Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 12839 times)

Beast

What's going on?
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:58:50 am »
Uhm.. How would i start, well.. okay,

As I had/have the reputation of very defensive player, since i joined {spz} I've tryed to get rid of it so i wouldn't do any bad reputation to the clan. I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more, and what have i noticed? Why should I? Why should i stop defensive style if there are like so many campers around? This game, especially the clan wars are nothing but a competition of who's the better camper/runner.

The last 2 clanwars i've played, versus [Army of Glory] and [hell Brigade] (atm) have just both made me sick. Everybody's out for 100% win, no matter what it takes. This game isn't what it used to be anymore. I feel like i don't want to play this anymore, it just makes me sick, literally.

I'm not gonna announce my quiting with this this topic tho, I love my clan mates and i'll of course stick around, only because of them, but mostly in forums. At the moment i feel like deleting the whole game, but i won't, since I think it would be nice to play with my clan mates once-in-a-while, tho just usual playing has also become pretty boring for me, in this stage.

We'll see what the future brings.
I'm here.

Asrack

Re: What's going on?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 12:02:13 pm »
Meh, I used to be all about playing whatever way, and yeah game has changed a lot.
Years ago I remember everyone was more of a defensive player. Now everyone hates it, although now I myself play more offensivly. Which is my downfall mostly now that I suck. :P

But yeah, I have noticed big changes with this game over the past little while, the community has taken a turn. Also, don't listen to anyone, play how you wanna play! Expect don't run. Running = Bad. :P

The MooSeR

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 12:04:00 pm »
If this game makes you litterally sick, then i would srsly stop playing it, friends may be on lx, but you ofc have MSN, my suggestion is just to quit if you feel that way towards a game ....
Don't you want to know how we keep starting fires?

Beast

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 12:05:04 pm »
Meh, I used to be all about playing whatever way, and yeah game has changed a lot.
Years ago I remember everyone was more of a defensive player. Now everyone hates it, although now I myself play more offensivly. Which is my downfall mostly now that I suck. :P

But yeah, I have noticed big changes with this game over the past little while, the community has taken a turn. Also, don't listen to anyone, play how you wanna play! Expect don't run. Running = Bad. :P

I'm just worried about new players, this community will just ruin them. As clan wars change into flamewars (Which is caused mainly by run/camp) and such bullsh!t. Seriously, there should be something done or so.
I'm here.

Absinthe

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 12:09:51 pm »
ONE time I ran from you, when I had really low hp, else I ran after you and Mates and still owned, I understand that this is a big problem to most of us but please, personalize your statements. Right now you are badmouthing the whole [AoG] and the whole [hB] clan.

Beast

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:14:35 pm »
ONE time I ran from you, when I had really low hp, else I ran after you and Mates and still owned, I understand that this is a big problem to most of us but please, personalize your statements. Right now you are badmouthing the whole [AoG] and the whole [hB] clan.

Well it's usually the strongest clans that always camp the most and then later say they didn't, since they simply don't understand.

Now i also understand the issue why everybody hated me and Kurt while MiB, we pretty much pwned everyone without a chance, ofcourse we camped. But others whined only because we camped better than them.
I'm here.

Asrack

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:16:56 pm »
I don't even know how to comment on that, I had the problem myself. One of the newer styles that I hate is when someone runs all the time. I will make a deal out of it because it's just so plain ****ing annoyning following someone throughout the whole level. And a lot of the people who converted from mortars actually play this style and don't even know it.

As for the defensive and offesive junk, I don't really mind. I play for fun mostly, if some newer people wanna be douche bags and ruin the game for others /kickid #. But thats my view, as for forums, I don't really pay attention, probably threads about me somewhere on the internet about someone hating me for the way I play. Meh, whatever. :/

Newer players by the way, all play mortars most of the time, When they wanna convert they will go look for good players, you can tell them this kinda stuff and what to look out for. As for older players being douche bags and saying shit, haha, if life has tought me anything, it's an internet game. The kids just wanna be better then you, who cares.

Seriously, when someone brings maturity into things, the first thing a lot of gamers do is start to complain about it, but once you actually sit down and think about it, a lot of people just havent grown up yet. :/

Ruki

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 12:21:50 pm »
I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more, and what have i noticed? Why should I? Why should i stop defensive style if there are like so many campers around?
Because you are better than all the scums around.

There is a reason why RIP plays only with RIP and "close" friends. You should try it.

Beast

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 12:23:44 pm »
I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more, and what have i noticed? Why should I? Why should i stop defensive style if there are like so many campers around?
Because you are better than all the scums around.

There is a reason why RIP plays only with RIP and "close" friends. You should try it.

Ya but it's practicly impossible to play clanwars that way, for example, i couldn't take losing like 20 cws in a row with others having +8 lead.  :D

Yea, I've had enough now, i won't play any clan wars anymore, perhaps only with OwZ, they rule.
I'm here.

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 12:29:07 pm »
Beastie-beastie...

You have always been a player who does 100% for the win in my eyes, I remember that from [nG] vs [HW] clan match, [MiB] vs [FoH] and the first [hB] vs [spz] cw.
You have always played like that imho and now after some lost cws it makes you sick?
I understand that different people have different views on cw's, some want to win and some want to ''have fun'' but your post is simply hypocritic. In the last [hB] vs [spz] cw and in the older one, the MSF rounds were almost identical. Everyone spamming barret and playing defensively. The only difference is that the first time you won and were happy, but this time you lost and all of the sudden we are the bad boys...
Besides, hB vs spz wasn't even THAT bad as you say, compared to MiB vs FoH which took a long time to finish.

There is nothing wrong with playing defensive style, get it in your heads people. Sure, running all around the level is bad but a little skill with hiding behind obstacles and attacking when you are safe and opponent is in the open, is a skill that should be admired, not forbidden. Drama played like this, I play like this, Kalma played like this, hell, everyone in the old days played like that and now due to some [RIP] propaganda people think that attacking bluntly  is the way to go. I don't think so, but sure, everyone has his/her opinion.

I'm sorry if this post was too offensive, it was not meant to be.
To avoid flame wars, I won't post here anymore probably.

Beast

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »
Beastie-beastie...

You have always been a player who does 100% for the win in my eyes, I remember that from [nG] vs [HW] clan match, [MiB] vs [FoH] and the first [hB] vs [spz] cw.
You have always played like that imho and now after some lost cws it makes you sick?
I understand that different people have different views on cw's, some want to win and some want to ''have fun'' but your post is simply hypocritic. In the last [hB] vs [spz] cw and in the older one, the MSF rounds were almost identical. Everyone spamming barret and playing defensively. The only difference is that the first time you won and were happy, but this time you lost and all of the sudden we are the bad boys...
Besides, hB vs spz wasn't even THAT bad as you say, compared to MiB vs FoH which took a long time to finish.

There is nothing wrong with playing defensive style, get it in your heads people. Sure, running all around the level is bad but a little skill with hiding behind obstacles and attacking when you are safe and opponent is in the open, is a skill that should be admired, not forbidden. Drama played like this, I play like this, Kalma played like this, hell, everyone in the old days played like that and now due to some [RIP] propaganda people think that attacking bluntly  is the way to go. I don't think so, but sure, everyone has his/her opinion.

I'm sorry if this post was too offensive, it was not meant to be.
To avoid flame wars, I won't post here anymore probably.

As I had/have the reputation of very defensive player, since i joined {spz} I've tryed to get rid of it so i wouldn't do any bad reputation to the clan. I've recently tryed to stop the defensive stuff and attack more,

The fact that i was a moron before, doesn't mean i'm a moron now. Now i'm playing this game for fun, before i didn't. And no, FoH cw was practicly the same, only difference was that in that match both sides camped, in ours, well.. You know the answer.
I'm here.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 12:47:15 pm »
Gyogyis message:

Well about the flamewar that you said ruined our game, I actually think that you dont know what the word flamewar means. you should realise that whenever we saysomething its like we just tell our opinion and then we dont care anymore, its like off course you wanna defend yourself then you start saying thingsback, and if we are in a mood to continu, then yeh, then it goes on. But you shouldknow that We really dont care about it anyway.
 :P

Z01s message:
So you might not camp anymore but you still use server sided shit to win, which is lamer to me cause I had no idea what was going on, I didnt even know there was a new version.
Well whatever about that, and yes, I camped my ass off that round, but Tafka sure as hell didnt, he was chasing you all around.
But lets find some fitting emo music to go along with your quitting.
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

sharsh

• Super duper lag shield 150.0. dont even try to kill me, ill just eat your bullets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +20/-6
  • 1166 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sharsh
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 12:51:27 pm »
havnt you already done this little act before? the hole im quitting i want people to miss me and bull shit but then come back in a few months

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 01:29:29 pm »
Quote from: Beast

Yeah, so many players camp, so it is ok. That's the thinking that makes so much campers.
There are also much terrorist out there, so is blowing up buildings ok, too?
So much murderers out there, so killing someone is no big deal anymore?
Not really, eh?

It's your thinking that destroys the game, because you don't care about the fun for other players anymore.
You're just saying: "Why should we play fair anymore, there are so many unfair players."

So, what's more important to you: Winning a clan wa, no matter how lame it was, or having an enjoyable clan war, that you might loose, but which was fun for both sides?

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 01:42:31 pm »
Quote from: Beast
i won't play any clan wars anymore, perhaps only with OwZ, they rule.
Egoboost!!

Well, only camping isn't a problem, just spam granades (if available in that mod). The real problem is the holy "hit n' run" tactic aka. spam all weapons --> run and spam untill your fully loaded again.
Nope, the retreating player has the advantage soo you can't shoot him down (i.e. you'll loose more health =failiure), exept maybe in shock and msf.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Beast

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 04:21:20 pm »

Z01s message:
So you might not camp anymore but you still use server sided shit to win, which is lamer to me cause I had no idea what was going on, I didnt even know there was a new version.
Well whatever about that, and yes, I camped my ass off that round, but Tafka sure as hell didnt, he was chasing you all around.
But lets find some fitting emo music to go along with your quitting.

Why did you get so pissed? Because you yourself know you're a lame-ass camper? Noone said that the truth isn't ailing you know. And no, i didn't use SSH to win, i didn't even know it exists before that clan war.

And of course Tafka had to attack and so, since you were hiding yourself in the shadows and spamming weapons. Someone had to do something, you know.

Quote from: sharsh
havnt you already done this little act before? the hole im quitting i want people to miss me and bull shit but then come back in a few months

What are you talking about? Learn how to read before you come out with your "sharp" sayings, geez. Did i say i quit? No!

And Bart.. well, i've already answered to your post before you even made it.
I'm here.

Thor

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 04:41:35 pm »
Everybody's out for 100% win, no matter what it takes.

As Kurt has told to RIP-morons, LX really haves the competition side! And when we talk about "competition" and "clan wars", everybody of course tries to win, and it's fun, especially if anyone doesn't REALLY camp. If someone plays defensive, so what? Defensive players aren't unbeatable to win.

Also I don't believe that Kurt and Samara have camped, it is just typical reaction from spz and mfmr.

Ruki

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 05:26:04 pm »
And Thor is the official judge to draw the line between defensive playing and REALLY camping. Did it ever occur to you that LX is not one sided? Afterall why are there those stupid mods we never play? Why is there a possibility to use 0 lt or 5000 lt? Why is there IT game? Why are there bonuses?... LX has a goal. A goal to win. Like any other game. I never played a game which had a goal to lose. The difference that matters is what will you do in order to win and how will you treat the match in first place. We all have desire to win. Some some have desire to put other qualities before the final result. But ofcourse you wouldn't know anything about when we don't talk about "competition" and "clan wars".

Ahmed

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 05:35:53 pm »
[AoG] camps. Z01 is the most campiest player ever. Really now why do you have to say we camped? as I remember in the first game I was all offensive on you even if my tactics were not the best. Personally I hate it when people bring my clan into public discussion rather then talking to us privately. If you want to call [AoG] campers then go ahead, but at least have the courtesy to say it to us in msn or game rather then whining to the whole community. No I am not trying to flame you I am just stating my opinion in what I think is a mature matter.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Tafka

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 05:40:34 pm »
Camping, let me explain this a bit to you.

Let's say that there is Team A and Team B:

Team A wants to win the game, they play more defensive than Team B, and Team B is always the one moving forward, not backward. Team A doesn't even realise that they camp, they just play their own game, but for Team B that is always hunting does understand that Team A camps a bit. So Team B doesn't like it and it is of course a bit unfair, since Team A has an advantage. Team B gets angry and after loss they are pretty angry, and tell about it to LXA.

They thought they were right to tell about this to LXA, maybe Team C wont CW them next time because of this post, but no, Team C will tell how stupid Team B is that they came to post this here after a loss, and asks Team B to learn to play.

That's how it is!

Beast

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 05:41:34 pm »
[AoG] camps. Z01 is the most campiest player ever. Really now why do you have to say we camped? as I remember in the first game I was all offensive on you even if my tactics were not the best. Personally I hate it when people bring my clan into public discussion rather then talking to us privately. If you want to call [AoG] campers then go ahead, but at least have the courtesy to say it to us in msn or game rather then whining to the whole community. No I am not trying to flame you I am just stating my opinion in what I think is a mature matter.

campers
I'm here.

mr.moocky

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 06:09:08 pm »
So much drama!

Chilax, eat a kit-kat bar.

If people are camping to the point it makes you want to quit, just leave the server. It's better then curling up in a corner and having a fit.

Krayonaise

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 06:12:48 pm »
Lol. You do know nothing you try to say or do is going to change the fact that you didn't win your matches that (to you) seemed unfair. You do know that nothing you try to say or do is going to change the fact that people will do anything to win and that people like Thor and Kurt will justify themselves to reap the good yumminess of winning. You do know that nothing you try to say or do will make people change since LieroX is run by RIPs and RIP-hat3rz. So just pick a side. Either love RIP with all your heart and soul or hate us like that popular majority. It's THAT simple. Don't buy into the [RIP] propaganda and don't listen to RIPmorons! Not only will you succeed in life, you will forever be blessed by happiness achieved only through nonstop masturbation (but who has time to do that?)

Anyone have a cup of Bias? I'd like a cup of Bias.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 06:15:01 pm by Krayonaise »
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Raziel

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 06:13:58 pm »

As Kurt has told to RIP-morons, LX really haves the competition side! And when we talk about "competition" and "clan wars", everybody of course tries to win, and it's fun, especially if anyone doesn't REALLY camp. If someone plays defensive, so what? Defensive players aren't unbeatable to win.

Also I don't believe that Kurt and Samara have camped, it is just typical reaction from spz and mfmr.

Luuuuuuul, tell me kiddo, what makes one a moron? That would be interesting to hear from your moronic mouths :)

mfmr

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 07:46:34 pm »

What the hell? Who the heck are you to tell such things. Was you there or what? No? So shut up.

Sorry, but the last part of the sentence makes me angry. Typical reaction from spz and from me? Do you see a single post in this thread before this one? I tried to dont whine about how they camped even though they did, but then you came and  made your opinion from nothing in 2 seconds.
In your post you managed to call RIP clan morons, you did a beautiful asslick and then you pissed me off by a nice attack on spz and on myself. Gratz! You just won the true kiddo moron prize. ;)

No offence Thor, indeed.

Thor

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:54 pm »
Hahahaha, mfmr, you are really trying to shut me down, without saying anything? Just using the strong words.

Let me explain why did I posted.

K, I have been bored, veeeeeeeeeeeery bored, especially to you mfmr. Because you are and your friend Grassninja is all the time saying "Lalala, I play this game for fun", well, what happenens 80% after games you've losed. "they camped". It is the lamest thing I've ever heard, and I have heard it from 2006 begin! I have got ****ing alot crap from you, especially in aC times, about Ypsilon and Legend. They are actually good players, you just get pissed off, when you lose, like Run, and other RIPpers. Now, I have watched 2 years this ****ing crap opera, now I had to extract this.

Hehe, indeed, no offence mfmr.

Legend

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 08:22:09 pm »
During my career, I have used to hate losing. In my opinion, thats the rule of thumb when being a "professional" player. If theres a chance to win, I always give one-hundred percent to the clan. That usually leads to running/spamming etc. If I manage to win with cheap style do I regret it? Never.

redeye

• Love and be loved, thatís what life is about! Inspiration, fascination, happiness!
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +216/-2
  • 5569 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To redeye
  • I will make my huge comeback later :)
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 08:25:21 pm »

could u read back what you just wrote Thor? you obviously dont even know mfmr and Grass! you know you whine much more than they do, and {spz} has nothing to do with that, have you ever heard me or tandemi whining for example? Never, ever, blame a clan for something, a clan is a group, and if one player pisses you off, say it to them straightly. if you can't get such things, dont play lx! of course there are ppl who are bad losers, i know for sure mfmr and grass aren't one of those, just learn to live with that. you can't say u never whined, i've heard a lot whining from you, and i m-o-v-e o-n.
if you're mad or anything, post it in rage thread
 :)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:27:25 pm by redeye »

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 08:39:22 pm »
Not every clans are 100% after the win nor camp much. You should CW thems instead of being angry because X other clan does. You're losing at being angry.

Drama

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 08:53:45 pm »
Some people should just forget their almighty ego, swallow their pride and accept the losses. Everybody should be smart enough to realize that if you decide to play this game, you will sometimes lose. There's no way to avoid it and you just make fools out of yourselfs when you get mad after a loss. Also, I dont think it would hurt anybody if the people around here would think about these things from different perspectives instead of just arguing with each other about some silly things without any flexibility. It's a cold fact that you won't get far in your live by being selfish and one dimensional.

Also, some people around here could learn to respect the critique given by other members. Do you really think it helps you if somebody says: "you camp" and you answer: "FU". Instead of that you could ask why do you think so and maybe try to have a constructive conversation about it. It's easy to say FU in the internet but could you maybe act like you do in the real life. This is why I hate internet, some people think they can say anything in the internet without dealing with the consequences.

All this "you camp, i dont" discussion is ridiculous and pathetic. Get over it and stop the useless crying.
Without change something sleeps inside us,
and seldom awakens.
The sleeper must awaken.

mfmr

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 08:56:04 pm »
Hahahaha, mfmr, you are really trying to shut me down, without saying anything? Just using the strong words.

K, I have been bored, veeeeeeeeeeeery bored, especially to you mfmr. Because you are and your friend Grassninja is all the time saying "Lalala, I play this game for fun", well, what happenens 80% after games you've losed. "they camped". It is the lamest thing I've ever heard, and I have heard it from 2006 begin! I have got ****ing alot crap from you, especially in aC times, about Ypsilon and Legend. They are actually good players, you just get pissed off, when you lose, like Run, and other RIPpers. Now, I have watched 2 years this ****ing crap opera, now I had to extract this.

Is there something wrong when I speak the truth? Is it wrong to play for fun?

There are still fair players which doesn't camp and I never had problem with them or with their playing style.

Flaw

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 09:00:43 pm »
Damn, Drama your avatar suits this topic so well.
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

Ahmed

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 09:07:16 pm »

campers

Exactly shows how you don't pay attention to what I said.  Personally if you lose I don't think you should go calling us campers. I don't understand why we are being called campers though because I know every member in AoG is pretty offensive yet still smart enough not to get hit as easy. If you want to go call us campers then go ahead, but I just think it hurts your reputation more then ours.

mfmr

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 09:12:03 pm »
I don't care if we lost or if we didn't.

Its not like "hey we lost lets go whine on the forums".

We are trying to show you how lame camping is. But it seems that we are losing our time here.

This is also turning to a big flame war, so please post only posts with some idea or so. Thanks

Tafka

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 09:16:59 pm »
Go read Ruki's book. www.rukibook.com

Asrack

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 09:20:27 pm »
Ok, just to let you all know. From another side of view, and I will use Beats post about 2vs4 Rips.

He literally did that looking to show off. And people have big ego's. I know, Kurt has done it too when he camped his way into 6 outting me, cause he was to much of a ***** to come out from that ****ing truck. Yeah he tried it once, why do you think he had 6 lives and not 10? But I don't give a shit, he won, hes the better player, and I don't really care.

As for what I was saying, you would be pissed too if Someone came onto the forums saying they kicked your ass. RIP just like everyone else hates to lose. Behind everyone, on MSN and such, you all say it, some just show it. Yeah, and who ****ing cares, keep it to yourself. This is what maturity is all about, you need to learn to just suck it up, and stop arguing about it. Lets talk about how RIP has changed game play...

Osp made ban lists that made me pissed off, why? Because all my favorite weapons got banned in Multimod clanwars, why do I say Osp? Why not, there the largest Multimod clan, why else, they set the top for eveyrone. Banned weapons and all. When I cam eback from my break and did my first cw with (V), I played with Thor and whatever clan he was in. I was ****ing pissed, the lamest weapons ever, they were not even fun to play with, what was tehr elike 6 weapons unbanned, bullshit. I stopped multimodding because of it. But you know what, thats everyone elses choice, I won't rip on them for liking a certian way of playing.

You need to stop your moronic thinking of how RIP changed game style. We prefer our games to be full out aggressive. And I can understand that, it's so boring chasing someone, and you know what, they will make there point clear, so get over it. RIP wants people to be more aggresive, if anyone else wants to follow like a mindless drone who cannot think for themselves, then you know who the morons are.

