Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture of the Liero town  (Read 18096 times)

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
Re: Capture of the Liero town
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2008, 02:13:09 pm »
RIP feels no pressure. RIP feels no fun as well.

Reason of boredom? Oh that's simple. That's the routine in this tournament. Clan versus Clan, this way of competing is nothing new, isn't it? Now, since we played against every clan in this tournament, there is nothing new ahead.  It's time for something fresh and surprising. Actually, since some time I wanted 2 vs 2 vs 2 Clan War to happen, and this is a good opportunity for that. Tournament that is a plain competition between clans, without surprises, without fun, without annoying bastard who will mess up rules and will bring some weird events, it's just a competition. And that's boring.

I think I don't have to prove anything about "no fun". If this tournament would be fun, we would play more often. People would keep spamming thread and get all excited. Other clans would get jealous and would cheer for us, picking sides and betting on the best clans. Here, it takes two weeks to arrange one sucky game. Plus, it's pretty much obvious from the start how the game will end up. Bring some life to this tournament Milec, make it exciting, funny and surprising. Force games to happen more often and try to put some plot, storyline perhaps. Plain statistics are boring as well. It's like reading chess game movements.

So, instead going like "WTF HACK?!?! DIE NOOB" just accept some anomalies and let's see what happens. I don't think it can be less funny than this what is now. Besides, there is just one Raziel in this world. There is also just one and the only right way to do things. Doesn't it connect? Obviously it does! Conclusion is, Raz is always right!

This tournament basic code is classical clan vs clan.

I have never liked to pressure clan's to play their games.. I want it to go on it own weight. I will tell turns in the thread and send one reminder.

This tournament rule's will change only if all clan's agrees. I don't agree at all with you for now in this situation. Your basic idea of 2vs2vs2 can prolly be used and might be agreed by all clan's. But the timing is louzy, especially when it was just your turn and now it is LaG turn. And LaG not even having possibility to attack against you now. Its simply wouldn't fit at all to the situation.

For me it's not booring I am waiting Osp turn. And I have no rush to anywhere. I didn't even plan tournament to be played in one month or something. For me it can last year or so and it's just something bit fun add to routine games in LX. And I trust these clan's will not collapse even during long tourny.

I am sorry if you awaited peoples to come comment around and talk about other clan's games. But back to reality. Nobody barely cares other clan games or tournaments where they are not participating. Atleast I don't care much. Unless its some rankign competition or I am somehow related. All competitions are booring for outsiders, It's just a fact..

And why it is so important if peoples will comment other clan games? I think the start discussion before the tournament was the most important thing. And principals of the tournaments, and the thing that atleast we will try..

Why this would be gone if others won't comment anymore during the competition?

I think it was pretty easy to predict how this tournament will work. All set's and levels will be played over and over again under the settings of Liero 1.0 100lt limited. And Clan vs. Clan. I personally thought 5 army's could be proper size for army's so tourny is small enough, but still there is more than one chance.

I like to play with clan's participating. So it won't be booring for me. This tourny idea wasn't to make really anything new or especially support anything fresh. Rather kneel to old times, honorable playing and to Liero 1.0 100lt limited &combo for respectable clan's.

Just to have nice small "long" lasting competition, where clan's plays fair and square.

But ofcourse in reasonable situation like when all clan's would have one army left. It could be amazing to arrange this kind of final. who know's It can possibly happend..

But if you really are that boored, I am kind of suprised.. I thought this tourny would be just the kind of tourny wich also RIP would like. And it's good to think before joining the competition what kind of experience will it be with it's rule's.

Well I still apreciate all suggestion's etc. But your way to bring it up was bit rude and not so honourable..

I have been always open to suggestion's with my competition's. Like in fightbox to keep up the intrest. But that was very diffrent kind of competition. This is rather the opposite. So I think simple rules and respectable discussion between clan's are enough to solve possible coming problem's.

And expression under the pressure was to describe situation that OwZ have chance to capture RIP headquater. Not that you would or should be feeling pressured.. don't be so sensitive ;)

Edit..

So are you also boored in general to play team games with these clan's. Or it is jsut the thing that it is competition wich bothers you?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:22:22 pm by MiLeC »

Adam

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2008, 03:20:27 pm »
I think Milec that you didnt quite understand Raz. Firstly, he didnt suggest anything in a rude way, he did it in a humoristic way. Notice, he wouldnt make the effort if he didnt find the whole tournament idea appealing. And if the tourney is good, it feels bad if it moves so slowly... So he came with an interesting idea, which is also packed with action (3 clans involved in one fight), and knowing that you are a supporter of rule changes, proposed it thinking you and others will not object. I for one found the idea very amusing (even though I wont take part in it), because it made it possible to introduce something new and exciting. And remember - we dont play FTW in the typical way - this proposed game may have 3 endings, and only one of them would be of benefit to RIP.

