Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuff And Stiff by Gaston  (Read 17180 times)

Gaston

Stuff And Stiff by Gaston
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:31:39 am »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:31:11 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Spectro

Re: Stuff And Stiff by Hwoarang
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:27:16 am »
Ack!! I can't give out too many props for using presets or tracks that come with the program... just feels to me like it's not your 'own' music. Like you said, it's a compilation of other professionals' tracks and samples instead of creating the melodies and sequences from scratch. Either way, I'm likin the compilations... sounds pro like you said, but Spectro suspects it's cause of the whole pro track rip off scheme. Iuno maybe there's more to it than I'm criticizing for, so I'll download the demo and check out what it takes to make a generic dance/trance song with it =D

Gaston

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:24:09 am »
Well all the audio samples are original and made by the guys making dance ejay themself and are split into categories (guitar, voice, bass, drums etc), and are approximatly 2 - 8 seconds long, and you have 16 layers, meaning you'll get room for drums, and all the stuff you wish at once. But as you said it's pretty easy to make dance/trance music with it, which is why I try to differ as great as possible from that style, since i wanted to make something that sounded a bit different than all the heaps of generic tracks for it people makes. Take for example "nasa", it differs quite much from your average techno track, but then again it's a bit too diverse to make a good track.

As that screenie from  your prog sugests, you first "compile" a sound inyour program you like, then you give the notes it should be played on and you got a melody. well at the moment i wouldn't prefer that technology over the samples one since samples are real recordings of real instruments while those you compile in a program are artificial. and the programs i tried with virtual instruments sounds too artificial too me, so I guess i'll have to use real instruments shall i make tracks another way :\
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Asrack

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:09:00 am »
Whatever, it sounds cool.
Nice going Hwoarang.

Spectro

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 05:39:56 am »
I'll see if I can hook you up with a samaple pack with vintage/real instruments. I downloaded and screwed around with the program you were usin, and it was alot like I expected =[

Dance Ejay 3 is basically an extremely user friendly preprogrammed music box that can make original music, but it's pointed more towards using their huge preset database. It's like flying a plane on autopilot and saying that you're the one flying the plane =D I'd agree though, you mixed some stuff pretty nicely. I'd be awsome if you got into FL Studio and released the potential in that instead, forcing you to make all you're tracks completely original. Then I'll bow =]

Gaston

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:10:46 am »
I just started a deviantart account, and thought I could update this thread with what is in my user page there. At the moment it isn't too much, only two drawings, but I'll hopefully be updating it and this thread on a regular basis. Critique for my "artowork" would begreatly appreciated obviously!

Pic 1

pic2

To enlarge the pic all you have to do is click on it after you opened the link btw.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:14:07 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:47:08 am »
Submitted a new work today. Would be really cool if anyone bothered to comment on it. I don't really care if you hate or love it. I want to know what you people think!

Myself
26 Mars 2007

mfmr

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 12:54:12 am »
Wow, really nice. Only thing which I don't like is the beard, it looks abit unfinished or so. Overall nice job. :)

Gaston

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:01:45 am »
Thanks. I didn't like the beard either. At one point I thought I should remove it cus I couldn't get it right. But I thought it brought forward the point even though it wasn't the best I've drawn. I'll have to learn how to draw good beards like that though yeah!
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 05:03:07 pm »
Added "Eye Of Death". btw, is it impossible to get comments on this sort of stuff? I wont ban, or start hating anyone or anything if they don't like my work, so there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm posting it here to get views on what people think about it after all... :\

Eye Of Death
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:21:14 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Duality

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 05:29:36 pm »
Hmm Okay I would comment your 'Eye Of Death' but on deviant art seems to be somekind of mature filter on so I cant view it.It says;
Mature Filter Is on
Something like that.

Raziel

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 05:34:25 pm »
Submitted a new work today. Would be really cool if anyone bothered to comment on it. I don't really care if you hate or love it. I want to know what you people think!

Myself

You sure have damn ugly inner self, boy. And such rotten-on-the-inside people are mods here, ha!

It's a childish drawing.

Gaston

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 06:12:04 pm »

Myself

You sure have damn ugly inner self, boy. And such rotten-on-the-inside people are mods here, ha!

It's a childish drawing.

Childish as in technically the ability of a 3 year old, or childish as in a kids (limited?) imagination?

EDIT. Duality: You can view it now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:21:17 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Raziel

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 06:27:02 pm »
The first one. Kid would imagine himself as a cool guy in adidas shoes, sunglasses and sitting in the porche. Older dudes are more emo-like.

After seeing the Eye Of Death I need to say, that your images are more like sketches. A quick show of some idea, where all the details suck big time.

Gaston

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Bart, nice to know that my doodlings are appreciated.

New image for you guys to smite me for:

Majih!

26 Mars 2007

SteelSide

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:56:34 am »
Well i'm not much of an artist, but Majih's eyes.. are they supposed to stand out like that? i think that that part is ugly :o else fine.
Get yourselves to IRC asap, I'm lonely. (And please change nick from OpenLieroXor)

Durza

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 11:50:25 am »
Music is really nice!

The Pic 1 and 2 are nice, but Myself... yeah, if you feel like that inside. And Majih looks quite good, I've drawn something like that already standing with a sword. But that was crap k
Cee ya later

Gaston

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 02:38:46 pm »
Well i'm not much of an artist, but Majih's eyes.. are they supposed to stand out like that? i think that that part is ugly :o else fine.

You think? well the eyes are supposed to be like that, and imo the eyes are the best feature about the head.
26 Mars 2007

mfmr

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 03:30:46 pm »
For me it looks like you draw head, body, hands,legs and katana and then you took it and made the girl from that pieces. They don't fit together very much from my view. It's not that bad anyway. Keep the good work up! ;)
7/10

Gaston

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 08:38:32 pm »
I partly agree and disagree. I think that the arms, the upper body and the legs fit together nicely. However the katana looks partly awkward indeed. And also the head looks a bit weird, and I'm not entirely happy with it. but thanks for the critique! I take it that since you gave it 7/10, that you think that the different parts look good even though a bit "glued on"?

New work submitted by the way. Some guy from teh interweb who asked me to draw him even though I never seen his face. Also updated the first post so you can see miniatures of my drawings in the thread.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52648211/

26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 07:07:36 pm »
New work submitted: Complete Divinity. Any comments are greatly apreciated as always.

Complete Divinity

26 Mars 2007

mfmr

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2007, 08:49:31 pm »
I take it that since you gave it 7/10, that you think that the different parts look good even though a bit "glued on"?
yup, exactly.

To your new pic: Finally something what is almost perfect! Seriously, I really like this one. There is only one thingy I dislike, it's the flower pot shape-well not the shape itself but the way you draw it. It doesn't make perfect round impression. Ye ye I can only say bad things and I cant draw even a house nicely. Anyway 9/10. (10/10 is still waiting for pic which will be totaly briliant. ;) )

Krayonaise

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2007, 09:18:53 pm »
Most recent one: 7.5

The vines around the "vase-like" thingy deserved the sharp texture and I basically fell in love with the awesome vines. Great darkness. Contrasts really well...not the fady kinda crap most people draw. The actual vase had a childish-drawing-like face...nothing spectacular. The actual texture of the vase made me go *burp* because you had horizontal and vertical lines criss-crossing inconsistently. If you hadn't drawn the vertical lines, it would probably look nicer. Ears of the vase looked really messy and did not even look abstract. If you smoved out the edges of the ears, it'd look much better. The background was smudgy without a purpose. I like the background in general, but the smudginess isn't that sexy.

*me is jealous of the darkness of the pencil* Is it like HB8? That looks really dark.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Raziel

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2007, 09:26:18 pm »
HB 8 XD Nice Kray!

Krayonaise

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2007, 09:49:16 pm »
pfft, B8! Meany.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Gaston

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2007, 02:13:46 am »
Most recent one: 7.5

The vines around the "vase-like" thingy deserved the sharp texture and I basically fell in love with the awesome vines. Great darkness. Contrasts really well...not the fady kinda crap most people draw. The actual vase had a childish-drawing-like face...nothing spectacular. The actual texture of the vase made me go *burp* because you had horizontal and vertical lines criss-crossing inconsistently. If you hadn't drawn the vertical lines, it would probably look nicer. Ears of the vase looked really messy and did not even look abstract. If you smoved out the edges of the ears, it'd look much better. The background was smudgy without a purpose. I like the background in general, but the smudginess isn't that sexy.

*me is jealous of the darkness of the pencil* Is it like HB8? That looks really dark.

Thanks. I liked the Vines, and they are also the place where most of my work went. Like I said in my comment on DA, i experimented with different types of shading. Some, like the Vines, looked quite good in my opinion, but others, like the vase, didn't look that good. Also the face didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but it wasn't miserable, just nothing special. I am very sorry to dissapoint you though, but, I only used a HB pencil for this. Smudginess came from my rubber. e.g. when I use the rubber on something, I have to rub it out on a white area also, so that's what made the background al smudgy.

I fear though, that i have cheated a little. You see that my scanner and scanner software generally pwns, so I usually set the contrast and brightness there according to what I think represents my drawing best. And usually it's with very little brightness and quite a bit more contrast (e.g. from 50 percent to 65 percent contrast in this one.)

mfmr: Thanks, happy that people like it, but I am my biggest critic, and thinks that 9/10 is too high. But of course everyoine have different tastes and ways to measure what they see.
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 01:22:17 pm »
Did this drawing for another user. He wanted me to draw his Shivo

I ended up with This

First time in years I bothered to use other pens than just HB (used, HB, B2, B5, B6, and H4). Feedback and comments as always, very appreciated!

26 Mars 2007

SteelSide

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2007, 04:28:58 pm »
Best one so far, imo. 8/10 :P
Get yourselves to IRC asap, I'm lonely. (And please change nick from OpenLieroXor)

Gaston

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2007, 10:06:52 pm »
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:30:43 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Hatten

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 06:22:04 pm »
It was based off This drawing.
I dont believe that, your drawing cant be based by your drawing, i think you mixed up the links :)

anyway, nice pic :)
I don't do unintentionall mistakes.

SteelSide

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 06:43:35 pm »
I dont believe that, your drawing cant be based by your drawing, i think you mixed up the links :)

Tee hee Whoarang messed up :>

Your art is improving my young boy!

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 07:30:23 pm »
okej, I'm not any good a drawing and anything. But still, it's looks quiet cool, I just love the sun/star and the darkness around it.

Other than that, well the girls arms are kinda wierd imo.

Eitherways, very nice drawing  ;)
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Gaston

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 11:34:03 pm »

You're right, here's the correct link: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/46014893/

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and I do indeed suck in drawing arms. Something I really need to practice. In fact I'll only draw arms for a while until I feel confident that they are levelled up to my abilities in shading and form at least otherwise.

And always remember, if you feel like giving feedback, it will definatly be appreciated wether it is positive or negative!
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2007, 03:13:56 am »
Kay new work submitted. Been working quite a bit on this one, as I wanted to make details look much more realistic than I use to make them. All feedback is very appreciated of course.

Portrait

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 03:41:09 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Valk

• Valkonian King
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +1/-0
  • 330 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Valk
  • The Harlequin shall come, come for revenge.
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2007, 06:47:25 pm »
Doesnt look to bad may i say so myself being an A level ART student but the only thing id say you really have to work on is the chin- it looks hairy..
- The hair looks a bit boring and straw looking and just ends with a flat edge needs to be more whilder

- Under her nose is a bit to much shading on the right side from when you look at it.
-Her lips are a little to big(by big i mean wide)

Other then those little and easy to repair jobs it looks good.
-=GOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM=-

Wander

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 12:13:41 am »
Nice Thomas, i really do like that one!

I hope you didn't waste too many pencils making that background? :P

mfmr

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 12:19:35 am »
Best one so far for me. :) I agree with Valk that you used too much shading under the nose. Also, the right eye looks abit weird for me. Besides that, great work!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:21:08 am by mfmr »

Hatten

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 10:42:57 am »
you seem to doesn't have any right links :P because i'm sure the portrait picture should go to a page showing a portrait of that girl :P

am i right? if then my feedback is that you should work on your links ;D

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 11:09:05 am »
you seem to doesn't have any right links :P because i'm sure the portrait picture should go to a page showing a portrait of that girl :P

am i right? if then my feedback is that you should work on your links ;D
Duuh, haven't you noticed that he is linking us to DeviantArt? Browse through the thead an you'll notice the link in every post with a new drawing.