My little rant.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 09:24:28 pm »

Thor, mmm wait. Something's wrong... but what? Ah yea, typical for spz and mfmr? Ehrm, except Beast, noone in spz whines in general.
So, just because mfmr supported my opinion once, is he now your enemy? I am the one who calls you runners, spammers (but actually not campers) etc. So why do you blame him and spz for something that, I'm quite sure, has to do with me?
And yes, you indeed play lame, just read what Legend wrote. That's why I don't wanna cw aC and S (kinda same clan anyway). And of course I only whined after a loss, because I can quite take the lame playing if I was still able to kick your ass anyway (but still, it wasn't really funny).
But when I loose to such lame playing, it's just... can't find words for it xD
For me, it's no problem to loose to players or clans that are/played better than me/us, as long as they played nice and fair.

As you see, every lame player who posted here is trying to pull the whole thing down, claim that it's normal and not bad to camp or run just to win. Bullshit! I surely play this game for winning, like every game, but still, fun is more important to me.

PS: I really enjoy playing with RIP guys. GOGO RIP!!1

RuNyoufool

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 09:36:12 pm »

I get pissed off when i loose, so I'm a moron. That must mean that my whole clan consists of a bunch of morons. makes perfect sense.  Most RIPpers play just for fun, and I've joined the bunch. Thanks for your sensitive opinion though.

Today, we play more offensive then Beast will in 2 clanwars from now. We have preached an offensive playing style, hoping that others would follow, for the sake of having more enjoyable games. that's all there is to it.

Some time ago we played a clanwar against OwZ and since they knew that we were going to play offensive, even when they'd play defense, they slowly got the hang of it, and we had an offensive, enjoyable clanwar. I think Kurt has never played as offensive as he did in that game :-). For me, that will be the way to motivate others to play more offensive. And I'm sure that almost everyone enjoys such games much more then your typical lx clanwar today.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Raziel

« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2007, 09:42:06 pm »
I can share with ya folks my banlist file. It's the only one in the whole universe list of all the morons in LX. incomplete one though, new ones still coming ;D

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2007, 09:43:37 pm »
I can share with ya folks my banlist file. It's the only one in the whole universe list of all the morons in LX. incomplete one though, new ones still coming ;D

That's why I so love your server :-*

Turma

« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 10:04:23 pm »
NAIS! =D=D
Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2007, 10:10:27 pm »

I get pissed off when i loose, so I'm a moron. That must mean that my whole clan consists of a bunch of morons. makes perfect sense.  Most RIPpers play just for fun, and I've joined the bunch. Thanks for your sensitive opinion though.

Today, we play more offensive then Beast will in 2 clanwars from now. We have preached an offensive playing style, hoping that others would follow, for the sake of having more enjoyable games. that's all there is to it.

Some time ago we played a clanwar against OwZ and since they knew that we were going to play offensive, even when they'd play defense, they slowly got the hang of it, and we had an offensive, enjoyable clanwar. I think Kurt has never played as offensive as he did in that game :-). For me, that will be the way to motivate others to play more offensive. And I'm sure that almost everyone enjoys such games much more then your typical lx clanwar today.

Sorry to break your bubble, but I enjoy tight ss battles (for example with FoH) more than that. The match was nice, but I found it kind of pointless that it was all about running into eachother and spamming all your weps from close range.
Truth is, that almost everyone plays to win. Even mfmr, grassninja, even adam and runyoufool. Some just don't succeed and they throw their anger into posts in LXA (notice how this is ALWAYS after the match and ALWAYS only when losing)
It seems that 90% of the current community can't take a loss. In the old times it was popular to call the person who beat you a ''lagger'', I remember even half of [wc] calling people laggers :P Even I did it, but I was a noob back then so w/e. Nowadays it's cool to call your slayer a ''camper/runner/spammer''. Whatever the word is, the mentality will stay the same.
Has it ever occured to any of you, that everyone has his own way of having fun in LX? Not everyone enjoys spam battles like RIP, some like good tight challenges.

Respect to all players/clans that keep the competition in LX up and right here for you whiners.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2007, 10:14:16 pm »
Quote from: Kurt
..(notice how this is ALWAYS after the match and ALWAYS only when losing)

Quote from: GrassNinja
And of course I only whined after a loss, because I can quite take the lame playing if I was still able to kick your ass anyway (but still, it wasn't really funny).

RuNyoufool

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2007, 10:25:12 pm »

Sorry to break your bubble, but I enjoy tight ss battles (for example with FoH) more than that.

don't be sorry, there's no bubble to break. you changed your playing style while playing with us, and that's all that counts. whether it was out of respect, or just because you noticed that there was no need to defend continuously doesn't matter. And off course we don't always attack bluntly. Even we know that you need to dose attacks when playing a clanwar, especially towards the end.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2007, 10:42:42 pm »

That's why I so love your server :-*

Totally agreed! +1 karma for Grassy and Razzy

IRC

« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2007, 10:47:22 pm »
Raziel go back to auswich or something, that's where all the pedophiles fits.
Cop is my legacy.

