Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by Qaz, August 19, 2019, 03:09:48 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode:
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linda - [L]  (Read 22122 times)

Lodur

Re: Linda - [L]
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2015, 02:19:53 pm »
Silly kids with their cute ideas. Competitive LX is long gone and least because of classic being neutral.

Newsflash: The game is dying because most of us sticking around are 20+ and there's basically no new players.

Newsflash 2: Neutral used to be rifles but the community decided it to be classic a decade ago.

Newsflash 3: This game isn't dying, maybe play every once in a while, it's actually very much alive.

Newsflash 4: Things tend to change within a decade.

When you reach max level you stop leveling

miikizzle

« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2015, 02:31:38 pm »
Silly kids with their cute ideas. Competitive LX is long gone and least because of classic being neutral.

Newsflash: The game is dying because most of us sticking around are 20+ and there's basically no new players.

Newsflash 2: Neutral used to be rifles but the community decided it to be classic a decade ago.

Newsflash 3: This game isn't dying, maybe play every once in a while, it's actually very much alive.

Newsflash 4: Things tend to change within a decade.

To me lx is alot more active now than it was half a year ago. I would give this game at least 2 years until most players really leave. Plenty of time to make some changes to keep it interesting.

Frey

« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2015, 02:55:14 pm »
Rules about talking about LX on this forum:
-if you argue and your opposer is German, call him a Nazi.
-if you argue and your opposer is NA, call him a lagger.
-if you argue and your opposer is French, assume he'll stand down eventually.
-if you argue and your opposer is Swedish, just start about ice hockey and the argument will be forgotten
-be prepared for people to just spam your argument with random shit like images saying how 'fine personed' everyone is, or song lyrics.
-be prepared for people to give oppinions that are so stupid, you wonder if the even believe it themselves.
-be prepared for other people, equally stupid, to point out how stupid the previous ones are, without contributing to the discussion.
-at some point, someone will run out of arguments and start correcting your grammar.
-people will refer to "how it was back in the good old days", acting like they know / remember all about it.
-Someone even older and wiser will come to correct this previous one.

If, more specifically, the new argument you start is about any changes to be made to the system, the argument will end in someone saying the game is dead anyways and nothing will change it. Most certainly not you.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:08:05 pm by Frey »

Hermod

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2015, 08:13:17 pm »
Rules about talking about LX on this forum:
-if you argue and your opposer is German, call him a Nazi.
-if you argue and your opposer is NA, call him a lagger.
-if you argue and your opposer is French, assume he'll stand down eventually.
-if you argue and your opposer is Swedish, just start about ice hockey and the argument will be forgotten
-be prepared for people to just spam your argument with random shit like images saying how 'fine personed' everyone is, or song lyrics.
-be prepared for people to give oppinions that are so stupid, you wonder if the even believe it themselves.
-be prepared for other people, equally stupid, to point out how stupid the previous ones are, without contributing to the discussion.
-at some point, someone will run out of arguments and start correcting your grammar.
-people will refer to "how it was back in the good old days", acting like they know / remember all about it.

If, more specifically, the new argument you start is about any changes to be made to the system, the argument will end in someone saying the game is dead anyways and nothing will change it. Most certainly not you.

Lol this is so true. In 2008 people were talking about the good old days in 2006, in 2006 it was 2004, and 2004 was the year Finno-12 was born so nothing can top that.

Herr Flick

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2015, 11:42:46 pm »
Liero is not dead. All you nonbelievers can go smoke mucus.

Me and Lovisa converted two dutch guys who have played old liero splictscreen offline a long time to online playing tonight. :D

grass_hoppper

« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2015, 11:52:54 pm »
So where are you now :-) ?
===G R A S S H O P P A===

Herr Flick

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2015, 11:58:01 pm »
Darndest, we missed by 10 minutes!

grass_hoppper

« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2015, 12:00:42 am »
OK :-( gn...
===G R A S S H O P P A===

Herr Flick

« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2015, 12:07:32 am »
Ye on weekdays my laptop is timelocked from 00:00-07:00  :P

Midnight

« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2015, 09:30:21 pm »

Posts like that made people think LX is dead. But no-if you enter the servers at the evening there are several players. Sure not 20 servers but still enough to have competitve games.

This it is:
Emma Watson <333

<3

Lodur

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2015, 12:19:45 am »

Posts like that made people think LX is dead. But no-if you enter the servers at the evening there are several players. Sure not 20 servers but still enough to have competitve games.

This it is:

So what you're saying is that if there's 8ish players every evening playing the game its alive?

Like I said before most of the players - including Frey - are over their 20s. Someone was talking about taking LX to steam which was a great idea IMO. I still like this game but the competition died compared to what it was. I see Freys points and agree on them mostly - what am i to tell you newer players to say how to play this game.

Changes are the reason older players stopped playing. This goes far back to Server side health, to faster aiming, physics changes.. You're saying this game isn't dead. The game used to have a few servers running 24/7 and now you have to be there the exact 3-4h a day between 19-23 to catch a few games. If that aint dead then its a vegetable.
When you reach max level you stop leveling

BlueTiger

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2015, 01:33:57 am »
I'm 17 m8.
Roar!

Hermod

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2015, 02:10:34 pm »

Changes are the reason older players stopped playing. This goes far back to Server side health, to faster aiming, physics changes..

Lol what? Nobody had to use olx. Everyone that didn't like theese changes just kept with the  old 0.56, including me. Tell me one player that left because of OLX changes lol,  what the **** are you talking about.

Also both me and frey started playing like 3 years before you so stop playing the oldschool card already lol.

Midnight

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2015, 05:44:30 pm »
Well, i joined Lx maybe in 2008 or so. Comparing server/player situation then and now u'll sure find difference.

But the most important point is: If at least 20 players are playing Liero, don't declare it as dead. Just declare u as  person inactive. Because I don't see u actually in game. I am more than 20 years, too. But sometimes it s fun to play liero just to relax.

The reasons of the lower quantity of players are so different. Sure the "age" has the main impact. But we do have new players. But no one implements Liero in nowadays platforms like steam etc (I am not that expert in online gaming just play liero). Last 2-3 years people made hype about LX2, Steam etc. but finally nothing changed. Liero is not so popular like other games with millions of players. All Lx needs is advertisment.
Emma Watson <333

<3

satch

• Satch in the building, swagga on a hundred thousand trillion.
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +35/-0
  • 11234 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To satch
  • i have more credits than u noob
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2015, 07:53:21 pm »
Haha nice!!! Let's all circle jerk to how oldschool we all are!!!
2014 Most Improved Award - satch
dicks

Qaz,

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2015, 07:59:43 pm »
for those who didnt know there is already off topic spam thread

BlueTiger

« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2015, 04:19:54 pm »
So, uhm, why did we not get this on Steam again? Didn't we get an offer for getting Greenlight? We just needed a video if I recall - I mean, it doesn't take long to make that.
Roar!

Qaz,

« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2015, 04:59:40 pm »
could record some 30/60 fps clips if some1 wants to edit them
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up

anything