Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 14049 times)

Beast

What's going on?
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:58:50 am »
Uhm.. How would i start, well.. okay,

As I had/have the reputation of very defensive player, since i joined {spz} I've tryed to get rid of it so i wouldn't do any bad reputation to the clan. I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more, and what have i noticed? Why should I? Why should i stop defensive style if there are like so many campers around? This game, especially the clan wars are nothing but a competition of who's the better camper/runner.

The last 2 clanwars i've played, versus [Army of Glory] and [hell Brigade] (atm) have just both made me sick. Everybody's out for 100% win, no matter what it takes. This game isn't what it used to be anymore. I feel like i don't want to play this anymore, it just makes me sick, literally.

I'm not gonna announce my quiting with this this topic tho, I love my clan mates and i'll of course stick around, only because of them, but mostly in forums. At the moment i feel like deleting the whole game, but i won't, since I think it would be nice to play with my clan mates once-in-a-while, tho just usual playing has also become pretty boring for me, in this stage.

We'll see what the future brings.
I'm here.

Asrack

Re: What's going on?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:02:13 pm »
Meh, I used to be all about playing whatever way, and yeah game has changed a lot.
Years ago I remember everyone was more of a defensive player. Now everyone hates it, although now I myself play more offensivly. Which is my downfall mostly now that I suck. :P

But yeah, I have noticed big changes with this game over the past little while, the community has taken a turn. Also, don't listen to anyone, play how you wanna play! Expect don't run. Running = Bad. :P

The MooSeR

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »
If this game makes you litterally sick, then i would srsly stop playing it, friends may be on lx, but you ofc have MSN, my suggestion is just to quit if you feel that way towards a game ....
Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?

Beast

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:04 pm »
Meh, I used to be all about playing whatever way, and yeah game has changed a lot.
Years ago I remember everyone was more of a defensive player. Now everyone hates it, although now I myself play more offensivly. Which is my downfall mostly now that I suck. :P

But yeah, I have noticed big changes with this game over the past little while, the community has taken a turn. Also, don't listen to anyone, play how you wanna play! Expect don't run. Running = Bad. :P

I'm just worried about new players, this community will just ruin them. As clan wars change into flamewars (Which is caused mainly by run/camp) and such bullsh!t. Seriously, there should be something done or so.
I'm here.

Absinthe

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:51 pm »
ONE time I ran from you, when I had really low hp, else I ran after you and Mates and still owned, I understand that this is a big problem to most of us but please, personalize your statements. Right now you are badmouthing the whole [AoG] and the whole [hB] clan.

Beast

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:14:35 pm »
ONE time I ran from you, when I had really low hp, else I ran after you and Mates and still owned, I understand that this is a big problem to most of us but please, personalize your statements. Right now you are badmouthing the whole [AoG] and the whole [hB] clan.

Well it's usually the strongest clans that always camp the most and then later say they didn't, since they simply don't understand.

Now i also understand the issue why everybody hated me and Kurt while MiB, we pretty much pwned everyone without a chance, ofcourse we camped. But others whined only because we camped better than them.
I'm here.

Asrack

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:16:56 pm »
I don't even know how to comment on that, I had the problem myself. One of the newer styles that I hate is when someone runs all the time. I will make a deal out of it because it's just so plain ****ing annoyning following someone throughout the whole level. And a lot of the people who converted from mortars actually play this style and don't even know it.

As for the defensive and offesive junk, I don't really mind. I play for fun mostly, if some newer people wanna be douche bags and ruin the game for others /kickid #. But thats my view, as for forums, I don't really pay attention, probably threads about me somewhere on the internet about someone hating me for the way I play. Meh, whatever. :/

Newer players by the way, all play mortars most of the time, When they wanna convert they will go look for good players, you can tell them this kinda stuff and what to look out for. As for older players being douche bags and saying shit, haha, if life has tought me anything, it's an internet game. The kids just wanna be better then you, who cares.

Seriously, when someone brings maturity into things, the first thing a lot of gamers do is start to complain about it, but once you actually sit down and think about it, a lot of people just havent grown up yet. :/

Ruki

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 12:21:50 pm »
I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more, and what have i noticed? Why should I? Why should i stop defensive style if there are like so many campers around?
Because you are better than all the scums around.

There is a reason why RIP plays only with RIP and "close" friends. You should try it.

