Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Endjoy  (Read 8015 times)

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
Endjoy
« on: August 12, 2007, 11:27:39 pm »

Mkay, public suicide boot. Sound quite nice eh?

People are commiting suicide now and then, their reasons may vary quite much. But they all have one goal, to end their lives. The metodes are also quite varying, everything between pills and explosives. But it's more or less against the law (it is against the laws of nature!) to commit suicide, so those who fails are often diagnosed "mentally ill" (which some are) and are locked up in a mentalhospital. Isn't it more or less up to a person to determine wether he wants to live or not, isn't it more or less the most basice privilege to end our lives if we wan't. Of course someone might impulsively take ones lives after loosing his/her money on poker and jump out of the window, even if he didn't want to die. Still should we hinder him from dying, it was his choice.
Another case is deseases, a cancerpatient can't just tell the doctors to let him go, or he can but they'll still keep him alive, it's also against the oath soo... And considered murder. So let em' suffer, shouldn't they enjoy the last painfull days of their lives? just waiting for the reaper.

But a fully automatice machine that just kills you, it can't be murder. Noone will even have to feel bad about it, in oposite if someone helps his/her friend to commit suicide. People would neither jump infront of cars or such, which might cause some serious traumas for the driver.

So could this surreal idea actually have a place in our present world?
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
Re: Endjoy
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 11:29:39 pm »

It works well in Futurama, so...
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:35:20 pm by Kurt »

Ruki

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 11:38:31 pm »
What if someone forces you to enter the booth?

Indignation

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 11:45:56 pm »
Most people commit suicide in their worst part of depression, or if they take drugs that act like depressants. Most people who attempt suicide regret it later. It was just an impulse that they foolishly acted upon.
i r homosecksual

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 11:48:53 pm »
It would be regulated by the police?

If someone forces you to enter it, it's murder.

Anyway, suicide is the weak way out.

Asrack

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 12:03:26 am »
Emo's ftw!

Seriously though, this is going to sound crude, but suicide equals population control. I love life, and I believe everyone should have a chance at life, but if someone wants to die, then let them, it's there life, they are in charge of it, not the goverment, not anyone else.

I can see the bad signs about this too, but yeah, thats my view.

MissingNo.

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 01:07:19 am »
Emo's ftw!

Seriously though, this is going to sound crude, but suicide equals population control. I love life, and I believe everyone should have a chance at life, but if someone wants to die, then let them, it's there life, they are in charge of it, not the goverment, not anyone else.

I agree. It's their choice to do what they want with their life. If they want to end it, fine. If they want to keep it going, fine.

Drama

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 02:39:11 am »
Emo's ftw!

I agree. It's their choice to do what they want with their life. If they want to end it, fine. If they want to keep it going, fine.

I must add that it's not that simple, not anywhere near that simple.

It is very true that a suicide is a weak and quite selfish way to deal with things. A while ago, about 100 meters from the place where I live a guy committed a suicide. He killed himself by going in front of a train. That was an extremely selfish way to do it since it caused alot of trouble and work for outsiders. I didn't even know the man but I really felt bad after he did it and I was a bit down for a while. It really made me think about things. We can always say life is a precious and a beautiful thing and everybody should respect it but the truth is that it's not so simple.

It is true that it really isn't the goverment's fault if somebody committs a suicide (usually) and I dont think it's really anybody's fault. It's just that people should keep their eyes open and if they notice that someone is having a hard time they should go and talk with him/her. You dont even have to talk, just listen and be there for him/her. After all most of the people who commit a suicide have people around them and atleast one person who they can talk to. It takes only one person.

It is quite wrong that some people want to end their lifes while others lose theirs by an accident but obviously this is not the first thing that pops up into a mind of a person who wants to kill himself/herself.

The world has indeed got quite mad and crazy but I dont really see any future for that kind of machine. If that kind of machine would be implemented I think people would just kill themselves easier since it would be alot easier to do it. I dont think anybody wants that. On the other hand, that kind of machine could make people afraid of committing a suicide. Think about it if there were those kind of machines around the streets, people could think twice before they do such thing. But obviously man shouldn't build that kind of machines for that purpose.
Without change something sleeps inside us,
and seldom awakens.
The sleeper must awaken.

MissingNo.

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 10:13:35 am »
Emo's ftw!

I must add that it's not that simple, not anywhere near that simple.

It is very true that a suicide is a weak and quite selfish way to deal with things. A while ago, about 100 meters from the place where I live a guy committed a suicide. He killed himself by going in front of a train. That was an extremely selfish way to do it since it caused alot of trouble and work for outsiders. I didn't even know the man but I really felt bad after he did it and I was a bit down for a while. It really made me think about things. We can always say life is a precious and a beautiful thing and everybody should respect it but the truth is that it's not so simple.

It is true that it really isn't the goverment's fault if somebody committs a suicide (usually) and I dont think it's really anybody's fault. It's just that people should keep their eyes open and if they notice that someone is having a hard time they should go and talk with him/her. You dont even have to talk, just listen and be there for him/her. After all most of the people who commit a suicide have people around them and atleast one person who they can talk to. It takes only one person.

It is quite wrong that some people want to end their lifes while others lose theirs by an accident but obviously this is not the first thing that pops up into a mind of a person who wants to kill himself/herself.

The world has indeed got quite mad and crazy but I dont really see any future for that kind of machine. If that kind of machine would be implemented I think people would just kill themselves easier since it would be alot easier to do it. I dont think anybody wants that. On the other hand, that kind of machine could make people afraid of committing a suicide. Think about it if there were those kind of machines around the streets, people could think twice before they do such thing. But obviously man shouldn't build that kind of machines for that purpose.
  Well, it is that simple to the person who's going to commit suicide. It's true that most of the time the person committing it doesn't think about other people. They don't think about other people because usually it's the other people that cause them to commit suicide in the first place.
  Plus, once the person is dead, the feelings of the other people aren't really going to affect them. I agree that the world has gotten mad and crazy, but that's just how it is. You don't see the government stepping up to try and fix this problem, so it might not get better soon.
  Even if a machine like that were made, it would be frowned upon by others. So, the chances of it being available are slim.
  About talking to people who are hurt or depressed, it might help. Although, if I were wanting to commit suicide, no amount of talking would get me to not do it. Talking would help some people, but once somebody is really determined to do something, they won't let anything or anybody stop them.
  But I don't really know. I have no idea how many people here have thought about or even tried to commit suicide. I have thought about it, a lot. I've come up with a lot of scenarios about it and all, but I haven't tried it. I digress though, this really isn't about me. Sorry for babbling on.

Asrack

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 03:01:00 pm »
Commiting suicide is very easy, people just need to plan stuff out more. There are many reasons for it, and if everyone didn't we would have to many people on earth right now. It's a part of life, people die. I know it's mean, and crude, and I care for human life a lot. I hate when people die, it makes me feel sick, and depressed, but it's life.

And as for the govermen.. Someone kilsl themself in there house, a paid team of professionals come in and clean it up. Meaning they make money for it.

I'm really sorry to sound crude, and I would hate to die today, tomorrow, or whatever, and I don't believe suicide is a good way out, but if people want to do it, it's there choice. If someone REALLY wants to commit suicide, there going to, you're not going to sotp them. Some people are just that dumb.

Again, this is what I got out of one of your comments, not the whole concept.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:25:52 pm by Asrack »

Spoon

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 06:23:13 pm »
This sort of topic has enough attempts at serious posts - so I don't feel the need to add some intelligence. That leaves adding some enjoyability to the topic.

Making suicide this easy would mean two things -

- more people dying, a good thing when it's old people who feel ashamed of the burden they place on others, a good thing when it's the uneducated, jobless people who contribute nothing to society except to take their share of government benefits and live in squalor and (often) drunkeness, a bad thing when it's people who have others who rely on them and need them and want them and love them, a bad thing when it's people society need, high flying scientists and the people who clean your public toilets alike.

- less amusing deaths and attempted suicides for the people who feel no emotional attachment to people they don't know (me). Did you hear about the guy who tried to commit suicide with his shotgun? Placed the gun under his chin, screwed his eyes up tight and pushed the trigger. Being an insufferable moron who probably deserved to die just for being so stupid, he failed - all he managed to do was shoot his chin off. Now he lives still as stupid and fine personed as ever, but he comes fully packaged with a funny story and half a face to boot.

Did you hear about the guy who died - trying to see how close he could get his face to a train moving at full speed?

''Ah.. that close.''

Would it even count as suicide, or just a fatal count of idiocy?

Despite my demeanour, suicide is not something I'm unfamiliar with. A relative committed suicide because he was in huge amounts of debt - he did it knowing that killing himself would wipe his debts and enable a clause in his mortgage/pensions plans that basically said if he died all remaining debts were wiped and all remaining moneys owed to him were forwarded to his family. He died, his family now have a stable life - infact they're quite well off, can afford nearly anything they want.. but is that worth not having a dad? Especially one they got on with. I guess it's different if you don't get on with your dad (or any family member depending on circumstance).

On that note, my mother is currently trying to leave my father - she doesn't want divorce because it's expensive, she'd rather have an amicable split, either sell our house and buy two new places - one for each parent, or have my dad simply buy her out of her half of the house.. Neither options are really affordable, so my dad is digging his heels in. Really making it hard for my mum. He sits there with old cards and love letters from when they were teenagers, leaves them lying around the house, then tries to guilt trip my mother into just living as it is by saying he's going to kill himself. The 'scary' thing is it's easier than ever now he has a shotgun lying about in his room.

I'm not writing this because I need to share it or because I have problems with my parent's situations - I'm writing it because it's relevant to the topic and it might give some here more insight into the rather deep issues Suicide proposes, since I get the feeling several posts here are written by people who aim to sound more knowledgable and haven't really understood exactly how real suicide is. There's a difference between thinking about something and understanding it.

EDIT: Oh and by the way - http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/   <--- read that if you're tied up about whether Suicide is morally wrong. Notice how the author is determined not to realise that they still have an ingrained belief that it is always better to 'learn to live' and 'learn to be happy' than remove any chance of failure and kill yourself.  Anyway, a general quote from that website:

''Suicide is not chosen; it happens
when pain exceeds
resources for coping with pain.''

''When pain exceeds pain-coping resources, suicidal feelings are the result. Suicide is neither wrong nor right; it is not a defect of character; it is morally neutral. It is simply an imbalance of pain versus coping resources.''
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:48:11 pm by Spoon »

ShadowShark

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 05:58:00 pm »
I say if your gonna commit suicide, think about the good things, or the bad things that are possible to change about your life. Just find someone to talk with, maybe a best friend if you will

Gaston

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 09:33:09 pm »
I read a very good book about it. It's called "A Long Way Down", and it describes the situation for four people who want to commit suicide very well in my opinon. I don't know, since the most I've considered suicide for seriously was 0.1 seconds so I wouldn't have to be emberassed about something. Then I woke up so to speak. But to me it seems to really describe people well and it makes sense. I'm probably inspired by reading it, but then again, who doesn't get biased towards things they've seen/heard/read that they agree with..?

Anyway, suicide is IMO a unnecessary mean to end your life in. I understand the will to do it though. Some people who suicides are people who have gone through unimaginable amounts of pain and suffering most of us will not even be remotely close to being able to relate to ever in our lifes. Saying that some people deserve to die sounds just directly arrogant to me. I can understand that people can feel that way towards single persons who they directly hate. I've had that feeling before. But when I view it in retrospect, I realize that it would not help a bit to hva that person dead, and it was just impulses that I normally don't follow that took overhand of my feelings. It's a human thing. But how some people can think that people who doesn't necessarily contribute anything to community that doesn't meet the expectations of the "legal inhabitant" who works for his food is really beyond me.  It's like those people who think of beggars and homeless people as too many classes down for them.

To me that reminds me of racism. It isn't exactly racism though obviously as it is usually not based on race. But rather on living circumstances. But yeah, some of you are very good to judge who you deem as worthy and who is not. Unfortunatly I am not so good at it...
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

mr.moocky

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2007, 04:46:06 pm »
If someone is using government/charity money, and don't have a job, and is homeless, they are nothing but a burden for people who have a job and pay taxes, and deserve to die.

As for suicide, if someone wants to die, then they should.

Quaqa

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2007, 05:58:05 pm »
If someone is using government/charity money, and don't have a job, and is homeless, they are nothing but a burden for people who have a job and pay taxes, and deserve to die.

As for suicide, if someone wants to die, then they should.

hmm they may be a burden for ppl but mabye they like life and say like this do you like life?? and havent you ever done anything that others dident like, arent you a burden for thos ppl then? so then you dont deserve to life or whaT??   naa every one deserve to life

miri

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2007, 07:14:51 pm »
People commit suicide, because they screw up their lives by gambling, drinking alcohol, taking drugs and much more. They don't want to go to work and drown in debts. These are one of the many reasons why people want to end their lives by commiting a suicide. I'd rather TRY to get my life in order than end it, but some people just aren't brave enough to try to do anything. There are also many cases, where people take drugs, get high and commit suicide without a reason.
[Cop] miri

mr.moocky

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2007, 12:25:30 am »

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 08:54:27 am »
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

IRC

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 11:09:03 am »
Piss on you all, you take this serious issue as a subject of entertainment, cause your 2d-game forum must be more amusing to visit. Well I think that none of you is suicidal. And that the fact that you are making fun of those who are proves that you live in your safe little bubble with no problems what so ever.
Cop is my legacy.

Gaston

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 03:42:15 pm »
Where did I say anything about people dieing because I don't like them?? Homeless people who can't hold a job (often because of substance abuse or gambling) 'live' off taxes that should be spent to help the people that pay taxes with money they earned. Weather they like life or not, they are useless and should be killed. There is a quick, cheap, and easy solution to homelessness.

I have a question for you. Why do you think people deserve to die if they are somewhat draining resources from society? I understand that this in your view will create a more effective and fair society, but I personally, think death is a big deal, and such opinions have to have more to them than just wanting to kill people because they're partly living off others, do they?
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Zapp

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2007, 06:01:10 pm »
Where did I say anything about people dieing because I don't like them?? Homeless people who can't hold a job (often because of substance abuse or gambling) 'live' off taxes that should be spent to help the people that pay taxes with money they earned. Weather they like life or not, they are useless and should be killed. There is a quick, cheap, and easy solution to homelessness.

Would you be prepared to kill or support the killing your own father if he became a drug-addict and homeless?

Desmond

• 5 4 5 8 7 7 5 5 4 3 7 7 6 1 1 3 <-- the first music title! (aint it gay and lovely Haze)
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +80/-16
  • 3488 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Desmond
  • Beautiful madness.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007, 06:09:49 pm »

Would you be prepared to kill or support the killing your own father if he became a drug-addict and homeless?

I would try to restart his life. What kinda everyone would do.

The fire is gone? Make a new one with a good spark  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

anything