Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 14052 times)

Raziel

Re: What's going on?
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 09:42:06 pm »
I can share with ya folks my banlist file. It's the only one in the whole universe list of all the morons in LX. incomplete one though, new ones still coming ;D

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 09:43:37 pm »
I can share with ya folks my banlist file. It's the only one in the whole universe list of all the morons in LX. incomplete one though, new ones still coming ;D

That's why I so love your server :-*

Turma

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 10:04:23 pm »
NAIS! =D=D
Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 10:10:27 pm »
Hahahaha, mfmr, you are really trying to shut me down, without saying anything? Just using the strong words.

Let me explain why did I posted.

K, I have been bored, veeeeeeeeeeeery bored, especially to you mfmr. Because you are and your friend Grassninja is all the time saying "Lalala, I play this game for fun", well, what happenens 80% after games you've losed. "they camped". It is the lamest thing I've ever heard, and I have heard it from 2006 begin! I have got ****ing alot crap from you, especially in aC times, about Ypsilon and Legend. They are actually good players, you just get pissed off, when you lose, like Run, and other RIPpers. Now, I have watched 2 years this ****ing crap opera, now I had to extract this.

Hehe, indeed, no offence mfmr.

I get pissed off when i loose, so I'm a moron. That must mean that my whole clan consists of a bunch of morons. makes perfect sense.  Most RIPpers play just for fun, and I've joined the bunch. Thanks for your sensitive opinion though.

Today, we play more offensive then Beast will in 2 clanwars from now. We have preached an offensive playing style, hoping that others would follow, for the sake of having more enjoyable games. that's all there is to it.

Some time ago we played a clanwar against OwZ and since they knew that we were going to play offensive, even when they'd play defense, they slowly got the hang of it, and we had an offensive, enjoyable clanwar. I think Kurt has never played as offensive as he did in that game :-). For me, that will be the way to motivate others to play more offensive. And I'm sure that almost everyone enjoys such games much more then your typical lx clanwar today.

Sorry to break your bubble, but I enjoy tight ss battles (for example with FoH) more than that. The match was nice, but I found it kind of pointless that it was all about running into eachother and spamming all your weps from close range.
Truth is, that almost everyone plays to win. Even mfmr, grassninja, even adam and runyoufool. Some just don't succeed and they throw their anger into posts in LXA (notice how this is ALWAYS after the match and ALWAYS only when losing)
It seems that 90% of the current community can't take a loss. In the old times it was popular to call the person who beat you a ''lagger'', I remember even half of [wc] calling people laggers :P Even I did it, but I was a noob back then so w/e. Nowadays it's cool to call your slayer a ''camper/runner/spammer''. Whatever the word is, the mentality will stay the same.
Has it ever occured to any of you, that everyone has his own way of having fun in LX? Not everyone enjoys spam battles like RIP, some like good tight challenges.

Respect to all players/clans that keep the competition in LX up and right here for you whiners.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 10:14:16 pm »
Quote from: Kurt
..(notice how this is ALWAYS after the match and ALWAYS only when losing)

Quote from: GrassNinja
And of course I only whined after a loss, because I can quite take the lame playing if I was still able to kick your ass anyway (but still, it wasn't really funny).

RuNyoufool

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2007, 10:25:12 pm »
Hahahaha, mfmr, you are really trying to shut me down, without saying anything? Just using the strong words.

Let me explain why did I posted.

K, I have been bored, veeeeeeeeeeeery bored, especially to you mfmr. Because you are and your friend Grassninja is all the time saying "Lalala, I play this game for fun", well, what happenens 80% after games you've losed. "they camped". It is the lamest thing I've ever heard, and I have heard it from 2006 begin! I have got ****ing alot crap from you, especially in aC times, about Ypsilon and Legend. They are actually good players, you just get pissed off, when you lose, like Run, and other RIPpers. Now, I have watched 2 years this ****ing crap opera, now I had to extract this.

Hehe, indeed, no offence mfmr.

I get pissed off when i loose, so I'm a moron. That must mean that my whole clan consists of a bunch of morons. makes perfect sense.  Most RIPpers play just for fun, and I've joined the bunch. Thanks for your sensitive opinion though.

Today, we play more offensive then Beast will in 2 clanwars from now. We have preached an offensive playing style, hoping that others would follow, for the sake of having more enjoyable games. that's all there is to it.