Beast

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 12:23:44 pm »
I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more, and what have i noticed? Why should I? Why should i stop defensive style if there are like so many campers around?
Because you are better than all the scums around.

There is a reason why RIP plays only with RIP and "close" friends. You should try it.

Ya but it's practicly impossible to play clanwars that way, for example, i couldn't take losing like 20 cws in a row with others having +8 lead.  :D

Yea, I've had enough now, i won't play any clan wars anymore, perhaps only with OwZ, they rule.
I'm here.

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 12:29:07 pm »
Beastie-beastie...

You have always been a player who does 100% for the win in my eyes, I remember that from [nG] vs [HW] clan match, [MiB] vs [FoH] and the first [hB] vs [spz] cw.
You have always played like that imho and now after some lost cws it makes you sick?
I understand that different people have different views on cw's, some want to win and some want to ''have fun'' but your post is simply hypocritic. In the last [hB] vs [spz] cw and in the older one, the MSF rounds were almost identical. Everyone spamming barret and playing defensively. The only difference is that the first time you won and were happy, but this time you lost and all of the sudden we are the bad boys...
Besides, hB vs spz wasn't even THAT bad as you say, compared to MiB vs FoH which took a long time to finish.

There is nothing wrong with playing defensive style, get it in your heads people. Sure, running all around the level is bad but a little skill with hiding behind obstacles and attacking when you are safe and opponent is in the open, is a skill that should be admired, not forbidden. Drama played like this, I play like this, Kalma played like this, hell, everyone in the old days played like that and now due to some [RIP] propaganda people think that attacking bluntly  is the way to go. I don't think so, but sure, everyone has his/her opinion.

I'm sorry if this post was too offensive, it was not meant to be.
To avoid flame wars, I won't post here anymore probably.

Beast

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »
Beastie-beastie...

You have always been a player who does 100% for the win in my eyes, I remember that from [nG] vs [HW] clan match, [MiB] vs [FoH] and the first [hB] vs [spz] cw.
You have always played like that imho and now after some lost cws it makes you sick?
I understand that different people have different views on cw's, some want to win and some want to ''have fun'' but your post is simply hypocritic. In the last [hB] vs [spz] cw and in the older one, the MSF rounds were almost identical. Everyone spamming barret and playing defensively. The only difference is that the first time you won and were happy, but this time you lost and all of the sudden we are the bad boys...
Besides, hB vs spz wasn't even THAT bad as you say, compared to MiB vs FoH which took a long time to finish.

There is nothing wrong with playing defensive style, get it in your heads people. Sure, running all around the level is bad but a little skill with hiding behind obstacles and attacking when you are safe and opponent is in the open, is a skill that should be admired, not forbidden. Drama played like this, I play like this, Kalma played like this, hell, everyone in the old days played like that and now due to some [RIP] propaganda people think that attacking bluntly  is the way to go. I don't think so, but sure, everyone has his/her opinion.

I'm sorry if this post was too offensive, it was not meant to be.
To avoid flame wars, I won't post here anymore probably.

As I had/have the reputation of very defensive player, since i joined {spz} I've tryed to get rid of it so i wouldn't do any bad reputation to the clan. I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more,

The fact that i was a moron before, doesn't mean i'm a moron now. Now i'm playing this game for fun, before i didn't. And no, FoH cw was practicly the same, only difference was that in that match both sides camped, in ours, well.. You know the answer.
I'm here.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 12:47:15 pm »
Gyogyis message:

Well about the flamewar that you said ruined our game, I actually think that you dont know what the word flamewar means. you should realise that whenever we saysomething its like we just tell our opinion and then we dont care anymore, its like off course you wanna defend yourself then you start saying thingsback, and if we are in a mood to continu, then yeh, then it goes on. But you shouldknow that We really dont care about it anyway.
 :P

Z01s message:
So you might not camp anymore but you still use server sided shit to win, which is lamer to me cause I had no idea what was going on, I didnt even know there was a new version.
Well whatever about that, and yes, I camped my ass off that round, but Tafka sure as hell didnt, he was chasing you all around.
But lets find some fitting emo music to go along with your quitting.
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

sharsh

• Super duper lag shield 150.0. dont even try to kill me, ill just eat your bullets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +20/-6
  • 1166 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sharsh
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 12:51:27 pm »
havnt you already done this little act before? the hole im quitting i want people to miss me and bull shit but then come back in a few months

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 01:29:29 pm »
Quote from: Beast

Yeah, so many players camp, so it is ok. That's the thinking that makes so much campers.
There are also much terrorist out there, so is blowing up buildings ok, too?
So much murderers out there, so killing someone is no big deal anymore?
Not really, eh?