@Thomas: Her hair looks kinda eeh "spooky. And I really fail to see the "too much shading on her nose" thingy that Valk and mfmr pointed out.
Overally a very nice portrait

Hatten

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 07:08:55 pm »
Duuh, haven't you noticed that he is linking us to DeviantArt? Browse through the thead an you'll notice the link in every post with a new drawing.
yes i have, but as i said, i thought that the link (Portrait) should go to a picture of that girl, not the noe he already had painted. I noticed now that the picture was named portrait :P

sorry...

Gaston

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 01:59:45 am »
OK, new drawing. First off I have to warn Christians that this is a drawing they may not like. So if you don't like a drawing that may question the intentions to this figure that is called "God" in the bible, you may not want to scroll down. Just a heads up since I don't want to offend anybodys faith here :)

This is a drawing I did inspired of the idea that the biblical God could be the devil. I don't know personally, but I think it is an intruiging idea. Can anyone spot anything odd about Saturn?

The Biblical God?

26 Mars 2007

Valk

• Valkonian King
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +1/-0
  • 330 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Valk
  • The Harlequin shall come, come for revenge.
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 08:29:46 am »
OK, new drawing. First off I have to warn Christians that this is a drawing they may not like. So if you don't like a drawing that may question the intentions to this figure that is called "God" in the bible, you may not want to scroll down. Just a heads up since I don't want to offend anybodys faith here :)

This is a drawing I did inspired of the idea that the biblical God could be the devil. I don't know personally, but I think it is an intruiging idea. Can anyone spot anything odd about Saturn?

The Biblical God?

you mean other then its halo ;) its quite good i liek the idea but man you must go through alot of pencils :D looks nice keep them coming.
-=GOOOOD MORNING VIETNAM=-

Spoon

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 09:44:19 am »
I was never very good at interpreting art - poetry is more my thing ;)

Are you suggesting that God and the Devil are one and the same, just two different sides of it, or that perhaps the Devil hands you the bible and infact God doesn't exist? I get ideas of the Devil as you've got your God with an evil looking face and what looks like the stumps of horns?

Interesting drawing, though good stuff :)

Gaston

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 02:50:20 pm »
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:53:38 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Spoon

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 04:54:40 pm »
I figured that, and I noticed your planet with the rings displaced to represent a halo, but what significance is that intended to have? That infact large lumps of gas millions of miles away are angels? That God is small and only there for those who care to look, and see past the 'blind teachings' of scripture?

It's a bit ironic - the Church locked Galileo up because he discovered so much about the Sun, orbits, our solar system and other stars etc that he began to contradict the Church's version of events historically etc.

Gaston

Re: Stuff And Stiff by Gaston
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 06:59:26 pm »
It's supposed to represent that God is actually out there, knowing what goes on from a distance in this scenario. The drawing is quite figuratively with the devil, the Halo, the bible and the very empty space, so I wouldn't worry too much about Saturn being a lump of gas, but I suppose you can if you want to...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 07:27:25 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

Re: Stuff And Stiff by Gaston - It's been a while...
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 04:09:59 am »
Ow, quite some time passed. Well. I haven't made a proper drawing (that is if you define what I've previously submitted here as "proper") for like 6 months. An image that popped into my head, had me somewhat inspired and motivated again, so after making it and becoming annoyed at how much better it could have been, withouth further ado, I bring you something as cheesily titled as "The Experiment".

26 Mars 2007

Oxygen

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 04:21:50 am »
I saw it and it looked like a clown. It's good, I like your style. Something about artists named "Gaston" appeals to me. (See Gaston Vinas/Grape Vine industries)

Spectro

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2007, 05:51:34 am »
I don't know what those are in his orifices, but it's awesome. The exaggerated facial features is pure win. I think you're getting better bro!

Gaston

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2007, 02:50:08 pm »
Thats mains (electricity) going in and out of his orifices. Doesn't really look like it, looks more like tubes or something. But it doesn't ruin the drawing imo though.
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

Stiff And Stuff By Gaston: Mana Mankon Sanga
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2007, 02:12:21 pm »
New Drawing: Mana Mankon Sanga. This is an original character made by Shaboomi Baracuti, which he wanted me to draw an interpretation of.

Original drawing

Mana Mankon Sango

« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:17:32 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

miri

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 06:54:36 pm »
Well, it doesn't look like the one on deviantart. :P. But who cares? Manga is not so easy to draw. But the shading on your image is awesome.
[Cop] miri

Gaston

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2007, 04:50:05 am »
Two "works" that I finished just now. Nothing too amazing though. Comments very much appreciated as always btw!

Evil Wizard

Your Average Portrait

« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 05:12:32 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

redeye

• Love and be loved, thatís what life is about! Inspiration, fascination, happiness!
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +216/-2
  • 5569 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To redeye
  • I will make my huge comeback later :)
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2007, 01:40:57 pm »

Gaston

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2007, 02:02:29 pm »
Thanks for the nice comment! atm, I'm not selling any drawings activly no. Maybe I will in the future, if I feel they are good enough to be sold though.
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2009, 05:18:13 pm »
Calacca

Feedback would be cool.
26 Mars 2007

Asrack

« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »
Creepy.

Gaston

« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 06:51:47 pm »
One I did a while back

Tied Up

26 Mars 2007

Code

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 06:54:40 pm »
i like this one! best so far IMO.
it has a deeper meaning ;)

Gaston

« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2009, 03:03:30 am »
Thanks Code. Glad you like it.

Two more. One new, and one older that I never uploaded.

Lilly

Evil Clown

26 Mars 2007

Asrack

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 03:09:50 am »
They are well drawn. Little sloppy, I like that though.

You're pics are all cool, but they scare me. haha!

Gaston

« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 01:01:04 pm »
thanks! If they scare you, that means I'm doing something right :P
26 Mars 2007

Benn0

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 04:42:12 pm »

Asiak

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 05:54:19 pm »
Do you paint? If not I think you should practice any type of painting and/or pastels. You're style will really show if you do either of those.
(07:14:33) Orasund: were to i get the Game Script maker?
(08:16:11) Hostile: From the Magicland
(09:20:47) Orasund: Magicland? could i have a link?
(09:41:51) Hostile: Theres no link to Magicland. Magicland is inside everyones hearts. Look deep ...

Gaston

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 07:16:10 pm »
Do you paint? If not I think you should practice any type of painting and/or pastels. You're style will really show if you do either of those.

I don't paint much though, but I've thought about getting into it. so maybe sometime in the future. At the moment I'm keeping to pencils , an erasor and a sharpener to keep it as simple as possible until I think my style has progressed to a satosfactory level. But sometime I'll definatly try to get into it!
26 Mars 2007

Asiak

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 07:34:36 pm »

I don't paint much though, but I've thought about getting into it. so maybe sometime in the future. At the moment I'm keeping to pencils , an erasor and a sharpener to keep it as simple as possible until I think my style has progressed to a satosfactory level. But sometime I'll definatly try to get into it!
You're style is beyond satisfactory, when you can say that you have your own unique style then you've obviously progressed beyond a mediocre level. Most of your drawings are dark in color making me think you like color and/or multiple shades. Many of them make me think you'd be great at creating characters. Especially for things like cartoons and such. Pastels are great because they are like pencils in a way that you can sort of sketch with them as well. Yeah but if you'd like to paint but prefer to wait, go ahead, but I honestly think you would be great with pastels.
(09:41:51) Hostile: Theres no link to Magicland. Magicland is inside everyones hearts. Look deep ...

Gaston

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 07:44:58 pm »
You're style is beyond satisfactory, when you can say that you have your own unique style then you've obviously progressed beyond a mediocre level. Most of your drawings are dark in color making me think you like color and/or multiple shades. Many of them make me think you'd be great at creating characters. Especially for things like cartoons and such. Pastels are great because they are like pencils in a way that you can sort of sketch with them as well. Yeah but if you'd like to paint but prefer to wait, go ahead, but I honestly think you would be great with pastels.

Thanks! I imagine using colours would be liberating for me, so I wont have to keep in black/white all the time. I've been creating characters ever since I've held a pencil in my hand, so I got some practice there, but it's only lately that I've been able to express them mcuh more comprehensible to others, but I still got a bit of a way to go there until I'm satisfied with how I can express them since I have limitations that keep me from being happy with what I create. But I promise that the moment I've done a drawing that I'm actually happy with, I'll move on to more than pencils and erasers, since that is when my base knowledge and abilities are good enough for me!
26 Mars 2007

Asiak

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 07:53:39 pm »

Thanks! I imagine using colours would be liberating for me, so I wont have to keep in black/white all the time. I've been creating characters ever since I've held a pencil in my hand, so I got some practice there, but it's only lately that I've been able to express them mcuh more comprehensible to others, but I still got a bit of a way to go there until I'm satisfied with how I can express them since I have limitations that keep me from being happy with what I create. But I promise that the moment I've done a drawing that I'm actually happy with, I'll move on to more than pencils and erasers, since that is when my base knowledge and abilities are good enough for me!
Have you taken any drawing classes? I know what it's like to just sit at a desk and just be disappointed in yourself with everything you've drawn or created. I took drawing last year and I learned there really are "principles" of art. If you haven't taken any classes then I'm more than sure you can find them online(principles of art, etc.). I think that's what my problem was, I wasn't sure of really what I was doing, rather just having fun and messing around. After I took that class I was able to sit down, with NO inspiration and create an original piece of art! With inspiration it's even better. Sometimes you just have to know what you're looking for in your own artwork, and there is information out there to give you the knowledge you need to satisfy yourself. It took me a while myself to see what I needed to improve on and to be okay with what I was capable of creating. (being happy with what I've done) There is always something to be said about an original piece of art.

Yeah but for now keep it to your liking until you see what I'm talking about.

Gaston

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2009, 08:37:18 pm »
Have you taken any drawing classes? I know what it's like to just sit at a desk and just be disappointed in yourself with everything you've drawn or created. I took drawing last year and I learned there really are "principles" of art. If you haven't taken any classes then I'm more than sure you can find them online(principles of art, etc.). I think that's what my problem was, I wasn't sure of really what I was doing, rather just having fun and messing around. After I took that class I was able to sit down, with NO inspiration and create an original piece of art! With inspiration it's even better. Sometimes you just have to know what you're looking for in your own artwork, and there is information out there to give you the knowledge you need to satisfy yourself. It took me a while myself to see what I needed to improve on and to be okay with what I was capable of creating. (being happy with what I've done) There is always something to be said about an original piece of art.

Not any proper drawing classes no. I know there are quite a few principles of art, and I even read about some of them, but I try to refrain from getting too much information on waht I should and shouldn't do. I try to use my eyes and hand and inspiration from other great artists, and not know so much theory or anything. My shading, toning and sense of perspecitve are all self taught, and I want to do that for most of my abilities so I'll be able to obtain a really original look to what I do.

How about your work? I haven't seen a thread by you, why don't you make one and show off your own art? Would be cool to see what others are able to do here!
26 Mars 2007

Asiak

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2009, 09:22:12 pm »

Not any proper drawing classes no. I know there are quite a few principles of art, and I even read about some of them, but I try to refrain from getting too much information on waht I should and shouldn't do. I try to use my eyes and hand and inspiration from other great artists, and not know so much theory or anything. My shading, toning and sense of perspecitve are all self taught, and I want to do that for most of my abilities so I'll be able to obtain a really original look to what I do.

How about your work? I haven't seen a thread by you, why don't you make one and show off your own art? Would be cool to see what others are able to do here!
Well it doesn't so much as dictate your work but advises you on how to create things like, depth and flow to make your art really pop out. Yeah I still need to do an introduction and I was thinking about making a thread. I don't have much to put, most of my work is still in my old class as I left it there ha.

Gaston

« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2009, 02:30:45 am »
Kay, new batch of drawings. 3 faces from imagination, one sketch of Jennifer Garner, and one cartoonification of my dad:

Portrait sketch

Portrait Sketch 2

Portrait Sketch 3

Jennifer Garner

"Fattern" (Cartoonification of my dad)

26 Mars 2007

Snap

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2009, 03:22:31 am »
Those are really good gaston. Keep up the nice work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]   Go Up

anything