Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An idea that needs help (mod)  (Read 1021 times)

Kemp

An idea that needs help (mod)
« on: May 16, 2014, 11:31:26 am »
Lately I've been hosting on my server putting on multiple mods and "force random weps" on. Some like it, some don't. For those who DO like it, I think it would be great to make a mod where you just copy all (or the 5-10 biggest) mods into one supermod. It would be great fun to play random weps in this mod, I have no experience in making mods, but I assume this would be of the "copy-paste" sort of jobs, wouldnt it?

Or is there like a max cap. of weps when you make mods or any other thing that makes this impossible?

If someone knows how to do this and want to help out, please let me know.

I also had another idea that is more directed to the lx developers. In most big fps games there is something called "gungame". It's a gamemod where everyone starts of with just one (bad) weapon. To get to the next weapon in the ladder you need to make a kill with this first weapon. The person first making a kill with the last and final weapon wins the game. To make this good with lierox it should be as a setting in the "Gametype" tab,  the ability to choose the amount of weapons in the ladder and the weapon order would be a needed addition in settings. Anyone else would like to see this?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 11:43:29 am by Kemp »

Old killer is hunting you down!

Herr Flick

Re: An idea that needs help (mod)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:59 pm »
So many variables, yet so little control.
Example -  no option to turn off rope via menu.

If we're gonna ask the devs to give liero new features, I would definitely vouch for an increase in user side modding.

Kemp, I like all modes!

Kurko

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 04:12:50 pm »
Combining multiple mods into one will be difficult as different mods have so different damage levels. (Think about MW and Liero 1.0).

GunGame and a bunch of other fancy stuff should be possible in 0.59 beta 10 as it supports Lua scripting.  Unfortunately it's very buggy and the developers seem to be busy doing other things than fixing OLX. :P

Asrack

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2014, 04:08:20 am »
It is possible now, slightly.

If you put on the settings
 > Bonus all weapons except one.
 > Allow only you to choose weapons everyone gets the game. (Forget what this is called, but its there.)
 > Start game. Everytime a bonus drops people will fight for it and the winner gets the better weapon.

Not quite the same but still works.

BlueTiger

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2014, 02:21:24 pm »
It is possible now, slightly.

If you put on the settings
 > Bonus all weapons except one.
 > Allow only you to choose weapons everyone gets the game. (Forget what this is called, but its there.)
 > Start game. Everytime a bonus drops people will fight for it and the winner gets the better weapon.

Not quite the same but still works.

That's not exactly gun game. I've played that before, and there is no real fighting to be had, its just who gets there quickest and therefore where the crate spawns. Some games I get 5 weapons, others I get none, it's just a matter of luck.

Btw, gun games are best when you start with the best weapon - otherwise the best players get to the best weapons quick and no one can do anything to them.
Roar!

Asrack

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »
The point was to offer an alternative for the time being seeing as the forums are dead.

RussG

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 05:49:26 pm »
Well you got yourself another convo
Pages: [1]   Go Up