Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuff And Stiff by Gaston  (Read 17177 times)

Gaston

Re: Stuff And Stiff by Hwoarang
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 07:07:36 pm »
New work submitted: Complete Divinity. Any comments are greatly apreciated as always.

Complete Divinity

26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

mfmr

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 08:49:31 pm »
I take it that since you gave it 7/10, that you think that the different parts look good even though a bit "glued on"?
yup, exactly.

To your new pic: Finally something what is almost perfect! Seriously, I really like this one. There is only one thingy I dislike, it's the flower pot shape-well not the shape itself but the way you draw it. It doesn't make perfect round impression. Ye ye I can only say bad things and I cant draw even a house nicely. Anyway 9/10. (10/10 is still waiting for pic which will be totaly briliant. ;) )

Krayonaise

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 09:18:53 pm »
Most recent one: 7.5

The vines around the "vase-like" thingy deserved the sharp texture and I basically fell in love with the awesome vines. Great darkness. Contrasts really well...not the fady kinda crap most people draw. The actual vase had a childish-drawing-like face...nothing spectacular. The actual texture of the vase made me go *burp* because you had horizontal and vertical lines criss-crossing inconsistently. If you hadn't drawn the vertical lines, it would probably look nicer. Ears of the vase looked really messy and did not even look abstract. If you smoved out the edges of the ears, it'd look much better. The background was smudgy without a purpose. I like the background in general, but the smudginess isn't that sexy.

*me is jealous of the darkness of the pencil* Is it like HB8? That looks really dark.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Raziel

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 09:26:18 pm »
HB 8 XD Nice Kray!

Krayonaise

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 09:49:16 pm »
pfft, B8! Meany.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Gaston

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 02:13:46 am »
Most recent one: 7.5

The vines around the "vase-like" thingy deserved the sharp texture and I basically fell in love with the awesome vines. Great darkness. Contrasts really well...not the fady kinda crap most people draw. The actual vase had a childish-drawing-like face...nothing spectacular. The actual texture of the vase made me go *burp* because you had horizontal and vertical lines criss-crossing inconsistently. If you hadn't drawn the vertical lines, it would probably look nicer. Ears of the vase looked really messy and did not even look abstract. If you smoved out the edges of the ears, it'd look much better. The background was smudgy without a purpose. I like the background in general, but the smudginess isn't that sexy.

*me is jealous of the darkness of the pencil* Is it like HB8? That looks really dark.

Thanks. I liked the Vines, and they are also the place where most of my work went. Like I said in my comment on DA, i experimented with different types of shading. Some, like the Vines, looked quite good in my opinion, but others, like the vase, didn't look that good. Also the face didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but it wasn't miserable, just nothing special. I am very sorry to dissapoint you though, but, I only used a HB pencil for this. Smudginess came from my rubber. e.g. when I use the rubber on something, I have to rub it out on a white area also, so that's what made the background al smudgy.

I fear though, that i have cheated a little. You see that my scanner and scanner software generally pwns, so I usually set the contrast and brightness there according to what I think represents my drawing best. And usually it's with very little brightness and quite a bit more contrast (e.g. from 50 percent to 65 percent contrast in this one.)

mfmr: Thanks, happy that people like it, but I am my biggest critic, and thinks that 9/10 is too high. But of course everyoine have different tastes and ways to measure what they see.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Gaston

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 01:22:17 pm »
Did this drawing for another user. He wanted me to draw his Shivo

I ended up with This

First time in years I bothered to use other pens than just HB (used, HB, B2, B5, B6, and H4). Feedback and comments as always, very appreciated!

26 Mars 2007

SteelSide

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »
Best one so far, imo. 8/10 :P
Get yourselves to IRC asap, I'm lonely. (And please change nick from OpenLieroXor)

Gaston

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 10:06:52 pm »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:30:43 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Hatten

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 06:22:04 pm »
It was based off This drawing.
I dont believe that, your drawing cant be based by your drawing, i think you mixed up the links :)

anyway, nice pic :)
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

SteelSide

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 06:43:35 pm »
I dont believe that, your drawing cant be based by your drawing, i think you mixed up the links :)

Tee hee Whoarang messed up :>

Your art is improving my young boy!
Get yourselves to IRC asap, I'm lonely. (And please change nick from OpenLieroXor)

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 07:30:23 pm »
okej, I'm not any good a drawing and anything. But still, it's looks quiet cool, I just love the sun/star and the darkness around it.

Other than that, well the girls arms are kinda wierd imo.

Eitherways, very nice drawing  ;)
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Gaston

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 11:34:03 pm »

You're right, here's the correct link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46014893/

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and I do indeed suck in drawing arms. Something I really need to practice. In fact I'll only draw arms for a while until I feel confident that they are levelled up to my abilities in shading and form at least otherwise.

And always remember, if you feel like giving feedback, it will definatly be appreciated wether it is positive or negative!
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 03:13:56 am »
Kay new work submitted. Been working quite a bit on this one, as I wanted to make details look much more realistic than I use to make them. All feedback is very appreciated of course.

Portrait

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:41:09 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Valk

• Valkonian King
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +1/-0
  • 330 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Valk
  • The Harlequin shall come, come for revenge.
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 06:47:25 pm »
Doesnt look to bad may i say so myself being an A level ART student but the only thing id say you really have to work on is the chin- it looks hairy..
- The hair looks a bit boring and straw looking and just ends with a flat edge needs to be more whilder

- Under her nose is a bit to much shading on the right side from when you look at it.
-Her lips are a little to big(by big i mean wide)

Other then those little and easy to repair jobs it looks good.
-=GOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM=-

Wander

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 12:13:41 am »
Nice Thomas, i really do like that one!

I hope you didn't waste too many pencils making that background? :P

mfmr

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 12:19:35 am »
Best one so far for me. :) I agree with Valk that you used too much shading under the nose. Also, the right eye looks abit weird for me. Besides that, great work!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:21:08 am by mfmr »

Hatten

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 10:42:57 am »
you seem to doesn't have any right links :P because i'm sure the portrait picture should go to a page showing a portrait of that girl :P

am i right? if then my feedback is that you should work on your links ;D

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 11:09:05 am »
you seem to doesn't have any right links :P because i'm sure the portrait picture should go to a page showing a portrait of that girl :P

am i right? if then my feedback is that you should work on your links ;D
Duuh, haven't you noticed that he is linking us to DeviantArt? Browse through the thead an you'll notice the link in every post with a new drawing.

@Thomas: Her hair looks kinda eeh "spooky. And I really fail to see the "too much shading on her nose" thingy that Valk and mfmr pointed out.
Overally a very nice portrait
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Hatten

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 07:08:55 pm »
Duuh, haven't you noticed that he is linking us to DeviantArt? Browse through the thead an you'll notice the link in every post with a new drawing.
yes i have, but as i said, i thought that the link (Portrait) should go to a picture of that girl, not the noe he already had painted. I noticed now that the picture was named portrait :P

sorry...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

anything