Modern Warfare1.0 – 20lt
IP: 84.251.82.165
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 12
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dev Blog - July  (Read 2285 times)

JasonB

Dev Blog - July
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:22:36 am »
LieroX2 development is still ticking along

Spent most of July finishing up the big renderer change and getting the game and interface back up & running. That's pretty much complete aside from any optimizations.
One area that had to be redone was the shadow system. Previously it would render most objects using a pre-calculated shadow layer, and detect each pixel so it wouldn't render the shadow over the dirt/rocks. Was a really inefficient way of doing it and the number of objects casting shadows was limited to worms, projectiles and the level.
The new way simply renders *everything* in black to a texture and that texture is displayed between the level background & foreground layers at 50% opacity.
Works well & everything now has a shadow (particles, effects, etc)

Looking to spend the next few weeks trying to not implement anything new, or change too many things. Really keen to fix things up & make sure everything is working as expected so i can make a beta build available.

The first build will probably have a few things disabled, like the fun game modes. It'll probably just have the standard death match game available for now, rather than the Last Man Standing mode (the one with lives). The idea is to get some feedback on how the game feels, make sure i havn't broken too many things (ie, physics) and to see how many people are still interested in this project.

Ahmed

Re: Dev Blog - July
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:38:23 pm »
The first build will probably have a few things disabled, like the fun game modes. It'll probably just have the standard death match game available for now, rather than the Last Man Standing mode (the one with lives). The idea is to get some feedback on how the game feels, make sure i havn't broken too many things (ie, physics) and to see how many people are still interested in this project.

Great news to hear, I'd suggest not using this community to gauge the interest in the project. This community is basically dead, and most won't be coming back unless there is a reason and activity. Best bet imo is to start targeting new people, you'll get your old crowed back that way too.
Learning about chemistry all day is more fun than anything... sorry LieroX.
Pages: [1]   Go Up