Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Qaz, Today at 03:09:48 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Backup server NL
Liero v1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Medical Drugs  (Read 4379 times)

Cloud

Medical Drugs
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:03:14 am »

In my Communications class, we were asked to pick one of two articles and write a blog about it.
I chose the topic "Should your daughter get the HPV vaccine?" When I first read the article, I agreed and I thought that if there was a way to reduce the chances of getting some form of cancer or STD, it should be done, even if some people/organizations think giving this vaccine will promote girls to be sexually active when they are young. However, considering this is school, and this paper I have to write is actually worth some marks, I decided to do some research on this topic. So after my research, I soon find out that 3 deaths have been linked to this vaccine. Now keep in my mind, that it doesn't necessarily mean those three people died directly cause of that vaccine, maybe they had a mixture of that vaccine with some other medicine, or maybe they were gonna die regardless, you get the point. Also, there has been many cases where the vaccine caused Gullian-Barre Syndrome, which left the girls in hospital for a few weeks. There is also many other side-effects which I don't feel like naming.

That was my story, now for my point. This vaccine has been approved by the FDA, just like any other vaccine, drug, food, etc. And for anyone who doesn't know, The FDA is the big government who approves everything relating to drugs and food. However, they are here just to make money just like the picture at the top is illustrating. They approve medicine like Advil, so when you buy it, your condition temporarily goes away, but it comes back, so you will have to spend your money again. And this is just not Advil, this is all medicine that is in your pharmacy, including drugs for high-blood pressure, etc. Now, this is a fact, why do you think you keep buying the same drug all over again? There is actual natural cures which can cure most diseases, however the FDA does not approve it because if you are cured, they won't be getting any more money.

Anyways, that is my theory on how the FDA is trying to rip us off. What do you guys think? Do you guys think that the food and drugs in today's world is "safe" and we should just blind fully follow what our government says OR do you agree with me? partially?

ps : Dont blind fully trust what I said, you don't know where I got my facts from.

Oxygen

Re: Medical Drugs
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 10:57:03 am »
Here in NZ we had a big Menagicocol (sp?) B vaccination thing in schools a few years back.. Im abit of a sadist/emo so I went along just for the injection, (jj) but after wards I found out that a European government was just testing this medicine on us. And that made me abit freaked out and all that they were TESTING this drug on us. So me and my freinds did abit of research and found what you said aswell that a few people had died and got some dieseases or got brain damage. And this really freaked me out. But nothing bad has happened to me so far, so I think im fine. But the whole "testing" part really freaked me out.

Magni

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 01:29:24 pm »
Uhm, FDA is funded the government--> they aren't comersial, so they don't even need to fool money from people. It's the company that manufactures the medicine that makes the money. There are no "wonderpills", most medicines do have side-effects.

@Kiwi: I find that very hard to believe. Don't you have some kind of approvement agency? And why would a random government be interested in "testing" a vaccine on NZ schoolkids?

Wasabi_Warrior

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 01:33:36 pm »
@kiwininja:  had the same thing in sth aussie-land.

Someone (human preferably) has to have them tested on. Why not do it to gullible, lazy, non-powerful countries? (Kiwi, this is not a pay-out, as i said, i had the same thing)
The chances of 1 bomb being an a plane are a one in a million.
The chances of 2 bombs being an a plane are one in a million times a million.
Next time you fly, cut the odds and bring a bomb.

Krayonaise

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 11:39:15 pm »
you know wasabi, animal testing usually comes first...
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Odin

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 12:19:00 am »
A drug is indeed tested on animals as rats and mice. But even before that, the drug is tested in vitro. The metabolism of every person is different and this may cause a different reaction on the drug. But you'll never get vaccinated with a new medicine, when it's not for 99% sure that it won't cause problems. Believe me, I'm in the business ;).

As for Clouds subject:
On the question: Should your daughter be vaccinated? I can only say that prevention is still better than having to treat the disease. In this case, there are easier ways for prevention.
Some people remain handicapped for the rest of their lives, because they react badly to a vaccination, like the pox-vaccine.
But if the chance that you save people is bigger (like 90%) than that you harm them, then I don't see why you shouldn't at least try the vaccination.

The governement gets his advice from virologous (don't know how it's written). As far as I've heard, they only lose money with getting their population vaccinated, because people get their vaccination payed back.

They approve medicine like Advil, so when you buy it, your condition temporarily goes away, but it comes back, so you will have to spend your money again. And this is just not Advil, this is all medicine that is in your pharmacy, including drugs for high-blood pressure, etc. Now, this is a fact, why do you think you keep buying the same drug all over again? There is actual natural cures which can cure most diseases, however the FDA does not approve it because if you are cured, they won't be getting any more money.

There are actually medicines that can only control your disease, not really curing you. When you stop taking the prescribed medication, your physical/mental status will get worse. (e.g. schizophrenia)
Most of the time there is not a real prove that the natural cure really works. It's like, in 5% of the cases, this works, but in 95% of the cases, it doesn't. Yeah, it might work once if you try it, but it is not proven that it works for everyone.

(There is a lot I'd like to say about this subject, but although reading English isn't that hard, writing it is damn hard.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up