Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Punisher for real September 20, 2019, 07:30:42 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: LieroX Fusion Tournament  (Read 18261 times)

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
Re: LieroX Fusion Tournament
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2006, 10:01:32 pm »
Please no, what a loss that'd be!

Tafka

« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2006, 10:10:58 pm »
I can host one game if anyone else don't manage to do it.

Origin

« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2006, 01:15:54 pm »
Since holyboy (Shoju) left, the first wildcard Leon replaces him right?

EDIT:
I'll try to host today and I hope lots of ppl comes online
I will be online somewhere around 21:00 (9pm) GMT +2
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:17:45 pm by Origin »

Absinthe

« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2006, 01:47:51 pm »
Uh, when could MiLeC host? It's been some time already from the day this tourny was released and still no action what so ever. Maybe if Miles can't host, someone could replace him and tell us an ironproof date. Who can't/won't come is just out and replaced by a wildcard. I think that is the key to get this tournament under way. It can seem a bit harsh but it's time to bring out the big guns anyway  :P

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2006, 04:14:16 pm »
Always when I have been msn I have been checking if all from our group are online, it has not happened even once. Well thats tru also that school work + gf is taking almost all my time, so I am pretty rarely even in msn..

But it has been on my mind.

Absinthe

« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2006, 04:16:57 pm »
Just tell an ironproof date and be there.

Tafka

« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2006, 05:51:08 pm »
MileC you could atleast try to arrange the games. Not just checks if all 5 are online at the same time, it happens rarely.

Absinthe

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2006, 06:07:16 pm »
MileC you could atleast try to arrange the games. Not just checks if all 5 are online at the same time, it happens rarely.

That's what i've been telling to MiLeC  ;)

Wander

« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2006, 09:26:14 pm »

Im afraid i missed that.. :'(
 Did you play the round already?

Origin

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2006, 07:14:41 pm »

Im afraid i missed that.. :'(
 Did you play the round already?
No we didn't, cause there were only 2 players online (including all wildcards)...

But I'm trying again next weekend, I'll tell the times later

Hatten

« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2006, 08:08:41 pm »
i quit :-\ :'( :P
cya in another better tourney
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

Cloud

« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2006, 01:09:48 am »
Last time Fierce posted on this thread was October 29th. :\

But anyways, Ill be home all weekend so we will play our games!

Ahmed

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2006, 01:28:43 am »
i quit :-\ :'( :P
cya in another better tourney

hehe one of the reasons our (your former) group couldn't play was because of your bedtime being after I come home from school. Maybe this will make things work better ;) 

guess someone needs to fill in the spot ;)
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Hatten

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2006, 09:09:20 am »
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2006, 11:05:42 am »
glad to help :D

please stop posting useless comments only to annoy other forum members. consider this your last warning before other actions will be taken.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

. f i e r c e . .

« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2006, 11:11:59 am »
I've been watching this thread don't worry :)
Well, as seen this really ain't progressing much. There hasn't been posted playing dates, and I haven't got any PM's from the hosts on the situation or anything else, so really this seems to be another blowout, like was the FB3 tourney also. People just don't seem to really have time, or then they just don't take anything very seriously or don't care. It's a shame since the list of the participants was very promising, and this new concept seemed to also attract attention. But really, if people don't carry the responsibility given, nothing will ever work.

So well, I have to reluctantly and sadly announce this tournament as dead.

I want to thank all you guys who showed interest in making things work. I really appreciate it. I won't mention names though... everybody can sincerely think if this is applies on his part or not.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2006, 11:59:19 am »
sorry to say this, but your expectations have been too high IMO. i have added all folks to msn, but from the beginnning i had the idea that

1. mixing up NA and europe players makes it 3 times more difficult to arrange games.
2. getting 5 specific players in one server at the same time is very hard even without that.
3. having hosts that don't play at the same time means there have to be 6 people available. 

You can blame everyone for not being dedicated enough, but you could've known that this would be hard to accomplish, even when most of the players would have cooperated to their ability. It has been mentioned during the 'progress' of this tournament that having games of 3 players in a best of 3 round with different settings will be a better alternative.

Also, it's easy for you to say others didn't commit, when you didn't have to arrange a match yourself. you could have taken over a bit, and show that your concept could work (or find out how hard it is to arrange)..

Sorry if this all sounds pretty negative, i like the idea of the tourney a lot, but you seem to focus more on the looks of it then on the possibilities to realize such a tournament. Especially when you had a previous experience with setting up such a tourney.

I propose to set up a new tournament, similar to this, but with the changes mentioned above. Put Europeans and NA players together in first round. It could become an official annual LXA tournament, held around the christmas holidays if you are ok with that. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 12:03:32 pm by RuNyoufool »
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Absinthe

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2006, 01:57:50 pm »
To be honest, I didn't see this coming.

I think Run has made some really good points why this tournament didn't work out and why was it so difficul to pull off but jesus, it's Fierce, his tournaments like never die.  :P Im really sorry to see this tournament go, nowdays there are only duel tournaments, im not saying they are not fun but there is no other kind anymore. Oh well, guess I have to deal with the idea that im not going to be the winner of the LieroX fusion tournament  :-X

Anyway, I know you gave it your best shot Fierce, cheers!  :o

Cloud

« Reply #138 on: November 09, 2006, 03:24:43 pm »
I say my group still plays :D, even if it doesn't count. So on Friday or Saturday, if either 3 of any of me, milec, kurt, w.we and origin are online, then we will play. Or if it is Sunday, and there is 3 of us online. what do you think, Origin?

Origin

« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2006, 03:59:42 pm »
Yeah, it's always nice to play with skilled players, even if it doesn't count in any tournament so I guess I'll try to be online on friday and saturday
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up

anything