Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!  (Read 2736 times)

Kurko

Re: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 08:58:59 pm »
I'm not seeing much sense to continue 0.59 development, it's a graveyard of unfinished ideas, no one is playing Gusanos mods, and aside from Gusanos and stereo audio, 0.59 does not offer anything other than bugs.  Lua mods are cool and all, but who is going to create them?

The only thing that irritates me in regard to our projectile-based mod engine is that napalm and grenades can get stuck inside the wall and not explode if you throw them with enough speed. I am going to try to make a fix for this, as a game option. Another bug was with your own shots hitting you from behind if you run forward and shoot, but I did not notice this problem at all in 0.58rc3, our little hacky fix seems to work good enough.

I'm not sure if this is related, but one thing that annoys me in 0.58 are the problems in hit detection. This is especially apparent when playing mortars: When a mortar projectile hits a player who is moving, you often see it exploding but the player is not damaged. As far as I remember, this did not happen in 0.56, and I think it is better in 0.59 too.

As for 0.59 development, I understand that it requires plenty of effort to get it working properly, and the community is rather inactive now. I'm ready to help with testing and even with code, although my C++ skills are pretty limited and I'm not very familiar with the OLX code architecture.

Midnight

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:47 pm »
Nice to see that there are still some worms maintainng LX :)

And there are from time to time still players playing LX.  8)
Emma Watson <333

<3

pelya

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2018, 09:35:38 pm »
New gamemod is available on dedicated servers, called Newgun.

You can start it with a command:

!go new

It's closer to 'proper' Gun Game from other games - each time you score a kill, you are given a new weapon (same weapon with full ammo in each weapon slot).

Weapon progression is chosen at random during start, and is the same for all players. The game randomly selects 5 'good' weapons, then 5 'average', then 5 'weak' weapons, for 15 total, so scoring a kill becomes progressively harder.

After some thinking, I've removed a penalty for suicide - you will keep the same weapon, only your score will decrease. But if you did not reach 15 kills after going through all weapons, you will keep getting Dart and Uzi.

Weapons are distributed like this.

Good tier: Doomsday, Cannon, Napalm, Spikeballs, Super Shotgun, Larpa, Laser, Minigun, Rifle.

Average tier: Bazooka, Bouncy Larpa, Bouncy Mine, Chaingun, Explosives, Flamer, Gauss Gun, Handgun, Mini Rockets, Winchester, Zimm.

Weak tier: Big Nuke, Blaster, Crackler, Float Mine, Grasshopper, Hellraider, Mine, Mini Nuke, RB Rampage, Shotgun.

Loser tier for suiciders: Dart, Uzi.

Not used, because useless: Booby Trap, Chiquita Bomb, Cluster bomb, Dirt Ball, Greenball, Grenade.

I'd like to hear some comments about how I grouped these weapons, or if you want anything else changed.

Booby Trap is identical to Mine, only the color is different, but Marten did not like it, so it's not used. On the other hand, both Big Nuke and Mini Nuke are used, but are as easy to avoid as Grenade.

Edit: I've also built 0.58 rc4 release, only Windows version for now: https://github.com/albertz/openlierox/releases/tag/0.58_rc4

Edit2: Debian binaries for 0.58 rc4, at the usual location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/openlierox/files/openlierox/OpenLieroX%200.58%20rc4/
Sourceforge was in some kind of emergency for a week, so I've also uploaded releases to Github.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:16:05 pm by pelya »

Punisher for real

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2018, 11:05:40 am »
Damn nice to hear some news in this game! Nice job pelya!

havent played this game since year ???? something but what i noticed in this new game mod was:

-if its everytime 5 same weps, is it possible to just force 1 weapon for use?
-Weapon tiers are okay but mininuke should be atleast mid tier or even good tier. Even 1 mininuke is kinda ulimate spam wep but if you have 5 them its kinda instant kill.

Nothing more to add. tho its nice to have new gamemodes than new game options. Theres many great ideas for good gamemodes which could bring some greatness to this game.
Kumivene on vene, joka puhalletaan täyteen tarpeen tullen. You know what, i like to swim alot but i dont like to slick lick random asses peaces of shit2

https://i.imgur.com/V9sBcf2.png

pelya

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 03:08:02 am »
Should I advertise OpenLieroX to new people? I'm pretty okay playing only with people from this forum, but how about some influx of fresh blood? noobs to humiliate

-if its everytime 5 same weps, is it possible to just force 1 weapon for use?

Yes it's possible to force only 1 weapon slot, but people are used to comboing, and it's more fun this way.

-Weapon tiers are okay but mininuke should be atleast mid tier or even good tier. Even 1 mininuke is kinda ulimate spam wep but if you have 5 them its kinda instant kill.

In practice it's more like a suicide weapon, and it's pretty easy to hop to the ceiling and avoid it. Although I've seen some expertly timed Mininukes, where the initial explosion killed someone, not the debris spam afterwards.

Kurko

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2018, 11:48:53 am »
Nice stuff. :P I haven't yet tried to play 0.58rc4 (there weren't any players when I was about to) but I'll do at some point.

Having new players might be nice but how do you plan to achieve that? There has been discussions and plans about getting OLX to Steam but they didn't progress.

See:

http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,15882.msg244615.html#msg244615

http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,15605.msg241511.html#msg241511

I think Mini Nuke is quite a strong weapon because it flies fast and the fragments cause damage, unlike those of Big Nuke.

Tafka

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2018, 09:18:52 pm »

Whats with this?

pelya

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2018, 11:08:11 pm »
Type 'sex' in the dedicated server console for a randomly-generated juicy message. It has no game-related functions.

I'll move Mininuke to the upper tier in Newgun mode.

I'm not planning Steam release, I was going to post to AndroidGaming subreddit, but honestly I think I'm the only one who can use touchscreen controls, a lot of people there use Bluetooth gamepads, so maybe it's okay, if you can look past the unexcusably broken physics and weird weapons. It will probably go unnoticed anyway, there are a lot of 'look I've made a game' posts, with low-quality games or poorly-veiled advertisements. And before that I want to add a feature to https://liero.1337.cx/ to get a notification to your phone when someone is playing on dedicated servers, I think it's important for low-activity multiplayer game (but it's PHP, eh, and Node.js is black magic to me).

Punisher for real

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 09:30:13 pm »
Type 'sex' in the dedicated server console for a randomly-generated juicy message. It has no game-related functions.

I'll move Mininuke to the upper tier in Newgun mode.

I'm not planning Steam release, I was going to post to AndroidGaming subreddit, but honestly I think I'm the only one who can use touchscreen controls, a lot of people there use Bluetooth gamepads, so maybe it's okay, if you can look past the unexcusably broken physics and weird weapons. It will probably go unnoticed anyway, there are a lot of 'look I've made a game' posts, with low-quality games or poorly-veiled advertisements. And before that I want to add a feature to https://liero.1337.cx/ to get a notification to your phone when someone is playing on dedicated servers, I think it's important for low-activity multiplayer game (but it's PHP, eh, and Node.js is black magic to me).

So you tried mininuke in action ;).

Im kinda oldskool player or i think so. What i think is that touchscreen in lx wont bring any players at our scene. What i think is that steam would be awesome portal to go through tho we are about 5 years behind. Anyways steam would be great point to get noticed and if someday/year 2d liero style game goes viral there is steam version of it. Then lx could take a leap.

Tafka, cmon those commands were out years ago and you could just type 1 letter and use TAB to complete the commands. Anyways nice to see you still here too! Some random games maybe in some random year would be nice  8)
Kumivene on vene, joka puhalletaan täyteen tarpeen tullen. You know what, i like to swim alot but i dont like to slick lick random asses peaces of shit2

https://i.imgur.com/V9sBcf2.png

pelya

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 12:41:09 am »
Unfortunately, Steam won't be happening, or at least won't be my doing - I don't even have Windows on my PC, neither at work nor at home. I cannot even publish it to Windows Store (not like anyone uses that crap). Android version is the only one I can somehow promote, as an active member of that community.

Kurko

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2018, 11:20:16 am »
So you tried mininuke in action ;).

Im kinda oldskool player or i think so. What i think is that touchscreen in lx wont bring any players at our scene. What i think is that steam would be awesome portal to go through tho we are about 5 years behind. Anyways steam would be great point to get noticed and if someday/year 2d liero style game goes viral there is steam version of it. Then lx could take a leap.

Tafka, cmon those commands were out years ago and you could just type 1 letter and use TAB to complete the commands. Anyways nice to see you still here too! Some random games maybe in some random year would be nice  8)

:P :P :P

Touchscreen is not a good way to play LX but it's the fundamental method on smartphones and tablets so it must be included.