It's your thinking that destroys the game, because you don't care about the fun for other players anymore.
You're just saying: "Why should we play fair anymore, there are so many unfair players."

So, what's more important to you: Winning a clan wa, no matter how lame it was, or having an enjoyable clan war, that you might loose, but which was fun for both sides?

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 01:42:31 pm »
Quote from: Beast
i won't play any clan wars anymore, perhaps only with OwZ, they rule.
Egoboost!!

Well, only camping isn't a problem, just spam granades (if available in that mod). The real problem is the holy "hit n' run" tactic aka. spam all weapons --> run and spam untill your fully loaded again.
Nope, the retreating player has the advantage soo you can't shoot him down (i.e. you'll loose more health =failiure), exept maybe in shock and msf.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Beast

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 04:21:20 pm »

Z01s message:
So you might not camp anymore but you still use server sided shit to win, which is lamer to me cause I had no idea what was going on, I didnt even know there was a new version.
Well whatever about that, and yes, I camped my ass off that round, but Tafka sure as hell didnt, he was chasing you all around.
But lets find some fitting emo music to go along with your quitting.

Why did you get so pissed? Because you yourself know you're a lame-ass camper? Noone said that the truth isn't ailing you know. And no, i didn't use SSH to win, i didn't even know it exists before that clan war.

And of course Tafka had to attack and so, since you were hiding yourself in the shadows and spamming weapons. Someone had to do something, you know.

Quote from: sharsh
havnt you already done this little act before? the hole im quitting i want people to miss me and bull shit but then come back in a few months

What are you talking about? Learn how to read before you come out with your "sharp" sayings, geez. Did i say i quit? No!

And Bart.. well, i've already answered to your post before you even made it.
I'm here.

Thor

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 04:41:35 pm »
Everybody's out for 100% win, no matter what it takes.

As Kurt has told to RIP-morons, LX really haves the competition side! And when we talk about "competition" and "clan wars", everybody of course tries to win, and it's fun, especially if anyone doesn't REALLY camp. If someone plays defensive, so what? Defensive players aren't unbeatable to win.

Also I don't believe that Kurt and Samara have camped, it is just typical reaction from spz and mfmr.

Ruki

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 05:26:04 pm »
And Thor is the official judge to draw the line between defensive playing and REALLY camping. Did it ever occur to you that LX is not one sided? Afterall why are there those stupid mods we never play? Why is there a possibility to use 0 lt or 5000 lt? Why is there IT game? Why are there bonuses?... LX has a goal. A goal to win. Like any other game. I never played a game which had a goal to lose. The difference that matters is what will you do in order to win and how will you treat the match in first place. We all have desire to win. Some some have desire to put other qualities before the final result. But ofcourse you wouldn't know anything about when we don't talk about "competition" and "clan wars".

Ahmed

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 05:35:53 pm »
[AoG] camps. Z01 is the most campiest player ever. Really now why do you have to say we camped? as I remember in the first game I was all offensive on you even if my tactics were not the best. Personally I hate it when people bring my clan into public discussion rather then talking to us privately. If you want to call [AoG] campers then go ahead, but at least have the courtesy to say it to us in msn or game rather then whining to the whole community. No I am not trying to flame you I am just stating my opinion in what I think is a mature matter.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Tafka

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 05:40:34 pm »
Camping, let me explain this a bit to you.

Let's say that there is Team A and Team B:

Team A wants to win the game, they play more defensive than Team B, and Team B is always the one moving forward, not backward. Team A doesn't even realise that they camp, they just play their own game, but for Team B that is always hunting does understand that Team A camps a bit. So Team B doesn't like it and it is of course a bit unfair, since Team A has an advantage. Team B gets angry and after loss they are pretty angry, and tell about it to LXA.

They thought they were right to tell about this to LXA, maybe Team C wont CW them next time because of this post, but no, Team C will tell how stupid Team B is that they came to post this here after a loss, and asks Team B to learn to play.

That's how it is!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

anything