Total servers: 3
Who's still around? (Forum Discussion ) by SLak0n August 21, 2019, 04:16:18 pm
2012 (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:29:56 pm
[wc] Legacy of the Toilet Warriors Tribute video (Forum Discussion ) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:24:01 pm
Holidays/Me leaving/me coming back Threads (The World Outside) by Adam August 18, 2019, 08:14:20 pm
Backup server NL
Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 95.46.198.26
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Unknown
Unknown – 0lt
IP: 80.186.170.22
Game Mode:
Max Kills: 0
Version: LieroX 0.56b
Players:
M0rtsHeaven
Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.159
Game Mode: Death Match
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bring It Back  (Read 6643 times)

Azrah

Bring It Back
« on: October 31, 2012, 06:35:16 am »
Do any of you guys miss the way things used to be? When everyone we met on this game still played, had clan wars, we all had a lot of fun. I spent a lot of time on this game from the age of 12 to about 16, and I enjoyed every minute until life stepped in and things in my life changed. I grew away from the game, stopped talking to all the friends I had made while playing, and forgot about it. But I want to try to bring the game back, invite new people into the game and try to bring back some of the classic LX player's we all love. I don't know if it's possible, and I don't know how many people care, but this game was a part of my life, and it was a part of everyone else's that's posted on this board, and the old board, thegaminguniverse. I don't know if any of you even care any. If not, disregard this post, but if you agree, lets try to bring this back.
It's been a while...

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Re: Bring It Back
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:05:21 am »

In all seriousness though, the only thing that would need changing atm, is the servers.. Cmon, I can't join 90% servers and 50% ppl can't join mine, thus I rarely get to play.
As many saw, what actually killed this game big-time, were the RC versions - older versions couldn't join the new version's servers.
And I'm pretty sure there's no way to heal the damage anymore, to get the players back.... LX's train has left.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:09:23 am by ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ »

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Raziel

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 11:26:27 am »
Trains usually have a route that gets them back once a while.

You won't make thigns happen by writing one post on LXA about your wish. But there is this natural tendency - during summer holidays and Christmas holidays, when all of us have some more time, you can meet some old farts wandering around the servers. It usually lasts few weeks only, then everyone gets busy again.
Yes, it's Raziel.

BakTer

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »
yes
wut?

Asrack

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 03:58:35 pm »
I have a similar issue. All servers say 0/0 players. I am told to join one. I get in after 1 minute and there are the people who asked me to come. After 15 seconds if the game has not started i time out  god knows why.

Thor

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 04:41:19 pm »
And the conclusion is that OLX "development" killed this game. Well done.

BakTer

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 06:09:23 pm »
unfinished project.. :/
wut?

Tafka

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 09:28:12 pm »
Probably just the normal trend of more people leaving than new people coming continuously made the game go less active.  You can still find game going on pretty much every evening that I've checked. If not you can host (if you can) and wait for someone to come. What makes it boring for me now is the settings and challenge, not too fun to play Hide&Seek in random maps or play random games, I'm too competitive for that. If you do want games you should also get contacts from some decent players you like, and ask them to play if there's games on or you want to play with somebody.

Ahmed

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2012, 10:05:14 am »
Old players aren't going to just start playing again. A select few even read this forum still and even all the ones that do started to magically get active it would be a super small community. The game needs to be reintroduced to new people if it ever wants to get anywhere and I hope when Jason releases LieroX 2 that he'll go hard at getting new people promoting the game very little here and more at different forums and communities that are growing!
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:49 am »
Old players aren't going to just start playing again. A select few even read this forum still and even all the ones that do started to magically get active it would be a super small community. The game needs to be reintroduced to new people if it ever wants to get anywhere and I hope when Jason releases LieroX 2 that he'll go hard at getting new people promoting the game very little here and more at different forums and communities that are growing!

Old players would probably stick together and have private games mostly... For example even I always rather just like to play with guys I know and who actually can play...

Neeways, like Taf said, add cool guys on facebook(I don't give out mine though) and ask them to play...

redeye

• Love and be loved, thatís what life is about! Inspiration, fascination, happiness!
  • LXA addicted
  • Schwartz: +216/-2
  • 5569 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To redeye
  • I will make my huge comeback later :)
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 03:28:16 pm »
I agree it's most fun to play people you know, but about fb: how should we find each other there? xD nobody is just giving out his personal info as facebook username, so we should meet ingame, which won't happen if we don't play, and we won't play without being online and so on..

anyway, nice to see lxa ain't as dead as me yet :)

lemme know when we start playing again ;D

Ahmed

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2012, 10:11:03 am »
I agree it's most fun to play people you know, but about fb: how should we find each other there? xD nobody is just giving out his personal info as facebook username, so we should meet ingame, which won't happen if we don't play, and we won't play without being online and so on..

anyway, nice to see lxa ain't as dead as me yet :)

lemme know when we start playing again ;D

I have lx ppl on fb... am i cool or what.

Then again I never really use fb to chat and when I do I don't talk about lierox lol.

Gaston

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 11:57:02 am »
To put it like this: If nothing had happened in development after 0.56b, I think even less people would be playing LX now. So blaming the development for making people flee is wrong. Of course, things could have been done differently to attract more people to LX, and try to make more people stay, but IMO OLX has been following a sort o Versailles treaty pattern: It changed enough to chase away oldies, but changed too little to attract new people. I don't blame the devs for this, since they have honestly tried their best, and OLX is much better than 0.56b was.

Anywho, the core LX gameplay is always going to be an addictive gameplay, and with a few billion internet users, there will always be enough people to potentially create a relatively big and vibrant community. But for that to happen, it needs to look good, be simple to use and the gameplay needs to feel tight. If those goals are achieved in a future LX (OLX or LX2), things could change very quickly. I am really curious how LX2 will perform when Jason releases it.
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 12:43:27 pm »
To put it like this: If nothing had happened in development after 0.56b, I think even less people would be playing LX now. So blaming the development for making people flee is wrong. Of course, things could have been done differently to attract more people to LX, and try to make more people stay, but IMO OLX has been following a sort o Versailles treaty pattern: It changed enough to chase away oldies, but changed too little to attract new people. I don't blame the devs for this, since they have honestly tried their best, and OLX is much better than 0.56b was.

Anywho, the core LX gameplay is always going to be an addictive gameplay, and with a few billion internet users, there will always be enough people to potentially create a relatively big and vibrant community. But for that to happen, it needs to look good, be simple to use and the gameplay needs to feel tight. If those goals are achieved in a future LX (OLX or LX2), things could change very quickly. I am really curious how LX2 will perform when Jason releases it.

OLX was awesome, I agree, but when RC got out and fked up the servers without giving any useful benefits, I lost all the - I guess you could call it faith - in the development of this game.

Frey

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 09:37:38 pm »
After a period of over a month I decided to open lieroX again today. I didn't expect to see much activity, but once again LieroX amazed me !
Played some great games with people I hadn't seen in quite a while. Always a pleasure to get back to lx like this !

JasonB

« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 12:30:46 am »
Anywho, the core LX gameplay is always going to be an addictive gameplay, and with a few billion internet users, there will always be enough people to potentially create a relatively big and vibrant community.

That's the theory i'm running with too.

Janko

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »
I think I commented on this in my first post on this forum, but here it goes again. I still think the most important thing to do is to have standard settings that apply for all games online. Make a mod with only the standard restricted 100lt weps, so that this is default for all new players. The main variation over this mod should be game type (e.g dm, tdm, ctf, race, HnS). Other mods should still be available but not as obvious as they are now. Its only confusing. The classic mod is the most balanced, and the one that offers the most intriguing tactics. Spammy mods are fun for one day, or as variation, but will not keep people playing because the room for improvement is so limited (i.m.o). Also there should be some tutorials or videos that explain the most important aspects of the game and motivates people to embrace the competetive aspects of it.

I think Thomas makes argument about esthetics too. Smooth graphics is crucial. Youngsters has like phobia against big pixels.

Also, the community is quiet unique, so we have an edge on others there. Like I've said a thousand times, this is the only game that offers discussions about physics, neurobiology, medicine, engineering and poop at a decent level.

Tafka

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 08:42:24 pm »
Also there should be some tutorials or videos that explain the most important aspects of the game and motivates people to embrace the competetive aspects of it.
bout physics, neurobiology, medicine, engineering and poop at a decent level.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZlOPcSW-rw

people should watch this more.

*some KennyOfBlok wants to die it seems

JasonB

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 01:50:10 am »
I think I commented on this in my first post on this forum, but here it goes again. I still think the most important thing to do is to have standard settings that apply for all games online. Make a mod with only the standard restricted 100lt weps, so that this is default for all new players. The main variation over this mod should be game type (e.g dm, tdm, ctf, race, HnS). Other mods should still be available but not as obvious as they are now. Its only confusing. The classic mod is the most balanced, and the one that offers the most intriguing tactics. Spammy mods are fun for one day, or as variation, but will not keep people playing because the room for improvement is so limited (i.m.o). Also there should be some tutorials or videos that explain the most important aspects of the game and motivates people to embrace the competetive aspects of it.

Yes. This!
This is what i want to do. And even take it a step further in team games. Reduce the number of weapons a bit, so the game is less spammy & more skill based. Ideally each weapon should have a specific purpose.

Of course, any host can select any mod/weapons if they want on their server.
But i'd like the official servers to have hand picked mods/weapons aiming for balance & skill.

Ahmed

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 11:55:24 am »
Supershotgon
Cannon
Chaingun/Handgun
Doomsday
Napalm

keep those and maybe i'll play one day

As for the release I think you said earlier that there would be no live and just max kills or something for the initial release. Do you think that might change? Personally the last man standing is what drew me to the game in the first place  :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:57:04 am by Ahmed »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

anything