Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Quaqas "art" stuff  (Read 13875 times)

Quaqa

Re: Quaqas "art" stuff
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2009, 09:56:24 pm »
two more drawings done ^^

this first one is a painting for a clublike thing on ma school, and I think it turned out pretty well 8)

and I started on this one as a project to lern how to draw eyes. but when I was done with the eye part I made it a bit more fancy and weird looking  ;)

I like constructive criticism  :)

and nighty, I tryed but my manga skills sucks nowdays :/ so no ichigo or nico robin for you  :-[
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:22:59 pm by Quaqa »

Sebbe

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2009, 10:24:21 pm »
That's awesome!! :O :D

I don't know how to improve though.

Raziel

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2009, 11:23:24 pm »
Your pictures lack the depth. You put a lot of effort on the shadows, however, they look like everything is flat, a bit like an embossment (in PhotoShop there is a very simple effect, often abused by rookies - bevel and emboss. Your pictures look a lot as if you used that technique). Perhaps you actually did intend it, but I doubt so. The pictures don't look as good as they would, if you could create the feeling of the space & distance between certain elements.

Besides that, drawing something abstract gets a little bit out of fashion, especially when there is nothing else in the image. I would advise you to merge your creation with something that would make an average viewer like it. It can be absurdal still, but make it absurd with some reasoning at least.

Quaqa

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 12:15:15 am »
Your pictures lack the depth. You put a lot of effort on the shadows, however, they look like everything is flat, a bit like an embossment (in PhotoShop there is a very simple effect, often abused by rookies - bevel and emboss. Your pictures look a lot as if you used that technique). Perhaps you actually did intend it, but I doubt so. The pictures don't look as good as they would, if you could create the feeling of the space & distance between certain elements.

Besides that, drawing something abstract gets a little bit out of fashion, especially when there is nothing else in the image. I would advise you to merge your creation with something that would make an average viewer like it. It can be absurdal still, but make it absurd with some reasoning at least.

oh awesome! this is exactly what I wanna hear! :D because if everyone just says "gj nice pic!" I cant inprove ^^.

so Im now drawing something that I think will have a bit more depth in it. From what it look right now it will be more of a surreal drawing, but with a touch of abstract, I think I like it ^^.

miri

« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 12:06:56 pm »
Take a look at some of Salvador Dali's works. He has an unique style of mixing surrealism and realism with a touch of abstraction.
[Cop] miri

Sakmongkol

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 04:10:38 pm »
Take a look at some of Salvador Dali's works. He has an unique style of mixing surrealism and realism with a touch of abstraction.

I agree here, Dali is great! His works often have a lot of symbolism too, I don't know how fitting that symbolic stuff would be in Quaqa's art which, I think, leans more to abstraction. But maybe you could learn something about the depth and surrealism from there. Take a look at my favorite painting, The Burning Giraffe. =)

Still I think your drawings look quite good, but the depth is what they're lacking. You could also pay a little more attention to the composition of your pictures.
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Quaqa

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2009, 11:39:04 pm »

I agree here, Dali is great! His works often have a lot of symbolism too, I don't know how fitting that symbolic stuff would be in Quaqa's art which, I think, leans more to abstraction. But maybe you could learn something about the depth and surrealism from there. Take a look at my favorite painting, The Burning Giraffe. =)

Still I think your drawings look quite good, but the depth is what they're lacking. You could also pay a little more attention to the composition of your pictures.

hmm that would be totaly wrong ;). because the only real thing my drawings have is a meaning! everything is them represent something in my life and toghther the build up a something that tells the world about my life as it is right now (that is when I drew it)

and yea I really like his work ^^, but I dont think my style is anything like his. He is(or was...) much more in to the 'take something real and turn it into something ****ed up and creepy looking'
but I really do like him, especially his movie 'Un chien andalou' ^^,

but as I think I have said before, I am more in the abstract then surrealism, (even tho I like to mix them a bit)

Sakmongkol

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2009, 02:50:39 am »
hmm that would be totaly wrong ;). because the only real thing my drawings have is a meaning! everything is them represent something in my life and toghther the build up a something that tells the world about my life as it is right now (that is when I drew it)

Oh, my apologies then. :-[

But, maybe the thing you need to work on is, in fact, how to present the meaning behind the pictures to the viewer. To me, for instance, the pictures look nice and interesting at best, but I can't really grasp their real meaning or what they represent. I understand that they must represent something that is maybe very personal to you, and on a personal level I'm sure your drawings work great. Hmm, I don't know how to express this any better so I'll just quote Raziel:
I would advise you to merge your creation with something that would make an average viewer like it. It can be absurdal still, but make it absurd with some reasoning at least.
Something like that. =)

And a little more about Dali:
'take something real and turn it into something ****ed up and creepy looking'
I think that is exactly why Dali's paintings are so good. By having something 'real' in them you can make people think and connect to them more easily. With only abstract stuff that would be a lot more difficult. But I do understand that you're more into this kind of stuff, so keep it up! I'll be waiting for your next drawings. ;)
"If you understood everything I say, you'd be me!"

~ Miles Davis

Quaqa

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:54 pm »

Oh, my apologies then. :-[

But, maybe the thing you need to work on is, in fact, how to present the meaning behind the pictures to the viewer. To me, for instance, the pictures look nice and interesting at best, but I can't really grasp their real meaning or what they represent. I understand that they must represent something that is maybe very personal to you, and on a personal level I'm sure your drawings work great. Hmm, I don't know how to express this any better so I'll just quote Raziel:
I would advise you to merge your creation with something that would make an average viewer like it. It can be absurdal still, but make it absurd with some reasoning at least.
Something like that. =)

And a little more about Dali:
'take something real and turn it into something ****ed up and creepy looking'
I think that is exactly why Dali's paintings are so good. By having something 'real' in them you can make people think and connect to them more easily. With only abstract stuff that would be a lot more difficult. But I do understand that you're more into this kind of stuff, so keep it up! I'll be waiting for your next drawings. ;)

Yea the meaning is kind of personal, and acually I only drew for myself at first and had it as a fu hobby, but then some freinds say that I should put them up om the interwebs so that people can enjoy them :D.
and so I did, but I think I am at the start of a new era, where I paint for both myself and for others. so maybe my style will change ^^. we will see.

As long as people look at them here and make comments about them I will keep posting all my work :D.
(think it wont take that long befor its done, soon sommer you know  ;))
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up