Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012  (Read 6141 times)

b-cátt

« on: November 25, 2012, 11:48:23 pm »
Hello good people,

Since we're nearing December, the end of the year, I thought I'd have a go at reflecting on what I've done in LX and LXA in 2012.  Though since I've only been playing for a year, I have no real frame of reference in comparing 2012's activity to that of previous years, so maybe someone could enlighten me on how we've done in terms of quality of games, amount of activity, that sort of thing? Is the game going strong or is there cause for concern? I honestly can't say, but I'd like to think we can look forward to playing lots more because I have enjoyed improving my game and getting to know some good players.

Also, I figure there'll be a 2012 LXA awards thread at some point like there was for 2011?
m9

Tafka

Re: 2012
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:58:14 pm »
The activity level is somewhat near the same level as 2011, maybe bit worse, but the competition level is way worse. At the end of 2011 there were enough of competitions, or even the begin of 2012, but lately there has been no real challenge in the game considering clan wars or competitions.
Also nothing new related to the game versions/levels/mods anything, just same old guys mostly playing with the same players they used to, just some less.

Due to relatively less-skilled players mostly playing the game, I got bored cause I like challenge in the game, and shooting, not Hide&Seek, so I personally haven't played too much either since the month of May.

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 3998 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:13:35 pm »
Since we're nearing December, the end of the year...

You would say "the end of the world".

Well, you would do "the last competition" before 21st December 2012. If there are a lot of unexperienced players, it's because OLX is not for the old people only :) It must survive between generations. And experienced players must pass their knowledge to newbies with more competitions.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:08 pm »
Less people, less activity, less servers to join(I can only recall Flesk's server that I can join and that is good)... Less players - thus less competition, thus skill-level is lower...
Last year same time there were many tournies held and actually finished..

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Qaz,

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 07:19:50 am »

Well, you would do "the last competition" before 21st December 2012. If there are a lot of unexperienced players, it's because OLX is not for the old people only :) It must survive between generations. And experienced players must pass their knowledge to newbies with more competitions.

lolololololo i was thinking like this too couple of months ago but when i'm in dedi morts and see these new fags using other players nicks and calling hackers when lose 10-out  even they camp and add some shit with level editor so i cant kill them so i dont really care is this game going die because i dont want some newfags come and play classic and rifles with their modded maps.

Midnight

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 11:01:42 pm »

lolololololo i was thinking like this too couple of months ago but when i'm in dedi morts and see these new fags using other players nicks and calling hackers when lose 10-out  even they camp and add some shit with level editor so i cant kill them so i dont really care is this game going die because i dont want some newfags come and play classic and rifles with their modded maps.

There have always been good ones and bad newcommers. Nice players will stay and unkind won't play for too long. Don't rage!
Emma Watson <333

<3

b-cátt

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 12:43:48 am »
And experienced players must pass their knowledge to newbies with more competitions.

Yeah, I totally buy this. And it works - a lot of good players really helped me get started and this has encouraged me to stick around.

I can, however, also see how some of the more cynical players could put newcomers off. I occasionally encounter a little hostility in-game from some old-timers, seemingly because they just haven't seen me before and they'll take any opportunity to criticise something about my playing style that jars with theirs. I personally don't give a hoot when this happens, but is it any wonder player numbers are dwindling if we're going to perpetuate cliquey attitudes and dismiss any map or mod that is vaguely out of the ordinary? I've made some maps this year, some of them are admittedly not too great, but some of them are at least playable, so I'm not convinced by the claim that there is no impetus to try new things. Of course playing classic/rifles in Fossil/LFR with familiar names is fun and fundamental to the game in a way, but surely there can be more to LX than this?

I think by and large, people do want to try new things and see new people join and steadily improve; I just can't help but feel that the conservative mindsets of a handful of people might endanger the future of LX.

