Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The fact about LFR being the most boring level in the game - CHANGE THE DEFAULT  (Read 10685 times)

RussG

I am here to announce that the LFR! aka Liero Factory Revisited is outdated as a Default Clan War deciding round map.

Therefore I recommend that people start usign Sigma SB3 as a parallel universe to compete. It has the space of LFR, the scarcity of space of Lamda Bunker, and the amazingness of both combined.

This should be our first choice when it comes to decisive clan battles!

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Nope, because it's a too good map for lamers. In LFR u can always finish the game :D

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

BlueTiger

I actually think that the third set shouldn't include the mod previously played by the other two clans, unless they chose the same mod. If you play classic 24/7 you have an almost guaranteed 2-1 victory the way it stands.

A good idea should be 3 different mods that should be taken in order, if 1 is played, you go for 2, if 1 and 2 are played, you go for 3. Annoyingly though, people only play 2 sets so this list sucks ass.

1. Classic
2. Rifles
3. (Food Fight / Trick or Treat / WH40K / MSF II / Mortars)
Roar!

Ruki

Qaz,

it should be rifles lfr

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

It's called classic for a reason :P
I'd say maybe only thing to change is that LFM for 2v2 or 1v1 and lfr for 3v3 and 4v4...

BlueTiger

Classic is one of the most boring mods, only surpassing Morts and HVL IMHO. The only reason I play it is because everyone else does, knowing that I'll get a game or two of rifles along the way.

And classic isn't really classic, it's just a name. Dirt level, 100lt, no weps banned, Liero 1.0 is way more classic than classic will ever be.

Also - no. Never use LFM as neutral. That map is only good for WH40K... only okay for WH40K anyway.
Roar!

SorZ

LFR is a sacred place in this game, and shall remain sacred.
It's the most played level because it is the best one. Simple as that, not a coincidence.

BlueTiger

It's the most played level

No it's not, fossil facility is.
Roar!

Lodur

Maybe we could just modify the classic set? Lets unban zimm and spikeballs for instance.

Why not replace rifles 20lt with hg 20lt also! Oh, and mortars in x-arena would be an awesome 3rd round neutral set! Glad we are alle brainstorming here so lets not stop.

- everyone has to apologize and suicide after killing someone
- when times out, timer gets full 10 lives back
- 500lt darts only in Castle strike as mandatory set in Every CW
- Thor has to get a haircut
- clanwars are best of 4 so other clan gets a chance for a tie. Naturally the other clan loses on purpose so everyones happy and van get back to watching my little pony.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Maybe we could just modify the classic set? Lets unban zimm and spikeballs for instance.

Why not replace rifles 20lt with hg 20lt also! Oh, and mortars in x-arena would be an awesome 3rd round neutral set! Glad we are alle brainstorming here so lets not stop.

- clanwars are best of 4 so other clan gets a chance for a tie. Naturally the other clan loses on purpose so everyones happy and van get back to watching my little pony.

LFR is a sacred place in this game, and shall remain sacred.
It's the most played level because it is the best one. Simple as that, not a coincidence.

You hilarious but good sirs are getting karma when I'm sober tomorrow.. Too lazy to do it atm
Edit: Well Sorz not so hilarious, but good nevertheless.

SorZ

This ^

BlueTiger

As funny as this post is, I just don't see why you guys can't discuss this without making all these silly posted with no justification to the actual argument. The only legitimate argument so far is that LFR+Classic is the way Liero has always been played. Fair enough.

I mean, nothing's going to change, you're all too keen to keep LX the way it is, you're all too frightened of change, and I respect that. I'm just putting my two cents out there.
Roar!

RussG

Nah Ruki, man... LFM is not a valid option, it's just upgraded LFR. Personally I think it is close to sacriledge to original LF which nobody plays anywais.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:16:45 am by RussG »

Flare

Tetris with gauss guns was teh shit back in the day.

Legend

As funny as this post is, I just don't see why you guys can't discuss this without making all these silly posted with no justification to the actual argument. The only legitimate argument so far is that LFR+Classic is the way Liero has always been played. Fair enough.

I mean, nothing's going to change, you're all too keen to keep LX the way it is, you're all too frightened of change, and I respect that. I'm just putting my two cents out there.

A serious post then, BlueTiger.

LFr classic has been the standard setting for at least eight years now. It sure was the third setting when I started playing, and I haven't ever complained about it, rather I have worked hard to get better and better at it, even to this day. It would feel extremely harsh for me it to drop out at this point, and I'm sure it would demotivate many players quite a bit.

It's true enough that you have complete advantage over your opponents if you specialize classic, and you don't really have to know any other mods to be successful. That being said, everyone strives to get better at classic as it is so important, and there, we have competition. I would rather have one setting that even an average player can play well and which guarantees good matches, instead of having multiple settings where it is likely you'll get really noncompetitive games due to a massive skill cap at certain mods. I know most mods and can play them all pretty well, but then I have been around a long time and trained countless hours, but nowadays there aren't that many players who have time or any motivation to train every day. Certainly the majority of players today are over 18 years old, if not 20, compared to the times five or six years back when most of players were under 18 years old. You had time to practice then, but now? It would be really frustrating for most players that suddenly the third round was determined by some weird mod people haven't played that much ever really.

Well, let's just assume everyone here loses the plot completely and we agree the third setting should be something else. All right, how are we going to do this? By voting on LXA? Good rifle players obviously want it to be rifles, and they have a pretty strong case; like classic, rifles are popular and widely played. And there is quite a lot of rifle fans, if any sort of voting took place, for example here in LXA, I'd imagine rifles would be chosen by a large margin.

Then there's the case of multimods (1.11 Unlimited, 8-Bit Warfare, Food Fight / Trick or Treat / WH40K / MSF II / Modern Warfare 100lt and 20lt). BlueTiger suggested something like one of these gets selected for example if classic and rifles are already played. How do you actually do this? The two clans decide together? How do you believe the clans can agree on something? Obviously one clan wants this and another one that. Even if the two clans potentially could settle on something, the other clan might feel their opponents are far superior in that specific setting and thus want to pick something else. It's not going to work. Oh, and then there are those banning lists. It's a minor complaint, but it makes things a little more complicated, and dealing with multimods is complicated enough as it is. Classic LFr has been the answer to this for a long time, so why fix something that isn't broken? SorZ made a good point too, Classic LFr is very popular outside cws too because it just is so good, equally, multimods aren't that much played because those mods tend to be just shooting loads of crap as much as possible as quickly as you can. It is no coincidence games are played the way as they are now.

If you are desperate to get some diversity to the game, I'd say 1.0 100lt remains the neutral setting, but you are not allowed to choose it as your own setting. That would force clans to go multimods, all right. But then, I love classic, so I am not sure if I would like that, even if I can play other mods as well. I think a lot of other folk too, especially some older people like classic the best, so I am not so sure how well they would take this change, either. But then again, clanwars are not so often played any longer so perhaps a change would do no harm. The problem is how to organize it. You need voting, and good voting at that. LXA gathers most of the community today, but not every active or semi active player. To get a fair result, you need as much voters as possible. Obviously just a small group of active players could start playing clanwars on their own rules, but that would just be a giant mess when people suddenly played on different rules.

All in all, not further commenting on the need for any change, simply changing things now is incredibly tough, basically impossible without some people to be unhappy about it, but if you really want to get through it, good luck in organizing all that successfully.

Oh, by the way. You taunted us for being too frightened to change anything. You claim classic is boring, which I don't understand at all, I think it's easily the most intense and entertaining setting out there. Maybe you're just frustrated because it's massively difficult for you to compete in classic against players who are extremely good at it?

Best regards and happy Easter,

Keijo of [aC]

BlueTiger

Thank you, keijo, it's my Birthday, Christmas and Easter present all in one! :).

You make a valid point about the activity of the community, I really wouldn't want to mess with that.

However, I believe you misunderstood my 1,2,3 list. The third one with all those mods weren't for the players to choose during the clan war, it was for the community to choose and then be set in stone, so if clan A chose mod A, clan B, mod B, then the mod C would be chosen.

Also, multi-mods aren't always spam stuff randomly, it's only like that when you begin to play, I, and almost all players, play that way with every mod they've ever started playing, even classic.

Don't worry about my taunts, they were just there to get a response (which they did), rather than what was opposing my argument previously. By the way, I wouldn't say classic is boring to me because I'm bad at it, I'm still bored when I'm winning.
Roar!

Boomboy

Lol I read the first few lines of Lagurs post and thought he was actually making a real point...

Morts as third set would mean Emp wins every cw so its not fair.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

I'm also bored when I'm winning against noobs.. And I doubt you are winning against anyone else :P

Tafka

Or start using this: http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=4716

;)
This is actually something I would be OK with. Compared to LFr it has many good sides - less ways to camp, more ways to attack, more open space balanced with enough walls to be able to make nice moves around walls.

But LFr as a third shouldn't be a must indeed, I wouldn't see a reason why not to play Ore or Jukke as a 3rd map when 2 vs 2 clan wars. It's all up to playing clans anyway.

As for other mods - I don't think that would work out. Firstly, a lot of mods are made in a way where defensive player has bigger advantage over the one attacking, which would result in worse playing by the one who wants to win more. With classic the guns are slow enough and weak enough that if you use them badly (the less skilled player)  doesn't get too much advantage over the one trying to attack him. It's possible to do it though, quite difficult often to actually attack a player who is good and playing in a defensive way though. But compared to for example WH40K or  similar, guns are quicker and do more damage when shot from distance or while running away. It all comes down to players playing it - as long as both play nicely should be able to do equal games in those also.

But as guns in most mods are usually larger, faster and stronger, it takes little less of a good aim and moves and speed from the player to get kills there.

I actually like Food Fight and 1.11 myself, but these are rarely played in any server nowadays, and usually in stupid maps too. Greetings to Fossil.

While some people here were suggesting more options for clan wars, I would actually think it'd be good if some settings that clans take would be banned.

As in rifles in FF. The bullets go through nearly every wall, there's way less direct fighting and mostly just trying to keep yourself safe from enemy's shots while being able to hit the enemy. Means if both clans do it, it will turn into a wallshoot fest.

It's up to clans anyway, before you start - both clans could say their settings before the CW and 3rd round settings too if needed, if both agree - go ahead and make the war, if not, then just don't play the war and move on with your lives.

I wouldn't change the way as it is now either - as keijo and sorz said - they are played so much because they are the best settings there are. That's like evolution or something, where people have played all different kinds of mods but still remained to this, means it's for a reason.

Besides, I think someone who can play classic very well could play pretty much every mod well, aim and moving skills remain the same, just different guns.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 06:27:41 pm by Tafka »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up