Some time ago we played a clanwar against OwZ and since they knew that we were going to play offensive, even when they'd play defense, they slowly got the hang of it, and we had an offensive, enjoyable clanwar. I think Kurt has never played as offensive as he did in that game :-). For me, that will be the way to motivate others to play more offensive. And I'm sure that almost everyone enjoys such games much more then your typical lx clanwar today.

Sorry to break your bubble, but I enjoy tight ss battles (for example with FoH) more than that.

don't be sorry, there's no bubble to break. you changed your playing style while playing with us, and that's all that counts. whether it was out of respect, or just because you noticed that there was no need to defend continuously doesn't matter. And off course we don't always attack bluntly. Even we know that you need to dose attacks when playing a clanwar, especially towards the end.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2007, 10:42:42 pm »

That's why I so love your server :-*

Totally agreed! +1 karma for Grassy and Razzy

IRC

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 10:47:22 pm »
Raziel go back to auswich or something, that's where all the pedophiles fits.
Cop is my legacy.

Raziel

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007, 10:54:45 pm »
Yes IRC, you are on my banlist too :D

Ruki

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:23 pm »
Ugh, I miss the good old days when only wc and TsL used to have flamewars and even that not on regular basics. Perhaps that is why lamda times were better... you could still do it good in laggy server with 8 players in lamda rifles 20 lt. Nobody whined back then. Yes, you could hear the word lag occasionaly but not in a way "you ****ing lagger you n00b get the **** off the server I lost only cuz you lag straight fag n00b!!!". Lag was there only to let the host know his server is a bit laggy and if there is something he can do to prevent it he should do it (close MSN, Winamp...). I played a lot on ToS, NN, USA (GR), AOD, Alt servers (yes, all American/Canadian) and never the word lag was used. Probably the only whiners about lag were few members of wc. Who has played with them will know what I'm talking about. They whined about everyone lagging (including their own clan members). Perhaps because they didn't play merely Lamda 20 but mostly Liero Factory, Jailbreak and Tetris, anyhow they were winning a lot on their servers and still whining about lag. There was also no running and camping as it is now back then. Always a good fight. There were perhaps few persons who played too defensively (including running and a bit of camping) sometimes but most of the players were attacking all the time. Ofcourse not berkserking or going mad but there was no "BRB I need to reload all of my weaps" thing or "catch me if you can while I'm shooting at you". There was no whinning after a lost cw. Mostly the comments were "nicely done" or "well played" but rarely "you lagged and runned and camped and you cheated and your mom is a whore". After wc and TsL "retired" LX was not the same. Whining, camping and lagging issues were born.

- End of History Part I -
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:01:28 pm by Ruki »

Indignation

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 11:02:46 pm »
There is still a counter to everything. If they run, don't follow. They''ll have no choice to come back to you if they want to finish the game.
i r homosecksual

Ruki

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2007, 11:07:07 pm »
There is still a counter to everything. If they run, don't follow. They''ll have no choice to come back to you if they want to finish the game.
Team game... So you let the runner go. Go after another player, get in fight. In the middle of your fight with another player, when both have 1/3 healt left, your runner comes back with all the weapons reloaded and kills both of you. He is left with half of lives at the end of the game and possibly high kills too.

Duel... this will work. If not, leaving the server sure will (but then the "coward" isue will be brought up).

Asrack

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 11:08:59 pm »
Ruki, you're my hero.

Spectro

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 11:15:53 pm »
Team game... So you let the runner go. Go after another player, get in fight. In the middle of your fight with another player, when both have 1/3 healt left, your runner comes back with all the weapons reloaded and kills both of you. He is left with half of lives at the end of the game and possibly high kills too.

Duel... this will work. If not, leaving the server sure will (but then the "coward" isue will be brought up).

Not to undermine the truth behind that in anyway, but I still remember a cw against OwZ (Kurt and Quiv) where kurt would scamper over into the tunnel in LFR waiting for one of us to follow, but instead we picked off QuiverS quite early on in the game. When kurt came for the rescue it was alway too late, and then WE layed down the run away card to reload and start the process again. Was really a damn good way to counter things with good teamwork.