Gamepad, on the other hand, should work very well. Because the aim speed is limited, computer players (with mouse) won't gain any advantage so Android/gamepad players and computer/keyboard(/mouse) players can easily play together.

Unfortunately, Steam won't be happening, or at least won't be my doing - I don't even have Windows on my PC, neither at work nor at home. I cannot even publish it to Windows Store (not like anyone uses that crap). Android version is the only one I can somehow promote, as an active member of that community.

Steam is available for Linux too but I'm not sure if they require Windows compatibility tests...

Android is fine of course. I don't know anything about Windows Store.

I agree with Puni - getting OLX to Steam via the Greenlight program would have been easier in 2014 than it is now. I don't know about direct publishing, but I guess that the requirements might be stricter.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:24:14 am by Kurko »

Kurko

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2018, 09:49:03 am »
I tried 0.58rc4, compiled from latest Github source, yesterday. Some test results:

First startup took very long. This might be related (note: no joystick or controller was connected at this point):

Code: [Select]
n: video mode was set successfully
n: SDL_AUDIODRIVER=pulse
n: SoundSystem initialised, 1000 channels allocated
n: Initializing ready
libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
n: PhysicsEngine LX56 physics loaded
n: Initing joysticks temporary...
n: Amout of available joysticks: 0
W: possible lock of game thread detected
n: unloading PhysicsEngine LX56 physics ..

When I switched to windowed mode and back, the game freezed for some time. This happened just once. The following might be related.

n: video mode was set successfully
W: possible lock of game thread detected
H: Still locked after 5 seconds. Current threads:
n: thread 'IngameConsole handler': working
n: thread 'queued task handler': working
n: thread 'CHttpDownloadManager helper': working
n: thread 'mainloop': working
n: thread 'main lock detector': working
n: thread 'socket 1 read event checker': working
n: thread 'socket 1 error event checker': working
n: thread 'socket 2 read event checker': working
n: thread 'socket 2 error event checker': working
H: Free system memory: 1120412 KB
H: Cache size: 39981 KB
W: deltatime 26.245 is too high
n: resetting video mode

I also tried a PlayStation 3 controller and it worked but not perfectly. The D-pad didn't work at all. The left stick worked without problems but the right stick only worked left/right. The game apparently thought that the controller is a 3-axis joystick.

I played this on Fedora Linux. I don't know about Android.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 09:52:21 am by Kurko »

paksukainen

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2018, 11:21:56 pm »
Hey Pelaya,

Do you think you could reduce the voting time after typing a vote?
Now that it is 40seconds the next rounds begins before the voting ends if there is'nt a majority vote.
It gets annoying because the level settings change when you go back to the lobby. Then you have to vote again to change it back,and then the same thing happens again because the voting time is longer than the down time between rounds.

Other than that server seems to be working pretty well at the moment :)

/Pak

pelya

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2018, 10:09:35 pm »
Voting time is reduced to 30 seconds, I also fixed the problem when the server would auto-accept the vote if no one said !n in 40 seconds.
Japan server is closed, since no one played on it.
Server activity statistics.

Marten

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2018, 07:19:47 pm »
Hi pely, there's a problem with your DE server. If more than one player connect, we get the message "server is full". Would be nice if you can check that - the ping in the other one, the US server, feels like playing on Moon ;).

Greez and thank you!
Mart
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.

pelya

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2018, 08:33:09 pm »
Server restarted.

n: CHAT: [Emp]^PulVer</3"dK": !set lives 10
H: DedicatedControl: message: 2018-04-21 13:01:19 -- USERCOMMAND -- [Emp]^PulVer</3 : Set Lives to 10 for next 2 games
n: CHAT: [Emp]^PulVer</3"dK": !set maxkills 30
n: CHAT: [Emp]^PulVer</3"dK": !set max kills 20
H: DedicatedControl: message: 2018-04-21 13:01:40 -- USERCOMMAND -- [Emp]^PulVer</3 : Set MaxPlayers to kills 20 for next 2 games
n: I am full, so the new client cannot join
n: I am full, so the new client cannot join

Whoops  ::) Kurko told me about this bug before.
So the voting code recognized 'max' as 'MaxPlayers', and parsed the second argument, 'kills 20' as zero, because every string that's not a number is converted to zero implicitly. The correct variable name would be 'KillLimit', I should add few aliases.

Marten

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2018, 06:02:52 pm »
Thanks pelya, you're a important part in keeping the game alive!
Greez Marten
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up