Total servers: 4
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Punisher for real September 20, 2019, 07:30:42 pm
Backup server NL
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 68.5.19.239
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
baSE ReALiTy
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 80.186.168.74
Max Kills: 15
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Max Kills: 12
Players:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: LX Professional - Fifth edition.  (Read 44928 times)

Wander

Re: LX Professional. Read CAREFULLY - only a preview edition.
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 05:43:51 pm »
I frequently start 2 liero's at the same time, but this time i had only one on.

Gaston

« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2006, 05:45:28 pm »
Unfortunatly they will probably not be co-operating with Rye. Which in my opinion is a shame, but it's DarkCharlie's decision...
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Tafka

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »
it doesn't crash to me:O

Raziel

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2006, 05:56:42 pm »
I'm little bit curious now, what machines do people use, who have the most weird troubles. Maybe it works worse on much older PCs. On mine, DC's and generally - people who have pretty strong PCs, it usually works without any troubles. But still, LX is too simple game to have huge requriements - thats why it's only my curiousity.

Summing all the complaints up, looks like a pity, that so many of you encoutnered such big troubles. Though, you were supposed to be testers only. I had a trouble with FPS olny once. When someone put some 8-bit mod, and allowed all the weapons, so game was overspammed. My FPS indeed was only 1, or even 0, but Alt+Tab worked fine (with few secs of delay). So again - For me it works perfectly fine, and I'm glad of that. Early release was for two reasons - too many people knew about it, and wished to try it as also we needed to test it on everyone. This big test brought many results, and thanks to all who tried it and reported bugs, also sorry for annoying troubles which occured meanwhile.

Anyway, I guess people can stop for a while testing it. Currently I use version which is few steps ahead of this released, but DC will need few days more, probably, to make it stable for all current testers. If it will work better, we will try to test it on all who want that again. But I warn in advance, that you try it all on your own risk.

Unfortunatly they will probably not be co-operating with Rye. Which in my opinion is a shame, but it's DarkCharlie's decision...

Hwoarang - yuo are annoying. Rye Rye and Rye. Go kiss his ass, and be happy. No need to mention him all the time here telling us how better idea would be to cooperate with him. And stick your opinions... somewhere. Shameful is your idiotic will to see everyone under one project, IN MY OPINION.

Indeed, we will not co-operate. As mighty Q nicely assured us, future of LXE will be in his hands as co-co-co.. as an Assistant. So they don't need DC. Also, we had our own ideas, our own ways, our own imagination of this how LX should LOOK to be good, FOR US and those who also would share with us this point. We do not force anyone, we don't say it's the best chouice in the world. WE JUST DO SOMETHING ON OUR ****ING OWN. What's your trouble? Afraid we will split community? Yeah sure, if LXE will be encoded in amazing way, and all the troubles will be fixed, then what's going on? All will switch to LXE. Untill then, shut up about spliting anything and support Rye quietly. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:09:36 pm by Raziel »

Ruki

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2006, 05:57:45 pm »
It is so weird that it works for me identically as old...

Nico

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2006, 06:14:27 pm »
I got a problem with it.
I cant write in the lobby.
The game freezes for like 1-5 sek and then I can write for 1 sek and then it freezes again.
But then ingame its no problem.

Gaston

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2006, 06:33:43 pm »

Hwoarang - yuo are annoying. Rye Rye and Rye. Go kiss his ass, and be happy. No need to mention him all the time here telling us how better idea would be to cooperate with him. And stick your opinions... somewhere. Shameful is your idiotic will to see everyone under one project, IN MY OPINION.

Indeed, we will not co-operate. As mighty Q nicely assured us, future of LXE will be in his hands as co-co-co.. as an Assistant. So they don't need DC. Also, we had our own ideas, our own ways, our own imagination of this how LX should LOOK to be good, FOR US and those who also would share with us this point. We do not force anyone, we don't say it's the best chouice in the world. WE JUST DO SOMETHING ON OUR ****ING OWN. What's your trouble? Afraid we will split community? Yeah sure, if LXE will be encoded in amazing way, and all the troubles will be fixed, then what's going on? All will switch to LXE. Untill then, shut up about spliting anything and support Rye quietly. Thanks!
Dude lighten up. I'm not saying rye's version is gonna be better, I was just fishing for an answer from DC himself on why he wants to do this alone. Nothing more.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Tafka

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2006, 06:53:50 pm »
well, i would wish LX would look better.
It looks very crapy right now :P

Raziel, you are good with graphics
Do some work with DC together and make everything look better???

Z01

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2006, 07:08:35 pm »
well, i would wish LX would look better.
It looks very crapy right now :P

Raziel, you are good with graphics
Do some work with DC together and make everything look better???

Like what?

Write the code so it supporst higher resolution? XD
Raziels kickass graphics alone wont do it :P

Raziel

« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2006, 07:12:53 pm »
Graphics will be the last thing to do. Currently I'm lil too busy with exams, but when they are done, I will go back to my project which already is in progress.
My point is to make this game look like designed by proffesionalists, so YellowBart will feel like an idiot with his ugly flash advertise. Resolution will be modified to 800x600, maybe even to 1024x768. Of course old 640x480 also will be available (possibilty to choose will be in options), but each resoltuion will need whole GUI per one res. It will take time.

To be clear, it will be not modified frontend, it will be whole new interface. Well, you will see, but much later.

Wander

« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2006, 07:16:26 pm »
I'm little bit curious now, what machines do people use, who have the most weird troubles. Maybe it works worse on much older PCs. On mine, DC's and generally - people who have pretty strong PCs, it usually works without any troubles.
My pc is not very old, but indeed very very weak. Thats also the reason i always lag in the old lx too. :(

But still, LX is too simple game to have huge requriements - thats why it's only my curiousity.
I agree, and that is the main reason why i play lx and not some other game. I have noticed that "lxpro.exe" is about 4x as big as the normal version, i think its why my pc has so much more trouble with it.

Success with improving it though guys, cause i love the new features :)

Tafka

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2006, 07:29:12 pm »
Graphics will be the last thing to do. Currently I'm lil too busy with exams, but when they are done, I will go back to my project which already is in progress.
My point is to make this game look like designed by proffesionalists, so YellowBart will feel like an idiot with his ugly flash advertise. Resolution will be modified to 800x600, maybe even to 1024x768. Of course old 640x480 also will be available (possibilty to choose will be in options), but each resoltuion will need whole GUI per one res. It will take time.

To be clear, it will be not modified frontend, it will be whole new interface. Well, you will see, but much later.

Thats what i meant, a new interface.
Like redesign lobby. The big message box looks ugly, players under each other looks ugly. small list or smth would be better. like everything :P
And it needs to be recoded in source too. No other way

DarkCharlie

« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2006, 08:29:59 pm »
For Hwoarang:
No, I will not join Rye (at least not for now). The rest said my "right hand" :D mr. Raziel quite clear i think.

FPS problems:
I'm working on LX every day and every day i take one hour of work in which i'm only working on better FPS. I hope that the final release will be faster than .56. I apologize to all who have these problems. Just switch back to .56 till it's solved.

Game freezes sometimes (as W.we said):
It happened to me twice. I still don't know where's the point (mainly because i can't reproduce it :( ) but be sure that it won't be in the final release.

File size:
Every new feature takes place. Also this is a debug release which means no optimizations for file size and speed.

About LXE:
Yes, his version is probably gonna be better. Sorry, i must say it, but Jason's code is crappy. Safety almost none and the code is really wasting the CPU and memory. So Rye's "from scratch recoded" version will be better. However, no programmer can create a program without bugs. The current LX bugs will be fixed but there will be new that Rye will make and it will long some time till it's stable.

Tafka

« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2006, 08:53:20 pm »
good if there are less
the main bugs are the errors and crash.
Others are smaller .
Good to see you are working hard. Try to improve it :P good luck

Krayonaise

« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2006, 11:38:42 pm »
ROFL! Don't tell me you guys were blaming the fps when you yourselves have crapass RAM... But then, i guess the versions Razzy distributed before the release were OBVIOUSLY much better since all 10 ppl (around 10) that got it have theirs work near-perfectly.

The statements above were about LX crashes.

Ah Hoerung, i just love you too much.

Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Wander

« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2006, 07:13:56 pm »
This hapened when i wanted to duel a bot in local play. All the other times i have done that, it worked just fine.

(the games themselves didnt, those *****es are too fast for me)

Swift

« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2006, 07:42:24 pm »
I also have problems with closing LXP it just dont react when i click "yes" my LieroX freezes. And after some tabbing out and stuff i get the same screen as W.we

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2006, 08:01:35 pm »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 08:41:25 pm by [leke]GrassNinja »

Wander

« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2006, 08:35:24 pm »
I cant quote it for you guys, but they have asked us to screen those windows and show them to them. It contains info about the bug so that DC can fix it :)

Luzo

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2006, 12:36:58 pm »
I can't host with LX Pro, keeps crashing. And I do insert a welcome message :s
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up