Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OLX master servers  (Read 1343 times)

Kurko

OLX master servers
« on: January 29, 2014, 10:07:32 pm »
Some people have experienced problems related to the masterservers so here's some information. If you think that something is wrong here, feel free to correct.

Check masterservers.txt (located in cfg directory), you should see this:

thelobby.altervista.org/server

Adding this server is recommended too. The default configuration files don't apparently have it.

openlierox.net/server

If you see anything else, such as the Gaming Universe server, delete them. They are dead.

Next check udpmasterservers.txt. They are required when joining "blue" servers. You should see these two:

server.az2000.de:23450
ms.olx.dailyupload.net:23450

You may want to change the order of them because the game is giving errors like this:

"W: Error getting serverlist from server.az2000.de:23450"

To developers: how does the game choose which master server to use? Or does it use all of them, and if so, how does it sort the list and how the correct connection type (direct vs. nat traverse) is chosen?

edit: It also seems that thelobby masterserver still shows only one server per IP address. Openlierox.net server shows all, as does the UDP master server.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:46:02 pm by Kurko »

RussG

Re: OLX master servers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 08:32:55 pm »
Well, I'm having a problem joining some servers, while others do not have that problem! And some other people there's no such friggin problem. I'm really at loss here, I'm not supposed to have any kinda limitations for joining any servers, so what might be the problem? Couldnt' there be a friggin server setting on default that let's anyone join any server? Like in the old days? There was no friggin network-service or virus-software related problems, but everything was everything. I MEAN WHAT THE ****AEDFIJN AUERFBH!½

Kurko

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 08:32:51 pm »
Well, I'm having a problem joining some servers, while others do not have that problem! And some other people there's no such friggin problem. I'm really at loss here, I'm not supposed to have any kinda limitations for joining any servers, so what might be the problem? Couldnt' there be a friggin server setting on default that let's anyone join any server? Like in the old days? There was no friggin network-service or virus-software related problems, but everything was everything. I MEAN WHAT THE ****AEDFIJN AUERFBH!½

You mean those "blue" servers? They don't have the OLX port forwarded correctly so OLX has to use NAT traversal tricks which do not always work well.

Old LX versions don't have any NAT traverse features so joining a server hosted behind NAT without port forwarded was just impossible back in the good ol' days.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:36:34 pm by Kurko »

Tafka

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:16:13 pm »
Just enable NAT . :)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd469812.aspx
Pages: [1]   Go Up