Total servers: 2
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
DE nonstop + voting
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Level] Slime Facility  (Read 1601 times)

Kemp

[Level] Slime Facility
« on: June 11, 2014, 05:37:21 pm »
So, I made a slightly larger level than I usually do because people requested it.
This is what I came up with:

You can use the elevators by spamming the jump button underneath them instead of using the ninja rope. This hopefully will create some new ways to play.

Download at filebase:
http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=5799

Enjoy.
/Kemp

Old killer is hunting you down!

Herr Flick

Re: [Level] Slime Facility
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 06:30:28 pm »
Ffing genious man :)

Qaz,

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 06:37:11 pm »
some capture the flag maps would be cool there is only 2 right now what are play able

Tafka

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:42:00 pm »
That looks like sumer uber secret underground slime building stuff.

The level's looks and layout seems nice, something that would fit LX playing.

On the other hand - I think you made this level somewhat too tight on some areas. Looking at the down-left corner, I don't think anyone will go there. If you look at maps that are widely played in the past history - none of the tight spaced levels have really succeeded since lamda bunker. Could fill the level with some more creativity than making random walls and tunnels to some places.

What I like is the good variety of places to be in, you could have good fights in the upper area, the area on the right side near truck and also on the down right and down left side (little right from the tight area). This could be good for some bigger teamgames, in deathmatches might get too messy and all the action gathered to one area.

Midnight

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 06:53:57 pm »
When we tried it I have to say i like this map. Go on with map creating. U are on the right way.

The tunnels are awesome - something new. Tafka mentioned the left corner; the same as i told u. Just let's call it the Emp corner. hehehe :-*

Before commetning to this map, try it out first! It is refreshing!
Emma Watson <333

<3

SorZ

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 07:08:46 pm »
What do you guys have against the left corner? In my opinion it's exactly the same as the right bottom corner of Fossil Facility.
And it's nothing wrong with that one.

At least the lowest part of the left corner is good, maybe the stuff right above that is a bit too narrow though.

Edit:

The background and solid wall textures could look a little bit more interesting, if I should point something out.

But I really liked the idea with the elevators. Anyhow, nice to see some serious effort in a new level for once. Good job!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:13:20 pm by SorZ »

Tafka

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 07:11:21 pm »
Ye because I fking love that corner in fossil.

Kemp

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 09:08:14 am »
There will always be "too tight" areas and "too open" areas no matter how you design a level. Because every player prefers different styles. I personally prefer tighter maps since you can detect whos the more skillful player there, its not about running and spamming.

In this map I tried to meet both sides by making it "Fossil Facility-styled" with both open areas and tighter tricky labyrinths.
The fights tend to draw to the bottom mid part just under the elevator, and there's really no worries about that, cause it's one of the maps best parts. Seen alot of new tricks done with the elevator that makes it dynamic just there.

Old killer is hunting you down!

Magus_91

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 05:19:05 pm »
This is a pretty cool level. Fun fact - to the left of the elevator at the bottom, you can ride the ceiling on a slant.
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 12:50:28 am »
Let's play a classic cw in that map sometimes, T3?
That should give good amount of information.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Tafka

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2014, 04:25:10 am »
Let's play a classic cw in that map sometimes, T3?
That should give good amount of information.
Sure , if we ever meet in-game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up