Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C&C V1.1 & C&C V1.2 Beta Thread  (Read 3542 times)

da_nick

C&C V1.1 & C&C V1.2 Beta Thread
« on: February 25, 2007, 08:45:47 am »
C&C V1.1

Well after quite some time in the dark I have finally finnished the new version of my C&C mod. There have been quite a few big fixes and I have even removed that annoying beep from the beacons.
Here is the filebase link to download the mod:

Download Mirror 1
Download Mirror 2

C&C V1.2 BETA

If you would like to try out the latest beta of the C&C mod please click here

Btw here's the mod description:

This mod is themed at the Tiberian Dawn series of Command & Conquer. It features weapons from the puney minigun to the devistating Nuke. Please read the readme file included with this download.

I welcome all comments.
Please post any comments\suggestions\questions here.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:37:00 am by da_nick »

Bad speling should be punnished!

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!

crusader

Re: C&C Mod V1.1!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 09:22:25 am »
link not found

druFF

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 09:46:11 am »
yap. link wont work

Tafka

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:47:34 am »
there are ... because of that.. it's shortened url. :P

da_nick

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:41:01 am »
Ok i have no idea why that link was shortened, But i have added a new mirror that works this time. Make sure you post your comments about thids mod here
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 05:51:03 am by da_nick »

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!

da_nick

C&C V1.2 BETA NEEDS TESTING
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 06:20:04 am »
Hey

I have been working on a less system resource heavy version of my C&C mod. I now require some people to test it to see if it is more playable than 1.1.
Some of the changes are:

Less needless explosions
Ion and Tiberium sun use less projectiles
Ion cannon uses less projectiles

Please download from  the link below:

Mirror 1

Remember to post your comments on this mod here

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!

RuNyoufool

Re: C&C V1.2 BETA NEEDS TESTING
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 05:15:01 pm »
topic merged. please edit topic start if necessary.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Tafka

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 09:55:16 pm »
I could test it, but think of a better name.
C&C does not attract people.

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 10:14:39 pm »
I could test it, but think of a better name.
C&C does not attract people.

C&C is short for Command and Conquer which is a real time strategt game series, C&C sure sounds better for a LieroX mod than the full name.

I've already downloaded it, I'll test it soon ^^
I love the game series!

crusader

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:23:37 pm »
well.. its a . cool mod, but there's nothing new in it. I've seen all those weapons before and .. blabla.. anyway.. it seems like you worked on that one, respect for that..

mr.moocky

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 12:19:13 am »
I played this at 20lt, this is what I found:

Ion cannon beacon is completely useless in compairison to the air strike beacon, nuke beacon, and the Personal ion canon.
Chem missile is to slow, and explosion sounds like a fart.
Laser rifle isnt a rifle.
Chem spray is useless in compairison to flamethrower, also sound is anoying.
when the nuke becon falls, the nuke image hits to the left of the target, yet the actual nuke is in the centre of the target (if you got hit by the falling nuke, it looks like you got hit by nothing, and it looks like th nuke is beside you.):

All i did was aim up, fire, and not move. the nuke looks like it falls to the left, but the explosion starts at the centre.
The rocket launcher is useless compared to the chem missile
It would be cool if the c4 bomb counted down instead of just saying c : 4
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 12:21:39 am by mr.moocky »

da_nick

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 06:24:14 am »
well.. its a . cool mod, but there's nothing new in it. I've seen all those weapons before and .. blabla.. anyway.. it seems like you worked on that one, respect for that..

I don't see any mod that has a gun like ion sun or tiberium sun anywhere. Those two weapons took ages to make.

I played this at 20lt, this is what I found:

Ion cannon beacon is completely useless in compairison to the air strike beacon, nuke beacon, and the Personal ion canon.
Chem missile is to slow, and explosion sounds like a fart.
Laser rifle isnt a rifle.
Chem spray is useless in compairison to flamethrower, also sound is anoying.
when the nuke becon falls, the nuke image hits to the left of the target, yet the actual nuke is in the centre of the target (if you got hit by the falling nuke, it looks like you got hit by nothing, and it looks like th nuke is beside you.):

All i did was aim up, fire, and not move. the nuke looks like it falls to the left, but the explosion starts at the centre.
The rocket launcher is useless compared to the chem missile
It would be cool if the c4 bomb counted down instead of just saying c : 4

Ok.

The ion cannon beacon is weak however i have increased it's damage in an unreleased version.

The chem missile explosion was taken from Command & Conquer so if you have a problem with it you can take it up with westwood (If they hadn't been taken over by ea).

I Will change the name of the laser rifle and as i aggree with you (any suggestions)?

The chem spray does almost the same damage as the flame thrower and it cuts through dirt really well. And yes, I aggree that it does move too slow. I will fix that asap.

And as for the nuke beacon i haven't been ab;e to ever find a fix for that. If you look at the graphic it is just a missile with no clear gaps anywhere in the image. I believe that this is just a problem with liero.

As for the Rocket launcher I will look into increasing damage and making it more useful.

The c4 bomb's graphic was just taken directly from the C&C graphics file and i really didn't think about doing that but now that you mention it it actually does sound like a good idea. The next version will also see a countdown of 3 seconds for the c4 rather than 5.

Thank you for that. I will look into some fixes.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 06:28:38 am by da_nick »

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!

Spectro

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 06:48:36 am »
The artillery is like a souped up mortar. Beautifully done splash effect too.

I really gotta hand it to you for excersizing creativity with this mod. Great to see new particle systems outside of the norm like your ion weapons. I think you could do better with the chemical weapons and probably balance damages a little more, but aside from the insignificant things it looks like your mod's off to a juicy start.

Quote from: Anubis
C&C is short for Command and Conquer which is a real time strategt game series, C&C sure sounds better for a LieroX mod than the full name.

Agreed, C&C sounds fine for a mod to me. Tafka, maybe a little less on the critical side for our new developer friend? One of the largest discouragements a developer can experience is when their hard work is pushed aside by biased criticism. Try to keep yourself open and positive here :-*

da_nick

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 03:46:32 am »
Agreed, C&C sounds fine for a mod to me. Tafka, maybe a little less on the critical side for our new developer friend? One of the largest discouragements a developer can experience is when their hard work is pushed aside by biased criticism. Try to keep yourself open and positive here :-*

Hold on, new developer!? Lol I've been moding for about two years now. It is just that I paused a little on working on the C&C mod to do some other mods. I started work on it about 1 1/2 years ago.

Just to mention that i'm also lined up to write the new lxe mod script format :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 03:52:02 am by da_nick »

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!

AnubisBlessing

Re: C&C V1.1 & C&C V1.2 Beta Thread
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 01:19:52 pm »
I played the mod, and tested all the weapons.
Graphically it's great, and the weapons are fun.
The only things I'd like to see changed are some weapons that do too much damage. I'm not a great fan of one hit kills. I understand the nuke being so, but weapons like the artillery, napalm, and the rocket launcher could be a bit weaker. Also, the flamer is immensely strong and kills almost instantly. Apart from those, there are a few new types of weapons. I like how the minigun bullets are not affected by gravity, and the tiberium field weapon so I think this could develop into a good mod ;>

Keep up the good work!

da_nick

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 08:33:30 pm »

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!

Data

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2007, 10:31:52 am »
C&C, means Command & Conquer? :P

AnubisBlessing

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2007, 11:58:47 am »
As it is written in the first post of this thread:
This mod is themed at the Tiberian Dawn series of Command & Conquer

I do believe so, yes...

Muu 36

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 08:36:32 am »

And as for the nuke beacon i haven't been ab;e to ever find a fix for that. If you look at the graphic it is just a missile with no clear gaps anywhere in the image. I believe that this is just a problem with liero.

LieroX wants it GFX in squares, if not bugs will apper. Fixed missile

da_nick

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 05:55:21 am »

LieroX wants it GFX in squares, if not bugs will apper. Fixed missile

Yea that is what i did already to fix it but thanks anyway

Twitter RSS
SUBSCRIBE!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything