Liero v1.0 – 100lt
IP: 144.76.67.162
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bring It Back  (Read 6074 times)

kokbira

• Gi Joe Brown Brazillian Rope-Flying Ant
  • LXA Part Time Adapt
  • Schwartz: +23/-6
  • 3598 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To kokbira
  • ex-player (ex-Flip and ex-s00t clan member)
Re: Bring It Back
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 03:35:36 pm »
(guided) missile
fan
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:37:54 pm by kokbira »

miikizzle

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 05:18:54 pm »
Supershotgon
Cannon
Chaingun/Handgun
Doomsday
Napalm

keep those and maybe i'll play one day

This

Kurko

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2012, 09:23:35 pm »

JasonB

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 12:33:30 am »
As for the release I think you said earlier that there would be no live and just max kills or something for the initial release. Do you think that might change? Personally the last man standing is what drew me to the game in the first place  :D

LMS & Lives are in the game. But they are under-done. So i've disabled them for the first release rather then half assing it.
The first release is just to test networking, graphics engine & to make sure i havn't ****ed up the physics again :)
LMS + Lives will follow shortly after.

Duality

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 10:57:22 am »
I brought myself back, now lets all celebrate!

No, but lets talk reason for a while, it will never go back to "the old days". Just think about it, years have passed people have become older and changed their ways of thinking, and what to do with their spare time. Sure it was fun spending hours and hours playing this addictive little 2D game in the days, but most of the players were in their mid teens back then and had the time and dedication for it. Now talking from my own perspective, I couldn't get addicted to this little game like before, sure I enjoy playing a game every now and then, but that's mostly because of the people I play with, the same people I used to have a great time with while playing this game. I wouldn't probably even return to this game if it wasn't for the awesome community it has!

Lodur

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2012, 07:04:28 pm »
I love this thread! Now lets get something done 8) I'll be back from army in 57 days and aC will be back with its competitiveness
When you reach max level you stop leveling

Gothica

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 07:02:59 am »
Ok. So i just started trying to play Liero after not playing for a couple of years and i cant see any servers. Do people still play this or is my computer just acting up?

Kurko

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 11:13:45 am »
Ok. So i just started trying to play Liero after not playing for a couple of years and i cant see any servers. Do people still play this or is my computer just acting up?

...any servers? There should be at least 3 dedicated servers running 24/7 so your master server settings are probably wrong. Which version of LX/OLX are you using?

Tiger

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 02:01:26 pm »
I think I commented on this in my first post on this forum, but here it goes again. I still think the most important thing to do is to have standard settings that apply for all games online. Make a mod with only the standard restricted 100lt weps, so that this is default for all new players. The main variation over this mod should be game type (e.g dm, tdm, ctf, race, HnS). Other mods should still be available but not as obvious as they are now. Its only confusing. The classic mod is the most balanced, and the one that offers the most intriguing tactics. Spammy mods are fun for one day, or as variation, but will not keep people playing because the room for improvement is so limited (i.m.o). Also there should be some tutorials or videos that explain the most important aspects of the game and motivates people to embrace the competetive aspects of it.

Thisssss!

Honestly. All these wacky spammy mods has been a real turn off for me. At least when I have such a hard time even finding a 100lt classic server. :(

Tafka

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 08:40:58 pm »
It's like OLX is Android but people want iPhone

b-cátt

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2012, 01:58:17 pm »
I'm with Janco here too.

By all means keep all the alternative mods we have now because they can be good fun and serve as nostalgia trips etc, but 'classic 100lt' really should be the standard, default setting that new players will encounter first. That way, they'll see the real hustle.

Also, increased visibility of the game online wouldn't go amiss either. There have to be more lo-fi 2D fetishists out there who'd love to play LX and join the community. The game has bags of potential, it just needs tidying up.
m9
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up