Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: King of Classic 2015  (Read 21181 times)

Boomboy

Re: King of Classic 2015
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2015, 01:35:46 am »
Maybe just ban Qaz?

Miika has a point.

Edit: Also ban Slako and Filimons cause they have aimspeed hax too.
Edit2: I dunno how you gonna ban yourself as tourney host but im sure you will figure it out.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:39:48 am by Boomboy »

Midnight

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2015, 12:05:35 pm »
In my eyes any change of default setting has called to be a way to get an easier win=hack.

Dirt problem: It actually is an advantage over ur opponent. Reason gave oneill:
Yea qaz, I was a bit pissed since you managed to fly through dirt instead of getting stuck and killed to it, by me. There you go, an example of unfair situation with dirthack.

Aimspeed problem:
I think i never played the aimspeed changed lx but i can imagine it is a hack, too.

So either disqualify Qaz or to be cool let them replay their duel.

And kinda didn't wonder about ur statement:
For what it's worth i dont think you should replay your duel.

People are always coming up with excuses in this game, lag, high aim speed, dirt hax, hosting advantage, bad keyboard etc.

If people would actually remove dirt from game they would see that it's not much of an advantage at all, and when it comes to aim speed i think it's one of the best features in rc3, it raises the competetiveness in this game. Miikizzle is just doing anything to win, including whining now, don't  encourage it.
Emma Watson <333

<3

Midnight

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand:

I wrote Sorz at 14th of February (on St. Valentine's day- how romantic, isnt it?) and he hasn't answer me yet for a specific date to duel. Though he has been active at LXA forum last time at 5th of March and he actually could read my pm.

So Sorz honey, I am waiting. 8)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:27:48 pm by Midnight »
Emma Watson <333

<3

Bizkit

« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2015, 01:06:29 pm »
Everyone using something other than the default skin should be BANNED. You also ought to use CTRL to shoot and SPACE to rope or prepare to be DISQUALIFIED. FPS should be 41 - no exceptions. Strafe = capital punishment.

Herr Flick

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2015, 01:13:08 pm »
Aimspeed is game-supported tweak just like key settings or strafe.
I increased my speed a few weeks ago and I get molested in close combat. It takes skill, practice and dedication to play with this, with specific advantages and disadvantages. IMO a fair tweak.

Dirt hack is; re myself; just sad.

Why am I even commenting again. Lol.

Bizkit

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2015, 01:25:13 pm »
I increased my speed a few weeks ago and I get molested in close combat. It takes skill, practice and dedication to play with this, with specific advantages and disadvantages. IMO a fair tweak.

Could you clarify what you mean when you refer to dirt hack?

Does the user deliberately reproduce it? Is it connection/client related? Do you have to alter game files to use it?

Qaz,

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2015, 02:40:00 pm »

Does the user deliberately reproduce it? Is it connection/client related? Do you have to alter game files to use it?

they dont even know what they are talking about lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 02:48:02 pm by Qaz, »

BlueTiger

« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2015, 04:17:32 pm »
lol.

Why does it matter if people can aim faster? It makes your aim way more inaccurate and it's in the settings to change. I couldn't dream of playing with the default aim speed and especially acceleration after playing with my aim speed for so long.
Roar!

Bizkit

« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »
lol.

Why does it matter if people can aim faster? It makes your aim way more inaccurate and it's in the settings to change. I couldn't dream of playing with the default aim speed and especially acceleration after playing with my aim speed for so long.

Aye, it's a really weak excuse.

It's comparable to altering mouse-sensitivity/speed or aimspeed in games like dota, league of legends or call of duty. In those games changing the value is an in-game feature  and frankly - that's the case in Liero too. I find it amusing that it's being debated even on current level.  :P

Now as for the dirt-hack/bug, can anyone actually describe it? Is it an exploit or a client-sided bug?

Qaz,

« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2015, 04:54:04 pm »
level thingy in main menu when you start liero

miikizzle

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2015, 05:39:36 pm »

It's comparable to altering mouse-sensitivity/speed or aimspeed in games like dota, league of legends or call of duty. In those games changing the value is an in-game feature  and frankly - that's the case in Liero too. I find it amusing that it's being debated even on current level.  :P

Now as for the dirt-hack/bug, can anyone actually describe it? Is it an exploit or a client-sided bug?

Nope, definetely not comparable at all. Also not an excuse. You see, in FPS-games you can still move your crossahair fast even with lowest sensitivity cause you can just move the mouse faster. In LX, you have 1 aimspeed, and it will move with that speed only. There is no mouse/analog stick aiming in LX, so obviously faster speeds have the advantage.

The dirt "hack" is basically just editing your levels with the built-in level editor in LX. What qaz has done with it is removed all dirt from certain levels. This makes it so that where others have dirt and have to dig through it, qaz doesnt. He can just fly through it since theres no dirt. On other players' screens it shows that qaz is flying through the dirt.

lol.

Incorrect. I tried it, it's not hard to aim with it. And after you get used to it, your aim is definetely on par with default aimspeed, it's just faster. So, no disadvantages of any kind really.

And let me repeat myself for the THIRD time, AIMSPEED options are NOT in the REGULAR options, which i think should be the ONLY options AVAILABLE in online play. The reason for this, again, is because im quite sure the developers meant aimspeed changes only to be available in hosts settings in offline play and online, where it affects all players and is in effect on that server only. Until someone proves this wrong, further arguements about aimspeed being legit cause "its in lx settings" are irrelevant. If aimspeed changing was intended to be allowed in online play, why don't those options exist in the regular(personal) options then?

