Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Level Maker for linux  (Read 1810 times)

Temari

Level Maker for linux
« on: July 25, 2013, 07:58:09 pm »
Ah, I started to make a level for OLX, and I realized that there isn't any level maker in my OLX directory like there is said.
I am running OpenSUSE linux, and my OLX is 0.58 rc3, and its from OpenSUSEs repositories.

Then I found that level maker from internet and downloaded it. But it was for windows and it doesn't work with Wine. It starts but won't do it to the end.

So I'm searching that level maker for linux, or sources so I can compile it. Or some other solution to make levels.
That gusano map thing will not maybe work, it's for 0.59?

Kurko

Re: Level Maker for linux
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:33 pm »
I don't know if the original fancy GUI levelmaker is open source but there is a level building tool which should work on Linux too:
https://github.com/albertz/openlierox/tree/536cab5880c6f62935381cf7d565851c93d744b4/tools/LevelCompiler

I'll try to compile it, just a moment...

Gusanos stuff is only supported in 0.59 branch.

Temari

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:38:36 pm »
Thanks!
That was exactly what I wanted. Compiling was such a pain as usually. I couldn't compile it, but that windows binary there worked perfectly with Wine.

Kurko

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 09:21:47 pm »
Yeah, compiling can sometimes be a big mess. (I don't even want to imagine it on Windows) :P

To developers:

First attempt:
Code: [Select]
g++ LevelCompiler.cpp `wx-config --cflags` -o levelmaker `wx-config --libs`

LevelCompiler.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool LevelCompilerApp::OnCmdLineParsed(wxCmdLineParser&)’:
LevelCompiler.cpp:210:44: error: cast from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]

Add -fpermissive and those are only warnings now...
...but the linker starts complaining. :P
g++ LevelCompiler.cpp `wx-config --cflags` -o levelmaker `wx-config --libs` -fpermissive

LevelCompiler.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool LevelCompilerApp::OnCmdLineParsed(wxCmdLineParser&)’:
LevelCompiler.cpp:210:44: warning: cast from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: /tmp/ccN7QyoT.o: undefined reference to symbol 'compress2'
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.7/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: note: 'compress2' is defined in DSO /lib64/libz.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libz.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Add -lz - now it's working:
g++ LevelCompiler.cpp `wx-config --cflags` -o levelmaker `wx-config --libs` -fpermissive -lz
LevelCompiler.cpp:210:44: warning: cast from ‘const char*’ to ‘wxChar {aka wchar_t}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]

Compiled binary for x86-64 here if someone's interested:
http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php?action=mgallery;sa=item;id=5779

Temari

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 03:35:39 pm »
I don't even want to imagine it on Windows
Huh, yeah.

And big thanks again.
I couldn't compile it, though I tried those -fpermissive and -lz things. The problem was maybe that there was little different warnings.
My computer is 32 bit, so I couldn't download from your link. Had to compile.
Then I downloaded that file from 0.58 branch and then compiled with -fpermissive and -lz, and everything went good.
No I don't have to mess with Wine.

You have openSUSE?
Pages: [1]   Go Up