Trick or Treat v0.4 – 100lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Smoking good or bad  (Read 15330 times)

|2JM| Boeddha

Smoking good or bad
« on: November 02, 2006, 12:40:37 am »

Magni

Re: Smoking good or bad
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 08:00:15 am »
Tbh, I think that smoking is REALLY stupid. 

I don't know about the Netherlands, but atleast in Finland the government spend alot more money on healthcare for smokers, that suffers from lungcancer and/or other disease caused by smoking, than they get from the "smoke taxes"

Asrack

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 08:20:10 am »
I think its horrible. Mostly because I used to smoke for a month back about 7 or 8 years ago, because I thought it would be cool. I didn't get addicted to it, just made me sick everytime I tried to fit in. So I decided to give that up. My mother has smoked since I was in the womb though, thtas annoyning. I really hope shes there when I am 30 to 50 years of age as well. Because if she develops something because of this.. I don't know what I would do.

Smoking to me, is horrible, its bad for you, the people around you.

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 12:21:40 pm »
Yes smoking is defintly not a good thing... So why not start burning 5$ bills and injecting desease into yourself <--- As this is the same thing as smoking....
And about the goverment making money on cigaret taxes... well they do spend alot more money keeping peolple with lungcancer- and other decease you get from smoking- alive.
And now as many countries are restricting were you can smoke, well i don't know about The Netherlands but in Finland the new "smoking-law" is applied in the end of this year. And it forbids smoking in any public places soo, and the goverment will probably go further with this soo, well soo you can probalby only some in your own toilett or something....
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Wander

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 02:15:23 pm »
Eventually off course no one will smoke regurlarly anymore, but what of that X-tra money? the government (at least here) cant really miss it, so why still the prize changes? you tell me pls

You give your own answer:
The government gets a percentage of every cigarette, together thats a lot of money. They cant miss that money.
But now, less and less people smoke (*thumb up*), so less cigarettes get sold and the government gets less money. But they want that money, so they just increase the taxes. (*thumb down*)

And about smoking being bad for your health:
I agree with Benno.

Thor

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 02:19:10 pm »
Also if you stop smoking even for one year, you can buy a moped with that money what you saved ;) Also you will safe your life :)

Wander

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 02:19:58 pm »
Also if you stop smoking even for one year, you can buy a moped with that money what you saved ;) Also you will safe your life :)

Yeah... Too bad i dont smoke :-\

Duality

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 02:23:50 pm »
I have to say i were smoking for what a half year untill i mooved to my mother and had to stop.
i didnt get Smokes from anywhere then anymore.
which im now later happy over =)
I usually dont mind when people smoke around me but some times i just hate it , depends on my mood.

Thor

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 08:32:18 pm »
Bart, do you play ice-hockey?

[leke]LemonNinja

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 08:49:01 pm »
i go to the gym 4 times a week 2 hours,

brush my teets 3 times a day

along with that i sometimes smoke some weed and drink some beer

off course i smoke sigarets.

well if thats true then i dont care because who wants to be 90 anyway.

a sigaret is usually a nice way to relax.

1. Going to the gym 4 times a week 2 hours won't save you from getting lungcancer.

2. Brushing your teeth 3 times a day is not good for the health of your teeth :P Maybe they are white after, (cause of yellow       smoke teeth), but if you brush them 3 times a day it attacks the lining on your teeth, and those little thingys (dunno word :P) can easily dig a hole in your teeth.

3. "I prolly live a healthier live than the average human on this planet"

and then comes

along with that i sometimes smoke some weed and drink some beer

off course i smoke sigarets.

:P

4. "well if thats true then i dont care because who wants to be 90 anyway."

Me!!

"a sigaret is usually a nice way to relax."

When you are 90 you will have much more time to relax =P

Oh and by the way, don't take me serious, I'm just a ****ing shit spanky guy who likes do disput with someone =D

Now comes my own opinion:

I don't like smoking. Those who think it helps to get through their life, to get rid of stress with that, should maybe think about living a less-stressy life. I can really live good without cigarets, I really know nicer and healthyfuller ways to relax.
Many people just smoke to be cool. But it isn't that cool in 45 years when the doctor tells you that you got 3 years to life yet.
So I decide not to smoke, I will never start to smoke whatever you may say :P
But if you like smoking, do it, I don't care.
Another thing is, when you are not using a good deodorant or good mint-drops, you stink like hell and your teeth are yellow like a LemonNinja. (I don't want to say that a LemonNinja has dirty teeth!!!!) I would not like to kiss a girlfriend with that smell outta the mouth :P But whatever, think what you want, I don't care :P

Yes, you won't believe it, but that was all :P

« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 08:50:52 pm by [leke]LemonNinja »

When we die we come to a better place... I'll respawn right behind you!

Gaston

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 08:59:07 pm »
k, a few things. The reason the taxes on smoking is so high are for two reasons:
1: to cover all the losses the goverment gets from spending all their health budget on patients with problems from smoking (lung cancer, weak heart etc), and usually the amount of money they get in isn't as big as how much they have to spend on smokers.

2: To make smoking less attractive as nothing good comes from it in the long run both for the person smoking and for the goverment.

You may not want to live until you are 90, but belive it or not, most people do. There are two kinds of old people. The ones who barely move and the ones who are active and healthy. Usually you'll find that the ones who never move are the ones who has smoked or drinked all their life.

While the others you'll find that they have usually lived quite healthy (no excessive smoking, drinking or drug abuse, along with physically active all their life.)

I can understand how you don't want to become a part of the first group, but not how you rather want to be dead instead of becoming a part of the second group.

And I promise you, you may not notice the difference now since you are young, but if you keep on smoking, your fitness will drastically diseappear when you reach 35-40ish compared to people who dosen't smoke. In the short run smoking dosen't ruin your body, but it sure as hell does so in the long run.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Tafka

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 09:05:28 pm »
Haha, Smoking :d
I have never smoked. Even 1 cigarette.
But my grandfather was a big smoker.
He is getting 70 years old in summer and he is very strong and healthy :P
He was smoking since 14 years old. (55 years) and he left smoking last summer becouse he ran out of cigarettes. They are living in countryside and he didn't drive shop to buy new cigarettes. After 5 days he didn't even want cigarettes anymore and he didn't do any smoking after that :) Thats how.

Personally I don't like smoking and I don't like smokers. If I am near a smoker in bus station or somewhere and I smell that smoke I feel bad allready.

Spectro

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 09:29:57 pm »
I'd smoke a hundred joints of marijana before I touch 1 cigarette. There are thousands of chemicals in cigs, the worst of these including nicotine which is addictive. Marijana is a natural plant that has no added chemicals (without lacing) and is not addictive. The buds of marijana also contain only a third of the tar found in cigarettes. There has been one documented lung cancer case from marijuana use. There are more than a million cases of lung cancer caused by cigarette use every year.

Weed > Cigs.

Aerius

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 10:22:22 pm »
i like smoking. and dont have any good reason to stop it..
well, i have tried to stop it, but world is too boring with no smokes, yeh :p

Ruki

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 08:41:52 pm »
Cigaretes and smoking are hell. I wouldn't mind people smoking if they wouldn't include me passively. I ****ing hate smell of jacket, smell of breath, smell of cigaretes. It is awful. In pizza place, on bus station, in school... everywhere life shortening shit. I hope my country soon accepts the law which prevents smoking on public places. I never smoked a cigarete and not planing. Rot in hell those who make me smell their shit. Speaking of this... when I eat and someone lights a cigarete, that is not against the law. Farting isn't against the law either. So I could stand up, go to this smoker and fart directly into him... I wonder if he liked it. Oh yes, and I love it how on parties morons burn your pullover or jacket up. ****ers!

Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 08:58:29 pm »

Smoking = You smell like shit , your teehts are yellowy , yack.
Fitness lows. You get out of breath easily.

You do not have much money , all of 'em goes to smokes.

Theres just no reason to smoke.

Absinthe

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 09:12:59 pm »
Smoking sucks. That's all I have to say.

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 10:00:04 pm »

Smoking = You smell like shit , your teehts are yellowy , yack.
Fitness lows. You get out of breath easily.

You do not have much money , all of 'em goes to smokes.

Theres just no reason to smoke.

Yay, another narrow-minded inexperienced post about smoking.

You smell like shit -
Take a shower

your teehts are yellow-
brush your teeth and use gum

Fitness lows. You get out of breath easily.-
care?

You do not have much money-
get a job then

all of 'em goes to smokes.-
Not if you use it in normal amounts.

Tafka

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 10:09:35 pm »
The money thing is false.
Let's say your a smoker: You have no cigarettes and you have 2 euros in your pocket. You go and buy cigarettes.
Let's say your not a smoker: You have 2 euros in your pocket, you walk by a store and you go inside and buy chips for yourself.

You would just spend it on something else.

Tafka

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 10:16:08 pm »
Quote from: Screams
my point exactly, smoking doesnt affect everyone that much as others. and answer me this: you didnt like your grandfather when he smoked?

Actually I kinda did like him :P My grandfather is very cool *thumbs up* :P
I was allready used to it and I also liked hes smoking pauses while doing hard work. Now they are gone. But he is wealthier after stopping smoking and he is alot fatter, after smoking he wants to eat much more! He sleeps better.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up