Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Punisher for real September 20, 2019, 07:30:42 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: KJack's suggestions.  (Read 11977 times)

Gaston

Re: KJack's suggestions.
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 07:20:11 pm »
1) Teamchat: perhaps; because only beta 3+ servers support it, I am not sure if we should make it so easy... People would get confused if it did not work on certain servers.

I just got one question. When will this backwards compability madness stop? I mean, I know Albert is very hung on the idea of having compability to every imaginable version of lx there is, but what happends is that it really screws up features such as this in the long run. Features which would have been great, if there actually was made a version that wasn't compatible with the mess that JasonB left behind. (no offence meant to Jason, but it wasn't the tidiest code every relased).

Now I realize that OLX is still in beta stages and all. But once you've perfected it as much as you are able to, wouldn't it be better to have a version that didn't have any backwards compability so you wouldn't have to test EVERY feature vs  20 other versions that people are currently using. It's gotten to the point for me, that I don't use newer OLX versions relased any more because all of them seems to have a bunch of flaws connected with older versions that needs to be fixed.

Backwards (or forward, whatever is correct) compability is all well and good. But when it is hindering the development progress of a game, as it is doing in OLX currently (though maybe not in Hirudo, if there is actually a plan to not make it compatible with every other version as well), where it all becomes one huge soup of a mess, really is a road to take that frankly requires very much unecessary work to do if there is ever a plan to relase the game from the original source relased.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

DarkCharlie

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 07:39:14 pm »

X4VI3R

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 10:58:52 pm »
Which is rubbish.

I don't want to type : i /teamchat "bnlablablaba"

I want to press o instead and have the teamchat already up. Teamchat is only useful for instant messaging if it's fast enough to be worth doing.

Yeah, exactly. Could we get an option for a button?
xavier the white_ninja: - MonK
{spz}; <3 splinky_krazi_coacoa_human_chaoz_killatron

I'll let you try my WuTang Style

*SpAzZ* out nikka

Morby

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 11:48:14 pm »
add spectate mode then, so players don't need to wait for it to open

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2007, 01:38:07 pm »
Added nr 21.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21. Make so you allways see what weapon you have, I mean the text over your worm when you  change your weapon.
I know you see it in the down right corner, but its too small and you have to concentrate on what ur doing, so its better to have it over your worm.
(on and off)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The MooSeR

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2007, 01:41:59 pm »
You do have text above your head when you change weapon...
Or was you saying "ALWAYS have text above your head so you know what weapon you've equipped?
If so, would that be irritating in-game?  :-\
Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2007, 02:09:21 pm »
I mean allways, and I said it should have an on/off button.

Hatten

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2007, 02:52:44 pm »
could i add one here? =D

22. Make it possible to have the lives in the bottom thingy (the one with map, conversation,wpn & health) instead of in the upper part of the screen? i think its very disturbing to have it there and i prefer a little more sight than to see my lives (making me unaware of when i got low amount of lives)
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

Griffin

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2007, 08:42:27 pm »
could i add one here? =D

22. Make it possible to have the lives in the bottom thingy (the one with map, conversation,wpn & health) instead of in the upper part of the screen? i think its very disturbing to have it there and i prefer a little more sight than to see my lives (making me unaware of when i got low amount of lives)

You can do that yourself with a little frontend editing I think..

Hatten

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2007, 10:33:34 pm »
oh yay, i love editing files (not) and i always get it right (not), if someone bothers to do a frontend with the lives moved and such I'll probably use it.

Maybe if you when you hide the top bar, lives (fps/ping etc etc) would become visible in the bottom bar?

DarkCharlie

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 11:50:12 pm »
oh yay, i love editing files (not) and i always get it right (not), if someone bothers to do a frontend with the lives moved and such I'll probably use it.

Maybe if you when you hide the top bar, lives (fps/ping etc etc) would become visible in the bottom bar?

If you find space for it...

albert

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2007, 01:10:42 pm »
Please add feature requests in the feature request tracker at SF: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=180059&atid=891651

That is much easier to get an overview, to avoid double request, to mark done requests as done, to set the priority and to discuss the requests seperatly.

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:11 am »
*1st post updated

It has comed to my attention that some of my request has actually been heard to maybe?  ;D
Spawntime is added and an unstable version of map downloading. Its good to see that the developers listen to the community.

Anyways, I have little bug report.
If you set lives to infinite then player wich doesnt have B4 can quite often spawn and the camera is in spectate mode. So  that is very annoying. Ive tested this, and is the life setting that causes this.

If you play Team Deathmatch with Max Kills, then the kills doesnt count as a team!! This is something that really should changed in my opinion. So atm the game ends when a player reaches the max kills...

I have got some crashes when i host and try to bring bots in as well.

BTW, I really must say that the autokick in the weapon selection is realy good! This way when i do a dedicated server it will be no problem :D. And the spawn options is really neat as well, to be able to set the spawn time and such makes game modes such as DM and TDM better to play!

Good work devs

NightShade

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 11:56:40 am »
I admire you for your creativity and time KJack =)
Nice job =)

Don't you people dare to criticize him!!!  >_<

Magni

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 03:34:16 pm »

Creativity, right, those things exist in most successful competitive shooters/rts:s.

Btw, TDM and DM ut style phails if you spawn with fully reloaded weapons. So a option to give you empty weapons when you spawn would be cool. It would probably not be backwards compatible (correct me if I'm wrong).

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 06:30:21 pm »

Creativity, right, those things exist in most successful competitive shooters/rts:s.

Btw, TDM and DM ut style phails if you spawn with fully reloaded weapons. So a option to give you empty weapons when you spawn would be cool. It would probably not be backwards compatible (correct me if I'm wrong).

Yes I'm aware of that Magni, that is why I use B4's newest option, spawn time. If I set the spawn time to 10-30 seconds, then TDM and DM will be much more fun. Cause if you have spawn time, then  you dont do those suicides just to get some kills and spawn with full health.

Griffin

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 06:53:53 pm »

Can be done. For anyone thinking of actually doing it, you would need to modify the spawn code of worms probably in the server::spawn() (worm::spawn() if not) function, to set the charge to 0 and do a stat update on the worm. The stat update is probably done automatically on the newer OLXs but in the interest of saving the user from seeing they have 100 charge for a moment it would be good to send the packet straight away.

And yes I did just think that up off the top of my head. :D
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:57:46 pm by Griffin »

'KJack.mp3

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2008, 05:59:40 pm »
Another bug i found out.

I was hosting, then i started game.

Then i typed suicide 100

Then i couldnt type or shoot, I could ninja rope and move. I could see all players and their movements but i didnt see shooting. But it seems they did die cuz sometimes they teleported to new location. And I think I couldnt die either.

miri

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2008, 06:18:45 pm »
Another bug i found out.

I was hosting, then i started game.

Then i typed suicide 100

Then i couldnt type or shoot, I could ninja rope and move. I could see all players and their movements but i didnt see shooting. But it seems they did die cuz sometimes they teleported to new location. And I think I couldnt die either.

Maybe you got stuck between 2 dimensions? xD

[Cop] miri

Hatten

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2008, 08:42:06 pm »
http://lxalliance.net/forum/index.php?topic=7338.0

Link to where you should report bugs, and another link to the feature request.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

anything