COOL STORY BRO
m9

kokbira

• LXA Part Time Adapt
  • 3998 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 05:00:06 pm »
completing the cycle ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ mentioned:

Code: [Select]

------------ Less activity ----------------------------
       |                    |                                  |
Less newcomers       Less servers to join                      |
       |                    |                                  |
        ------------ Less players                              |
                            |                                  |
                     Less competition                          |
                     Skill-level is lower                      |
                     Oldschool players become uninterested     |
                     Less oldschool players -------------------

Suggestions:
- increase number of newcomers  - invite them and play (apply "time" transform and they will become oldschoolplayers)
- increase number of competitions

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:03:00 pm by kokbira »

kokbira

• LXA Part Time Adapt
  • 3998 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 05:06:10 pm »
And experienced players must pass their knowledge to newbies with more competitions.

Yeah, I totally buy this. And it works - a lot of good players really helped me get started and this has encouraged me to stick around.

I can, however, also see how some of the more cynical players could put newcomers off. I occasionally encounter a little hostility in-game from some old-timers, seemingly because they just haven't seen me before and they'll take any opportunity to criticise something about my playing style that jars with theirs. I personally don't give a hoot when this happens, but is it any wonder player numbers are dwindling if we're going to perpetuate cliquey attitudes and dismiss any map or mod that is vaguely out of the ordinary? I've made some maps this year, some of them are admittedly not too great, but some of them are at least playable, so I'm not convinced by the claim that there is no impetus to try new things. Of course playing classic/rifles in Fossil/LFR with familiar names is fun and fundamental to the game in a way, but surely there can be more to LX than this?

I think by and large, people do want to try new things and see new people join and steadily improve; I just can't help but feel that the conservative mindsets of a handful of people might endanger the future of LX.

COOL STORY BRO

Hostility to newcomers = Less newcomers = Less players

kokbira

• LXA Part Time Adapt
  • 3998 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 05:11:34 pm »
Code: [Select]
                     Less players = Less activity -------------
                     Developers become uninterested            |
                     Less features in game                     |
                     Newcomers become uninterested ------------

Tafka

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 08:46:10 pm »
LieroX just takes too much time to really become a good player in it. I can't really see a big number of noobs to stick around for long enough to get good at this. There are just few ones. There are always lots of fun things to play, but getting the game back to being competitive is too much to ask. Even if there are some new players, they wouldn't really show much threat to the players who played it since 2006/07 or earlier.

One thing is being decent at this game, knowing how to shoot and move and weapons etc, other thing is being good at this.

The activity is not really one thing to blame, it's all just a messy formula of different things like game versions, hostility of older players, difficulty of game, game itself being old 2D game and so on. So fixing something wont really mean the game will start blooming again.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 09:20:34 pm »
More competitions is a terrible suggestion.. How many tournaments have been made this year that are unfinished?
Maybe a great competition with a great tournament host would get players active again...

As I said though, the only reason I barely play(even though i don't have much time) is that I can't join any servers and I can't host a normal one either, mine is often spiky

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

MiLeC

• Ow Kurt wanna kiss and make up, please I miss your furry hippy face :*:*
  • LXA Duracell Postworm
  • Schwartz: +49/-15
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
  • Wolf in a sheep's clothing
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 12:06:08 am »

Slim Jim

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 12:29:01 am »
i over take all threads.  8)

Albert name all threads Slimbos threads  8) time of slimbo suckeres
Butt SEX is WILD and it don't cause no child !

Ruki

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 12:50:57 am »

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 04:59:37 am »
Two words: Coming soon

Ruki

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 05:24:04 am »
Two words: Commercial software

Adam

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 11:40:45 pm »
Two words: Coming soon

Two words: go home.
 8)
Quote from: Asrack
I missed inturpreted that wrong than.
Gezz.

MiLeC

• LXA Duracell Postworm
  • 2155 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To MiLeC
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 11:51:50 pm »

Asrack

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 11:53:40 pm »
Haha, I know this is off topic but I love how you still have me quote after all this long Adam. Looking back I can't help but laugh at that mistake.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything