Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: LX Professional - Fifth edition.  (Read 44032 times)

mfmr

Re: LX Professional. Read CAREFULLY - only a preview edition.
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2006, 11:58:27 am »
i won with them in lfr 2-out from 7 lives ;D (talkin' about dueling with bot)

Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 02:56:18 pm »
Have you copied the buttons? Put the buttons.png to the <LieroX folder>\Data\Frontend and overwrite existing file.

When I done "buttons.png" , whole liero crashes when I launch it.

[leke]LemonNinja

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2006, 02:59:36 pm »
I can't open my Liero anymore  :D If i open it there appears a black screen and after 1 second it goes back to Desktop and nothing happens  :(

I lucky made a copy of the pack before i modified it  :D

When we die we come to a better place... I'll respawn right behind you!

Legend

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2006, 03:03:45 pm »
I can't open my Liero anymore  :D If i open it there appears a black screen and after 1 second it goes back to Desktop and nothing happens  :(

I lucky made a copy of the pack before i modified it  :D

If I add " buttons.png " liero doesnt work , if I let it be just " buttons " server doesnt work.
Help somebody please!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 03:11:58 pm by Legend »

[leke]LemonNinja

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2006, 03:06:07 pm »
It worked for 3 days, but then suddenly it didnt work...  ??? can some Raziel or DC help me?

Raziel

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2006, 04:09:44 pm »
When I done "buttons.png" , whole liero crashes when I launch it.
If I add " buttons.png " liero doesnt work , if I let it be just " buttons " server doesnt work.
Help somebody please!

If you did EVERYTHING like it is written in the instruction, so not only changed buttons, but also Lierox.exe file, and .dll file to system32 folder, and your LX doesn't work at all -  this smells weird.
If there appears some window with error message (there should), screen it and send picture to us. All you say is "Heeelp! Doesn't work!! <paniced>" Be more helpful, and describe in better way what exactly happens. Screen is black, your LX freezes, it goes back to windows and sends some bug message.. DESCRIBE it.

Lemon - try to replace all the necessary files once again. In Widnows/System32/ check version of MSVCRTD.DLL. Then compare it to version which is in our little pack. Make sure that your windows version is same or newer. If it is older, replace it with our file.

But if this all will not help at all, for now it's unknown why it happens. So remove this all, along with file in System32, and sign up on "Unstatisfied" list.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 04:11:28 pm by Raziel »

[leke]LemonNinja

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2006, 04:49:29 pm »
okay... I describe it better ;)

First, it worked all fine.

After launching it 10 times i couldnt close LieroX. I pressed on "Quit", then it made a bug sound and there were 2 cursors, the one the normal winows cursor, the other the LX cursor. I could only move the Windows cursor. Then I pressed windows button and tried to close it with Ctrl + Alt + Del. It sent me a "CC+ Windows bug message" or something... I can't send you a screen, because when i try to launch it now, Black Screen appears for 1 second, and then it crashes. The title "CC+ Windows Bug message" was all i can remember.

I also tried to replace the file. It said its the same file, and if i open LX now, same happens as before. Maybe i should delete my LX folder and re-downlaod it XD.

Krazi

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2006, 05:09:47 pm »
OK... I love the new features, and I hope you can get all the bugs worked out soon...

It pretty much works fine, same lag and everything... The ONLY problem is when I host servers they always crash 1-5 minutes into game... but if that was fixed, LX Pro would rock

DarkCharlie

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2006, 05:34:27 pm »
Okay

you were all right, there were some unfixed bugs when tried to host. It's already fixed and will be in the next release.

LemonNinja: Please, could you ZIP your cfg subdirectory in <LX> directory and send it to me? Add me on MSN or send it via mail: karel.petranek(at)tiscali.cz ( = both, email and msn)

Also FPS has been improved a bit, so it should decrease the "lag" some of you are expecting.

Expect the new release in few days (there are still some small things to fix)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 05:41:13 pm by DarkCharlie »

Raziel

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2006, 05:40:35 pm »
IMPORTANT:

Karel didn't mention it in his previous post. I already edited first post on the thread.
Hosts: DO NOT LEAVE your Welcome Message blank. Type in there anything. It should prevent at least half of the hosting problems.

Ahmed

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2006, 08:51:56 pm »
when i host it works. when I try to set wepons for 100lt it crashes after a few 30sec on the weapons ban/allow list thing.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

DarkCharlie

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 06:17:12 pm »
oh yeah, that was it.
thx, i just forget them ;)

and again: great work charlie!
and an idea yet: u could add something like a ''change all'' button to the weapon bannlist, that would make some things much easier ;)

It's there. I was just lazy to redraw the button :D

About FPS, im doing my best, i hope it helps.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 06:20:18 pm by DarkCharlie »

Krayonaise

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2006, 01:18:12 am »
Words of Wisdom pouring down the fingertips from the bartman, heading your way - Heads up:

I've gone back to old liero. why?

I never had fps problems before, when ppl said "omg fps drop" i never could understand since i never had those problems with my computer. I can fire 5 baby nukes at once without and my fps is steady at 97

But with lx pro i saw for the first time deteriorating signs after only shooting 2 baby nukes, sucks.

The healthbar were nice, but as with lag they show the damage left with what my liero thinks i hit; meaning if i get a hit on some lagger it will show 0hp eventhough he is alive = sucks anyway. But its ok for players who want to estimate approximately how much one has left, and it works good with ppl who has ping under 70, so accurate to some extent.

Now if i had fps problems before i would keep this patch; but seemingly how it creates something i never had before i must choose to go back to old liero (since my comp settings obviously gives me an upper hand with never fps problems despite what weps are used ingame). Also i was bit thrown of gaurd with all fancy features when playing that cw with spade against aC, checking healthbars, monitoring fps, colored nametags, checking ping in server etc etc. Less distraction with old liero, but once fps is fixed i will so dload the new patch - untill then ill pass.

Liar! Those aren't words of wisdom......  First off, this is a TEST. Secondly, all those options u can turn off.

I rest my case.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Gaston

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2006, 01:27:58 am »
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Krayonaise

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2006, 10:34:17 pm »
Ahem..read. Healthbar= too annoying brat says.

Read carefully you must. Please. Pretty please.
Oh my God, every one just shut up.

Gaston

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2006, 10:51:17 pm »
Yes I know you can turn off all those options if you want, but still he says he'll use LX Pro once fps problem is fixed. so was this just a case of you quoting the whole post, and not specifying what part you were referring to? Never claimed them to be words of wisdom btw, just that he provides a valid argument with the fps thingy.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Purplehaze

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 01:04:45 am »
i think the biggest problem with lx pro is the fps right now.. but if DC can get it back to normal (for the people that have problems with it) im sure everyone will download lx pro. i love the new features.

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 01:44:10 pm »
i've just noticed that LX Pro crashes, when u try to play a mod which is not in the pack.
i tried several mods which r not in the pack, and it crashes always, in Local and also in Netplay

oh and ye FPS drops hard with some weps, like baby nuke or sexy(naruto).

EDIT: OMG, my lieroX crashes always when i try to start a game!! :S
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 02:49:22 pm by [leke]GrassNinja »

Wander

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 05:38:09 pm »
Lierox crashes arent very weird, the old lx crashed sometimes too. But what just happened was abnormal. I joined a game with 8 ppl on morts. (lx pro isnt good with morts, the lag is very big). It lagged so hart that i had an FPS which i estimate at 1 frame per minute. I tried to go back to windows and shut lx down, but it didnt wotk. Alt+Tab brought me to a black screen , which lasted several minutes. I tried Ctrl+Alt+del but nothing happened. I tried it several times in a row, which should restart the pc, but still nothing happened.
All this time, the sound was going crazy (i heard the sound of an exploding mortar, which repeated itself like 3 times a second, the effect was very weird).

Eventually, i had to shut the pc down manually. When i restarted it, the programs which had been running when it crashed didnt work anymore (internet explorer, msn, lx pro). And the restart/turn off function didnt work either. I had to shut it down manually again.

I turned it on again a few minutes later, gave it a couple of minutes to figure out what it was doing, and started some programs again. Everything seems to work fine now, but i dont think i will use lx pro again untill the new release. I hope i have given enough info about this event? ;)

Btw, i have also noticed that the lower FPS that lx pro gives me, makes me hard to kill. When using it, i have been called a hacker multiple times.

If you guys want my advise, i would go and work together with Rye, use his code and install the super-sexy LXP features in the new LXE. That way you should be aible to build a very good game :D

Z01

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 05:41:38 pm »
Btw, i have also noticed that the lower FPS that lx pro gives me, makes me hard to kill. When using it, i have been called a hacker multiple times.

In mortars thats been old XD

And that crash Ive heard of, Wormi had it too, its very odd.
He got it when accidently starting 2 lieroX at the saem time :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up