Trick or Treat v0.4 – 100lt
IP: 69.12.73.163
Game Mode: Death Match
Lives: 0
Max Kills: 15
Version: OpenLieroX 0.58 rc5
Players:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [aC]'s 4-man project is now concluded  (Read 3802 times)

Legend

[aC]'s 4-man project is now concluded
« on: June 02, 2012, 02:26:28 pm »
All right, so half a year ago or thereabouts we started this four-man project. To be fair, it didn't work out exactly as it was supposed to be. Yet retrospectively, I think it had some good things about it as well. It was good that we spread people out a bit, I think it was good for [bkS] to have Filmonss and surely [R] liked to have Nelli in their ranks. The other people, Luffy, Karma, Slimbo, Puni and Purplehaze didn't play much anyway, not that competitively at any rate, well, except Slimbo who deviously played for [ways] and [aC] both. We ended up using Cumi and Slimbo a lot because [ways] was a mess and didn't work out at all. I had hoped [ways] would become something like [FoH] but shit happens, I guess.

So yeah, one reason was to spread people out a bit, and then to have a lot good clanwars, with different clans. Too bad SorZ and Lodur didn't play much after all, so basically it was Thor, Cumi and I who played most games. But we did have a lot great games either way. Eventually as winter turned to spring also cw activity reduced a lot and finally people stopped playing cws regularly. I have always liked cws a lot, actually in general I have liked good cws most about LX, so I think that was pretty bad, but yeah it was fun while it lasted. At some point the game was ridiculously active and we got a lot good cws, then cw activity dropped down and people were mostly satisfied with good tdm games and occasional clanwars. We actually kept cw statistics for curiousity's sake, which you can see in the link below. I thought it would be cool to do some cw stats one last time, so I gave it a shot. Too bad we didn't play that much with clans like [bkS] and [T3] after all.

So, the ultimate project is over. Or has been for quite a while anyway. I think it was a success and failure both, but yeah whatever. Anyway, I don't think many actually would, but anyone who we kicked out may now return to [aC]. Don't think it's going to make much practical difference because most of us are going to be somewhat inactive, or very inactive. But I have no objections if people want to come back for whatever reasons. Considering how dead everything is again, clans don't mean shit in any competitive sense, but if any of the old folk want to wear the tag again, go ahead. At least we now see if any of the kicked people really cared about being in the clan, or just were hanging there and monkeying around.

Well, that's about it. [aC] will probably cease to be an active clan, and rather aspire to become one of those clans that gather around occasionally to talk shit, just play some games, maybe do random drunk cws and that kind of stuff. Pretty much always during its existence, [aC] has been at the very least a semi-active clan, but perhaps it's now time to head in new directions.

OK, now to the cw list we managed to scrape together.
http://www.openlierox.net/forum/index.php/topic,12824.0.html

Lodur

Re: [aC]'s 4-man project is now concluded
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:08:12 pm »
Its exactly the lack of competition that makes me lose my interest to this game. I never thought kicking everyone would be a good decision but whats done is done and i'd like to see Filmonss, Puni, Haze etc back in aC :)

One month 'till armytime so after July the 9th I wont be around for 6-12months  :(
When you reach max level you stop leveling

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 08:41:44 pm »
Fun read. But I see no point making statistics about cws when you don't even have 90% of the cw-s there.
So yeah, your project(I mean the 4-man clan) failed as everyone predicted, it really was a random choice and the idea was pretty much a dream ^^

Btw it isn't nice to like "call" people back to aC when they've already joined somewhere else.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Thor

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:39:52 am »
Fun read. But I see no point making statistics about cws when you don't even have 90% of the cw-s there.

Hehe, I don't know where you did get that per cent. However, the fact is, that list Legend posted contains about 100 % of cws we played as "four fangs". Hard to admit that [aC] still dominates LX?

Btw it isn't nice to like "call" people back to aC when they've already joined somewhere else.

Calling back members is different than announcing that they are warmly welcomed back if they want to join again.

Was a nice project. Maybe it didn't work as we planned it to, but hell yes, we had good time. We still owned clans with old tricks and us four were very united. I liked it. Unfortunately, during a life you get new challenges, and now it's time for it in whole [aC]. Somebody goes to army, somebody begins studies, somebody finishes his professional studies... etc.

It's sure thing that [aC] tag will be seen in LX in future too, but probably not as strong as it was seen last a few years when [aC] dominated the LX.

SorZ

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 09:26:25 pm »
I like us anyway.  :)

Hope to see you all around, I will play bit more now that I finished my studies.

Gaston

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 12:04:41 am »
Considering how dead everything is again, clans don't mean shit in any competitive sense, but if any of the old folk want to wear the tag again, go ahead. At least we now see if any of the kicked people really cared about being in the clan, or just were hanging there and monkeying around.

If people don't rejoin aC, that doesn't necessarily mean they were "monkeying around". I know I would have been pissed if I was kicked like aC did half a year ago, and I wouldn't rejoin no matter how much I enjoyed being in the clan. And it would have nothing to do with "monkeying around".
26 Mars 2007
Belle: woah, is that a neatly snuck in sexproposition? Could I ask you to take of your pants?

Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 01:12:00 pm »
So yeah, your project(I mean the 4-man clan) failed as everyone predicted, it really was a random choice and the idea was pretty much a dream ^^

What Thor said. Also, I thought people would be most curious about what clans defeated us, and I did my best to record all those. Mostly clans never miss a chance to post a cw win against us, so all those that are found from other clans' threads also are found in that list. It's possible some [aC] wins are missing there, but not many, so your "not even 90%" is plain bullshit.

If people don't rejoin aC, that doesn't necessarily mean they were "monkeying around". I know I would have been pissed if I was kicked like aC did half a year ago, and I wouldn't rejoin no matter how much I enjoyed being in the clan. And it would have nothing to do with "monkeying around".

This is true. And it is pretty much why I don't expect many coming back. But if their hurt feelings make the biggest reason not to come back, then I am willing to apologize. I'm sorry. Even so, I have no regrets and am pretty happy about the project. Now [aC] only has the true [aC] folk in it, but perhaps now some people can return and establish a similar reputation for them?

Boomboy

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:25:23 pm »
Will you be starting the 3-man project now?

Thor

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 09:47:23 am »

Wanna join for it?

SorZ

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 02:45:44 pm »
Good day.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:46:10 pm »

That sounds dirty, sir.

This is where I put my secret messages, ssh!

Terrance

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »

That sounds dirty, sir.

In that case , 4man project is even dirtier...
Pages: [1]   Go Up