Indignation

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2007, 11:19:18 pm »
Ah Spec, that was a good game.
i r homosecksual

Amnesiac

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2007, 11:50:34 pm »
I believe everyone knows how I feel about taking this game too seriously by now, but just in case they don't I'll say it now. I believe that I, myself, and Chrispy, and maybe a few other Knights, are the only players who are completely unconcerned with winning. Our clan is so unconcerned with winning, that, according to our rules, a Squire in our clan could randomly recruit a player and start a clan war, lose horribly, and we wouldn't reprimand them for it. Why? This game is about having fun to me, not winning. I enjoy playing the game a lot, but some of my favourite games are games where, because of timing out, I end up the only person on a team with three people on the other. Sure I lose horribly, but I don't care! Not a bit!

I used to play a game that some of you may know called GunZ. It was an okay game, that required a certain amount of skill to play and was fun in general. I quit because, unlike in LieroX, it actually affected your character if you won or lost, and I just wanted to play to have fun. I didn't like being punished for throwing a bunch of grenades into a crowd of players and blowing myself up while only managing to take a few people with me. In GunZ there are two big styles of play that most players use once they start to get good at the game: K-Style and E-Style. K-Style players switch between weapons (usually a shotgun and a katana) really, really quickly, hit buttons really fast, jump off walls, and break the frames of the game. K-Stylers can be so fast that you don't even see them until you're freaking dead. On the other side of the coin are E-Stylers. E-Stylers are a bit peculiar, they might learn a few simple K-Style moves but they don't jump around a lot. E-Stylers do things like: lure you into grenade traps, knock you down and then kill you while you're on the ground, hide and then play kingmaker after a big fight. Immediately they sound cowardly, but really, I played against them a lot and many of them were just as skilled and just good as your average K-Styler, they just played a different way.

And guess what? K-Stylers are always giving E-Stylers shit, and vice-versa. Whenever anyone plays in a different style than you it pisses you off, because, ideally, everyone should play the same style to make it a test of pure skill, right? Wrong! Part of that skill is developing a different style of play than those around you. I've found that there are very few LieroX maps that really allow for any camping that can't easily be dealt with even for a mediocre player like me. Runners too can be dealt with by, god forbid, a little camping on your part! In fact, I don't see what style you expect to play if not "Camp" or "Run" or some mixture of the two. What do you want them to do? Slowly move back and forth in the same space so they're easy for you to shoot?

You people just need to relax. This game is 2d, and although it does require a certain amount of finesse, it doesn't even compare to how many buttons a good K-Styler presses in a minute in GunZ, or the amount of planning that goes into an E-Styler ambush. There's only so much you can do without running or camping; they're parts of the game, get over it!
(K) Huzzah!!

Purplehaze

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 12:12:24 am »
Not to undermine the truth behind that in anyway, but I still remember a cw against OwZ (Kurt and Quiv) where kurt would scamper over into the tunnel in LFR waiting for one of us to follow, but instead we picked off QuiverS quite early on in the game. When kurt came for the rescue it was alway too late, and then WE layed down the run away card to reload and start the process again. Was really a damn good way to counter things with good teamwork.
Nice thinking Josh, I was actually going to post that exact same clan war round scenario. It was Liero 1.11 LFR, and Kurt would go to the middle bottom and shoot larpa and laser. After making quick work of Quivers, Spex and I 2v1'd Kurt fairly easily.  That wasn't too long ago, either.

Basically, this game is all about fun, do whatever the hell you want, play how ever the hell you want. At the end of the day, more important things happen and it's all forgotten. If you don't like how someone plays, then leave. It's just that simple.

Beast

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 02:07:43 am »
Today, we play more offensive then Beast will in 2 clanwars from now.

Umm... Just to make things clear for you and others, who are you to comment on my playing style? I've never played with you. I've maybe once seen your server and that's about it.

And LegendKiller, w/e you said, i wasen't into reading it, you camper/runner/lagger n00b!11

Nothing else to say, Cheers.
I'm here.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 02:23:52 am »
I've never played with you.

You have. after 0.5 game, I had enough. I'm not trying to offend you, I just don't think you'll really change your style.

this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Ahmed

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 03:04:30 am »

Umm... Just to make things clear for you and others, who are you to comment on my playing style? I've never played with you. I've maybe once seen your server and that's about it.

And LegendKiller, w/e you said, i wasen't into reading it, you camper/runner/lagger n00b!11

Nothing else to say, Cheers.

Right calling me a camper/runner/lagger n00b!11  I don't understand what I did except stand up for my clan. If you call me a lagger then just goes to show me that you can't take lag and not being able to take lag in this game shows me how much of a "noob" you are. Loosing isn't so bad I don't understand why you drag it on like we are the masters of camping.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up