Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: {spz} Xav's Guide to Gusanos  (Read 10535 times)

X4VI3R

{spz} Xav's Guide to Gusanos
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:06:56 pm »
Gusanos for Noobs: I thought it was pretty cool.
(A clone of Liero)

Advantages/Interesting Things:
    Very balanced but leathal weapons - Lives are fast and the better players clearly get ahead.
    Main style of combat is Deathmatch, not elimitation - Some people may say this sucks, but it really eliminates camping and promotes agression.
    BOUNCE PADS and surfaces that you can get enourmous speed running off of.
    In my opinion better written for gameplay (I got ~500 FPS in game, ~1020 in the starting menu *My friend with a sick comp reached ~3000)
    Health bar.
    Many more consel command. (Changelevel_"XXXXXX") and such incouding ban, kick, gravity, teams, and controls in console.
    THE ****ING GRAVITY GUN BABY! Best part of the game in my opinion. You can catch bombs, larpas, and bazukas and shoot them back, or hold a worm in place and watch them squirm xD.
    For all you haters out there, you can't combo. (More specifically, you cant hold change weapon while firing, making any kind of combo attamp slow/ineffective)
    Really sick mods are out, like Doom.
    YOU CAN AIM DOWN! - I know why its not necessary in Lx with rope tricks, but its cool, you get used to it.
    Mods have weapons with secondary functions.

Disadvantages:
    Many of the maps kinda look lame. (But on the other hand, they have lvls Poo and Orequary)
    Not a lot of servers because the game has pretty bad opening interface, which is not at all newb friendly. The game itself has sick graphics for liero, but there are no options for controls when you open the game. To do this you have to bind keys in the consel or by opening the Config.cfg File with text and changing the controls "Pretty simple."
    You have to do this with your name too, and I see that some people have multicolored names, but I can't figure that out.
    Unless you bind a key, you are stuck with old school rope: Changeweap + jump for rope. The command to bind is the following: bind E "+P0_CHANGE;+P0_JUMP;-P0_CHANGE"- With the quotations. (<3 quafas)
    I have had some trouble binding left ALT, cus i play with default keys, so i switch to X, if anyone has any info, PM me plz. (I tried LALT, like LCONTROL)

Overall: This game is sick, a good break for those who are burned out on liero, or just want something different. I'm not gonna say its better, but its definatly worth checking out. The console provides for an entirely new perspective on the game, allowing you to change maps and gametypes IN GAME, as well as the features we're already used too. This game almost seems like the future of Liero, EXTREMELY constomizable mod wise, but with a shitty interface which probably has turned away most noobs confused (as in there is no "options" menu, you have to change things as I explained.) I say future not because of the gameplay, which is unique and cool, but because of the host's ability to run dedicated servers, so maybe we could have 24/7 Hosts or something.

**For a look as the sick console commands take a look here: http://comser.liero.org.pl/samuraj/f/commands.html

Hatten

Re: {spz} Xav's Guide to Gusanos
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:23:36 pm »
where to get it?
i couldnt see any download link at that site :P

i hope i havent understand wrong this time ::)
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

X4VI3R

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:25:10 pm »

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 08:10:35 pm »
I tried it once, and like you I just loved the gravity wep.
But it's so focking not userfriendly, it took alot time to figure out the controls and the key to type.
And I never heard of the secondary weapon options or the commands, and I searched for these special effects in the levels, but I couldn't find them..

Nothing for newbies, but since everyone starts as newbie I can hardly imagine a big gusanos community.

Hatten

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 08:13:59 pm »
ye, very cruel against newbies (like me ::))

i like the advantages, but not the disadvantages at all :P, i will stay to lx!
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

Oxygen

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 08:21:05 pm »
ye, very cruel against newbies (like me ::))

i like the advantages, but not the disadvantages at all :P, i will stay to lx!

Same, where else would I find people like you guys? Anyways my computer would explode if I downloaded it......Possibly even get a hernia.....

Exigo

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 11:04:45 pm »
GUsanos is overal, MUCH better than LX.

Lag system is wonderful, modding it can make it become so much better. Gusanos is all about gettng the mods, these mods come with maps, and tus the maps are interactive to the player (if u go to a door the door can automatially open) the graphics in those mods and sounds are so much better.

Theres also single player, but its fhking hard. xD

However downside is, youll need to change everything which is so fhking straight,,. also the format its set out in is so shit

Gaston

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 11:21:26 pm »
Gusanos with lx interface would make me cum in my pants.

anyway, for anyone who finds it interesting, I've talked with the devs, and the good news is that they plan to get rid of the console system, and get a GUI that is more userfriendly. The bad news is that they're rewriting the code again (I lost count on how many times they did that), and the last time I talked with them (in december I think) they hadn't even started, and they think it'll take at least a year to get it overwith. When they're happy with the code, they'll maybe start at making it userfriendly. Apparantly this is because they don't want new people to play the game until it is 100% perfect or something in that direction. That is at least what I have gathered from a few talks.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Exigo

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 11:38:31 pm »
awesome i cant wait till that happens, maybe more LX players would pya gus

X4VI3R

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 01:47:01 am »
Agreed, that would be the ****ing owner of all LX mods. (LX 1.0 and stuff could be easily remade)

anyway, for anyone who finds it interesting, I've talked with the devs, and the good news is that they plan to get rid of the console system, and get a GUI that is more userfriendly.
Nooooooo! I like the console! The ability to change color/name/level/gametype and such in game is GODLY.
All noobs need is an "Options" menu for those sorts of things.

Gaston

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 11:38:29 pm »
Agreed, that would be the ****ing owner of all LX mods. (LX 1.0 and stuff could be easily remade)

anyway, for anyone who finds it interesting, I've talked with the devs, and the good news is that they plan to get rid of the console system, and get a GUI that is more userfriendly.
Nooooooo! I like the console! The ability to change color/name/level/gametype and such in game is GODLY.
All noobs need is an "Options" menu for those sorts of things.

Hmm, I may have worded myself wrong there. I think what I meant to say was that they are planning to add a real GUI so peopl wont have to use the console. Not sure if they're actually gonna get rid of the console. Anyway if you need clarification, you'll find them in the official Liero channel (sometimes the original maker of Liero is there as well. I once said hi to him :O ), I belive that the channel #Liero you want to use is in the quakenet server. But not 100% sure though.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything