Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Data August 23, 2019, 07:24:03 am
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: LX Professional - Fifth edition.  (Read 44711 times)

Raziel

LX Professional - Fifth edition.
« on: September 08, 2006, 01:22:35 am »
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 09:33:53 pm by Raziel »

Purplehaze

Re: LX Professional. Read CAREFULLY - only a preview edition.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 01:55:51 am »
its kick ass :)
only once when i tried to host, it crashed. that was the only problem. other than that, its extremely sexy. nice work DC

Z01

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 01:58:40 am »
I have it already but its great :)

I did notice FPS tends to go down a bit quicker but I dont care.
It rocks :)

Purplehaze

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 03:00:59 am »
hmm well i played it extensively, and i noticed the lag is ALOT worse. does lx pro make a connection to a euro server or something?

Splinky

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 03:11:09 am »
Just one thing. In the final version it would be great if the screenshot files were saved as something smaller than a BMP. I dunno tho, it might alter the quality of the screenshot
-Pants. Optional.-

Raziel

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 03:15:32 am »
Indeed, there is a problem. But funny thing, for me and DC there is no lag while playing, for sure nothing worse than normal LX lag.
However, many players reported, that their FPS goes down. For me it SOMETIMES happens, but then it's enough if I start LX once again. And it's not really that often. I play on this LX version since over month.

About FPS - tick "Show FPS" in your options. If during game it's much worse than it should be (example: Instead of FPS: 84, you see all the time FPS: 65 or something similar), and you can't do anything about that (for example, I play with following settings TURNED OFF: Shadows, Particles, Filtered Level; and it works fine for me. Blood is not necessary if I use Health Bar, so I also decrease it from 100% to 0%), then go back to your previous LX, WHICH YOU SHOULD HAVE BACKUPPED. It doesn't happen to everyone, and nobody gave to DC any specified details about it, so it's hard for him to find the place, where this bug makes a mess.

Screenshots - yes, they will be saved as png files (quality will stay). Only, it will take time untill this change will be applied. It will be helpful, especially after resolution of LieroX will be changed 800x600, or even 1024x768. (there will be choice, which resolution you wish to play with. In Options - though, it will be only in Final Release. No sooner.).

X4VI3R

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 03:17:58 am »
Im sorry I'm a n00b, but where do i put the MSVCRTD.DLL doc?
I found this in the Read Me:

"Put in ( Windows/System32) folder.
However, if you have same file in your windows, do not replace it"

I dont know what this means, plz help?

Gaston

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 03:21:04 am »
Just one question. I'm just curious, and no offence intended, but why use all this effort to made an improved version of LX when DC could be focusing all that work helping Rye? Do you have that little faith in LXE/ little wish to co-operate with Rye? Or are you gonna start competing with LXE?
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Splinky

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 03:22:07 am »
-Pants. Optional.-

Raziel

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 03:30:35 am »
Im sorry I'm a n00b, but where do i put the MSVCRTD.DLL doc?
I found this in the Read Me:

"Put in ( Windows/System32) folder.
However, if you have same file in your windows, do not replace it"

I dont know what this means, plz help?

Your operating system, which the most probably is one of the Windows, is installed on C: drive (the msot probably).

Find the following directory:
C:\Windows\system32\

Put in there MSVCRTD.DLL file. It is Debug Library helpful for reporting bugs. Final Release will be without this thingy.
If you copied it in there, and there didn't appear any window, then all is fine.
If you copied this file to this directory, and there popped out window with information, that you already have file with such name, and it will ask you, if you want to replace the existing file with new one, then DO NOT replace it. Click on "No".

Note, for experienced users:
If in system32 you will have MSVCRTD.DLL file, check the version. Compare it to version which is sent by DC. If in Windows\system32 you have OLDER version, then you can replace. If same or newer - you don't need it.

Hwoarang  -->
I personally don't have so called faith in Rye. Some players, even quite a big number, share this opinion with me. Dark Charlie wants to make something on his own, it's also great training for him. LXE might be totally different than LX. And there is HUGE possibility it will be just like that. Besides, we spent too much time in this community, to leave LX untouched. I hope I will feel proud after we finish it, and it will be worth of our effort.

Also, if people will like this what will come out, then Dark Charlie will make version of LX, which will be not compatibile to the current one anymore. However, he will reduce lag, increase FPS.. geenrally, do necessary changes in code,, WITHOUT changing the gameplay. At least, this is what we wish for. But first, we must see if people will like our creation.

X4VI3R

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 03:36:30 am »
ty man, w00t Dark Charlie!

Some Random Ock

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 03:51:09 am »
w00t indeed

my regards for dark charlie, hes doing very well.

heres a minor bug i just found, i was inspecting for new options and found that if you delete a profile the skin for the profile you just deleted will stay, but it will change it to the color of skin in the profile next in line.

ex:

profile1 "dark1" has skull skin which is purple
profile2 "light1" has chibi masta chief sin which is blue

if you delete light1, the chibi masta chief skin will still be in the preview box but its color will change to purple.

NOTE: it does NOT save the settings like that, its just a minor glitch that you might want to fix. no big deal.

Exigo

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 08:03:56 am »
i like it :), healthbar and all =) especially the ask to join thing !!!

it would be better if it was less laggier, which i know is hard to do

goodjob =)

Tafka

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 09:25:11 am »
I've been using for quite long now.
It's pretty usefull, easier. Nice work man.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 12:10:54 pm »
i like the idea, its very cool, healthbar, settable etc.
but i can't host. if i press the host button after typing name etc. LieroX crashes.
and as i tryed it, i could only see one server, i dunno if its a bug, or if there werent any servers.

anyway, great work Dark Charlie!

EDIT: wow, winning a rifle game with comps is impossible XD
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 01:30:27 pm by [leke]GrassNinja »

Gaston

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2006, 01:23:38 pm »
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Z01

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 01:31:02 pm »
Yeah whatever, so far I like the first version of LXpro more then the first version of LXE :P

Il just keep checkin em both to see what I like more :)

Duality

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 02:32:34 pm »
wow =o that is awesome =)
im sure gonna use it for now on =P
and im seriously waiting for the release of the real version ;>

Benn0

• Im a lagging whore, if you see me in your server, PLEASE do not hesitate to kick me out! I HATE LAGGERZ ZOMG MORTORS!
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +33/-12
  • 1117 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To Benn0
  • Amaranth
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 02:45:14 pm »
well LXpro is really nice  ;D
and that ask to join function is great ;D
But I've been having slightly more crashes  :-\ but well the cause might very well be my comp  :o
anyways good joob DC  ;D
Donate rice, improve your vocabulary

Check out Outlawz - The Movie in my profile or directly on Youtube

Asrack

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2006, 02:47:17 pm »
Well, considering your makinga blind statement. LXE might have some nice features, and I'm sorry Dark Charlie, but it might be better then LX Pro.  But for now, we have to wait and see.

LX Pro has a few things I think they should implement in LXE, if its as good as Rye predicts. As for now, LX Pro is quite nice. Including some of the features. If Rye and Dark Charlie would come to gether to talk, and see what they have done so far, I think they could create a keeper. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up

anything