At least that is how i interpret this, I have not talked with Raz about it.

My opinion - just go with it, if the other clans think its a fun initiative, let them battle it out in a 2 vs 2 vs 2 game :)
Quote from: Asrack
I missed inturpreted that wrong than.
Gezz.

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2008, 03:54:51 pm »
Adam I think you didnt quite understand me...

I talk you more later...

Alma

« Reply #103 on: February 12, 2008, 11:19:01 pm »
We quit! This tournament is boring...

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #104 on: February 12, 2008, 11:22:06 pm »
We quit! This tournament is boring...

Win.

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2008, 05:08:51 am »
LaG Turn to move. They can either attack to square 1 or 3. Agaisnt OwZ or Osp.

Joonazz

« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2008, 11:53:05 am »
We will make our move this evening after I have discussed with my partners.

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2008, 02:59:20 pm »
[RIP] is being kicked out from the competition. Just in case amy post was only a joke.

As it turned out that they themselves atleast some player's in their clan had not get the idea of this tournament and honourbale behaviour in competition.

Tournament keeps going without Yellow Circle.

Well it is almost proven, that honourable gaming is just brag made by some players. But I my self find the true honourable playing and behaviour very cool thing. So I will do my best to keep supporting it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 03:03:35 pm by MiLeC »

Flaw

« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2008, 03:05:34 pm »
Lol.
Good luck with the rest of the tournament.
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2008, 03:06:56 pm »
Lol.

I guess its needed a lot because the idea is spoiled already. But rather than stopping it completly I will try still to finish it.

Flaw

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2008, 03:09:43 pm »
Lol.

I guess its needed a lot because the idea is spoiled already. But rather than stopping it completly I will try still to finish it.
Keep up the good work. I'm sure this tournament will be able to finish.
(No, I'm not being sarcastic.)
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

Joonazz

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2008, 03:43:54 pm »
Hell yeah we are going to continue with this. I was a bit afraid that MiLeC would cancel the whole thing but I'm glad that he won't because I've already found the games very amusing.

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2008, 04:22:07 pm »
Capture of the Liero town competition Cancelled.

Failed badly reasons behind of this tourny being cool was the idea of it. Not the games taht would be played. Rather the principals behind of it.

But [RIP] Finally ****ed it up totally, with the lead of their big boss and his great friend.

Lodur

« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:11 pm »
Capture of the Liero town competition Cancelled.

Failed badly reasons behind of this tourny being cool was the idea of it. Not the games taht would be played. Rather the principals behind of it.

But [RIP] Finally ****ed it up totally, with the lead of their big boss and his great friend.

You should of picked the clans like you were going to in the start ( most competitive )
Clans that are active in game and have ambition to win the tournament.. Sure there might be some inproper acting and stuff but at least the games would of been played. And im sure that almost every clan and member want to play good games so there wouldnt of been any running or camping. Are you going to re-do this tournament some day?
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Drama

« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2008, 04:52:36 pm »
Well it's easy to say that after things didn't work out with the tournament. Plus the point in this tournament wasn't to find the best clan or the best players, it was about old clans having fun together and atleast I felt like that would work out more likely than if there would have been some other clans and the tournament would have been about competition. Now things just got a bit wrong, it was a nice idea though. I hope a tournament like this will be seen somewhere in the future.
Without change something sleeps inside us,
and seldom awakens.
The sleeper must awaken.

Joonazz

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2008, 06:06:02 pm »
I guess the expectations got pretty high before this tournament. About honourable playing: For me it means a certain feeling ingame and after game..feeling about everyone having fun and nice time while playing. The problem is that these games can hardly be planned. They happen randomly every now and then when the right people are playing and the atmosphere is right. Setting rules for these things is almost impossible. Lierox is a very competitive game and pisses me off more than often but every now and then these great games make it something special. Thanks for inviting us to this tournament. It meant a lot to us still.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2008, 10:23:45 pm »
I guess the expectations got pretty high before this tournament. About honourable playing: For me it means a certain feeling ingame and after game..feeling about everyone having fun and nice time while playing. The problem is that these games can hardly be planned. They happen randomly every now and then when the right people are playing and the atmosphere is right. Setting rules for these things is almost impossible. Lierox is a very competitive game and pisses me off more than often but every now and then these great games make it something special. Thanks for inviting us to this tournament. It meant a lot to us still.

I wholeheartedly agree with that definition. It's about having fun and trying to make games enjoyable for everyone. Skill above lame tactics, and good attitude above whining.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up