Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: LXGuardian v. 1.0.1.120  (Read 17276 times)

Raziel

LXGuardian v. 1.0.1.120
« on: August 03, 2006, 10:43:44 pm »
Important update.
Due to few bugs, which have been found by the LX players in the previous patch, Dark Charlie had to improve it. Meanwhile Werrock has found another way to crash servers, which also has been secured in this new version of the patch.

We hope that you will not find any bug anymore, however, report on this thread every single defect you will find. No-one is perfect, and it's hard to continue journey on the Jason's source, which is really not well programmed.

Old version has been removed. You need to download the new patch from here:
http://thelobby.altervista.org/oth.php?inarg=191

We are sorry for our incompetence, but as I mentioned, nobody is perfect.

Also, I would like to announce, that we decided to separate new features for the LieroX. Dark Charlie will make another isntaller, which will include few useful stuff for LieroX maniacs. It will be called LX Professional. We decided, that not everyone would like to have the modified LX, so we separated the patch (though, LX Professional will include the patch itself as well).
LX Professional coming soon ;)

Wander

Re: LXGuardian v. 1.0.1.120
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:53:22 pm »
This is great! Love u guys :-*

I suppose the current LX and your LXProfessional will be compatible with eachother? Cuz in that case, its marvellous ;D

Gaston

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:00:57 pm »
One question. Since DarkCharlie seems to have a fair few talents with fixing some of the buggy LieroX code, why not help Rye develop LXe as well? Me thinks that would be great for the future of LX(E).
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

DarkCharlie

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:29:34 am »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 03:42:51 pm by DarkCharlie »

Gaston

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 06:59:19 am »
Posted by Rye when I asked him if he was interested i you getting involved in the project:

I think you mean less prone to crashing.

Im aware of LXGuardian, i have it install on my LX 0.56 version and it seems to do the trick for some thing (though i still know one particular crash that is still possible, which i offered to patch but it seemed nobody cared)

If DarkCharlie can pull his weight and it checks out with the PA's, etc hes more than welcome to help, the more people bashing at that code the faster everything gets done true?

seems to me he more than welcomes help to the project. You still interested?
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

DarkCharlie

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 08:16:44 pm »
I was wondering about it for a long time. I know i fixed some LX bugs, but i used my programming language - Pascal. However, LieroX (and LXE of course, too) is written in C++ which is a bit (a bit more) different. So i think i wouldn't help Rye a lot with my n00by skills in C++ language. I will be ready to help if some fu*kers are going to destroy our beloved game and playing.

PS: i think that the bug Rye mentioned is fixed. It checks for buffer overruns.

Gaston

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 09:05:22 pm »
Well that's up to you. But even though you may not be that familiar to C++  I woudn't doubt for a second that you'd be a very good help to Rye, at least after a month or so, familiarizing yourself with c++ and the LX code.
26 Mars 2007

QuafaS

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 01:12:14 am »
Just to let you know, I'm studying C++ (aswell as Lua and some other stuff related) at the moment, to a point where I might and probably will be a co-developer. Not that help, especially in protecting wise wouldn't be appreciated, but the future of development after the release of the LXE v0.56 should be taken care of :)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 01:15:40 am by QuafaS »
~ Q

We're the biggest,
The Best!
Better than the rest!

Raziel

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 06:05:09 pm »
You know Q... sometimes I wonder, how amazing is your ability to kiss your own ass.

RuNyoufool

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 09:07:30 am »
Just to let you know, I'm studying C++ (aswell as Lua and some other stuff related) at the moment, to a point where I might and probably will be a co-developer. Not that help, especially in protecting wise wouldn't be appreciated, but the future of development after the release of the LXE v0.56 should be taken care of :)

Hey, i'm looking forward to see your first commit of code for lx. Seriously, if you prove you can help developing that'd be awesome.

@raz: i don't mind if people "kiss their own asses" when they deliver the goods. Two people developing lx would mean a bigger chance it's being continued in the future.
this was posted in the past. everything on forums can be manipulated. don't believe what you see or read.

Raziel

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 07:02:35 pm »
Fortunately, [RIP] clan is fully independant and doesn't need to "count" on UBER programmers from this community, but we will handle it on our own. And as far as I see, we don't announce anything till we are done. Talking about "I might, I will, maybe I will catch up, probably I will be able to" is just.. ej, does it really need a comment? Anyway, Q, do your work, toy with development, and good luck witht hat all. But as for now, you came with nothing more but meaningless words. If everything will go fine, there will be a "little" competition. I just wodner who will be the winner.

Now the aesthetic side of Run's post.

@raz: i don't mind if people "kiss their own asses" when they deliver the goods. Two people developing lx would mean a bigger chance it's being continued in the future.
I do mind this, cuz it's simply disgusting.
Also, look at the content... what else was his post, if not announcing to everyone "HEEEEY!!! It's MEEE!! Mighty Q!!! I'm not dead yet, look, I will be CO-DEVELOPER!! So cool!! *cmooooooooooooooock in my ass*" ? Where is any good? You mean the great news? Ah yes, and I believe it was so damn much related to the topic...

And another easthetic detail --> if you gonna use shorter nicks for me, at least write them with capital letter. I'm Raz, not raz. If it's too hard for you, then call me Mr Raziel The Uber PhotoShop Graphic Designer Who Never Kisses His Own Ass. You can skip the capital letters.

Ruki

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 12:55:46 am »
It came to me that noone ever asked: Since lieroX 0,56 will be "updated", DO WE NEED LXE?

[leke]GrassNinja

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2006, 01:11:07 am »
It came to me that noone ever asked: Since lieroX 0,56 will be "updated", DO WE NEED LXE?
well, it seems that noone uses it, so...NO! XD

Gaston

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 03:19:43 am »
Well, Q has a reason to say so, after I suggested DC as a co-developer of LXE, after all already is project assistant, and may have hopes to help  Rye in developing LXE instead of just saying what the games needs and needing Rye to execute the suggestion. I don't really see a bad side of the post, unless it turns out it is completely unserious.
26 Mars 2007

Tafka

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 03:26:18 pm »
You could make any types of patches like this. Even hacks :S
Thats bad :P
But good job with this one.

Ruki

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 03:53:01 pm »
Yeah you COULD, or in most cases you even COULDN'T since most of people aren't capable of doing it. There is nothing bad in fixing bugs.

QuafaS

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 07:39:46 pm »
All I'm saying, is that I'm studying C++ to help Rye in programming wise aswell, not just making suggestions and finding buges he could fix etc. As a project assistant I wish to do something else than managing forums (answering to questions, updating news and such) myself, not just tell him to.

Maybe I wasn't clear enough but sure, DC could and can help, but he said he doesn't have enough knowledge of C++ at the moment. I just thought it was a good moment to tell you that Rye will have more support in the future. And that DarkCharlie's don't have to start studying it just because noone other will.

What's meaningless in letting people know that I'm studying C++ to hopefully do some 'own' work to the game in the future. I have said nothing about what I would do because obviously I'm still in the studying phase.

And as far as I see, we don't announce anything till we are done.
What's this supposed to mean?
~ Q

We're the biggest,
The Best!
Better than the rest!

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 06:32:29 am »
Fortunately, [RIP] clan is fully independant and doesn't need to "count" on UBER programmers from this community, but we will handle it on our own. And as far as I see, we don't announce anything till we are done. Talking about "I might, I will, maybe I will catch up, probably I will be able to" is just.. ej, does it really need a comment? Anyway, Q, do your work, toy with development, and good luck witht hat all. But as for now, you came with nothing more but meaningless words. If everything will go fine, there will be a "little" competition. I just wodner who will be the winner.

Now the aesthetic side of Run's post.
I do mind this, cuz it's simply disgusting.
Also, look at the content... what else was his post, if not announcing to everyone "HEEEEY!!! It's MEEE!! Mighty Q!!! I'm not dead yet, look, I will be CO-DEVELOPER!! So cool!! *cmooooooooooooooock in my ass*" ? Where is any good? You mean the great news? Ah yes, and I believe it was so damn much related to the topic...

And another easthetic detail --> if you gonna use shorter nicks for me, at least write them with capital letter. I'm Raz, not raz. If it's too hard for you, then call me Mr Raziel The Uber PhotoShop Graphic Designer Who Never Kisses His Own Ass. You can skip the capital letters.

It seems that this independet RIP has something against QuafaS, and you really wan't to see all bad when QuafaS is saying or doing anything, it seems to be real fashion for RIP to give critic (Ruki's book etc), well sometimes critic has good affect indeed, but mayby you should also look mirror (don't you think your reaction was pretty harsh here MR Raziel?).

I think Mr Raziel  you didn't even bothered to read why Q posted that to here. It seems that you have made picture of Q inside of your head, and no matter what he says, you just react based on your "picture" you have created about him.

Why don't just give chance for all to prove if they can help developement of this game..

Btw goodjob with this LX guardian :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:34:41 am by MiLeC »

Asrack

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2006, 07:20:40 am »
All I am going to say is, Good luck QuafaS, I had a hard time learning C++, but its good to know it.

Anyway, good luck.

Raziel

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2006, 09:52:46 am »
MiLeC, I have no idea what a random wind did bring you here with your long post.

I hope you don't expect, I will write down all the logic mechanisms which made me react in this, and not any other way.

Being very ontopic here, I will answer one thing.
I never bother myself to comment in a harsh way, before I will not read a target-post at least twice, so I will be sure I got it correct.

Btw, someone should edit post of this moron above, who wrote too much. Not everyone has isntalled the patch yet. [Post deleted by Spectro]

« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 02:34:52 pm by SpectrumFire »

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 12:27:09 pm »
Well actually I just downloaded this Guardian and read comments about it, and got confused why are you attacking to QuafaS when he is obviosly trying to make something for the LX community, I dont belive that his reasons could be just building up ego.

Same goes also with that Dark Charlie thingy, if he can offer some kind of help I think Rye and QuafaS should be more open to these guys who offers help.

But is it good thing if there is coming two diffrent versions? I mean even other would be better than LXE, there would still be original 0.56, updated, LXE and 0.61,  wouldn't it be too confusing?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 12:30:35 pm by MiLeC »

Ruki

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 06:05:28 pm »
I know some of C++ too. One day i WILL know a lot more about it. Now this is getting somewhere...

Anyway...
This are CURRENT versions:
0,62b - dead
0,66 - dead
LXE (demo?)

This WILL be versions in near future:
0,56 patched (i believe still compactable with 0,56 unpatched)
0,61 ???
0,62b - dead
0,66 - dead
LXE

Milec what is 0,61?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 09:14:50 pm by Ruki »

Gaston

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 06:20:19 pm »
0.61 is one of the last versions Jason released. 0.62b is the last version he realeased before making the project open source.
26 Mars 2007

Ruki

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2006, 09:06:14 pm »
I know that 0,61 is one of Jason's test versions after 0,66. I was asking Milec what 0,61 has to do with RELEASED READY TO PLAY versions if noone ever plays 0,62; yet who will play 0,61...

Killer_$$$?

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 05:09:54 pm »
Exactly so that it serves this? ???

Ruki

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 11:15:03 pm »
Exactly so that it serves this? ???
If you are trying to find out what is the purpose of this patch... LieroX 0,56 has bugs. One of them is server crashing. Some time ago people were abusing this bug. This patch prevents other to mess with your server.

If you have old version, you should think about downloading this http://lxalliance.net/smf/index.php/topic,3071.0.html

Hidden Dragon

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 12:55:46 am »
Hey i tried downloading LXGuardian v. 1.0.1.120, but the link you give does not work. Is there any other place where i can get LXGuardian v. 1.0.1.120?
{PRPboss} Fu: {PRP} Is The Best Clan in North America

HiddenDragon: PRP is not the best anything
Made My Day When he said that

Swift

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 07:51:26 am »
Its already inside OLX so no need to download this anymore.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up