Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc4
Players:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!  (Read 991 times)

Kurko

Re: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 08:58:59 pm »
I'm not seeing much sense to continue 0.59 development, it's a graveyard of unfinished ideas, no one is playing Gusanos mods, and aside from Gusanos and stereo audio, 0.59 does not offer anything other than bugs.  Lua mods are cool and all, but who is going to create them?

The only thing that irritates me in regard to our projectile-based mod engine is that napalm and grenades can get stuck inside the wall and not explode if you throw them with enough speed. I am going to try to make a fix for this, as a game option. Another bug was with your own shots hitting you from behind if you run forward and shoot, but I did not notice this problem at all in 0.58rc3, our little hacky fix seems to work good enough.

I'm not sure if this is related, but one thing that annoys me in 0.58 are the problems in hit detection. This is especially apparent when playing mortars: When a mortar projectile hits a player who is moving, you often see it exploding but the player is not damaged. As far as I remember, this did not happen in 0.56, and I think it is better in 0.59 too.

As for 0.59 development, I understand that it requires plenty of effort to get it working properly, and the community is rather inactive now. I'm ready to help with testing and even with code, although my C++ skills are pretty limited and I'm not very familiar with the OLX code architecture.

Midnight

Re: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:47 pm »
Nice to see that there are still some worms maintainng LX :)

And there are from time to time still players playing LX.  8)
Emma Watson <333

<3
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

anything