Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Clan War system  (Read 7575 times)

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
New Clan War system
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:48:08 pm »
I would gladly like to announce that to value clan wars, OwZ has worked out a new clan war system.

Every 'clan war' played so far will be named Clan Match from now on and be put into a seperate list. Playing these Clan Matches will stay the same, best of 3 random 'wars' between 2 clans, you can challenge us ingame for those. We don't care much about the results of these, we play these for funzz0r.

Now the real change is that we have seperated Clan Wars and Clan Matches.
To challenge us for a Clan War, report in the seperate thread called '[OwZ] Clan War applications'.

Clan Wars have some rules that are different from Clan Matches:
1) They have to be 3v3 or 4v4
2) They are ''best of 5'', not 3
3) An opponent cannot challenge us within 14 days of the last Clan War or Clan Match.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:01:08 pm by Wander »

Adam

Re: New Clan War system
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 09:27:17 pm »
Great idea Knurt!!! I would love to elaborate on the similarities between your post and some things said by certain members of a certain clan, but I wont. I like where this is heading, even though it sounds so oficial. But maybe its the only way :)
Quote from: Asrack
I missed inturpreted that wrong than.
Gezz.

Gaston

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 11:22:06 pm »
So our revolution within OwZ is called off? Bah, I ahd the guns rad and all. Well, yeah this is how it's gonna be. It is an attempt to make for some real clan wars instead of the random 2v2 whatever match we've grown used to for now. After a while it gets boring and tedious, and hopefully this will help for us in OwZ to enjoy clan wars more. Pehaps even it'll help to start a trend in lxa, but, I wont hold my breath. Anyway, feel free to challenge us, but remember to abide to our rules :)
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

RuNyoufool

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 12:09:01 am »
hey, greeeeaaat initiative. this is what clanwars should be all about IMO. I would surely like to play one of these with you soon. 
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 12:36:53 am »
Not a bad system at all, but it takes too much time to organise things IMO :P
 but ahwell, If you need these rules to take clanwars seriously then sure, go ahead :)
we take all of them more or less seriously anyway, sometime its easier to talk about the "rules" with your members so then everyone would play his best all the time in a Clanwar.

Whatever I will surely challenge you guys, but I wont give an exact date, just like: Weekend :)

Since lx is not the most important thing, who knows when someone has to go immediatly because of a sudden thing.

I partly agree with Brat here :).
I still would like to organise something like this with you guys, that would be really fun ;).

Gyo~
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

RuNyoufool

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 01:21:29 am »
This means somebody has to in advance plan/schedule a request for a clanwar with you, afterwards a minimum of 6 players must agree to play a cw a certain date/time and be available/online as planned - plausable? Absense will reign with iron fist!

Don't get me wrong, I do like new stuff introduced and all, but from a pragmatic point of view this only makes it harder to get in touch with you for a cw. And only few clans have fulltime members online ready to play scheduled hours at the day. Gathering 3vs3 reguraly online isn't that easy, but its still the easiest way - and one of the reasons I like playing. But thats just me speaking, cw slut.

I guess only those who play 1 clanwar / year will enjoy this. Too bad if Osp manages to catch a bunch of you online for a action-packed 4vs4 cw and you won't put 100% heart in it. Noone will have the energy to go "sign up" for it, atleast not ospers... not that we played much cws with owz anyway lately.

Your view is very limited IMO. Those teamgames you play (you call them clanwars for some reason) really don't mean much anymore. It's just a way of killing time, but no one will bother if you loose 2 or 3 in a row, just play 6 more the next day and all is fine again.

Actually, this approach could bring a new perspective to the whole game, one where you don't play just those quickies 3 in a row, but something that needs to be prepared, and that clan members will be training for. This is something that lx really lacks currently. Raziel pointed it out to me today: When doing wars you should do everything you can in your power to win, and they should have some meaning. If you want a more mature audience to get interested in this game, this could be a great move. It could certainly draw more people to the game as well.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 07:11:37 am »
I dont see that amount makes quality or the opposite.

I think everyone does what is best for themselves. It depends totally about players of the clan.

For example Osp is full of players who are always ready to make their best in cw's and its always about the pride. You should see Osp forums to realize our desire to play cws, all the cw storyes tells much.
Its more like our culture of cw's that we are all the time prepared to everything.

But for me it's very nice to get higher challenge from clans if they can do better by preparing. Osp is always ready to all sets, so we are all the time prepared. But I don't see any problem why we couldn't arrange cw's with this system for example agaisnt the OwZ.

It's good that you noticed that other style might fit better to you. If you can't give your best in cw and feel that it sucks. This might be the solution.

I would love to play against well prepared opponents. And I guarantee that Osp will still offer you high challenge. So don't be worried about not finding opponents. At least Osp will support you with your try. Even Bart said peoples are too lazy to fill the info. I think there comes just proper amount of opponents for you.

But you will never see the day when Osp takes this. Its simply because we just go for it and we are always ready and every cw is cw for us, we play also much teamdeathmatches and those are the fun games for us.

Might sound kind of egoish, but that has always been the Osp style. We have not asked anyone to follow us. Mayby just many has admired the system and it has became general. No idea.

Why would we limit something from ourselves if we don't have problems with it.
Well I know this was at the first place only for OwZ and its own idea, but I answered aswell to critic towards Osp.

If Osp system irritates someone, I am sorry its kind of your problem.

Your view is very limited IMO.

And your's isn't, eh??
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 07:21:02 am by MiLeC »

Totalbitch

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 09:38:37 am »
You speak about training and all for these "huge" games that has been planed a week ahead. I think that anyone who has played more than a year don't need any practise at all(if that contains only so short period of time)

And whats's the talk about us made the cw playing not-so-serious? Wasn't that the way it has allways been? Starting the cw straight online...(at least most of them)

Finally, I do agree that some points what Kurt wroted, but for me this ain't gonna work...have to live my life outside lx/lxa too.
Spade allmighty!
aka. tha baby butcher!
alias -=Ronin=-!
One of the true RIP's!
The one and only GOD of WaN!
Forever staying in history as Osp!
Still going strong in [AoG]!

Gaston

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 04:20:44 pm »
I don't think everyone got the point. We will continiue to play cw's still (or nubcw's as we now call them), and we wont restrain ourself. We just in addition to the nubcw's want to have some proper CLANWARS. e.g. not teammathces, but something that feels like clanwars. It's not about not having a life outside lx either, if that's what you think ,uyou completely missed the point. It's about setting a time and date where everyone are quite sure they have time to do this, so everyone can be somewhat prepared and we wont have to abort a cw because someone has to go and eat dinner and whatnot.

But in short, we wont change our  nubcw style, we'll just enhance our style when it comes to, in our opinions, real clanwars.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Spoon

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 08:19:34 pm »
Atm I think clan tags are just that, a tag, a bit of text you stick at your name that loosely affiliates you with other people who have that same text infront of their name. In my opinion, 'clan wars' should be just that: actual wars. I dream of a community where -while we're all friends and can respect each other- people stick with their clan and play together always, if you go into another clan's server alone, I think damnit it should be 4v1, to make you want to go there with your friends to back you up..

In the last game I was playing, WoW, you have guilds. A bit like clans but usually much bigger. My guild had a huge rivalry with another guild from the opposing faction. Whenever anyone from either of our guilds saw someone from the other, we would instantly kill each other. No mercy, even if that other player had 5% health, we'd kill them.. Emote at them, spit, laugh, mock, mourn.. anything to wind them up after killing them and provoke a reaction (/spit = /e spits on %t = Elonie spits on Darklink etc). Within 5 - 10 minutes people would call their friends and suddenly there'd be 10-20 people all killing each other.. On the forums, we would constantly flame each other often without reason, it was all just for fun and never malicious but it gave us and everyone else a lot of laughter. We chat to each other and remember certain good fights etc, but ingame and on the forums we were enemies. Recently one of those guilds disbanded and in the Goodbye thread on the forum, most of the leaving players thanked the other guild for being such great rivals.

Games are a lot more fun if you actively have rivals. It doesn't have to be nasty, just a healthy community of strong competition. Atm it seems a lot like nearly every game is just another game, the only time your clan tag means anything is in those oh-so-overplayed ''cws'' that are set up and done in no time at all, just another notch on the post so to speak. It ceases to mean anything when you lose because 'ah nevermind we can challenge them again later' or something.

It's quite hard to describe exactly what I'm thinking of, especially if you've never experienced a gaming community with plenty of divides and rivalry.

To say ''coming from RIP'', fine.. but the reason I think other RIP particularly don't play 'cws' is because like me, they think what clan wars have become is pretty pointless. :)

Gaston

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 08:31:57 pm »
Atm I think clan tags are just that, a tag, a bit of text you stick at your name that loosely affiliates you with other people who have that same text infront of their name.

In my opinion there are exceptions to this. The four most evident of this for me is RIP, e3, AoG and OwZ. If you for example take OwZ's history, everyone who was in the clan when it started is still there, and everyone who has joined on the way is still sticking with us. This is for a clan that is over a half year old, which in my opinion, much more resembles a clan than one where the activity in and out is heavier than the traffic on manhattan in rush hour. So although what you are saying would go for quite a few clans in lx in my opinion, there are some true clans out there.

