Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Different version for mouse aim?  (Read 1427 times)

dylstew

Different version for mouse aim?
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:44:27 pm »
I like this game, but the controls are really awkward. I heard that mouse aim was once implemented, but rejected by the community, which I can understand since it would change a lot.
However, Is there a version I can download with mouseaim, that I can just play on my own with bots or mess around with with friends? I wonder what it's like.
 btw: when I go to my sound mixer in windows 7, the icon for liero is GIANT, how the hell did you guys do that? 0.o. No other program has ever had an icon bigger than the icon box like that 0.0
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 07:46:18 pm by dylstew »

Punisher for real

Re: Different version for mouse aim?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:26 pm »
http://www.openlierox.net/downloads/

"
OpenLieroX 0.57 beta4
released 2008-02-23
Changelog:
-mouse support (for playing)
"

Kumivene on vene, joka puhalletaan täyteen tarpeen tullen. You know what, i like to swim alot but i dont like to slick lick random asses peaces of shit2

https://i.imgur.com/V9sBcf2.png

dylstew

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:12:03 pm »
http://www.openlierox.net/downloads/

"
OpenLieroX 0.57 beta4
released 2008-02-23
Changelog:
-mouse support (for playing)
"

ah, I'll try that out :3. Won't that have more bugs tough?

Punisher for real

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:40 pm »
Yes, unfortunately.
Kumivene on vene, joka puhalletaan täyteen tarpeen tullen. You know what, i like to swim alot but i dont like to slick lick random asses peaces of shit2

https://i.imgur.com/V9sBcf2.png

dylstew

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:58 pm »
Yes, unfortunately.

Well, it makes you walk when you move the mouse to the side, which is really annoying :/ It's not very good mouse aim either xP.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:25:20 pm by dylstew »

SorZ

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 02:39:27 am »
Well, it makes you walk when you move the mouse to the side, which is really annoying :/ It's not very good mouse aim either xP.
That's why it was removed from the game I guess. :P

I know the controls are a bit difficult at first, but give them a serious chance before giving up.
Practice some, and you will get into it! Also, you are able to config the buttons as you find suits you the best.

PS. If you want any tips or guidance on how to improve your gaming, I can give you some input and support.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 02:49:24 am by SorZ »

Kurko

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 04:26:01 pm »
It's not very good mouse aim either xP.

The main problem is that aim speed in Liero(X) is limited. Traditional mouse aiming which you can see in most FPS games does not work well if the aim doesn't follow the mouse precisely.

If you want a Soldat-like aim for OLX you have to edit the source yourself. And remember that using it in net games will be considered cheating. :P

albert

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:46:06 am »
Our mouse support (we also called it mouse control) is not the same as mouse aim. I think mouse control is still in the game?

Mouse control is basically just a keyboard-mapping for the mouse. For cases where you have a mouse but not a keyboard. Or if you just prefer the mouse. Mouse control was not intended to give any different gameplay - it just just be the same as if you would use keyboard. You can think of it more as a joystick. In fact, I think the mouse control is basically the same as joystick code.

Mouse aim was also implemented once but immediately rejected. I'm not sure if there was any official release with it.

RussG

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »
Mouse control+LX... bull khakha
Pages: [1]   Go Up