Raziel

« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2007, 10:54:45 pm »
Yes IRC, you are on my banlist too :D

Ruki

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 10:58:23 pm »
Ugh, I miss the good old days when only wc and TsL used to have flamewars and even that not on regular basics. Perhaps that is why lamda times were better... you could still do it good in laggy server with 8 players in lamda rifles 20 lt. Nobody whined back then. Yes, you could hear the word lag occasionaly but not in a way "you ****ing lagger you n00b get the **** off the server I lost only cuz you lag straight fag n00b!!!". Lag was there only to let the host know his server is a bit laggy and if there is something he can do to prevent it he should do it (close MSN, Winamp...). I played a lot on ToS, NN, USA (GR), AOD, Alt servers (yes, all American/Canadian) and never the word lag was used. Probably the only whiners about lag were few members of wc. Who has played with them will know what I'm talking about. They whined about everyone lagging (including their own clan members). Perhaps because they didn't play merely Lamda 20 but mostly Liero Factory, Jailbreak and Tetris, anyhow they were winning a lot on their servers and still whining about lag. There was also no running and camping as it is now back then. Always a good fight. There were perhaps few persons who played too defensively (including running and a bit of camping) sometimes but most of the players were attacking all the time. Ofcourse not berkserking or going mad but there was no "BRB I need to reload all of my weaps" thing or "catch me if you can while I'm shooting at you". There was no whinning after a lost cw. Mostly the comments were "nicely done" or "well played" but rarely "you lagged and runned and camped and you cheated and your mom is a whore". After wc and TsL "retired" LX was not the same. Whining, camping and lagging issues were born.

- End of History Part I -
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:01:28 pm by Ruki »

Indignation

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2007, 11:02:46 pm »
There is still a counter to everything. If they run, don't follow. They''ll have no choice to come back to you if they want to finish the game.
i r homosecksual

Ruki

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2007, 11:07:07 pm »
There is still a counter to everything. If they run, don't follow. They''ll have no choice to come back to you if they want to finish the game.
Team game... So you let the runner go. Go after another player, get in fight. In the middle of your fight with another player, when both have 1/3 healt left, your runner comes back with all the weapons reloaded and kills both of you. He is left with half of lives at the end of the game and possibly high kills too.

Duel... this will work. If not, leaving the server sure will (but then the "coward" isue will be brought up).

Asrack

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2007, 11:08:59 pm »
Ruki, you're my hero.

Spectro

« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2007, 11:15:53 pm »
Team game... So you let the runner go. Go after another player, get in fight. In the middle of your fight with another player, when both have 1/3 healt left, your runner comes back with all the weapons reloaded and kills both of you. He is left with half of lives at the end of the game and possibly high kills too.

Duel... this will work. If not, leaving the server sure will (but then the "coward" isue will be brought up).

Not to undermine the truth behind that in anyway, but I still remember a cw against OwZ (Kurt and Quiv) where kurt would scamper over into the tunnel in LFR waiting for one of us to follow, but instead we picked off QuiverS quite early on in the game. When kurt came for the rescue it was alway too late, and then WE layed down the run away card to reload and start the process again. Was really a damn good way to counter things with good teamwork.

Indignation

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2007, 11:19:18 pm »
Ah Spec, that was a good game.
i r homosecksual

Amnesiac

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2007, 11:50:34 pm »
I believe everyone knows how I feel about taking this game too seriously by now, but just in case they don't I'll say it now. I believe that I, myself, and Chrispy, and maybe a few other Knights, are the only players who are completely unconcerned with winning. Our clan is so unconcerned with winning, that, according to our rules, a Squire in our clan could randomly recruit a player and start a clan war, lose horribly, and we wouldn't reprimand them for it. Why? This game is about having fun to me, not winning. I enjoy playing the game a lot, but some of my favourite games are games where, because of timing out, I end up the only person on a team with three people on the other. Sure I lose horribly, but I don't care! Not a bit!

I used to play a game that some of you may know called GunZ. It was an okay game, that required a certain amount of skill to play and was fun in general. I quit because, unlike in LieroX, it actually affected your character if you won or lost, and I just wanted to play to have fun. I didn't like being punished for throwing a bunch of grenades into a crowd of players and blowing myself up while only managing to take a few people with me. In GunZ there are two big styles of play that most players use once they start to get good at the game: K-Style and E-Style. K-Style players switch between weapons (usually a shotgun and a katana) really, really quickly, hit buttons really fast, jump off walls, and break the frames of the game. K-Stylers can be so fast that you don't even see them until you're freaking dead. On the other side of the coin are E-Stylers. E-Stylers are a bit peculiar, they might learn a few simple K-Style moves but they don't jump around a lot. E-Stylers do things like: lure you into grenade traps, knock you down and then kill you while you're on the ground, hide and then play kingmaker after a big fight. Immediately they sound cowardly, but really, I played against them a lot and many of them were just as skilled and just good as your average K-Styler, they just played a different way.

And guess what? K-Stylers are always giving E-Stylers shit, and vice-versa. Whenever anyone plays in a different style than you it pisses you off, because, ideally, everyone should play the same style to make it a test of pure skill, right? Wrong! Part of that skill is developing a different style of play than those around you. I've found that there are very few LieroX maps that really allow for any camping that can't easily be dealt with even for a mediocre player like me. Runners too can be dealt with by, god forbid, a little camping on your part! In fact, I don't see what style you expect to play if not "Camp" or "Run" or some mixture of the two. What do you want them to do? Slowly move back and forth in the same space so they're easy for you to shoot?

You people just need to relax. This game is 2d, and although it does require a certain amount of finesse, it doesn't even compare to how many buttons a good K-Styler presses in a minute in GunZ, or the amount of planning that goes into an E-Styler ambush. There's only so much you can do without running or camping; they're parts of the game, get over it!
(K) Huzzah!!

