when people are overdoing something to get a simple victory. But the thing is, that everyone plays a little bit crappy to win sometimes, it just less or more.

@Gaston: I didn't understand so much, is Hirduo a skribent? (on) (swedish)
(a guy who makes rates about games, books, and stuff.) 

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2008, 02:20:53 pm »
I have been banning handgun, chaingun and supershotgun off my server lately. Fun games by the way.

Hatten

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2008, 02:46:04 pm »
I have been banning handgun, chaingun and supershotgun off my server lately. Fun games by the way.
and what have you unbanned? Just curious.
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

Ruki

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2008, 02:51:28 pm »
Shotgun, Grasshopper, Winchester, Flamer, Minirockets, Napalm. Napalm should be replaced by Dart!

Asrack

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2008, 03:01:29 pm »
Makes the games more fun hatten.

If you guys had any clue on what you were talking about, you might actually have a point. Most of my clan wars are played in complete aggressiveness, unless it's towards some stupid clan that wants to be fine personed.  All players should attack each other. And when your partner is out, thats when you are allowed to run. And even in running you can be aggressive. You people think winning is all about finding some room to sit where no one can get in and plow them. Or running and shooting a Super Shotgun. How about you play more games with good players before you open your god damn mouths. It's really annoying.

Another thing, I have walked the walk Drama. I'm allowed to talk the talk.

No wonder a lot of old players are quiting LX... And the sad part is, almost all of the posters in here, are the worst campers and runners in LX. No names though, no names.

Hermod

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2008, 03:08:18 pm »

If you guys had any clue on what you were talking about, you might actually have a point. Most of my clan wars are played in complete aggressiveness, unless it's towards some stupid clan that wants to be fine personed.  All players should attack each other. And when your partner is out, thats when you are allowed to run. And even in running you can be aggressive. You people think winning is all about finding some room to sit where no one can get in and plow them. Or running and shooting a Super Shotgun. How about you play more games with good players before you open your god damn mouths. It's really annoying.

Another thing, I have walked the walk Drama. I'm allowed to talk the talk.

No wonder a lot of old players are quiting LX... And the sad part is, almost all of the posters in here, are the worst campers and runners in LX. No names though, no names.
when your partner is out you are allowed to run, yeah, and who says that. If you hate all players who doesn't play exactly as you want them to play, you are the one who should play this game more. I have played this game for four years, and i have faced EVERYONE, so don't tell me i am annoying when you can't remember me after many games.

Yes i have no clue what i am talking about, but i still make a point?
No, i have a clue what i am talking about and if you don't find any point there, you are the one who don't know what you are talking about.

"No wonder old players are quitting lx"
You only care about the old players eh?
Like 1-2 new but multimod players quitts this game every week, and that is because your lack of respect.
There are the new players we need, to be self going.

And i hope i didn't put too much offense. Sorry if i did.

PS: Ruki i edited that, i think it was understandable from the beginning. /\/\
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:56:14 pm by Hermod »

Asrack

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2008, 03:10:15 pm »
If the shoe fits Hermod. If the shoe fits.

Ruki

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2008, 03:12:35 pm »
when your out you are allowed to run, yeah, and who says that. If you hate all players who doesn't play exactly as you want them to play, you are the one who should play this game more. I have played this game for four years, and i have faced EVERYONE, so don't tell me i am annoying when you can't remember me after many games.

Yes i have no clue what i am talking about, but i still make a point?
No, i have a clue what i am talking about and if you don't find any point there, you are the one who don't know what you are talking about.

"No wonder old players are quitting lx"
You only care about the old players eh?
Like 1-2 new but multimod players quitts this game every week, and that is because your lack of respect.
There are the new players we need, to be self going.

And i hope i didn't put too much offense. Sorry if i did.
That is absolutely true. When you are out of the game you can do anything you want. I think anything beside spamming the chatbox won't bother your opponents who are still in the game. The only running you can do when you are out is running around your room.

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2008, 03:41:34 pm »
The OpenlieroX project will eventually turn into Hirudo.

I've never understood why it's acceptable to run once your alone. There are those those "My situation was hopeless, but I'm so leet so I managed to turn the table"-Clanwar comments. Running while the other team has more players is no different than running from one opposing player, unless your and idiot and get sandwiched. So your still only able to spam if your opponent refuses to face you.

The basic rules of a online game are generally determined by the developer, in this case JasonB (people are still refusing to update their clients). He either chose or wasn't aware that his game encourages spamming and running, so what can one do? The guidelines set by the community won't work in the long run, as already proven.

This is a public forum! Am I or am I not allowed to post my opinions? even if they opposes your opinions, Hermond?
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Hatten

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2008, 04:00:25 pm »
did you read my post? I asked which weapons he had unbanned in place of the "unfair" ones.

Hermod

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2008, 06:00:38 pm »
The OpenlieroX project will eventually turn into Hirudo.

I've never understood why it's acceptable to run once your alone. There are those those "My situation was hopeless, but I'm so leet so I managed to turn the table"-Clanwar comments. Running while the other team has more players is no different than running from one opposing player, unless your and idiot and get sandwiched. So your still only able to spam if your opponent refuses to face you.

The basic rules of a online game are generally determined by the developer, in this case JasonB (people are still refusing to update their clients). He either chose or wasn't aware that his game encourages spamming and running, so what can one do? The guidelines set by the community won't work in the long run, as already proven.

This is a public forum! Am I or am I not allowed to post my opinions? even if they opposes your opinions, Hermond?

1: what is Hirudo? i still don't understand.
2: yes you can post your opinions, and i would appriciate that, but when you post your opinions rezised to make my opinions pathetic, it's over the limit, especially when you do that after every single post of mine.
3: why is everyone calling me Hermond, who the hell is that :P

Lodur

« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2008, 06:43:05 pm »
K im just gonna put my nose in this..k?

Is running acceptable?
That question has gone through these forums many time.
the answer is simple.. the magical two letters that are a very good answer in many questions..
NO!

I admit that sometimes when there was a too t0ff situation to handle my playing goes deffensive playing ( = You cant catch me because im a gingerbread man!! ). Its rare nowadays tough.
But running is not an option anymore.  There have been and will always be some random guy who will do whatever it takes to win.. In clanwars, was it 2v1 or 3v1 i cant see running as a big break through to become a hero and win the clanwar but instead just make a clown of yourself and then handle the flamewar afterwards here on LXA. Lets count the negative and the positive sides of running:

- It makes the overall image of you look worse
- Eventually no one wants to play with you anymore
- You will most likely considered as an asshole who wants to win the round what ever it takes! (sounds like shank?)
- It makes you looks not just stupid but pathetic
- You will also feel that it wasnt worth it.

+ You maybe win the cw..

But maybe its just RuNYouFool whose name encourages new players to run.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Hatten

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2008, 07:10:35 pm »
yes! RuN gotta change nickname to AttacKyoufool.

Wander

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 12:30:29 am »
I've read the whole thread, but i only want to react on some statement by someone somewhere on the first page.

He/she implied that 'we' at LXA hate mortars. Well i consider myself a part of 'us' at LXA, and i certainly do not hate mortars. I rarely play them anymore, but i still think it's great fun to.
Also, Liero v1.0 is claimed to be the only mod with legacy's behind it. What you consider a 'legacy' is a very personal thing, and it depends largely on your own experiences. For me, and as i'm convinced, many people with me, there are certainly legendary stories about mortars and the people who (used to) play them.

For the rest of the thread, i pretty much agree with MiLeC.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up