But what you said at the end, I agree with. Clan Wars aren't clan wars anymore, they are team deathmatches. Rarely have I played a "clan war" in lx while actually feeling it was an actual war. It has happened, but very rarely. In my opinion, if this system prooves to work, it will help bring something special to the actual Clan Wars OwZ will go through with, as opposed to just play a bunch of random games versus random opponents which just so happens to wear the same tag.
26 Mars 2007

Purplehaze

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 11:24:44 pm »
Is this sort of a preview to how the Battlecry games will work? I'm not 100% clear on how Battlecry will work yet, but this seems like something that would go hand in hand, from what I heard.
Also, this reminds me of the EWL tourney.  For (V), it was very competitive, and I know I enjoyed it, I think the other members did too. We didn't do too bad in it, either.  ;)

Now to the actual new clan war system:
I like the idea of preparing for your opponent, it makes it like a real war, when you prepare your troops, weapons, etc. Also, 5 Battles in the war is good, better IMO, because most wars consist of more than 3 battles and 5 battles can prove better who is the dominant clan.
Although, in battles, the Generals sometimes prepare sneak attacks, kind of like when you pull a random setting out of your ass in a clan war, hoping to get a fairly easy win. Then at the end of the war, both sides are laying it all out on the line, everything they got, strait up trying to mutilate the opposing side. 
So, I would suggest each clan picking a set in the open, then picking a secret set for the 3 and 4th rounds, and finally, if a last round is needed, go old fashioned and lay it all out on the line with 1.0 100lt. (Not saying you can't take that in an earlier set though.)
This could also be not very good though, since it's best of 5.
There are both positives and negatives to this, and hopefully (V) will be able to sign up for a ManWar in the near future. ('Cuz only real men Clan war, only nubs nubwar).

RuNyoufool

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 01:09:35 am »
Is this sort of a preview to how the Battlecry games will work? I'm not 100% clear on how Battlecry will work yet, but this seems like something that would go hand in hand, from what I heard.
Also, this reminds me of the EWL tourney.  For (V), it was very competitive, and I know I enjoyed it, I think the other members did too. We didn't do too bad in it, either.  ;)

yep, that's exactly what Battlecry is going to try to accomplish.

@spoon: i agree with everything you said, well said. It's good to hear this from someone who has experienced real rivalry in a game. It brings so much more activity to the community as a whole.

Wander

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2007, 05:08:27 pm »
This clanwar system has proven not to work well within the current community. After more than 4 months, we have still had only 1 decent Clan War.

Recently, [Osp] has changed their clanwar system to be a lot like ours. The main differences are these:

#1 There's no 1-week-before plan anymore. In our system, each clan had to agree on date+time and settings at least 1 week before the War. In the Osp system, this doesn't have to be decided in advance.

#2 The War doesn't need to be played all in once. Since it's very hard to have a minimum of 3 players per clan around for 5 rounds, it's often easier to spread a war over more days.

#3 Osp has lengthened the no-cw-period between two clans to 1 month after each War, instead of our 2 weeks.

We in [OwZ] admit that [Osp] has improved the system, and we will not stay behind in this. As of this moment, the [OwZ] Clanwar system works exactly like the [Osp] system, with the exception of point #3 above. After a Clan War, we can challenge a clan again (or be challenged) after 2 weeks.

Hermod

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2007, 05:22:05 pm »
Osps cw is better i think but it should be 2 weeks.

1 week is pretty lame of planning..but its good for OwZ i think..

can u explain 1 thing, 5 rounds is that flamewar or what?

Turma

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2007, 05:39:57 pm »
Osps cw is better i think but it should be 2 weeks.

1 week is pretty lame of planning..but its good for OwZ i think..

can u explain 1 thing, 5 rounds is that flamewar or what?

Sir did you read his post?
Apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Tafka

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 05:43:34 pm »
Yes Go all clans!
Let's all change our clan war system to the one we all want, so each clan can have their own different CW system!!!!!

No, but seriously - why not to discuss together and make the same system, instead of having different systems.
If each clan would make their own, it would go pretty nasty when each clan wants to have it their way.

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 06:51:15 pm »
Tafka have you ever heard about development?

Let me explain how it was here. First there is one kind of cw system, then someone improves it. Now the original developer admits that new thing is better, but they will add something wich developes it even more, but is still compatible with the developed one . Same time they discuss with the ones who developed their system as you see from the post.

Thats the way to build something common. Do you really think that whole LX community would come together with the decision about correct cw system.

In this case its prolly will be very long process wich was started by RIP, was developed by OwZ -> Osp got influenced when same time realizeing that own system wasn't good in the long run.

It's already much that 3 respected old clans are driving this kind of change. Eventually there will be new general cw system. I am hoping that in near future LXA alliance would use it's power(If there is some power in it?) and allied clan's would think carefully, why those 3 old clans have come to decision that cw's needs to change.

Wander

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2007, 04:44:35 pm »
Thanks for calling us and comparing us to RIP and Osp on our first birthday MiLeC, we love you too! :-*
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything