Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Data August 23, 2019, 07:24:03 am
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Kings of Clans 2014  (Read 20359 times)

Ahmed

Kings of Clans 2014
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »
Back story:
After 2 months of lobbying for AoG's participation in Sorz's tournament  and being active it has become evident that he will not change his mind about letting us or any other interested clans that he deems inactive join. Fair enough.

Moving forward I have decided to put together the Kings of Clans 2014. In the past back before 2005, we would have king of season tournaments for individuals to duel. I enjoyed those tournaments so thought I would create a new one but this time dedicated for 2014 and make it for clans.

Concept:
This will not be a traditional you lose a game, you exit the tournament type of play. Rather each team will play one another a total of 1 time with 3 rounds. Each team can choose a setting for the first two rounds but the last will be 100% classic. Each time you win a round you will get 10 points, if you win all 3 rounds a bonus 5 will be applied.  Once all teams have played each other 2 times, the top 4 (subjected to change depending on amount of clans) will play in a  best of 7 series (with each team alternating mod/level, in the case of a game 7 it will be classic 100%)  in a traditional elimination style bracket. 

Participation:
Any clan, can register as long as you believe you can be active. To make sure this tournament does not end because of lack of activity you have 2 weeks to complete your games. If you can not you will forfeit and the team that won will get points for all 3 rounds (plus bonus) and you will lose 35 points (the amount of points you could have won).

Mods:
Classic - 100%  Limited Weapons
Classic - 20% Rifles

Clans Entered:
1. [AoG]
2. |LaG|
3. [Emp]
4. [Bks]
5. [aC]
6. [T3]
7. [Str8]
8. [OwZ]

Clan Schedule:

February 16 - March 1

Matchup               Score                
[OwZ]-[Str8]      
[aC]-[Emp]         
[bKs]-[T3]         
|LaG|-[AoG]: 0-3 (35 Points for AoG)

March  2 - March 15
[OwZ]-|LaG|         
[AoG]-[bKs]         
[T3]-[aC]         
[Emp]   -[Str8]       

March 16 - March 29
[OwZ]-[T3]         
[Emp]   -[AoG]         
[Str8]-|LaG|         
[aC]-[bKs]      

March 30 - April 12
[OwZ]-[bKs]         
|LaG|-[aC]         
[AoG]   -[Str8]         
[T3]-[Emp]         

April 13 -April 26
[OwZ]-[Emp]         
[Str8]-[T3]         
[aC]-[AoG]         
[bKs]-|LaG|       

April  27 - May 10
[OwZ]-[aC]         
[bKs]-[Str8]      
|LaG|-[Emp]         
[AoG]   -[T3]          

May 11 - May 25th
[OwZ]-[AoG]      
[T3]-|LaG|      
[Emp]-[bKs]         
[Str8]-[aC]      

Championships:
June 1st - Unextended
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 10:35:29 am by Ahmed »
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

BlueTiger

Re: King of Clans 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 12:10:52 am »
 This info is located on the first page but I decided to update this.

Mods:
After some deliberation and taking community opinion in we will keep this at  Classic 100% and Rifles 20% both Liero 1.0, last mod must be Classic 100%

Maps:
Pick any maps you want.

Time Limit:
Each Clan has two weeks to play their games. Please make an effort to play sooner rather than later.

Finals:
The top 4 clans after the round robins will play each other in the Playoffs in a 7 game single elimination series. The matchups for this will be based on the results of the round robins.

For example if the best clans are
 1. Emp 2. LaG, 3. aC, and 4. T3

Then we will see Emp play T3, LaG play aC and the winners of those play in the finals. The losing teams will play each other in a third place match.

Clan Schedule:

February 16 - March 1

[OwZ]-[Str8]      
[aC]-[Emp]         
[bKs]-[T3]         
|LaG|-[AoG]      

March  2 - March 15
[OwZ]-|LaG|         
[AoG]-[bKs]         
[T3]-[aC]         
[Emp]   -[Str8]       

March 16 - March 29
[OwZ]-[T3]         
[Emp]   -[AoG]         
[Str8]-|LaG|         
[aC]-[bKs]      

March 30 - April 12
[OwZ]-[bKs]         
|LaG|-[aC]         
[AoG]   -[Str8]         
[T3]-[Emp]         

April 13 -April 26
[OwZ]-[Emp]         
[Str8]-[T3]         
[aC]-[AoG]         
[bKs]-|LaG|       

April  27 - May 10
[OwZ]-[aC]         
[bKs]-[Str8]      
|LaG|-[Emp]         
[AoG]   -[T3]          

May 11 - May 25th
[OwZ]-[AoG]      
[T3]-|LaG|      
[Emp]-[bKs]         
[Str8]-[aC]      

Championships:
June 1st - Unextended
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 09:07:14 pm by Ahmed »
Roar!

Ahmed

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:18:41 am »
Any chance of WH40K and ToT?

ToT will be added actually just forgot it, not WH40K (unless major demand, I don't want to go searching for all these ban lists).

Also: Talked to Umi, LaG has entered. Everyone else please keep coming :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 12:22:18 am by Ahmed »

Umistand

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 12:25:04 am »
Ill announce here as well that on my behalf, LaG is in. I recently started to play this game again becouse of that clan league and hoping to get to play with the old dogs once again and have a blast. But since it isnt possible in SorZ's tournament, we'll do it in this one (not saying that we are boycotting SorZ tournament or anything, ofc we are playing there too).

One thing I gotta say is that I really liked that there was only 100lt and 20lt in SorZ's tournament, but if thats only me, I'm totally fine with it (and of course this is whole other tournament too =D)
#19th Place in FB 2008
#10th Place in FB 2009
#LXA world record holder in most bricks
#Fair Player 2009
#Molester of the year 2009

Ahmed

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 12:29:15 am »
Ill announce here as well that on my behalf, LaG is in. I recently started to play this game again becouse of that clan league and hoping to get to play with the old dogs once again and have a blast. But since it isnt possible in SorZ's tournament, we'll do it in this one (not saying that we are boycotting SorZ tournament or anything, ofc we are playing there too).

One thing I gotta say is that I really liked that there was only 100lt and 20lt in SorZ's tournament, but if thats only me, I'm totally fine with it (and of course this is whole other tournament too =D)

I'm not against a only classic 100%/20% tournament actually but I thought since the community has taken a turn away from multimod it might be a fun idea to include it. At the same time if many people are against multimod and want to keep the tournament old school we can keep it at 100%/20% Classic only.

Boomboy

Re: Kings of Clans 2014
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 02:28:32 am »
Food Fight - 100% Limited Weapons (weapon present to come soon)
MSF II - 100% Limited Weapons (Weapon present to come soon)
MW - 100% Limited Weapons (weapon present to come soon)
8-bit 100% Limited Weapons (weapon present to come soon)
Shock 100% Limited Weapons (weapon present to come soon)
Trick or Treat 100% Limited Weapons (weapon present to come soon)

But no morts?

:D :D :D

Emp in.

Ahmed

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 08:57:18 am »

But no morts?

Emp in.

Well it's more to do with I don't like them and back in the day more multimod 100% clan wars were played.  If people are not interested in the multimods we can keep it as classic and rifles.  I'll let community response dictate what happens. Emp has been added,  thanks for entering!

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 10:11:23 am »
bkS in, 2 weeks deadline seems doable :D
Settings seem cool too.. Better to not include wh40k as guns are OP making the game not too  aggressive...
Also sushi should be banned in food fight!

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Caldeth

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 11:57:13 am »

But no morts?

Emp in.

Have you learned nothing about AoG during this time? :P

miikizzle

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 12:02:34 pm »

But no morts?

Emp in.

Well it's more to do with 1) I don't like them and 2) back in the day more multimod 100% clan wars were played.  If people are not interested in the multimods we can keep it as classic and rifles.  I'll let community response dictate what happens. Emp has been added,  thanks for entering!

1) Kinda selfish reason to ban morts from the tourny, regardless of the fact that the tourny is held by you. :P

2) Imo if mods like 8-bit or Shock are allowed, so should be morts. And if the thing back in the days was indeed multimod 100%... well i do see rifles in the allowed settings... But what do i know.

And this isnt a biased opinion coming from an Emp player, since im not even a mortar player myself. We do have some good mortar players in the clan, but we're likely to choose something else other than mortars nowadays, depending on the players of course.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »
Actually it's selfish to want morts, only Emp which is a mortclan, wants mortars :D We could do good old democracy and see if people would like that setting in... ^_^

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

miikizzle

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 01:41:06 pm »
Actually it's selfish to want morts, only Emp which is a mortclan, wants mortars :D We could do good old democracy and see if people would like that setting in... ^_^

According to yourself, you are unkillable in morts if you just have the patience, which you sure will have in an important match, which makes you a better mortar player than most of the people in Emp. Slako is also great. So, me being one of the worst mortar players in lx, how could my opinion be selfish?

And did you even read what I said?

And this isnt a biased opinion coming from an Emp player, since im not even a mortar player myself. We do have some good mortar players in the clan, but we're likely to choose something else other than mortars nowadays, depending on the players of course.

"We do have some good mortar players in the clan, but we're likely to choose something else other than mortars nowadays"

And I don't even play mortars, not even in clanwars unless other guys force me to, which is rare. So no, my opinion is not selfish. Furthermore, mortars is a popular mod and because of that it should be allowed in the tourny imo. There are many player outside of Emp playing in the Kurko's dedicated mortar server everyday. Not newbies, but players from evey active clan :P

Emp is not a mortar clan. We are a multimod clan and mortars is just one of the sets we are capable of playing, like it or not. From my exprience in the past few months, it's definetely NOT the set we choose most in clanwars. We still choose it, but not nearly as often as, say, rifles.

My point is very clear and it should be fair to allow morts in the tourny, seeing that we have lost in morts to bkS and many other clans before anyway, you should know that ili. Nowadays without Zom we are not that great in mortars, that is a fact. Ask Slako, he said it himself and it is true. The rest (excluding Love, who is still definetely beatable) are either rusty (mostly Boom), inactive, and propably rusty because of that (mostly Flesk and Pulver) or just bad (mostly me).

Mortars isn't a must, these are just my opinions and thoughts about it.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 01:43:26 pm by miikizzle »

Boomboy

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 03:37:59 pm »
Dont feed the illiera :D
Also you meant Love is still unbeatable.
Dont mess with Love.
It will break your heart.

Its fine not to include morts as Ahmed is right, it is his tournament.
We are more than prepared to beat all clans in all mods.

Naturally with the competition that Emp brings in classic, rifles, wh40k, FF, etc.
It would not be fair for the other clans to also compete with us on morts.
Especially when those clans are either classic clans or rifles clans.
Learning a third mod is certainly difficult for some people.
Learning a second weapon after hg is also difficult for some people.

We are all human and I understand there are those of you out there with their own weaknessess.

We have suffered persecution through the years yet we stand strong.
Morts will live on through us and we continue to raise the bar in all mods.
As one of the only dominant clans who plays every mod to a competitive level.
I am Emproud.

Peace <3.

:D

P.S. Pure Godlike domination in mortars and its manifestiation into fear for other clans only goes to show the extent of our power above and beyond our extensive expertise.

P.S.S. Slako was a gift from us to bkS. It would be rude of us to horde all the talent.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:43:02 pm by Boomboy »

Zom

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 03:44:06 pm »
Learning a second weapon after hg is also difficult for some people.

xD topkek

ps. Duel thug in morts.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 03:50:40 pm by Zom »
I don't always finish my sentences, but when I do, I

BlueTiger

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 07:04:38 pm »
Better to not include wh40k as guns are OP making the game not too  aggressive...

The idea of WH40K is to have 'OP' weapons. Well, strong weapons, OP means that the weapons are too powerful for what they're in. But they're in WH40K, where all weapons are OP, so it doesn't make a difference. It only works if we stick Classic and WH40K together in the same game.

not WH40K (unless major demand, I don't want to go searching for all these ban lists).

I can name them right now:
Deathspitter
Heavy Bolter (Hellfire)
Splinter Rifle
Stinger
Grenade Launcher
Psy-Bolter.

Naturally with the competition that Emp brings in classic, rifles, wh40k, FF, etc.

*Cough cough*

-

Oh, and I am in favour of the mortsnobs using morts. It's still a mod, and I really don't see why it is hated when they play it. If you don't like them beating you in Morts, learn it yourself, they learnt classic/rifles/others for you.
Roar!

Lodur

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 11:23:12 pm »
Im sure im speaking for everyone in aC when I say we'd gladly join this tournament :)

I sure hope that Sorz lets AoG in his also.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Totalbitch

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 05:07:06 pm »
hmm...Ahmed's tournament so respect his rules. I'm sure he will read every post here and consider all the possible options you cats has to offer. So here's one of my own. :P No rules  what comes to the settings!! I some weirdo want to play mortars, that is his/hers mistake. I shall bring the pain!  8)
Spade allmighty!
aka. tha baby butcher!
alias -=Ronin=-!
One of the true RIP's!
The one and only GOD of WaN!
Forever staying in history as Osp!
Still going strong in [AoG]!

Qaz,

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 08:53:33 pm »
when community hosts  8)these kind of tournamnets PLEAE MAKE ****ING SCHEDULE
dead line for sign up, 1st round ,2nd round, and finals.
and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM its finished in less than 3 weeks.

but nooooooo we have to start make some interviews and then go inactive and come back later when game is alrdy dead, AGAIN.  ::) ???

:-X :-X :-X :-[ :-[ :P :-* :'( ;) ;)

this tourny wont get finished in 2 weeks i know it, it wont even start in next 2 weeks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 08:55:23 pm by Qaz, »

Ahmed

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2014, 09:30:22 pm »
Im sure im speaking for everyone in aC when I say we'd gladly join this tournament :)

I sure hope that Sorz lets AoG in his also.

Great to hear Lodur will be glad to add aC.

and bks is added as well :)

---
I would like to hear from T3, OwZ and Str8 before starting just to make sure I don't leave anyone out. But once done I'll try to get a schedule ready so we can start as early as next week.

Take care,

Ahmed.

Tafka

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:07 pm »
Hey,

I'd like to join, but I don't have any active friends to finish this tourny with, especially in two weeks. Namura is only one who could play most evenings, but he wont cause he is addicted to BF4. So I'm afraid unless I hear any of the other T3's anytime soon, we have to be out. Good luck though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up