Purplehaze

« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2007, 12:12:24 am »
Not to undermine the truth behind that in anyway, but I still remember a cw against OwZ (Kurt and Quiv) where kurt would scamper over into the tunnel in LFR waiting for one of us to follow, but instead we picked off QuiverS quite early on in the game. When kurt came for the rescue it was alway too late, and then WE layed down the run away card to reload and start the process again. Was really a damn good way to counter things with good teamwork.
Nice thinking Josh, I was actually going to post that exact same clan war round scenario. It was Liero 1.11 LFR, and Kurt would go to the middle bottom and shoot larpa and laser. After making quick work of Quivers, Spex and I 2v1'd Kurt fairly easily.  That wasn't too long ago, either.

Basically, this game is all about fun, do whatever the hell you want, play how ever the hell you want. At the end of the day, more important things happen and it's all forgotten. If you don't like how someone plays, then leave. It's just that simple.
"I know not with what weapons WWIII shall be fought with, but I know that WWIV shall be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Beast

« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2007, 02:07:43 am »
Today, we play more offensive then Beast will in 2 clanwars from now.

Umm... Just to make things clear for you and others, who are you to comment on my playing style? I've never played with you. I've maybe once seen your server and that's about it.

And LegendKiller, w/e you said, i wasen't into reading it, you camper/runner/lagger n00b!11

Nothing else to say, Cheers.
I'm here.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2007, 02:23:52 am »
I've never played with you.

You have. after 0.5 game, I had enough. I'm not trying to offend you, I just don't think you'll really change your style.

Ahmed

« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2007, 03:04:30 am »

Umm... Just to make things clear for you and others, who are you to comment on my playing style? I've never played with you. I've maybe once seen your server and that's about it.

And LegendKiller, w/e you said, i wasen't into reading it, you camper/runner/lagger n00b!11

Nothing else to say, Cheers.

Right calling me a camper/runner/lagger n00b!11  I don't understand what I did except stand up for my clan. If you call me a lagger then just goes to show me that you can't take lag and not being able to take lag in this game shows me how much of a "noob" you are. Loosing isn't so bad I don't understand why you drag it on like we are the masters of camping.

sharsh

• Super duper lag shield 150.0. dont even try to kill me, ill just eat your bullets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +20/-6
  • 1166 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sharsh
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2007, 03:12:42 am »
gyo is :o

X4VI3R

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2007, 04:16:34 am »
ill be back in like 2 days foo, we can pwn some, at a regatta
xavier the white_ninja: - MonK
{spz}; <3 splinky_krazi_coacoa_human_chaoz_killatron

I'll let you try my WuTang Style

*SpAzZ* out nikka

Desmond

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2007, 07:23:11 am »
Quote from: LegendKiller
If you call me a lagger then just goes to show me that you can't take lag and not being able to take lag in this game shows me how much of a "noob" you are.

Leon on a bad lagging day. Wins everyone 10-out easily. Everyone is noob.

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2007, 08:00:52 am »
My friend once did something wich I still admire very much.

-This friend was extremly talented in writing and he always get the best grades from his very long essay's during the school time.

Then It was undergraduating final test.

Topic was mother's language and you had to write essay about the most brave thing you have ever done. After he told what he wrote, the first expression of mine was like, good joke.
Well he confirmed me and after thinking it for a while I got very amused, because this guy was the best writer out there, and what had he made now with one word was simply incredible.

Let me copy his essay here. (Translated from finnish)

Bravest thing I have ever done

This.

He got grade L (Best grade out there) 99/99 points.

Everyone has their own style, who is the one who can judge others? With nowdays rule's this guy would prolly got 0 points. Well he did something genious, but doing it in like that is too owning to do more than once, after one guy had gut's to do it, would be pointless to give same points ever again. Then its not genious anymore, not even if other guy would get the same expression. Would you call that unfair? Or rather make the rules keeping things in control(copy cats etc...). Develope is developing same shit happends to LX and it's player's. When the winning is the main object, new styles will be created to make win in better or more effective way. When someone keeps flaming, soon they start to develope things that makes winning look a bit cooler, and thats actually an development to good direction I guess.

But never forget that this thing has two sides. RIP is doing good job by pressuring peoples to play fair, and not to go into style wich ain't good for general enjoyment. It's not like RIP would be bad losers. They have their own well made opinion about this thing, atleast the old side of RIP, well I can put my head to table that what Adam says is based on his true belives, look at him in game he plays how he speaks. Even we have very diffrent views on this thing. I have learned much from Adam, and I am sure he has also learned from me.

Well we got into tight discussions. Also some flames. So dont go immediatly thinking where is this community heading, when someone flames a bit. It might be opinion expression from guy who's ability to express himself has not reached its top yet. Still try to listen and find answer.

Good example is aswell the new cw system RIP made some time ago. RIP was totally flamed due the thing they made. But still it prolly started somekind of revolution. No matter if they were flamed, but still they affected prolly to OwZ, wich mayby affected to Osp. And now we are mayby living a time of revolution in cw's?

Something new will be always critisised, and its healthy. Also peoples who has diffrent view on things, for sure everyone has some good points why it is like that. But going to flame other's ain't really a solution. Rather open discussion and trying to take also other view's in the consideration might help. But it's imbossiple to try change someone view immediatly.

Also I did some time ago joke about the community, wich obviosuly everyone missed. It was in Osp thread my post first about my "Rotten identity", and after few days "I am back". It was joke about me, joke about RIP, joke about the winning stylers and joke about everyone. But the key thing was that there is still good in everything!

