Total servers: 2
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ March 17, 2019, 04:47:14 pm
DE nonstop + voting
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
US nonstop + voting
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting OpenLieroX Active  (Read 13089 times)

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
Re: Getting OpenLieroX Active
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2014, 07:35:43 pm »
It would be really cool if there was an in game clan system in which clanwars are special coordinated match types and the results are recorded within the game. Then there could be an elo system and there would be much more competition and incentive to play the game. I would be so ****ing happy if this were to happen. The only problem is more potential toxicity between players.
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

Ahmed

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2014, 07:40:40 pm »
It would be really cool if there was an in game clan system in which clanwars are special coordinated match types and the results are recorded within the game. Then there could be an elo system and there would be much more competition and incentive to play the game. I would be so ****ing happy if this were to happen. The only problem is more potential toxicity between players.

We had this, it was called clan base. It was amazing and had its own dedicated website. Then some clans ([FoH]) cheated so much and abused the system that the creator of it took it away. We have been without one since. I think it would be cool to have back though.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

Tafka

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:37 pm »
There's always been and always will be "toxicity" between players as long as there are clan wars. And it's not always a bad thing. Unless it gets ridiculously stupid.

We had this, it was called clan base. It was amazing and had its own dedicated website. Then some clans ([FoH]) cheated so much and abused the system that the creator of it took it away. We have been without one since. I think it would be cool to have back though.

It doesn't mean that we can't have a new clan base. I once put up the idea 3-4 years ago, a lot of players were for it. But since RuNyouFool was about to get his CB ready, it was denied after all. There's some external clan bases which we can register OLX to. It wouldn't be a bad idea at the end of the day, nothing to lose anyway.

BlueTiger

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 01:58:17 am »
I'll just mention that the majority of people prepared to start playing a game from scratch will be people in my generation, aged 12-20. However, people in this generation, or at least the back end of it (12-16) are focused on easy mechanics. I don't think it's over the top, considering the biggest title at the moment is Call of Duty.

There is some skill to it, especially the older ones, but it is really easy to just jump in, have a go, and jump out. Other games are also like that such as Battlefield, FIFA, etc. In fact, I don't know any other games that the majority of my friends play. I guess there's Minecraft, too.

Now, as much money that you pour into this, as much dedication that you bring, I really don't think LieroX will get active again, not in the way it was. With everyone focused on graphics, and playing consoles moreover, no one really plays games like this. As simple as morts is, it's still pretty hard to learn compared to CoD. I've shared this game with a few friends of my own, and they don't play it.

Although, the idea of having a full server lister with tonnes of noobs playing morts and rifles in lamda just makes me hawt.
Roar!

Herr Flick

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 02:10:32 am »
Small bits to start, maybe?

Let's update this website more often

http://www.openlierox.net/official/news.php

so the news in-game does not breathe 2012.

Ahmed

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 03:16:59 am »
I have not forgoten about this thread, been working behind the scenes.

1. I have created an OpenLieroX twitter, following as many gamers as possible and tweeting about OpenLX. I am hoping this turns into some of them taking note and downloading even if 1 or 2 download it and stay I will be happy. I am following roughly 500-1000 people a day.

2. I am in the process as I write this to get in contact with Steam and see how they would deal with a freeware game on their service. I am guessing they'd want some kind of compensation so expect small advertisments or something added to OpenLieroX if that happened (we'd need consent from DC, Albert, and JasonB before we added anything like that too).

Tafka

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 09:55:36 am »
It's an open source game, I don't think it would be acceptable in Steam anyway.

Ahmed

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 06:07:22 pm »
I apologize for being inactive the last few days, back to University and I have a lot of biology and chemistry exams.

The people at steam have contacted me back and assured me that adding a freeware game to the green light process is okay. I asked about it being open source now so as long as that clears we will move forward on adding this game to steam.

What this means is that we will need to collect $100 USD. That is 60 pounds or 73 euro.

I'll be willing to add 10 USD ( I'm not working and a full time student so money can be tight) if 10 more people can pay that much we will have enough to go. I'll start a paypal account where you guys can drop money if you agree. Or someone else can I could care less as long as we secure the funds to apply.

Looks like OpenLieroX is making a big stride.

Thank you all and I hope this works out to the community becoming rejuvenated,

Ahmed

Herr Flick

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2014, 06:15:45 pm »
Just use a private Paypal, that'll save effort!
I've got one and I can be trusted (heeheee)
I'll chip in for 10 USD.

But: the legal owner should upload / pay it, no?
Who is that?

Ahmed

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »
Just use a private Paypal, that'll save effort!
I've got one and I can be trusted (heeheee)
I'll chip in for 10 USD.

But: the legal owner should upload / pay it, no?
Who is that?

Good news, I talked steam into waving the $100 fee (that means we pay nothing to put the game as green light) and they are fine with us being open source. We need to do a few things before we can submit the game. The first thing is we need to make a video of the game, action packed. All steam games on green light have a video so we need one too. Is anyone able to do this? Show different mods ( yes mortars is fine too).

I will also need DC blessing before submitting, we won't make a profit off this game and it looks like Steam won't charge us either.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:13:14 pm by Ahmed »

Herr Flick

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2014, 07:47:02 pm »
How long is this video?

I cannot help with that, sadly.

The video, IMO, should also focus on the community that makes really nice: making your own mods and levels.

It's very nice to hear Steam is so cooperative and open minded. And thanks Ahmed for organising!

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2014, 07:55:47 pm »
God bless you Ahmed
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

Ahmed

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2014, 08:44:50 pm »
I could do the video creating/editing but I am very busy with school. I've contacted Raziel but I'm not sure if I'll be hearing from him anytime soon ( he isn't active I don't think).

Boomboy

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2014, 09:42:44 pm »
We can take entries for sections of the video?
Maybe make another thread linking back to this one?

Not sure how it works though, I am not technically gifted :(

Herr Flick

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2014, 09:46:56 pm »
Not sure how it works though, I am not gifted :(

hush now boomboy, you play lierox well. let that be your one talent.

SorZ

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2014, 10:02:22 pm »
This is unexpected news, and great of course.

As I wrote in the facebook group, my brother is a skilled video editor and a media student.
He would make a great video for us, I will talk to him tomorrow.

Edit: talked to him right now, and he's up for it!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:07:23 pm by SorZ »

Raziel

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2014, 11:13:21 pm »
Oh cool, if your bro is experienced with that stuff SorZ then go ahead with it.
I haven't done much of video editing, and it's good to leave the job to someone who can handle it best.

Fun to see the stuff going bit more lively :)

Cheers guys and good luck!
Yes, it's Raziel.

Ruki

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 11:29:32 pm »
In good times there would be a contest where people would sign up and enter with their videos. Then the community would vote the best one. Today? I wouldn't waste my time on it. I can chip in a couple of $ on Paypal.

Boomboy

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 11:50:37 pm »
Awesome :D

We need to do some killer stunts.

[SPOILER]*cough* staged *cough*

Herr Flick

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2014, 11:18:43 pm »
My friend, who has years of experience running clans / gaming communicaties professionally had some pointers too:

* Make a LieroX Let's Play series or ask a famous Let's Play creator to do a Lierox shoot.
* Stop using this board and get your arse on voice chat; rent a dedicated teamspeak; allocate slots to clans; host a dedicated server with a link to the teamspeak so all players online can use it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

anything