Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Rakkula September 18, 2019, 06:18:07 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Liero v2.0 – 100lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: a real frontend  (Read 3771 times)

aliast

a real frontend
« on: June 16, 2007, 08:15:08 am »
i leave liero for like 3 months
and i check this thing and i see that people started making frontends
and seeing how i had a part in starting this trend of making frontends
i took a look at some of the frontends being made
but they were dreadfully done, if at all
99% of the stuff i saw was horribly lame and probably took 5 minutes worth of cut and paste
so people. before you waste anymore bandwidth. take a look at how real frontends are done
nothing here has been cut and pasted and it was all made by my hand
now compare you shitty ass frontends to this and whack yourself on the head
for having wasted bandwidth

i'll put it up if people want it
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 09:36:33 am by aliast »

Asrack

Re: a real frontend
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:29:29 am »
Thats the best thing I seen posted for awhile now. I probably won't download, nor ask for it, but good work.

(If you were not going to put a download out yet, why didn't you post it in Works of Art, for feedback)

r4mbake

• My frontend is totally shit, link to download doesnt even work -> I dont want people to see it in total so they cant take away my last ounce of self respect. Spammer for life yo!
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +24/-7
  • 690 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To r4mbake
  • FoH>Yuo!!1
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 09:36:37 am »
uhm sorry i dont like it. btw FoH obber is a fake.

Thanks gusy that made me feel alot better and i tought we were hated in lx!! anyway thats signs that left FoH 50 times not canal... canal only 5 times
-Mc Hammer

druFF

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 10:12:50 am »
uhm sorry i dont like it. btw FoH obber is a fake.
FoH obber was my friend  >:(
Uhh... not anymore and btw its cool frotend and i think that someone might use it ; )

joni

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 10:54:55 am »
You wanna upload it?

Its mega cool looking!!

druFF

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 11:01:40 am »
You wanna upload it?
uhh me? no thx

RuNyoufool

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 11:33:01 am »
You put a lot of effort in that, great job. I think the purple for drop down arrows and scrollers doesn't match well, but the rest of the colors are chosen very carefully. 
The shapes that are used as a background are a bit bright for my taste. Would be nice if you'd provide a version with and without them, so people could use it blank or with their own background image.

Overall, all details taken care of. best frontend I've seen so far.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Gigus

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 11:43:18 am »
Strange things are in the background - I don't like them. Next: ugly fonts: "back", "start" etc. I like only the main titles and logo on the top, nothing more.

Why you think that your frontend is the best? It's not the best, I don't like it.
|Finno-12| Gigus

Loop

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 12:12:53 pm »
Better than most but it doesn't make it great. If you kept it bit darker it would make text more readable, too much color, especially green under title make eyes hurt. Textures are abused and maybe too contrasted. I like the black circle in the middle... if you kept that as main color range and idea, it would've been much better. gray background ok but too bright, fonts ok but red ones too flashy. Are central shapes totally random or have some design under... i fear first... you need to integrate them to existing shapes else they cut lines, contrast and break the flow. Blue-ish area needs anti-aliasing.

I agree with your description of current situation of front-ends...but yours still doesn't change things that much.. concentrate more on your work and next one will be good

ciau

Drift

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 12:17:21 pm »
;) not bad.. its probably one of teh best frontends out there...i liked the layout and text also 9/10

Raziel

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 12:45:00 pm »
99% of the stuff i saw was horribly lame and probably took 5 minutes worth of cut and paste
so people. before you waste anymore bandwidth. take a look at how real frontends are done
for having wasted bandwidth

Boyo, you suck as well. This frontend is no better than anything I've seen - piece of crap. No idea why everyone goes all "Oh ah oh ooooooooh yea bejbe!!!" about it. Seems you are overloaded with the worst creations ever, so when you see something BADLY done, you find it the best. Well, indeed. Amongst the worst frontends, a bad one is the king.

Oooh cool, but your frontend took 20 minutes instead. Your mighty hand was capable to create some random shapes and put glow, bevel and emboss and shadows effects!!! YOU EVEN FILLED THEM WITH PATTERNS!!!!!!!  Man you rock!!! No, really! Your arrogance is fully justified.
Colors schemes rock.
Harmony owns - really, it doesn't distract with anything.
Fluency - shake it babe! Background perfectly fits the colorful crap inside. Really, it does.
Font - yes yes, I can see that! I am not blind! I see you didn't use only simple font. You managed to put gradient too! Woooh.

When I first saw the font, I got impression like "WTF?". After 5th look at it, the impression did not change at all. Say, what the heck is it supposed to be? A real frontend?

Better not. You could get some serious damages.

aliast

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 09:54:53 pm »
lol
i know right

Better not. You could get some serious damages.
[/quote]
i havent, or have i?

Strange things are in the background - I don't like them. Next: ugly fonts: "back", "start" etc. I like only the main titles and logo on the top, nothing more.

Why you think that your frontend is the best? It's not the best, I don't like it.
i never said it was the best you blind idiot dont put words in my mouth

Better than most but it doesn't make it great. If you kept it bit darker it would make text more readable, too much color, especially green under title make eyes hurt. Textures are abused and maybe too contrasted. I like the black circle in the middle... if you kept that as main color range and idea, it would've been much better. gray background ok but too bright, fonts ok but red ones too flashy. Are central shapes totally random or have some design under... i fear first... you need to integrate them to existing shapes else they cut lines, contrast and break the flow. Blue-ish area needs anti-aliasing.

I agree with your description of current situation of front-ends...but yours still doesn't change things that much.. concentrate more on your work and next one will be good

ciau
the green under the title. if you've ever seen me play you'll know why its there

Gigus

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 11:25:23 pm »
i never said it was the best you blind idiot dont put words in my mouth
Kiss my ass *****
|Finno-12| Gigus

aliast

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2007, 11:38:08 pm »
well its the truth
no where in my post did i say it was the best
so youre blind because you cant see right
and youre an idiot because you embrace your own stupidity

Spoon

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2007, 11:45:04 pm »
You suggested you thought it was the best:

Unfortunately you kindof shot yourself in the foot, seeing as actually your front end is just as ugly as anything else I've seen, and more people agree that it's rubbish than those that will say it is infact the nicest front end they've seen.

If you want your work to be 'accepted' by this community, the first step is not telling said community that they suck and you are a god coming unto them.

Comments like ''you'd know why <something> is there if you ever saw me play'' - what, you think you're a celebrity like Bart or something? Awwww heheheh :D You said that almost like you actually thought we care.

Gigus

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 11:46:55 pm »
well its the truth
no where in my post did i say it was the best
so youre blind because you cant see right
and youre an idiot because you embrace your own stupidity
Oh... don't cry silly boy ;-)
|Finno-12| Gigus

Ahmed

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 11:57:47 pm »

pshh people made frontends long before you even started playing =).
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Spectro

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 12:06:40 am »
Looks like aliast dug himself a deep hole and fell in. I like the abstract blobs a little, especially the black orb thing and the first title, but there's no color consistency. It's just confusing for the eyes. Give it another go aliast, and maybe with a little less conceit. Humbleness may solve a lot of problems for you right now.

Frigg

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 12:39:21 am »
Hehe..Much better then finnos fronted

Oxygen

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 12:45:48 am »
Raziel is god!

It's better than anything I could make...BUT...looking at it makes me quesy...

RuNyoufool

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 01:00:15 am »
Personal attacks are not allowed here.

[topic closed]
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

anything