Use your own brains, try to look things from other view's. Never keep the opinion after your first expression. Keep thinking all the other's opinion's, even the one who you think is the most moron person. Even fine person might have something to say wich might develope you.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 08:17:16 am by MiLeC »

Desmond

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2007, 08:46:42 am »
[quote autho=MiLeC]Let me copy his essay here. (Translated from finnish)

Bravest thing I have ever done

This.

He got grade L (Best grade out there) 99/99 points.
[/quote]

Good idea, but it already happened at one of the CEGEP of Quebec City. The final French Writing class test was an essay on "What is risk?". Some guy was very intelligent, but had no idea what to write. So for three hours he tried to write stuff on it (There was seven hours to write it, something really big). Then he finally went to give a copy to the teacher supposed to watch over the exam. He said : "THIS is risk" and gave his copy.

Blank.

He got the highest mark and his ticket to the University in journalism.

Beast

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2007, 10:07:56 am »
Nah, nvm everyone. I decided not to play as a good guy anymore. I wondered why? If by playing defensive there's not many to win me. I'm not gonna be offensive player if the community is filled with defense. From now on, i'm the same sh!thead in game who i was when MiB was up, so dear clan, be ready to get owned.

And o boy i'm looking forward to these whining threads that will be made as soon as i return to playing clan wars, roflmao.
I'm here.

Kurt

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2007, 10:13:05 am »
offensive style =/= good guy
defensive style =/= asshole
me == good guy
namura == asshole
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 10:16:15 am by Kurt »

Beast

« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2007, 10:16:06 am »
Quote from: Grass
Thor, mmm wait. Something's wrong... but what? Ah yea, typical for spz and mfmr? Ehrm, except Beast, noone in spz whines in general.

Have you even considered the little fact that there's no need to whine if the clan's dead by activity? Until people are playing clan wars and stuff, there will always been whine until people dare to say out loud what they think. There's only a low chance of playing a whole clan war without upseting anyone.
I'm here.

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2007, 10:27:07 am »
Nah, nvm everyone. I decided not to play as a good guy anymore. I wondered why? If by playing defensive there's not many to win me. I'm not gonna be offensive player if the community is filled with defense. From now on, i'm the same sh!thead in game who i was when MiB was up, so dear clan, be ready to get owned.

And o boy i'm looking forward to these whining threads that will be made as soon as i return to playing clan wars, roflmao.

As long as you youself accept yours style there's nothing wrong in it. It's natural that when listening critic all the time, might be hard to see things clear. But if I remember history, I thought you are camper aswell. But same time now when I remember those I remember that you were guys against who I had to play 100% accurate and use also brains even I hated it.

But remember what happends if you play like taht very long time. Opponent knwos what to wait, and game turns into very defeinsive, just because its not very good to go into situation where you will lose. So is that what you want to make this community. You want the seriousnes go aslong that there is soon only ss shot because everything else is too risky.

So this thing has good sides. The RIP style in my eyes is wrong, and even more wrong is the style of camper's and guys who use defence always a bit more than opponent does. Natural thing to happend is taht game becames booring. Now you prolly see that RIP speaking about honour is important int his game, just because LX ain't even close to perfect game, it needs more than just playing for the win. Otherwise you are too blind to see forward.

Our diffrence from my eyes in cw's has always been, that I try first to attack, and if opponent using that against me, he will soon notice that he is in camp war. Well you need to be very competitive to enjoy about those games, well I am. But big part won't see it worth of the win anymore like that.

So there is the important role of honour.

Don't just make total turnaround Beast, while you day ago were on the RIP side. It great taht you have started to think it, but its too easy way to go jsut decide you will be the bastard forever. Try to think more further than that.

I belive in normal playing, it's good balance of defense attack and everyone likes it, or can tolerate it.

Kristoffer

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2007, 10:34:01 am »
offensive style =/= good guy
defensive style =/= asshole
me == good guy
namura == asshole

Namura with big N, thank you.

Beast

« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2007, 10:36:45 am »
Nah, MiLeC, by joining {spz} (Which is a LXA clan) I had to change myself by my playing like others want (by losing) and by my attitude. But now i've understood that it's just not natural for me. On my character, i'm a badass, always been and always will be (well at least i'll get kids and stuff). So I decided to go on with my playing and stuff and to ignore all the bullshit people saying about me. Because until it's about win, with 100% SS spamming or by good playing, i'll still usually win.

By returning to my old playing, i'm not saying i'd go hide in the shadows and spam weapons from there (like Z01), i'll still take part of the game but i'll just think before i act (which is that most of us don't). I've never been an exact "camper", i've just always used a defensive playing style and i've improved so much in it, that there's simply no point of changing it now.

And.. I know i'm a disgrace to Spazz. I've already kinda talked about this whole issue with Mates and mfmr, they're free to kick me if i'm too childish or something for them, i'd understand, since sorry but I won't be quiet anymore. I already talked about this before i even joined the clan.

And RuN, wow, i guess you got owned pretty bad. Actually, now i remember something of some waA| RuNyoufool. But still don't remember anything about playing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 10:38:59 am by Beast »
I'm here.

Adam

« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2007, 10:56:18 am »
Beast, can you indicate where and how did RuN get owned pretty bad?
Quote from: Asrack
I missed inturpreted that wrong than.
Gezz.

Beast

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2007, 10:57:31 am »
Beast, can you indicate where and how did RuN get owned pretty bad?

No, i'm just an ego kid making predictions.  ;)
I'm here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

anything