Please, before you guys reply, read the whole thing.

Boomboy

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2015, 05:47:08 pm »
How do i hack my liero to make it faster aim speed?
I can't see anything in options area...

Herr Flick

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2015, 06:15:43 pm »

I have no idea.
But in effect, it's le warp through le dirt.

Boomboy,
Many options are not shown in menu.
Type / and press <TAB> button to auto complete / show possible commands.
Like /setvar game <TAB>. Bunch of things show up.

Or go to docs/openlierox/cfg/options.cfg to see a list of vars.

Bizkit

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2015, 06:33:06 pm »

Nope, definetely not comparable at all. Also not an excuse. You see, in FPS-games you can still move your crossahair fast even with lowest sensitivity cause you can just move the mouse faster. In LX, you have 1 aimspeed, and it will move with that speed only. There is no mouse/analog stick aiming in LX, so obviously faster speeds have the advantage.

I haven't played played cod or anything similar on PC so I can't draw comparisons there but at least on console controller the effect is identical. Or am I missing something? What's more beneficial in changing aimspeed/acceleration in LX compared to changing mouse-sensitivity on league of legends and console FPS games?

As far as I see it, increasing sensitivity/speed in any of those games gives you the potential to aim faster with higher risk of missing your target because it starts to require faster reaction time. It's a hit or miss. There is no argument for low, standardized aim sensitivity other than that some people are used to it and don't want others to have edge over themselves. People can benefit from only so much before face the limitations to human reaction time.

The dirt "hack" is basically just editing your levels with the built-in level editor in LX. What qaz has done with it is removed all dirt from certain levels. This makes it so that where others have dirt and have to dig through it, qaz doesnt. He can just fly through it since theres no dirt. On other players' screens it shows that qaz is flying through the dirt.

Not cool but I don't think this makes much of a difference.

And let me repeat myself for the THIRD time, AIMSPEED options are NOT in the REGULAR options, which i think should be the ONLY options AVAILABLE in online play. The reason for this, again, is because im quite sure the developers meant aimspeed changes only to be available in hosts settings in offline play and online, where it affects all players and is in effect on that server only. Until someone proves this wrong, further arguements about aimspeed being legit cause "its in lx settings" are irrelevant. If aimspeed changing was intended to be allowed in online play, why don't those options exist in the regular(personal) options then?

Please, before you guys reply, read the whole thing.

Are you in touch with developers or what do you base this on? Dark Charlie is an unicorn unless you prove otherwise

Boomboy

« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2015, 06:34:46 pm »
Im gonna be a wizard.

Qaz,

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2015, 06:42:41 pm »

I have no idea.
But in effect, it's le warp through le dirt.

Boomboy,
Many options are not shown in menu.
Type / and press <TAB> button to auto complete / show possible commands.
Like /setvar game <TAB>. Bunch of things show up.

Or go to docs/openlierox/cfg/options.cfg to see a list of vars.

lol or just go to game settings and search for ''aim speed'' and move it like you move loading time

also not sure wtf you are talking about because warping has nothing to do with this
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:45:40 pm by Qaz, »

Zom

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2015, 06:49:32 pm »
Miik

It's funny how you have bypassed my question now two times when you definitely know what I am talking about.

How come havent you ever said  a thing when fighting with/against me? I can assure you that i have brought this up many times when playing with you. In summary, whats the problem now if it hasnt been a problem for you for years before?

In fact, I dont remember you ever saying anything about maxaimspeed before koc. What about earlier times when you have fought qaz? I believe you havent whined about it in that matter either. Odd how you brought this up in koc, but not in tournaments years earlier in which you have participated.

This argument is dumb

Btw, with joni being kicked from the tournament, who am i fighting?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 06:59:28 pm by Zom »
I don't always finish my sentences, but when I do, I

SLak0n

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2015, 07:14:23 pm »
Miik

It's funny how you have bypassed my question now two times when you definitely know what I am talking about.

How come havent you ever said  a thing when fighting with/against me? I can assure you that i have brought this up many times when playing with you. In summary, whats the problem now if it hasnt been a problem for you for years before?

In fact, I dont remember you ever saying anything about maxaimspeed before koc. What about earlier times when you have fought qaz? I believe you havent whined about it in that matter either. Odd how you brought this up in koc, but not in tournaments years earlier in which you have participated.

This argument is dumb

Btw, with joni being kicked from the tournament, who am i fighting?

IRC

Maybe just ban Qaz?

Miika has a point.

Edit2: I dunno how you gonna ban yourself as tourney host but im sure you will figure it out.

I got default aimspeed. :3

Edit: Sorz kicked out from the tournament. He's taking way to long.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:16:06 pm by SLak0n »

Filmonss

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2015, 07:17:44 pm »
Maybe just ban Qaz?

Miika has a point.

hm? I have default aim speed. what are you talking about?
2010 Most Improved Award - Filmons
2014 Best Classic Player Award - Filmons

Boomboy

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2015, 08:02:46 pm »
For anyone fighting me in the future please note my aimspeed will be over 9000.

I agree that when you get used to higher aimspeed you can move around better and become more skilled, but it also gets harder to do so. Which is a perfect reason to encourage high aimspeed.

Qaz, Slako, Filmonss for instance move around in a way i havn't seen good players do before my break, and i think that's very exciting and a big reason i like playing classic again.

Slako - Qaz - Filmonss the Holy Trinity.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:04:42 pm by Boomboy »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up