Trick or Treat v0.4 – 100lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Australia, The Future?  (Read 10863 times)

AppleNinja

Australia, The Future?
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:44:19 pm »
Alot of upcoming scary, but also terrible events have said to be coming/or have came in Australia. Some as such as these: Global Warming, Stage 4 DROUGHT and a few more. The biggest threat and terror would be the Drought. As said most on the news "Save Water", which not many people do. Now Australia is about to head into the worst drought stage they have ever been in, in history. It is said that if we keep living they way we do we shall have almost 10% Water supply left by March this YEAR. If we wish to keep living they way we do, we must OBEY, (not disobey) the rules of the government. These will be stricked if stage 4 falls upon us, including if you get seen doing something, like washing your car or watering your garden, you will get fined ALOT of money, when i say ALOT i mean it. Dont take this as a joke.

One of the Second Biggest threats, not just to Austalia but to the rest of the world, Global Warming will be coming our way, very very soon. Water levels have already begun rising, and people dont give a damn on how much green-house gas they use. (When you talk WORLDWIDE its HEAPS) Hopfully no tidal waves are set off to any countries, or Islands coasts.

I also forgot to mention Obesity, Australian has one of the BIGGEST recorded histories of obesity in the world! This is bad because:
More Diseases
More Deaths
More Fatter Generations
And many more worse cases. This is why, i have taken a healthy food diet, that i made myself. You can follow this if you want but i challenged myself to:
1 Glass of milk a day at least
3 Bowls of Cereal
5 Veges
3 Fruits
Meat every 2 or 3 days
Treats, only sometimes
And to top it all off HEAPS of running

Im lucky, im not fat or anything, but i am still going to look after myself just incase. I also brush my teeth alot more often than i use to, and i take showers conveniently for 2 minutes. I will also increase my living age by maybe up to 30 years! Im only 13 so i still have a long WAY to go in life. I would post a picture of me if i could, but for privacy reasons, i cant and wont. (Not to bragg, but its no wonder i have 5 girls on me already ;) :D)
[Hax]Real Sig Coming Soon[/HAX]

For now it's just these boring old sentences.
Look Down to see something Cool...
Look One Bar up for something Cool-er...

Exigo

Re: Australia, The Future?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:59:42 pm »
The way you are thinking is in the right direction :), but to tell you tjhe truth, do the finlanders and other euorpean people really care?? I care, since i live in Australia. Australia is one of the only countries that havent signed that Global Warming thing, so right now tell John Howard this stuff.

Obeisity. Well, ill give a example. Chinese peolpe in china... eat A LOT more than how much Australians eat (since the food is cheaper :) and imo better) ... But why do australians all get fat??? Its very confusing, maybe australian peoples body have low metabolism?? I raelly dont think ure diet will appeal to most fat australians.. But the way you are thinking is very good :)

Have you watched the movie, The Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore? It will appeal to you. It Shows graphs and such on how Global Warming is affecting the world.

Ure 13 and you think like this already ;), i admire that haha,  Goodluck telling your message to the world, Likely they wont give a ****.

Ride a bike to work instead of a car.. Think the fatties will do that   ;)

sharsh

• Super duper lag shield 150.0. dont even try to kill me, ill just eat your bullets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +20/-6
  • 1166 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To sharsh
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:16:10 pm »
yea the droughts bad. lucky for where i live, its been raining for about 3 days now. So it shows promise but, I'm pretty sure that we will be back in a drought in the next few weeks. i read somewhere that, theres been more natural disasters theys few years, or maybe someone told me it who knows, but anyways who's to say that the natural disasters haven't been caused by polotion and global warming? but I'm not an expert on the matter, or for that fact know barley anything so, on the note im going to shut my mouth about it.

for Obesity i think theres 3 people to blame. the obese person for not trying to change and eat healthy, there parents for allowing it to get so out of hand. and imo parents that lets there child eat unhealthy and not do some form of exercise shouldn't be a parent, and the government for not forcing the schools to have daily exercise. But w.e i dont know much about that ether

The way you are thinking is in the right direction :), but to tell you tjhe truth, do the finlanders and other euorpean people really care?? I care, since i live in Australia. Australia is one of the only countries that havent signed that Global Warming thing, so right now tell John Howard this stuff.
thats only because johnny is to incompetent to run a country so he just follows the americans
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 01:18:51 pm by sharsh »

AppleNinja

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:18:14 pm »
Well sure, but I would answer your question Exigo, You asked Why do Australians get fatter the Europeans or something, correct? Well if you did, its because most kids in Australia are couch pottatoes, and sit on the ass all day, and do nothing but play games and eat junk. They have themselves and there parents to blame. I dont see why the government doesn't care, only this phonie chef called Jamie Olivar does, but to tell you the truth, he actually doesn't give a hoot! He is just trying to look good throughout the Commonwealth of Australia.

