Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] EVO-AmmoStorage  (Read 5247 times)

. f i e r c e . .

[Level] EVO-AmmoStorage
« on: September 17, 2006, 07:56:07 pm »
After ages without making anything for LX, a bug of inspiration bit me and I wound up with this level. Tried for the first time a "cartoonish" look and eventually the feedback was generally positive, so I decided to make an exception and actually publish something ;)
The level contains dark underground surroundings with manufacturer's logos and crates situated in the infrastructure. Best played with rifle combo. Here's the screenshot:

http://thelobby.altervista.org/lvl.php?sarg=Ammo&sfield=name <- DOWNLOAD (325kb)

Thanks to Osp and e3 for testing and Asrack for the upload.

Any feedback welcome.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 07:51:40 am by ..:: Fierce ::.. »

Wander

Re: [Level] EVO-AmmoStorage
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 07:58:10 pm »
I love it!

No kidding, its a great level. Worthy of being in the next pack in my eyes. I already found some tricks that can be performed, it has great playing, and it looks soo sexy :)

Kurt

• I came here for two things, to kick some ass and to drink some beer, looks like the beer is almost finished.
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +25/-5
  • 550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Kurt
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2006, 08:04:56 pm »
It's a bit too dark on some monitors(mine  ;D)
A few more extra details besides just boxes wouldn't be bad either.
EDIT: a funny thing I have noticed - you seem to have HUGE potential in level making, but all (or at least what I've seen) of your work is rather dull, simple, made in 30minutes etc ;)
I'm sure if you made some big detailed level, everyone would love it  :-*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 08:09:57 pm by Kurt »

Quake

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006, 08:27:02 pm »
Graphically it looks lice. But it looks like it would be terrible game play. No offense dude, but that long vertical tunnel looks like it would be a *****..
True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
- Albert Einstein

mfmr

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 08:51:12 pm »
:O back in business ? :) it looks nice tho

Asrack

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 09:32:38 pm »
Nice level.

6/10. :)
Good job.

Splinky

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2006, 11:26:33 pm »
Great level, the tunnel on the left is hazardous, and yes more objects could be added. On the plus side- Graphics are great, nice a spacious and i like the darkness(personally).
-Pants. Optional.-

RuNyoufool

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2006, 11:51:18 pm »
as of gameplay and movement this level belongs to some of the best levels made, it has a great 'flow'.

Also, replaying it all night it didn't get boring at all, it's full action all of the time, with some spaces where you can fight duels as well. small tunnel adds a nice twist to it, you'll have to be quick in that one.

In the end it's gameplay that counts, graphics IMO are less important. The fact that this level didn't start with a theme means that everything is dedicated to giving great gameplay, and that worked out very well. I'd give this level a 9/10 for gameplay. it's better then levels like ore quarry (which i like as well).
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

. f i e r c e . .

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 06:47:58 am »
-> Magus
Did you actually download and try the gameplay? When tested nobody of the test crew (about 8-9 guys) saw that pipe as a problem. All in all the feedback related to gameplay was positive. But alright, thanks for the feedback.

All in all seems that the only thing the level is lacking is more details. I guess I have lack of imagination, but for this type of level (bunkerish one underground) what details could be possibly added? Now it's time for everybody to shout out their suggestions :D

It's nice that generally the feedback has been positive.

Asrack

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 06:51:17 am »
      The Caves could be held up by wood, like in most mines and underground areas.
      Pipes that supply oxygen and water to people in there.
      Weak rock that you can dig through.
      Some Machines, and maybe a few pick axes to show that something was dug? :P
      Maybe some tables. A few missles, its ammo right? Have a few open crates.

There is a few possible suggestions.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 06:53:28 am by Asrack »

Z01

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 12:01:10 pm »
FIERCY!!

Hola man.
Bout time you came with something new, the last thing I remember form you was the temple of memories :P

Anyway Il give it a shot :)

Trinity

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006, 12:41:47 am »
This level pretty well done. i enjoyed playin it. i wouldnt recommemd mw1.0 morts forit as it could become spam game  :D. I reckon liero1.0 is the best for this level.

One thing..
If there was on thing i could change is just to lighten up the background. But thats my opinion others might like it really dark.

Other than that this level really kicks ass. :) Graphics on it are great. Game play in it is good. My view -  4/5

Great job ;D

Purplehaze

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 12:59:49 am »
i played it and i like it, only problem is it will be played for a couple weeks (if that) and go with all the other forgotten levels. no offense dude, i really like it, and if i could host i would host that level all the time. 8/10

Gaston

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006, 01:42:27 am »
Well, that's the whole basis of GU. Have a select few 15+ months old mods/levels, and ignore anything new and inventive. The only thing we can do about it is to play the level regularly and share it with the whole community and hope it will catch on. Hoping in that, and doing that is soemthing we should do but beliving in that is, at statust quo, the equalient of living in a dreamworld
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

. f i e r c e . .

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006, 03:06:47 pm »
Thanks for the good words guys.

Well, I wouldn't blame anybody else than me if my levels don't go popular. If people like it, they will play and host it - and same goes for the opposite scenario. I'm hopeful, but realistic.

I personally regard an underground place as a dark one, so that explains why the background is so dark ;) When I'll make levels that are based in other places, they will be lighter. I hope you'll like them more.

I'm just curious. Why do you (purplehaze) think the story of this level will go like that? It's positive to see that you say that it will be atleast played :D but I'm eager to know the rest of the story.

Asrack

« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 05:07:17 pm »
Because it happends with almost all nice looking leevls that arnt LieroFacotry or Lamda Bunker, or Castle Strike. ;)

. f i e r c e . .

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 05:24:59 pm »
You know, it's a funny thing... I don't know if many of you remeber but Castle Strike didn't go popular right away. Only after being added to a pack and somebody starting to use mortars in it it went over.

But anyway, yes, I recon that this level ain't the size or even the caliber of those above mentioned. I just hope that some people would find it pleasant to play and who knows, maybe somebody discovers some new setting that will be related to this level :D

Asrack

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 05:33:09 pm »
Indeed, I played it a few times. I'm thinking of adding it to the Super Pack IIIb :p

Purplehaze

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 03:17:19 am »
well, if theres one person that you should want to like ur level, Fierce, that person should be Asrack, since he does the super packs.

Because it happends with almost all nice looking leevls that arnt LieroFacotry or Lamda Bunker, or Castle Strike. ;)
hmm yeah that sounds like an accurate story.

Fierce I would play it all the time, its only a matter of other people having it and wanting to play it.

Asrack

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 03:19:47 am »
Thanks Hze. :P

And yeah, its an awesome level. :)

I'm working on a Super Pack 3B right now, its alittle less in size, and wont have all that annoyning shit that the other one did. It has more mods, levels, etc.

I have over 1300 skins. :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up