Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Kings of Clans 2014  (Read 19620 times)

Ahmed

Re: Kings of Clans 2014
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 02:41:19 am »
Everyone Please screenshot your games, I would like to keep a kill/death ratio to award an MVP award at the end of this tournament.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 09:18:13 am »
you mean a damage dealt/hp lost ratio ;)
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 11:13:21 am »
Yeah, I think people like to aspire to a great amount of damage more so than just kills. I would probably calculate just the amount of times a player reaches 1000+ damage and keep a record of that, would be far simpler too, and actually really interesting statistic, that. Perhaps it would even encourage folk to be a little bit more aggressive?

I was actually a bit disappointed that all the mods were taken away, I was really looking forward to playing various sets competitively. It's been really long since we've done that last. Well, it's a long time ago we played in any contest so fair enough, if people generally like it that way then so be it. I can play classic.

Lastly, looking at the schedule I noticed every round begins on Sunday. I'd like to challenge people to try to play your games regularly immediately on Sunday, most people usually have time to play then and it would be a great start for this tournament. So prepare yourselves emps!

BlueTiger

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 02:26:09 pm »
What about 999 dmg? :( and then, if that is calculated, what about 998 :(.

Also, this just promotes damage stealing and even teamkilling (since damage on teams counts towards the dmg count).

I feel dmg done / dmg taken would make it less 1 man army to get some silly award. :D.
Roar!

Boomboy

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 02:57:16 pm »
Whats wrong with just winning?

Tafka

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »
Cool. Good job starting it. And imagine how fun it would be to calculate damage taken and damage done after each game for LK.... It would take loads of time, that's why a simple excel data sheet for Kills/deaths is way easier. But up to him, if he has that time or not.

Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 05:50:51 pm »
Simply to calculate the total times of 1000+ damage reached would be easy enough.
My case in point: my playingstyle is to seek out 100 HP players and engage them. I attack and try to do the best I can. If I inflict 90% damage and then my team-mate finishes the rest, does that make him the better player? Yes it does, if you go with the kill ratio for the most valuable player. Careful and less risky approach is often good for getting a high stock of kills, you can play passively and wait up until you see your teammate entangled with an opponent, join the fray and steal the kill. Back in the days when the damage bar didn't exist, this was pretty common all around, people liked to have a lot of kills as it looks nice on a screenshot.

Sure you can go with a kill ratio statistic, but surely that takes a lot more effort, plus a high score of kills isn't a really telling factor, at least not to me. Calculating it through damage is certainly flawed to some extent as well, but still I always think that when you reach 1000 damage or more you have played a pretty good game. It is rather easy though to reach that sort of damage in a bigger match, but it would be a very nice statistic to have even so. Good players will get consistently that much damage so we would get quite nice stats, kinda like top scorers in football competitions. You could also rise the bar a little, like count only 1100+ or 1200+ results.

TLDR: Whatever, suit yourself. I think kill/death ratio is rather futile, though.

Ahmed

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
Rather than a kill death ratio, i would be okay with a damge/death ratio but it may take a while to calculate.

Jeff

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 08:13:47 pm »

I definitely like this idea. What do you guys think about this statistic?

(100*Kills)/Damage=Efficiency - where values close to or ‚Č•1 indicate that the player calculates before engaging

TLDR: Whatever, suit yourself. I think kill/death ratio is rather futile, though.

EDIT:
i would be okay with a damge/death ratio but it may take a while to calculate.
when player wins match:
damage/(match life count - winner's ending lives)
when player loses match:
damage/(match life count+1)

You could begin by asking players to keep their own running tally for the tournament, ask them to submit their values, and finally verify the highest resulta with serverlogs at the conclusion of the event.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:53:19 am by Jeff »

Herr Flick

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »
I still have had no luck in finding other OwZ'ers...  so I can only vouch for me at the time. If you wish to include us, I'll do my best to make it happen, but I can't guarantee we will be able to play our games as of now.

Here's what I'll do, I'll add you guys. If you play then great but if you can't then each team that plays you will have time off and be awarded full points. If you guys play a few games then disappear I'll just change any results to the other teams winning all three rounds.

As for schedule, I am writing an Organic Chemistry midterm tomorrow night so should be studying for that. Once it is over I'll get a schedule set by the latest Friday night in NA time. We can start playing Saturday.

Thanks to all the clans that are active, please let your clan members know that they should be getting ready to play some fun, competitive games!

All the best,

Ahmed

Doesn't that seem a little unfair. What if they play one game, but win it, but the rest, who they would have beated, got full points. Not to try to push OwZ, just wanted to point out this fault.

The team they hypothetically beat would get the decision reversed on account of a tournament forfeit, the other teams would just get the points too. It's not different than everyone getting 0 points for the games that were suppose to be against OwZ. Just each week or two some clan would have time off. It's not really flawed at all.

OwZ, str8 is due to fight you in the next two weeks.
Got an update on finding your fwiends?  :)

BlueTiger

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2014, 01:09:41 am »
AoG vs. LaG
3 - 0
Ronin, Cald, vs. Satch and BlueTiger (Rattata = BlueTiger btw)

Round 1: AoG picks, AoG wins
LFR Classic

Round 2: LaG picks, AoG wins
FF 2nd Classic

Round 3: neutral, AoG wins
LFR Classic

Screens:

gg's.

Please note: LXA spoilers suck, they won't allow for images :(.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:11:54 am by BlueTiger »
Roar!

Ahmed

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2014, 03:36:42 am »
Thanks for the games lag.

Update:
On keeping track of death/damage ratio. I think most clans are trustworthy enough to tell the truth about their damage/death ratio so I'll let each clan do that

Please keep in mind that 10 life games will count as 11 because if I get out I died 11 times I believe.

I'll keep track to make sure people are doing it right for the first week but after that I expect everyone to play fair. Winner will be checked personally to make sure his/her ratio is honest.

Edit:

Here is a sample calculation from [AoG] game's vs |LaG|. I used excel since it does calculations for you (if you need help with excel please ask as I am more than happy to help and I can make a video) but you can do it by hand if that is more comfortable for you.

Ex. Cald had died 8 times the first game, 9 times the second game so that is 17 deaths. He had 1131 dmg first game and 1546 the second game he played which totals 2677. 
2677/17 = 157.47 damage to death.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:54:16 am by Ahmed »

Boomboy

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2014, 11:25:20 am »
Maybe add a column, divide by 100 for a nicer ratio?

P.S. Round that up to 2 or 3 d.p?

Makes for easier comparison imo.

Herr Flick

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2014, 12:17:46 pm »
Even better! Make a column with the damage leader 100% and the rest relative to him (/her?) !

SorZ

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2014, 05:42:48 pm »
Question: Is it allowed to repeatedly refuse to play the round, due to a specific player is missing?

Herr Flick

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2014, 06:10:02 pm »
I'd say that's between the clans to fight over, as long as you make the dead line ...

Filmonss

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2014, 10:59:00 pm »
Woooo great game vs T3 today, very even games!

[bkS] 2 - 1 [T3]

T3 set

bkS set

and 3rd round... Freak survived with 0 hp... My heart couldnt handle it, very fun game,

ggs!  :) :D ;D 8)
2010 Most Improved Award - Filmons
2014 Best Classic Player Award - Filmons

Lodur

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »
Best games I've played in a good while. A mix of old defensive battle with occasional rushes.

1st round Classic Liero Factory Maintenance. [Emp set]
The first round was clearly the most defensive one and took a good while.

2nd round Classic Fossil Facility [aC set]
This round made me realize that im old news ;D Very tight round tho.

3rd round Classic Liero Factory Rev [Neutral]
This round was some oldskool shit right there. All the elements of a good competitive 3rd round and this was the first time i was genuinely nervous and excited at the end. I must promote my full nap while being 10hp at 0 lives and taking Flesk out while he SS'd me down. This gave my boys a chance to win this.

Very good opening games for this tournament! Thank you for this  :) I even had to recreate my LX playlist just to set the mood. Now excuse me I must masturbate to the 3rd pic.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Ahmed

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2014, 05:09:15 am »
Maybe add a column, divide by 100 for a nicer ratio?

P.S. Round that up to 2 or 3 d.p?

Makes for easier comparison imo.

Good idea I like that and we can do that. I would round to two decimal points to keep it clean. 

Even better! Make a column with the damage leader 100% and the rest relative to him (/her?) !

Please clarify what you mean, I am a bit lost.

Question: Is it allowed to repeatedly refuse to play the round, due to a specific player is missing?

I understand to want to "win", you probably wouldn't see a sports team play without their best player(s) so I can understand why a gaming clan wouldn't. You have two weeks so if this specific player can not make time then I think teams should not rely on them either. I'd rule right now that if team X has enough players online to play but still refuses (because a player they want isn't on) and they don't end up playing because of this we can punish that team later. I'll think of a punishment later (this punishment would be agreed upon by others and not just me). On the other hand if a team had a valid reason to not play, player has to go sleep because they have an exam in the morning or they are not feeling well I wouldn't count that against them.

//

Thank you to bks, T3, emp and aC for playing your games in under the two week time. Great to see whats left of the community keeping things competitive. I admit the main reason I started this was to give AoG guys a reason to play but I see now that it is bigger than just us. I hope that others follow and we can get some much needed activity going.

Current Standings:

1. AoG - 35 Points.
2. aC/bks - 20 Points
3. emp/t3 - 10 points
6. LaG - 0 Points
7-8: OwZ and Str8(subjected to change once they play or I remove OwZ).

With over another week till the next round of games I suggest you all get practicing :).

All the best,

Ahmed
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:11:14 am by Ahmed »

Tafka

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2014, 10:13:54 am »
I took the effort to do T3 stats too.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up