Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!  (Read 3667 times)

paksukainen

Dedicated servers are down Kurko!
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:01:47 pm »
Yo Kurko!

Your servers are down :'( ,what's up with this?
I hope this is only a temporary problem!

/Pak

Marten

Re: Dedicated servers are down Kurko!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »
Heyo

Unfortunately, there's still no server online since Kurkos, GunGame, Môrtsland and the other went down last week.

Is maybe someone in this forum able to set up a constant server als alternative playing room to the ones of Kurko? Last thursday, paksu and I couldnt play because we both were not able to host/join a private server.

It would be really sad if liero could not be played because of no servers.. :O

In this case I'll thank KatzeWurst and Haty for helping with hosting the last few days.

Best wishes - and hope to see you guys later
-Mart
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.

Blob(KatzeWurzt)

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:06:18 pm »
I think that without dedicated servers Lx will die out guickly...

Kurko

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 09:46:18 pm »
Wouldn't the previous thread have been enough for this...? Anyway, looks like the servers have crashed at some point but I don't yet know why. I'm away from home and the computer doesn't respond via SSH either so I can't investigate it right now but I suspect a hardware failure. Maybe we'll know more tomorrow or Tuesday...

paksukainen

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 11:08:32 pm »
Ok,good to hear that you are alive and well!
Didn't mean to nag about it :-[. Just wanted to inform you that the servers were down if you were unaware of it.

I'm not a computer guy,so it means alot that smart guys like you dedicate time and resources to host servers!
The reason i started playing liero again after a long absence was thanks to your servers!
Most of the time i'm unable to join the servers that people are hosting. I can see the servers but they are "blue" and i can't join  :'(.

Anyway,sorry for the rant. I hope it isn't a big problem and you get it fixed!
Thank you for keeping liero alive Kurko!!

/Pak

Marten

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2018, 12:49:40 pm »
Hi Kurko and Co.

Unfortunately Kurkos servers are down again since moreless one week. Are you going to fix that? We (Katze, Haty and me) tried to host too, but nevertheless we are going to miss your servers ;D

Best wishes, Mart
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason so few engage in it.

Kurko

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2018, 09:05:54 pm »
Yeah, I took the server offline because I'm moving away from my current apartment. I may put it back at some point, but I don't yet know when.

There seems to be several other dedicated servers online at the moment which you can play on too.

pelya

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 06:48:17 pm »
These are mine.

Marten, which mod do you prefer to play? Do you know how to vote and stuff?

Marten

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2018, 11:15:39 am »
Hi Pelya

First thx for you servers! We mostly play Classic Mod, Rifles, Gungame (Liero 1.0) and also Morts.

I know how to vote and we tested your servers and recognized some troubles with it, but that depends maybe on the use of older versions of the game.

One thing which is a little confusing is the fast restart after a round is finished. The ranking screen does not appear, the game immediately restart. We had also some performance problems (as example a player shots one Napalm and it shows up like 2 or 3 naps get shot).

But like I said - these are maybe problems because of the game version.

Greets, Mart

paksukainen

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 08:10:45 pm »
These are mine.

Marten, which mod do you prefer to play? Do you know how to vote and stuff?

Hey pelya!
First of all thank you for hosting! However unfortunatly there are quite a few bugs with your server:
-Throws everyone sometimes out complaining that your liero version is too old?
-Self dmg doesn't work.
-Sometimes 2-3shots will fire even though you only press once.
-Guns fire by themself when you spawn sometimes.
-Dmg ratings are totally ****ed up.

Settings that needs to be changed:
-Downtime between rounds,so you can discuss results(30seconds perhaps?).
-Game starts when 2players have joined,not with only 1.(You have to set map/mod again when someone joins and start over.)
-Longer rounds(15min. perhaps?) and set max kills(15 maybe?).

I hope you take this as constructive criticism,and not a rant.

/Pak

Kurko

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 10:55:23 am »
Hi Pelya

One thing which is a little confusing is the fast restart after a round is finished. The ranking screen does not appear, the game immediately restart. We had also some performance problems (as example a player shots one Napalm and it shows up like 2 or 3 naps get shot).

But like I said - these are maybe problems because of the game version.

Greets, Mart

First of all thank you for hosting! However unfortunatly there are quite a few bugs with your server:
-Throws everyone sometimes out complaining that your liero version is too old?
-Self dmg doesn't work.
-Sometimes 2-3shots will fire even though you only press once.
-Guns fire by themself when you spawn sometimes.

-Dmg ratings are totally ****ed up.

Three of the currently running servers seem to be using 0.59b11 which is newer than the current stable version (0.58 rc3). If there are new features enabled, it will kick 0.58 users out.

The highlighted issues sound similar as those reported when 0.59b10 was released. I'm not sure about the others.

The 0.59b10 release thread is here:
http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,13681.0.html

0.59b10 is buggy and I don't recommend it for other use than testing. 0.59b11 is (AFAIK) only available via Git and must be compiled from source.

pelya

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 06:00:00 pm »
I've upgraded the server to 0.58-rc3, enabled 30 second wait in lobby, set minplayers to 2,  timelimit to 15 minutes, maxkills to 15, and enabled self-damage.

Gungame will be a bit complicated, I need to make a special weapon ban list for it. Which mod is usually used for gungame?

Quote from: Kurko link=topic=15994.msg244890#msg244890
0.59b10 is buggy and I don't recommend it for other use than testing.

This was supposed to be the best version ever :'(

I think I'll also upgrade Android version to 0.58, because 0.59 builds for eternity and produces network errors with older servers for no reason, which is stupid, because the network protocol changed very little between 0.58 and 0.59, and I don't have any desire to dive into the fossilized dumpster fire which is our net engine.

paksukainen

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 06:41:34 pm »
Server is now working much better  :) !
Only thing left is to enable suicides,so you get negative dmg every time you kill yourself!

Would also be great if you could add gungame mod,liero v1.0 is used for this.

/Pak

pelya

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 08:36:16 pm »
I've enabled negative score and added gungame preset to the ded server, select it using command

!mod gungame

Kurko

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2018, 09:20:50 pm »
The pseudo-GunGame preset used by me was Liero 1.0 with only Dart enabled and all other weapons set to appear from bonus crates only.

The original-style(?) GunGame* might be possible with 0.59 too, as 0.59 supports Lua scripting. But 0.59 is apparently still buggy. It would be nice to see it in finished state as it contains lots of new stuff, but my C++ skills are quite limited and I guess the developers have other things to do as well. :P

*In this sort of GunGame you start with one weapon, typically a weak one, and get a better weapon after each kill. The last weapon is typically a tricky one.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 09:24:57 pm by Kurko »

pelya

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 02:26:05 pm »
My version of Gungame is how Marten did it, with no weapon at all at start.
Dart is too OP IMO, Fan or dirt pooping gun would be a better starting weapon.
As an alternative, killing someone would spawn a bonus weapon on that place. But other players can pick it.

paksukainen

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »
Tried the gungame mod yesterday,worked fine!

Good job comrade!

/Pak

pelya

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2018, 03:12:35 am »
I've tried to fix gungame not spawning bonuses on DE server, please tell if it works.
The server also got a new command for simpler selection of mod+map:
!go gun labr
'cause Hardz was trying to say !go yesterday in chat.
I've also been collecting statistics about daily server usage, it only shows dedicated servers for now.
This game is surprisingly not dead yet, but only in Europe, and no one ever plays on Japan server.
In unrelated news, Android release was approved for Android TV. Not like anyone got that fancy smart TV anyway (I certainly don't, I do not even have regular TV).
Is anyone interested in 0.58RC4? The list of changes so far is keyboard navigation for game menus and a fix for rope warping on infinite level (Kittenwurst was playing that silliness).
And if you can think up how to improve touchscreen controls, I am always listening (no aimbot suggestions plz)

Kurko

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 04:25:36 pm »
Is anyone interested in 0.58RC4? The list of changes so far is keyboard navigation for game menus and a fix for rope warping on infinite level (Kittenwurst was playing that silliness).
And if you can think up how to improve touchscreen controls, I am always listening (no aimbot suggestions plz)

Count me in, although I'd be more interested in finished 0.59.

Touchscreen will never be a good way to control this game, but I think a gamepad should work really well. Because aim speed is limited, TV/phone players and other gamepad users do not even have disadvantages compared to computer players.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:28:55 pm by Kurko »

pelya

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 06:12:40 pm »
Count me in, although I'd be more interested in finished 0.59.

I'm not seeing much sense to continue 0.59 development, it's a graveyard of unfinished ideas, no one is playing Gusanos mods, and aside from Gusanos and stereo audio, 0.59 does not offer anything other than bugs.  Lua mods are cool and all, but who is going to create them?

The only thing that irritates me in regard to our projectile-based mod engine is that napalm and grenades can get stuck inside the wall and not explode if you throw them with enough speed. I am going to try to make a fix for this, as a game option. Another bug was with your own shots hitting you from behind if you run forward and shoot, but I did not notice this problem at all in 0.58rc3, our little hacky fix seems to work good enough.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything