Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuff And Stiff by Gaston  (Read 17178 times)

Gaston

Stuff And Stiff by Gaston
« on: September 14, 2006, 01:31:39 am »
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 02:31:11 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Spectro

Re: Stuff And Stiff by Hwoarang
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 02:27:16 am »
Ack!! I can't give out too many props for using presets or tracks that come with the program... just feels to me like it's not your 'own' music. Like you said, it's a compilation of other professionals' tracks and samples instead of creating the melodies and sequences from scratch. Either way, I'm likin the compilations... sounds pro like you said, but Spectro suspects it's cause of the whole pro track rip off scheme. Iuno maybe there's more to it than I'm criticizing for, so I'll download the demo and check out what it takes to make a generic dance/trance song with it =D

Gaston

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 04:24:09 am »
Well all the audio samples are original and made by the guys making dance ejay themself and are split into categories (guitar, voice, bass, drums etc), and are approximatly 2 - 8 seconds long, and you have 16 layers, meaning you'll get room for drums, and all the stuff you wish at once. But as you said it's pretty easy to make dance/trance music with it, which is why I try to differ as great as possible from that style, since i wanted to make something that sounded a bit different than all the heaps of generic tracks for it people makes. Take for example "nasa", it differs quite much from your average techno track, but then again it's a bit too diverse to make a good track.

As that screenie from  your prog sugests, you first "compile" a sound inyour program you like, then you give the notes it should be played on and you got a melody. well at the moment i wouldn't prefer that technology over the samples one since samples are real recordings of real instruments while those you compile in a program are artificial. and the programs i tried with virtual instruments sounds too artificial too me, so I guess i'll have to use real instruments shall i make tracks another way :\
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Asrack

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 05:09:00 am »
Whatever, it sounds cool.
Nice going Hwoarang.

Spectro

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 05:39:56 am »
I'll see if I can hook you up with a samaple pack with vintage/real instruments. I downloaded and screwed around with the program you were usin, and it was alot like I expected =[

Dance Ejay 3 is basically an extremely user friendly preprogrammed music box that can make original music, but it's pointed more towards using their huge preset database. It's like flying a plane on autopilot and saying that you're the one flying the plane =D I'd agree though, you mixed some stuff pretty nicely. I'd be awsome if you got into FL Studio and released the potential in that instead, forcing you to make all you're tracks completely original. Then I'll bow =]

Gaston

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 12:10:46 am »
I just started a deviantart account, and thought I could update this thread with what is in my user page there. At the moment it isn't too much, only two drawings, but I'll hopefully be updating it and this thread on a regular basis. Critique for my "artowork" would begreatly appreciated obviously!

Pic 1

pic2

To enlarge the pic all you have to do is click on it after you opened the link btw.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 12:14:07 am by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 12:47:08 am »
Submitted a new work today. Would be really cool if anyone bothered to comment on it. I don't really care if you hate or love it. I want to know what you people think!

Myself
26 Mars 2007

mfmr

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 12:54:12 am »
Wow, really nice. Only thing which I don't like is the beard, it looks abit unfinished or so. Overall nice job. :)

Gaston

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:01:45 am »
Thanks. I didn't like the beard either. At one point I thought I should remove it cus I couldn't get it right. But I thought it brought forward the point even though it wasn't the best I've drawn. I'll have to learn how to draw good beards like that though yeah!
26 Mars 2007

Gaston

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 05:03:07 pm »
Added "Eye Of Death". btw, is it impossible to get comments on this sort of stuff? I wont ban, or start hating anyone or anything if they don't like my work, so there's nothing to be afraid of. I'm posting it here to get views on what people think about it after all... :\

Eye Of Death
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 05:21:14 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Duality

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 05:29:36 pm »
Hmm Okay I would comment your 'Eye Of Death' but on deviant art seems to be somekind of mature filter on so I cant view it.It says;
Mature Filter Is on
Something like that.

Raziel

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 05:34:25 pm »
Submitted a new work today. Would be really cool if anyone bothered to comment on it. I don't really care if you hate or love it. I want to know what you people think!

Myself

You sure have damn ugly inner self, boy. And such rotten-on-the-inside people are mods here, ha!

It's a childish drawing.

Gaston

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 06:12:04 pm »

Myself

You sure have damn ugly inner self, boy. And such rotten-on-the-inside people are mods here, ha!

It's a childish drawing.

Childish as in technically the ability of a 3 year old, or childish as in a kids (limited?) imagination?

EDIT. Duality: You can view it now.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 06:21:17 pm by Gaston »
26 Mars 2007

Raziel

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 06:27:02 pm »
The first one. Kid would imagine himself as a cool guy in adidas shoes, sunglasses and sitting in the porche. Older dudes are more emo-like.

After seeing the Eye Of Death I need to say, that your images are more like sketches. A quick show of some idea, where all the details suck big time.

Gaston

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 10:10:44 pm »
Thanks for the kind words Bart, nice to know that my doodlings are appreciated.

New image for you guys to smite me for:

Majih!

26 Mars 2007

SteelSide

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 10:56:34 am »
Well i'm not much of an artist, but Majih's eyes.. are they supposed to stand out like that? i think that that part is ugly :o else fine.
Get yourselves to IRC asap, I'm lonely. (And please change nick from OpenLieroXor)

Durza

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 11:50:25 am »
Music is really nice!

The Pic 1 and 2 are nice, but Myself... yeah, if you feel like that inside. And Majih looks quite good, I've drawn something like that already standing with a sword. But that was crap k
Cee ya later

Gaston

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 02:38:46 pm »
Well i'm not much of an artist, but Majih's eyes.. are they supposed to stand out like that? i think that that part is ugly :o else fine.

You think? well the eyes are supposed to be like that, and imo the eyes are the best feature about the head.
26 Mars 2007

mfmr

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2007, 03:30:46 pm »
For me it looks like you draw head, body, hands,legs and katana and then you took it and made the girl from that pieces. They don't fit together very much from my view. It's not that bad anyway. Keep the good work up! ;)
7/10

Gaston

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 08:38:32 pm »
I partly agree and disagree. I think that the arms, the upper body and the legs fit together nicely. However the katana looks partly awkward indeed. And also the head looks a bit weird, and I'm not entirely happy with it. but thanks for the critique! I take it that since you gave it 7/10, that you think that the different parts look good even though a bit "glued on"?

New work submitted by the way. Some guy from teh interweb who asked me to draw him even though I never seen his face. Also updated the first post so you can see miniatures of my drawings in the thread.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52648211/

26 Mars 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up