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 02:40:56 pm »
what's so bad with more deaths, there need to be more deaths than new human beings for a while if we are to survive another 1000 years due to overpopulation.

And Aussies aren't that fat compared to the rest of the world.
Asians aren't fat statistically.
And people are getting fatter beacuse a human being isn't designed to have an unlimited supply of food. And for example mc Donalds might have some affect on peoples densities*, but still it isn't possible to blame those who are selling the food if you get fat.
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

AppleNinja

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 02:44:11 pm »
what's so bad with more deaths, there need to be more deaths than new human beings for a while if we are to survive another 1000 years due to overpopulation.

And people are getting fatter beacuse a human being isn't designed to have an unlimited supply of food. And for example mc Donalds might have some affect on peoples densities*, but still it isn't possible to blame those who are selling the food if you get fat.

Did i say you should blame the people who sell you the food? And actually, Obesity in Australia is one of the largest recorded histories in the world of obese people, havnt you read the newspaper and seen the ads?

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 03:48:25 pm »

Did i say you should blame the people who sell you the food? And actually, Obesity in Australia is one of the largest recorded histories in the world of obese people, havnt you read the newspaper and seen the ads?

I never said that you said.

And yes I've read the newspaper but why on earth do you belive that there would be any articles about fat people in Australia, here  in Finland. There are already enough fat people in Finland so why would the newspapers write anything Australias fattys.
And Aussie wasn't on the top 5 list of fattest countries this year, not here atleast.

And now how do you get fat??
Well your body needs energy, you get energy by eating. A grow up male needs about 3000 kcalories/day. So if you eat more than 3000 kcalories, the energy is stored in your body = "you get fat".

And don't get tricked by all those "eat this ice-cream with only 0.0001% fat so that you won't get fat". You can eat only oranges and you'll still get fat, if you get more energy than you use.

And the human body needs fat, but exessive intake of fat results in high blood pressure.

And about Kurt's post:
   We won't get rid of our technology just like that, as people wouldn't survive that well, simply beacuse we're addicted to our technology. And that give up everything thinking is far from a "statistic" humans tinking as well we are fond of the easy life, aren't we. So it will never revert back without a major catastrophe, something like a meteor crashing into the Earth or a pandemian which would wipe out 99,99999999% of the earths population.

Bicycles > cars,mopeds, motorbikes, but people want to get to their jobs the easiest possible way which often is by car.

And also about our overpopulated world. The main reason to it is thanks to technology, almost everyone survives even though they have no limbs, they still survive.
So if it would work the natural way, there wouldnt be such problems as overpopulation, as only the strongest survives in the nature, the weak ones would just die away.

*Gyogyi*

• AoG sucks compares to Osp, I know it, but I just act like AoG is better. I also have a crush on Bart.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +37/-4
  • 2593 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To *Gyogyi*
  • Jordy and myself in August--RETIRED
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 06:32:03 pm »
According to the first post, Yes Ive  read about int somewhere a few months ago :). Well You really should care about that. And yea the amount of the water, that is under the desert in Australia is not enough, or not regenerating enough fast. But I'm not wondering on it, if it happens often, 50% of the put up water goes spoiles simply into the desert. I dont know how much do you know about the stystem, which regenerates the water is  under the desert belt you have. But a good point would be to read something about it :)And everyone should take it seriously.
Its something like big Oil Companies buy the new technologies, Like electric autos, or other good devices, which could make our fossil fuel using rate lower. Why are they doing it? Just because They would like to get as much money as possible from selling the fossil fuels.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007, 06:37:13 pm by *Gyogyi* »
-
create your own brute here: http://kicsidzsiii.mybrute.com  (by this u also help me:)

Streetballer

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 06:59:30 pm »
Land down under

Last year we talked about your country in our English lessons ( not the whole year, something like 20- 30 lessons). My English teacher lived in Australia, in Melbourne for 5 years. He used to be the sport teacher there. From that what he has told us, the situation in your country does not look as "bad" as you said. I don't say it's perfect, because I never was there, but almost every country nowadays has problems. My friend went aboard there this year, when she comes back I hope to get some fresh information from the first hand. The fact that your country is huge and has a little population, with many overseer's isn't really a problem. The same thing happend America before, Germany and begins in my lovely East Countires too.

According to the obesity. It's a problem of the whole world not only the land down under. My advice is, go to the fitness center/gym and you will get rid of your fat very fast.

Oxygen

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 08:26:22 pm »
I did'nt read everyone elses posts so I don't if it's been said.

I am  New Zealander so your droughts (sure thats not a game?) effect us to. I will explain via this flow chart.

Drought in Australia--->Busfires--->Smoke blows across Tasmin--->Polloutes our snow and atmosphere.

So as you can see these droughts are annoying, the the sun is just a hazey form lieing lazily behind a veil of Australian smoke. All In all not much you can do about really.

Global warming, I really don't get the bloody big deal with this. For gods sake is everyone in the world so stupid that they don't think of floating cities? And besides a whole in the ozone is situated right over New Zealand so if the suns radiation's gonna crash through anywhere it's above my head......

Obesity: Really I don't know much about this topic, but your diet sounds weird. That diet you have makes you eat less that I do and im freaking anorexic. 1 GLASS OF MILK A DAY? WHAT DO YOU LIKE HAVE A COW SHORTAGE OVER THERE TOO?

Exigo

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:22 am »
Water is getting smaller... Bushfires getting hotter...
Electricity powergrid got cut out by fires...
Damn it...
As for obesity its all those Asian's coming over... You know how fat they are...
They come from china then its like WOW AUSSIES ARE FAT!!! Then those fat slugs become aussies...
(No offence or anything to you asians out there...)
P.S. Other countries don't care Term...

what the ****???? go to your school, see how many asians are fat. Then look at how many australian kids are fat. You will answer your own question. Ever seen a Indian as fat as a Australian? Think about it.

(No offence or anything to you asians out there...)
YOU asians out there??? oh please.... I dont know how you can tihnk this way, maybe it was how you grew up, i treat aussies with the same respect as everyone else on the planet, except kurt ;). Its amazing you can call asians "fat slugs", when the most people fat in Australia.... ARE White Anglo Saxons.

Benno, Australia ranks as the Second most obeise country, first is America i think. BUt according to you. you said that it wasnt in the top list... strange xD
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:24:19 am by Exigo »

AppleNinja

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 02:41:22 am »

Krayonaise

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 04:34:41 am »
You know, obesity isn't that bad... it's slowly solving our overpopulation problems. And a "nice" way of doing it too! People are eating to death...who doesn't want that? (Besides "Snu snu" [reference: futurama])

LOL +1 to Legend for calling the average Asians fat. Wow...ignorance...stupidity...idiocy...bais....you name it, he's got it!

Oh noes at global warming. We're slowly gonna get warmer and have more time to spend in warm temperatures near a sunny warm beach that's 1 cm higher than normal. (Did i forget to say the water will be warm and nice too?)

@die-hard environmentalists: What is pheasible? Asking everyone to stop using cars all at once (technically almost of technology) or ask them to do it little by little which at the rate the population is expanding and urbanizing, won't matter at all because GLobal Warming will already screw us over.

@healthy-freaks (mean this in a good way): What's more enjoyable? Eating casually and living a life which has a fate UNDECIDED by yourself or living a life eating a strict diet which has a fate UNDECIDED by yourself? Eating healthy and living longer is a common misconception but I think Kurt knows that. If people choose to abuse their bodies, let them...who are we to care? Just cuz buses are getting more crowded, streets seem relatively smaller, the overweight nations are causing cities to sink, classrooms seem relatively smaller, a small little number located on 1 page in a 1000 page book starts increasing, and more food resources are used to feed fat people than thin malnourished people, who are we to stop people from doing it?

Well, that's my 2 cents of ignorance!
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Krayonaise

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 04:51:49 pm »
The whole point of my post was to tell you people that humans are imperfect and whatever they do will always be a piece of shit on the face of the planet.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Exigo

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2007, 12:50:44 am »
amen to that

Benn0

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 08:04:07 am »
Ok nvm my comments...
I was just hypo back then xD
Obesity - Not much of a problem... Just watch what you eat...
Lack of Water - To many people in Australia and the land can't support them..
Global Warming - Out of site = Out of mind! Better stay that way xD

Obesity is one of the major problems today, and it's easy for you to say "watch what you eat" so I doubt you are fat by saying that. I don't think Obesity would be a problem if it was that easy for  obese people to lose weight.
But imagine yourself carrying around with an extra 150 kg and eat about 8000 kcalories aday, and you've done it your whole life, do you think it would be easy to change your happits just like that? note* your weight = >200 kg

Btw compared to undernourishment, obesity is a larger problem as there are more overweighted people than undernourished in this world.

Magni

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2007, 12:54:08 pm »
You know, obesity isn't that bad... it's slowly solving our overpopulation problems. And a "nice" way of doing it too! People are eating to death...who doesn't want that? (Besides "Snu snu" [reference: futurama])

LOL +1 to Legend for calling the average Asians fat. Wow...ignorance...stupidity...idiocy...bais....you name it, he's got it!

Oh noes at global warming. We're slowly gonna get warmer and have more time to spend in warm temperatures near a sunny warm beach that's 1 cm higher than normal. (Did i forget to say the water will be warm and nice too?)

@die-hard environmentalists: What is pheasible? Asking everyone to stop using cars all at once (technically almost of technology) or ask them to do it little by little which at the rate the population is expanding and urbanizing, won't matter at all because GLobal Warming will already screw us over.

Yes, obesity leads to earlier death, but they die slowly so alot of money is used to keep them alive alittle longer.

Well, the water level will rise alot more than 1 cm once the glaciers starts melting, And when to permafrost in Siberia melts alot of methane will be released from the peat bogs there, which will increase the global warming even more.

Also the climate in Skandinavia will become alot cooler, almost like in Siberia, becuse the Gulf Stream will get weaker/disappear

squarecirclehair

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2007, 02:50:30 pm »
Australia, F***ed Up?

As a fellow Australian, living in Melbourne, i can clearly see that we are headed in the wrong direction, as a country.

Water: We have no water, we are just lapping up the shallow remains of our resovoirs. Reducing the amount of water does not fix this problem - the levels of water are still decreasing. We need desalinisation plants or something.

Obesity: Currently we're the third fattest country in the world. Behind Greece, and guess who... When I was younger my dad underwent heart surgery something around 5 bypasses. I look at the photos and I know it was because of his weight and diet. Now he's on a really good diet, our whole family is. Fortunately, my dad's doctor found out about his heart before something serious happened. But so many die decades before they should because they aren't exposed to the consequences before it is too late.

Drugs: We screw with drugs a lot, - and they screw with our heads. In Australia, we have a real problem with drugs, alcohol included. No joke.

Financial Problems: Nearly a trillion dollars of debt between 20 million ppl (population includes children). Self-explanatory.

Indigenous People: The situation with Aboriginal Australians is a disgrace and we should be ashamed that they die 20 years before white people do. And politicians ignore the problems.

Arts: (almost) Every time I read an Aussie book, watch an Aussie movie, see an Aussie theatre production, I wanna spew.

So that leaves us with sport...which we're pretty good at.  :D So everything's gonna be ok.

A good friend will bail you outta jail

Your best friend will say "That was f***in' awesome"

MrSandman

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 03:43:46 am »
First of all...I would like to say that I am completely offended when you guys talk about my Chinese/Asian people like that...>.> Just kidding, I do make fun of my own race.

But seriously, the fattest place on Earth right now would be the US...sad to say...but it is true. We have movies talking about fatness. >.> Besides...why do you think McDonalds took away supersize? xd

Anyways...the majority of Chinese people...if not East Asian...are skinny. Do you know why? It is not because of fast metabolism (like here in America), it is because they do not eat. Do you no why they dont eat? Because they have to be stupid enough to be Communist and leave almost everyone there to be poor. I know what those streets are like...its not a great sight to see...I get sad when I remember the people who lived in the poor streets of places in places in East Asia such as China, Taiwan, and Vietnam. They eat a lot because food is the most important thing to for survival for them. Is it wrong to use money to buy food instead of using that money to try and get shelter to live it? Is it wrong that many people who are lucky enough to built a house out of wood and metal scraps to go do their restroom business outside on the side of the dirt road because they cant have a real bathroom or outhouse? I speak from what I have seen with my own eyes...So I ask next time you talk about something...please dont refer to Asians XD Just an opinion.

Australia seems like a really beautiful place. Not that I've ever been there before, but I've seen pictures and videos and whatnot. It would be a shame that people do not listen to the government which makes them have to enforce a new law or something. I mean this isn't only going to happen in Australia, its gonna soon spread around the world. So for those people who are actually try to help save Australia...to help save the world, godspeed =D As for those people who just dont give a crap? Come to my house and I have a bullet with your name on it. =.='' Just kidding...but those people should still care...bastards...Anyways..I wish Australia a big Good Luck =D
[1st] - Reborn. Calling all old members. Contact me. =D

mr.moocky

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 05:11:32 am »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything