Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Racecar Red  (Read 17153 times)

TeddyKGB

Re: Racecar Red
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 11:21:39 am »
Yey I get to doublepost!!!

New versions of some songs are uploaded on our myspace at www.myspace.com/racecarred
For thoose who know which song Shrimp is, we made it extra delicious!!

Take a listen!

Cheers

Quaqa

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 05:56:58 pm »
WAAAAAAAA I soo love the song!!!!! and the new version is even better :o :o :o

guys you got some real talent  ;)

TeddyKGB

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 11:29:04 am »
Thank you. I'm glad you liked it.
Cheers

TeddyKGB

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 11:29:21 pm »
It doesen't seem to be so many of you that care but i write this anyway

It's been a good week for my band. Artrocker Magazin in England emailed us and told us that they like us.
They played us on the radio in England and now they want us too come and play on Artrocker club at Buffalo Bar in London. This will happen after april i think. The band Load.Click.Shoot will also arrange a gig with us in London when  we'll make our trip to there.

Also for thoose in sweden or thoose who can read Swedish: We are now in Groove Magazin which is the biggest musicmagazin in sweden. We did send them our demo and they liked us so thoose who subscribe on the magazin will get a mixed-cd with 10 topical artist, one of them is us.  You can also get just the magazin for free in different stores all over the country
Groove wrote kinda little about us.  Mostly about our song. But anyway: A big step forward for my band this week.

Also We recorded 3 brand new songs yesterday, we're not completely done with them but they'll probably come up on our myspacepage sometime soon wich is www.myspace.com/racecarred as you probably already know :)

Thats it for now, I will update this if anything new will come up for thoose who cares :)

Cheers

Flaw

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 11:36:39 pm »
Nice going Teddy!
Remember us when you get rich and famous.
Not really to that type of music but good luck anyways. ;)
"I'm a ****ing starship. I'm allowed to cheat." -  The Arbitary

Spectro

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 11:51:55 pm »
You fellas are fantastic. I really like the raw vintage sound- it blends perfectly with the old school organ thing. If you get up with a good producer, he/she could definitely refine and mix everything so it sounds finished without taking out the 'rawness'. ****ing ace keys... they add so much to your songs. Reminds me of some Ocean's 11 & 12 soundtracks.

TeddyKGB

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2008, 12:20:35 am »
Thank for the kind words, I'm really glad you liked it. What kind of bands do you usually listen too?

Spoon

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 05:05:54 am »
I'm curious, what do you do in this band? Which instrument, or is that you singing?

I want to congratulate you on getting somewhere with this. It's pretty awesome that you guys are getting gigs booked in foreign countries. It's also really nice to listen to how much you guys have progressed, musically. I just read a post I put in when you first posted this thread.. listening now, I hear most songs currently on the Myspace have really branched out, your songwriting has come on a lot.

Some of them I think are too short.. some of the songs just beg for a fat middle section to drag the songs into really climatic endings.. But maybe I've been listening to too much Radiohead lately :D

Really good stuff. I'd put this stuff in my music library. :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 05:14:28 am by Spoon »

Spectro

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2008, 05:31:12 am »
Thank for the kind words, I'm really glad you liked it. What kind of bands do you usually listen too?

I have a taste for a bit of everything really. Off the top of my head there's a few to stand out though. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Weezer, Franz Ferdinand, Foo Fighters, Sublime, Cold Play, Muse, Jimi Hendrix, The Strokes, The Faint, Radiohead, Blink 182, The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, etc. etc. etc...

And that's probably a nice chunk of the rock portion of my 60GB library =P

Purplehaze

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2008, 06:44:39 am »
Really nice stuff you got on there, my favorite is The Killer. Good job putting your stuff on Myspace, one of the best sites for music IMO. Whenever I am looking for a band someone tells me about or just new music, I go to Myspace. One question, are Simon, Joel, and Anton all brothers?

TeddyKGB

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2008, 11:29:09 am »
Thank you. It makes me really glad to see that you like our stuff.
I'm curious, what do you do in this band? Which instrument, or is that you singing?
I play the bassguitar and sing, not that much thou, choir mostly.

Some of them I think are too short.. some of the songs just beg for a fat middle section to drag the songs into really climatic endings.. But maybe I've been listening to too much Radiohead lately :D
Hehe ye we hear that alot. The most imoporant rule we have while making a song is that it can't be longer than 3 minutes :)
Maybe wonder why?
We often see alot of new bands making their song longer just by putting outfilling crap in it, this is nothing we want.
Just to make them aggressive, intensive and effective.
Although I know we would be able to do them longer without making the songs worse but we want to stick to our motto.

@spectro
You got a good taste of music i think, I've been a big fan of RHCP since I was a kid. Flea on bassguitar have been my idol and one of the reasons I startat playing bass. Saw them live in Stockholm in December 2006, it was awsome.
The strokes and Franz Ferdinand is something I listen to sometimes, mostly the strokes.

Have you ever heard Forward Russia?  I think you might like them :)
I'm listening mostly on bands like Test Icicles, Forward Russia, Help she can't swim, My sister the cop and other similar bands.

Really nice stuff you got on there, my favorite is The Killer. Good job putting your stuff on Myspace, one of the best sites for music IMO. Whenever I am looking for a band someone tells me about or just new music, I go to Myspace. One question, are Simon, Joel, and Anton all brothers?

Thank you. Yeah we can thank myspace alot, without the site we wouldn't have come as far as we have by now.
Ye Simon Anton and Joel are all borthers :)

You know, in the beginning there was only three in the band, later on we understood that the songs would be better with 2 guitars so we let Simons little brother join in on drums. This guy is the best drummer I know and he's just 15 so he's got alot potential.
And not so long ago we took in Joel on synth. which also made the songs better and more eccentric.

Thanks and Cheers

« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 11:30:44 am by TeddyKGB »

miri

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2008, 12:53:09 pm »
Wow, that's nice!
[Cop] miri

Quaqa

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2008, 03:11:42 pm »
dude I love your songs  :o
I know I said it before but what ever XD
really good chose to make it more eccentric =)

shrimp and 1 is my favorites  :P

and good to see that is goes forward for the band  ;D 

TeddyKGB

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 09:37:30 am »
I'm glad to hear that you like our songs.
I will let you all know if get new songs up on our myspace.
Thanks and cheers

Xandoz

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 10:08:53 am »
It sounds really good :) I like 1 the best. So keep on playing, this turn into something really nice :P :)

Code

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 03:14:39 pm »
Great Music, i really like your songs  :)
where can i get this Groove Magazin?  ;)

TeddyKGB

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2008, 12:08:37 pm »
Thank you.
You can read the groove magazin at their website www.groove.se and then click on the magazin on the front page.
Also you can get it in stores all over Sweden, as I said before.

We are working with the new songs right now. I will update here when they come up.

Cheers

TeddyKGB

Racecar Reds UK miniTour
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 01:43:21 pm »
So this is it. In august we will go to the Uk for a mini-tour

This is the places that we will play at and the dates.

12 Aug 2008 20:00   Buffalo Bar:Club Artroker  London
13 Aug 2008 20:00   The Double Handclaps  Torquay
14 Aug 2008 20:00   Dublin Castle London
15 Aug 2008 20:00   Hectors Live Brighton
19 Aug 2008 20:00    Hopefully at Rhythm Factory London

I will post here again if something changes.
also when our new songs are uploaded on our myspace.

take care
Cheers

Sebbe

« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 03:06:38 pm »
That's too cool to even be true! Nice going!

Btw,have you done any new songs since last time you reported in here? ;)

TeddyKGB

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2008, 03:57:33 pm »
Thanks

Ye we have, we have recorded them too. Just have to mix them before we upload them on our myspace.
I will let you now here then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up